ROTF Optimus Prime leader class figure revealed!!!

Cyberscream

All I can say is Hasbro really did great on it. Here check it out. I heard that only the voyager figure will be able to combine with Jetfire (even though hes said to be a Decepticon).

transformers-revenge-of-thefallen-leader-optimus-prime__scaled_500.jpg

And here's the bio (w/ SPOILERS):BIO: "With the destruction of MEGATRON, OPTIMUS PRIME thought he was finally, after millions of years, at peace. Little did he know that the escape of STARSCREAM would draw dozens of new DECEPTICONS to Earth. The desire that burns brightest in his Spark is that the war will soon end. He is determined to see that end come, and so he works with his human comrades and the other AUTOBOTS to hunt the DECEPTICONS that have come to Earth, and destroy them, one by one."

damn! that is impressive. long smoke stacks even, maybe hasbro is starting to catch on to "how to make good stuff better" in the ever growing toy realm

Great looking Prime, a must have for me. Makes me all the more happy about skipping TF1 leader Prime.

I skipped the first movie leader class Prime because leader class Megatron was a piece of crap (one of the few TFs I've ever returned) and it would be kinda stupid to have a giant Prime next to a half-sized Megatron.

Great looking Prime, a must have for me. Makes me all the more happy about skipping TF1 leader Prime.

I skipped the first movie leader class Prime because leader class Megatron was a piece of crap (one of the few TFs I've ever returned) and it would be kinda stupid to have a giant Prime next to a half-sized Megatron.

I never got movie Megs because of the same reason

He was a peice of crap

Things that stand out:

Looks like the rubber tires are back, as well as the articulated fingers and light-up windshield.

Transform is different-- I'm really impressed that they're giving us such a new Prime rather than just tweaking the old one, and hope the back end of the truck is more faithful this time. Different weapon mechanism, whatever "snap-out" means, which appears to be less obtrusive.

Can't tell how they're handling the chrome parts, whether they're painted like the premium version or cast in silver plastic. If the latter, I hope that they don't use as dark a grey as the first Leader-class Movie Prime toy. I like the tannish silver used recently on the Target-exclusive Voyager Prime that came with a sorely out-matched Deluxe Bonecrusher. I'd love an actual vac-metalized Prime like the Old Days, but only if the QC is good and he isn't standing on his bumper as part of his transform.

Box advertises both conversion sounds (please be classic G1 sound over the "Challenge of the Superfriends" noise!), racing and engine revving sounds, and a speaking voice-- hopefully Peter Cullen rather than a generic robot voice. I'm enough of a kid to really appreciate electronic gimmicks if they're handled well and still lovingly remember my G1 Galvatron-- what a great Christmas! No co-sells or any mention of combining ability.

I really like my $40 Leader-Class Prime, but I'd like to see more of this one, especially pics of the actually figure. This image seems really heavily photoshopped, to the point where the windshield doesn't even look transparent. I'd like to know if the eyes glow blue this time and the extent of his hip articulation. I'd also like to see that head at other angles, since it doen't look quite like either of the Leader-Class Prime heads we've seen. I could always keep him in Truck mode and display the two together...

He was a peice of crap

Hes okay, but not exactly a masterpiece.... I REALLY can't wait to see what ROTF Megs looks like with his new Cybertronian Tank mode.

He was a peice of crap

Hes okay, but not exactly a masterpiece.... I REALLY can't wait to see what ROTF Megs looks like with his new Cybertronian Tank mode.

Same here, I like the new Megatron concept art.

He was a peice of crap

Same here, I like the new Megatron concept art.

At least Hasbro won't have to deal with big wings this time...