What figures you want made by Hasbro from the original cartoon?

Roadpigmaster

I would buy a sparks figure mainly if i want toon inspired figs it would the artic styled guys or some of the cartoon only villians, at even then only a few: Cadet demming, lt. claymore, and just maybe a female version of the regular troops.

From the GIJOE episode The Rotten Egg, McCann the former Marine officer that turn into a Cobra member.

rotten5.jpg

After watching some Sunbow eps, I've gotta say:

Raven

Admiral Lattimer

Admiral Oberton

BA LeCarre

Professor Mullaney

Honda Lou West

Buck McCann

CEC Cadets

Matthew Burke

Nice list!!!

Add to it, The Cobra Robots from the Mass Devie, the one with Cobra heads. Hasbro never made them...

I've always wanted a captured Cobra Battleship captained by Lattimer!!! I think back in the hey day that could have worked!! For Cobra to have secretly kept the Montana and used some sort of holographic device to fool the Joes into thinking they did destroy it!!! I think that would have been the greatest!! The Flaag versus the Montana or whatever name they could come up with!!!

Dr. Lucifer would be at the top of my list... "WOMANNNNNNNNNNNNN"

Others I'd like to see:...

Charles Fairmont & Dr. Filmoss (Eye For An Eye), Mr. C, Landsberg (the director from Cold Slither & Lights, Camera, Cobra), Dr. Shakur (Jungle Trap), THE VIPER aka the Wiper, Old Snake, Admiral Latimer would be awesome... Someone mentioned the guy who ran the Cobra Rec Center, I'd be down for that. Ditto for Col. Sharp, Sgt. Slaughter and Sparks. How about a Gamesmaster/Cocoa 2 pack?

"Gamesmaster like lady?"

"I do not have a crush on her COCOA!"

I'm getting carried away here on my 1st post. What about some members of Destro's family? Or a build a figure of the monster from Sins of the Fathers????????? Or a Cold Slither version of the 'noks and Zartan?

Dr. Lucifer would be at the top of my list... "WOMANNNNNNNNNNNNN"

Others I'd like to see:...

Charles Fairmont & Dr. Filmoss (Eye For An Eye), Mr. C, Landsberg (the director from Cold Slither & Lights, Camera, Cobra), Dr. Shakur (Jungle Trap), THE VIPER aka the Wiper, Old Snake, Admiral Latimer would be awesome... Someone mentioned the guy who ran the Cobra Rec Center, I'd be down for that. Ditto for Col. Sharp, Sgt. Slaughter and Sparks. How about a Gamesmaster/Cocoa 2 pack?

"Gamesmaster like lady?"

"I do not have a crush on her COCOA!"

I'm getting carried away here on my 1st post. What about some members of Destro's family? Or a build a figure of the monster from Sins of the Fathers????????? Or a Cold Slither version of the 'noks and Zartan?

Great Idea baout the GameMaster and Coco!

I've gotta ask... the people who put the 'civilian' characters on the table... Would you REALLY buy them? If you're walking down the aisle at Wal-Mart and you see a DVD set that's Duke, Cobra Commander, Roadblock, and Honda Lou West, are you honestly going to snap it up and fork over $20? Are you really going to take it home, put it up in your collection, and gush about how we should get more characters in a military-themed toyline who have no combat abilities whatsoever, and were largely forgettable background characters in a single episode, and most often only there to provide a 'face' to the people that GI Joe protects?

And when we received the inevitable three repaints of that civilian character and their component parts were scattered throughout the line wherever Hasbro thought they might fit, would you still be excited? When a civilian character or two were the only new things in an upcoming wave that was otherwise repaints, would you even care anymore? More importantly, would everyone else?

I'm not trying to knock anyone's wants here, simply ask the hypothetical. For a lot of fans, 1982-86 (sometimes 87, depending on their thoughts on the movie) are the only years that really 'count', which can be directly attributed to the Sunbow cartoon. But even with that in mind, civilian characters would carry such limited appeal (even if a DVD of the episode they were in was included with each one to let the buyer know who they are) that I really think only the most hardcore Sunbow fans would even want most of them, let alone actually buy them. Right now, it appears that Hasbro has trouble justifying 'staple' characters that we know and like (where oh where is Dr. Mindbender?), let alone random civilian guests. I feel that the average consumer (and even the average Joe fan) are going to raise an eyebrow at a random non-soldier figure in a war toyline, and walk away. There's really no doubt in my mind that the most unknown Joe, even one made up for the cartoon like Sparks, would sell MUCH better than George Landisberg, even with both characters having an equal number of episodes to their credit and neither actually engaging in combat.

