Mass Device Packs

Valdin

Ok I broke down and bought the arise serpentor arise pack, as well as the air chariot vehicle pack. I have decided I do want to finish the mass device and will have to wait til next paycheck to get the quick kick pack but I will get it. The best of looks awesome, I can't wait to get that one. Now is there any way to remove the head peice and shoulder snakes holding the cape in place with out cutting them? Like flying Fyggs boiling method or something? Also, the wierd thing is my air chariot pack didn't have a cape for serpentor. Did I not look everywhere or what? Lastly my dusty didn't come with the webgear, so I think I will contact customer service about that. It's worth a shot anyway. Thanks guys.

The shoulder snakes should pull right out of the peg holes with very little effort. The back cowl / snake hood thingy is glued in to the peg hole. I'm sure if you heated it up the glue would melt. I ripped mine off pulling it out somewhat accidentally. No issue though I glued the nub which was all that was left into the back hole of the body I wanted to use. Came out well I think:

SA400326.jpg

Thank You, much appreciated. Do you have any reccomendations on how I can heat it up to melt the glue? I'm guessing boiling. yes/no? Thank You.

People are really into boiling, but I'm obliged to keep offering my own alternative:

A light bulb. Seriously. A 60 watt or better incandescent bulb will heat up your figure sufficiently to pull off anything glues down. No boiling water, no chance of scarring, and if you're lucky, enough of the glue heats up with the figure that when you make the swap, it'll dry right into the new hole... meaning no glue necessary for you to finish your custom!

I stand by the lightbulb method. It's a much less involved version of the "boil and pop" road... it softens the plastic, makes it easy to pull arms and hands out of their sockets, reheats glue to a point where anything is removable, and even cures modeing compounds like Super Sculpey. Aside from cracking the chest cavity, there's really nothing it can't do!

People are really into boiling, but I'm obliged to keep offering my own alternative:

A light bulb. Seriously. A 60 watt or better incandescent bulb will heat up your figure sufficiently to pull off anything glues down. No boiling water, no chance of scarring, and if you're lucky, enough of the glue heats up with the figure that when you make the swap, it'll dry right into the new hole... meaning no glue necessary for you to finish your custom!

I stand by the lightbulb method. It's a much less involved version of the "boil and pop" road... it softens the plastic, makes it easy to pull arms and hands out of their sockets, reheats glue to a point where anything is removable, and even cures modeing compounds like Super Sculpey. Aside from cracking the chest cavity, there's really nothing it can't do!

That or a hair dryer should work just fine.

'course you could do what I did and just rip it off . @hmmm@

I saw sets 3 and 4 at Target yesterday, and had money on me. But decided against these (for now). I do want to complete the mass device, but am not happy with these. Firstly I hate repaints (with small exceptions). Second, the new figures were nothing to be go nuts over. I was looking at the figures, and got to say quality control went downhill. I am not impressed. Quick Kick looked like a cheapo generic figure that you would find at big lots for a buck especially in the paint job. I liked the snake eyes, but its another snake eyes. Not worth 20 bucks for 1 figure and a build a peice. Anyone else feel gyped by these, or is it just me. I am kinda getting dissapointed with what hasbro is offering now. I can see others are too cause the stores are getting backed up with the repaints in this neck of the woods.

Tell me about it. This whole modern era is getting out of control with repaints. How about Quality!!! A REAL COBRA EMPEROR would be nice. They really need to stop making a quick buck by pumping out repaints.

I know, right. I am a big fan of rah, and all the comics that have come out, even DDP. I want a definitive serpentor, and a ddp version, same with zartan. To me the ddp version of zartan looked kinda like a scooby doo villain, and the ddp version of serpentor belongs in a nursing home instead of being a Cobra emperor. I do like the new zartan, but the paint on his face is a little off.

You want to talk about quality control, I went to toysrus for the 3 packs and had to tear through the whole bin to find a complete set without anything wrong with them. Most figures, especially wild bill had something wrong with them. For example with wild bill most of the figures had his nose all screwed up. How nice is that? Good thing I got a good set, and while they were on sale for 8.99 each. I passed on the destro set since it has 2 repaints. But now they are full price in the front of the store not moving at all.

That or a hair dryer should work just fine.

'course you could do what I did and just rip it off . @hmmm@

The best tool I've ever found to do this is still a small space heater.