Black Head Destro

pesatyel

I'm not one to usually buy MOC stuff and keep it that way. I picked up most of the original Transformers Classics like that is about it.

However, I DID come across a single comic pack with Desto sporting the black head and decided to pick him up. Only one I've ever seen, so how rare IS it?

I think it's somewhat rare. I only found it once myself, but I think that is more do to poor distribution of it to the stores that I check frequently (they are all super full with old comic packs).

However, even though it's pretty rare, it is a pretty dumb variant that nobody seems to care about.

If it were on a single card, it would be worth big bucks

If it were on a single card, it would be worth big bucks

Oh for sure, Stalker sized big bucks, being on the comic pack hurts the value for sure, even though the other figures an IG. Like I said,found two at retail, and no TNI'ers want them, and I lost the receipt.

Well, one of the reasons I picked him up was for the Iron Grenadier (I needed one more for my squad). Getting the different Destro just made it easier. I thought about getting the one with the Viper, but I didn't need another arthritic Viper, especially with that 5-pack version coming out, hopefully, soon.

i have only seen the basic Desro with the Iron Grenadier solider.I have never seen the black head Destro.As Clam said because of the bad distribution of the figures I have never seen the Transluscent Wraith(I have given up on find a few weeks ago).Only seen the basic Wraith.

I had been looking for one for a long time and finally ran across three at different locations. I think it's pretty rare but I am not into selling anything so I only picked up the first two I came across. I figuresd that way if a nother collector was out there looking he might find the other one.

I don't think it's too rare. Yeah,I haven't seen it sitting on the pegs but I saw that HasbroToyShop had them for sale when they first came out. No idea how many they sold at the time. So that's something else you need to factor in to figure out how "rare" they are.

I don't think it's too rare. Yeah,I haven't seen it sitting on the pegs but I saw that HasbroToyShop had them for sale when they first came out. No idea how many they sold at the time. So that's something else you need to factor in to figure out how "rare" they are.

I can't find the Q&A that had it, but Hasbro addressed this comic pack a while back. I'm paraphrasing now, but they said something to the effect of....

The ratio is 4:1. Meaning 1 out of every 4 will be Black Head. But that it would only be in the intial production run. Later runs would only be the Gold Head.