Marvel 3 3/4" figs out in Canada.

canprime

Hey Guys,

I usually don't post here, but I thought you might like to know that the new "Fury Files" 3 3/4" figs from Hasbro are hitting shelves in Canada. I picked up a bunch today at Walmart. Of the 12 figures in the first wave, the only ones I didn't see were Bullseye and "flame" Johnny Storm.

Looking at the back of the cards, it appears that the variant figures have actually photos of the variant, while the regular figures have a multiple character photo. Sorry I forgot to photograph the receipt. They retail for $9.92 (before tax) up here. If you want to see further proof www.cybertron.ca has a thread on their site with more disscussion and photos.

As for the figures themselves. They are great!! They put DCIH to shame and match up nicely with Joes and SW. I can see this line outdoing ML in sheer number of characters and variations. I shall be well and truly broke this year.

post-15872-1231004440_thumb.jpg

post-15872-1231004456_thumb.jpg

Have you opened the SS yet? Does his board have pegs for him?

Also, $9.92?! Isn't the Canadian dollar worth more than American right now?

hell no you guys have been raping us for well over a year and a half at least now :S

1.00 USD

=

1.20535 CAD

United States Dollars Canada Dollars

1 USD = 1.20535 CAD 1 CAD = 0.829635 USD

www.xe.com

I must say I am annoyed as hell that we get these POS while we have yet to get really any marvel legends support what so ever around here :S Also big howmuch are these suppose to cost there ?.. Surely they can't be that cheap to get such a reaction out of you?..

Have you opened the SS yet? Does his board have pegs for him?

Also, $9.92?! Isn't the Canadian dollar worth more than American right now?

Yes his board has 2 pegs for his feet.

The dollar has been below the US dollar again for a couple of months now.

Synch, I honestly don't think that the ML line had much gas left. The logical step for Hasbro was to shrink down the line. When you actually get to see some in person you might not think they are POS.

yeah I'm kind of excited to be able to find something marvel on the pegs again to tell the truth ... Odds are I will get a couple of these lil buggers but I'm going to be very picky & selective if anything ... I do like that blue ironman... Now that is how you do a blue ironman! I also wouldn't get you're hopes up with this line as well... walmart is awful for getting stuff in ... they may get in a ton of wave one & sell it all out but then not get in anything more after it :S Just look at DCUC for an example :S My walmart got in 7 cases or so and sold all out with in 5 days or less of putting each case of wave 1 out then never got anything after that :S

i am hoping for 7 or less too..

walmart has the Infinite Heroes at 6.97, GiJoes at 6.84.... I don't see how they would make the MU figures too different

Hasbro has said they will be $7.99 in the US, same as Star Wars. They have to pay for the $300 million license. They own GI Joe and pay $0 for that. Thats why they are always the cheapest 3 3/4 figures.

$300 Million...thats alot of Toys they have to sell!

Hey Guys,

I usually don't post here, but I thought you might like to know that the new "Fury Files" 3 3/4" figs from Hasbro are hitting shelves in Canada. I picked up a bunch today at Walmart. Of the 12 figures in the first wave, the only ones I didn't see were Bullseye and "flame" Johnny Storm.

Looking at the back of the cards, it appears that the variant figures have actually photos of the variant, while the regular figures have a multiple character photo. Sorry I forgot to photograph the receipt. They retail for $9.92 (before tax) up here. If you want to see further proof www.cybertron.ca has a thread on their site with more disscussion and photos.

As for the figures themselves. They are great!! They put DCIH to shame and match up nicely with Joes and SW. I can see this line outdoing ML in sheer number of characters and variations. I shall be well and truly broke this year.

Where are you in Canada? I'm on the East Coast... nothing here yet (well, as of yesterday anyway).

Hey Guys,

Where are you in Canada? I'm on the East Coast... nothing here yet (well, as of yesterday anyway).

I'm in Toronto. Most of the Walmarts here have had some out on the shelves. ONLY Walmart though. None of the reports have mention eitehr TRU or Zellers, just Walmart.

I've got them too, and while some are pretty good, they aren't that great.

The ones with Hasbro knees are aweful and don't stand well. (Punisher and Black Panther)

The ones that have ball shoulders with bicep pivots hace an old school "infinate heroes" joint, which looks cheap. I never thought I'd wish for Has-bow's, but they would have been better than these cheap joints.

At least GI Joes are consistent with thier articulation, MU's not so much.

The one thing I will give the MU is that there are paint washes that give some depth to the figures.

For a 3 3/4 line these are just average.

FYI: the box I got had a DO NOT DISPLAY UNTIL 3/1/09 sticker on it, so good luck finding them before then.

I am beyond jealous! Bumblebee it sounds like your collection is shaping up very nicely! I wonder how long it will take for these guys to get to the states I'm going crazy, I saw the post from clonekiller about the DO NOT DISPLAY UNTIL 3/1/09 sticker but I wonder why they would release early in Canada and Singapore (the origins of ALL the ebay auctions).

when they have something with a "release date" on it here, it won't ring up in the computer.

I wonder how so many of you guys are finding them. Anybody finding them on the shelves? Have any of you had a problem at the cash register with them not rigning up?

I am beyond jealous! Bumblebee it sounds like your collection is shaping up very nicely! I wonder how long it will take for these guys to get to the states I'm going crazy, I saw the post from clonekiller about the DO NOT DISPLAY UNTIL 3/1/09 sticker but I wonder why they would release early in Canada and Singapore (the origins of ALL the ebay auctions).

Usually (For Canada anyway) it's the other way around. The U.S. gets it first and Canada about a month or so later. Every now and then (like wave 1 of TF Animated, and the TF movie toys so I'm told) we might see something on the shelf earlier.

I have yet to see these but I'm not looking for them really.......

when they have something with a "release date" on it here, it won't ring up in the computer.

I wonder how so many of you guys are finding them. Anybody finding them on the shelves? Have any of you had a problem at the cash register with them not rigning up?

Outside of Clonekiller, ALL reports have been of finding these on the shelves. When I bought mine they rang up at the cash no problem. Also, all sightings have only been at Walmart and no other retailer.

Outside of Clonekiller, ALL reports have been of finding these on the shelves. When I bought mine they rang up at the cash no problem. Also, all sightings have only been at Walmart and no other retailer.

ok.. cool..

but everytime I have found a case at Walmart with a release date, they won't ring up in the computers... especially on new items that the store didn't previously carry.

Like when the new clone wars stuff came out.. I tried to buy some Galactic Heroes. They had a release date on the box. And they wouldn't ring up in the computer at the cash register.

ok.. cool..

but everytime I have found a case at Walmart with a release date, they won't ring up in the computers... especially on new items that the store didn't previously carry.

Like when the new clone wars stuff came out.. I tried to buy some Galactic Heroes. They had a release date on the box. And they wouldn't ring up in the computer at the cash register.

The weird thing with this release is that it appears to be the revision cases of wave 1 that are being put out on the shelves. None of the cases found have included Bullseye or "Flame On" Human Torch.