I realize the question is 'what would you like to see' as it's own hypothetical, not 'what do you think Hasbro would actually make', so again, I'm not challenging the validity of the wants. Please don't take these comments as insults, but as a a bit of realistic follow-up. I'm asking the questions of: Do you think we'd really get them? and Do you think they'd sell, not just to you, but in general?

I've gotta ask... the people who put the 'civilian' characters on the table... Would you REALLY buy them? If you're walking down the aisle at Wal-Mart and you see a DVD set that's Duke, Cobra Commander, Roadblock, and Honda Lou West, are you honestly going to snap it up and fork over $20? Are you really going to take it home, put it up in your collection, and gush about how we should get more characters in a military-themed toyline who have no combat abilities whatsoever, and were largely forgettable background characters in a single episode, and most often only there to provide a 'face' to the people that GI Joe protects?

And when we received the inevitable three repaints of that civilian character and their component parts were scattered throughout the line wherever Hasbro thought they might fit, would you still be excited? When a civilian character or two were the only new things in an upcoming wave that was otherwise repaints, would you even care anymore? More importantly, would everyone else?

I'm not trying to knock anyone's wants here, simply ask the hypothetical. For a lot of fans, 1982-86 (sometimes 87, depending on their thoughts on the movie) are the only years that really 'count', which can be directly attributed to the Sunbow cartoon. But even with that in mind, civilian characters would carry such limited appeal (even if a DVD of the episode they were in was included with each one to let the buyer know who they are) that I really think only the most hardcore Sunbow fans would even want most of them, let alone actually buy them. Right now, it appears that Hasbro has trouble justifying 'staple' characters that we know and like (where oh where is Dr. Mindbender?), let alone random civilian guests. I feel that the average consumer (and even the average Joe fan) are going to raise an eyebrow at a random non-soldier figure in a war toyline, and walk away. There's really no doubt in my mind that the most unknown Joe, even one made up for the cartoon like Sparks, would sell MUCH better than George Landisberg, even with both characters having an equal number of episodes to their credit and neither actually engaging in combat.

I realize the question is 'what would you like to see' as it's own hypothetical, not 'what do you think Hasbro would actually make', so again, I'm not challenging the validity of the wants. Please don't take these comments as insults, but as a a bit of realistic follow-up. I'm asking the questions of: Do you think we'd really get them? and Do you think they'd sell, not just to you, but in general?

I think Hasbro must do some of he characters that impacted the fans the most (That they never produce in the original line) like Lt.Clymore from the traitor espisodes, the Cobra robots with Cobra heads, the ones from the MASS Device mini series, some of the characters that Habro produce in action figures in the 80's like Dr.Mindbender, Monkeywrench, Trasher, Zandar, Zarana, etc...

Well I never thought Satin as a 'civilian' type character.

I'm sure I would get them though.

This http://www.banned/334archives/wrangler/missy.htm could be considered a Honda Lou West. :D

Do you think we'd really get them? and Do you think they'd sell, not just to you, but in general?

No. And no.

If Wild Bill is a peg warmer, Honda Lou West would be on the shelf so long she'd have to pay rent.

Do you think we'd really get them? and Do you think they'd sell, not just to you, but in general?

No. And no.

If Wild Bill is a peg warmer, Honda Lou West would be on the shelf so long she'd have to pay rent.

QFT.

Just look at how toasty all those "pseudo-civilian" (Senators, Separatist Leaders, etc..) Star Wars figures get on shelves, and those at least don't look like normal "earth" civilians (plus Hasbro almost always packs in a gun somewhere). Star Wars, with possibly the largest "hardcore" fanbase in the world, has trouble selling those kinds of figures. Or look at the generally poor sales of the Indiana Jones line as a whole (Yes, the awfulness of the movie contributed, but it's still a line that's got a lot of "civilian" (read: boring) looking characters in it). Putting civvie characters into the G.I. Joe line in any significant numbers might very well sink it.

This really only applies to the true "civilian" characters though. Uniformed characters, random individual Cobras, and even giant slave-warriors (as well as robots, mini-vehicles, and other tidbits that never made it to toy form from the old toon) could probably be fairly viable.

I would love a TopSide figure and a Chuckles. May have to go the custom route to make these wishes come true.

One of the Hasbro Q&A's said there is a Chuckles coming......