New images of M.A.R.S. Troopers & Ferret/Scrap Iron

canprime

As the title says. All thanks to www.theterrordrome.com for the notice.

Scrap Iron and Ferret:

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewt...p?f=2&t=783

M.A.R.S. Troopers 3 pack:

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewt...p?f=2&t=782

I'm thinking that the Ferret and Scrap Iron are movie repaints and we will see the Ferret in original colours somewhere else. I like the black on Scrap Iron.

As for the M.A.R.S. Troopers. I get a Major Bludd vibe from the "officer" and the other 2 I'm torn on. I like the looks of them, but I will have to wait and see what the story is behind these guys.

No, no and NO to the crappy, big, spring-loaded cannon on the Ferret.

WHY MUST THEY DO THIS AND RUIN WHAT COULD BE A GOOD RE-RELEASE!?!? Do they think the vehicles have to have this junk for the kids to buy it?

Even when I WAS a kid, I hated spring-loaded weapons, and how big and junky they looked. Actually, it's what made me lose interest in GI Joe.

I will say this here, like I did on another board.

I believe that this Ferret/Scrap Iron is a repaint for the Movie line. Hasbro has released every vehicle to date in their proper colours and designs (forget the CLAW), with of course repaints to make some more money. I have no doubt that we will see the Ferret in the proper 80s colours, minus the "gimmick" attachment, either before or after the movie.

is that big plastic hunk actually attached to the side of the Ferret???

I mean, I could buy the thing if it was just burgundy.... even though I don't understand the powder blue trim (cringe)

ah Hasbro..... why?

Just as soon as Hasbro was getting the 25th anniversary line up to par, now this crappy movie l;ine has to come along and ruin it.

This new movie line is garbage.

That ferret also looks like it also has sound/action attack. Very lame.

First they change the GI JOE logo that we all grew up to love.

To put it short, Hasbro just killed for good.

HASBRO, WE WANT VINTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The movie box art and toys look good. But I am assuming the ferret can be modded to remove the gun

Even so, it's still crap IMO.

I guarantee this will cost AT LEAST $10, when you can probably get a vintage one on ebay (which is 100 times better) for around the same price.

Neon colors, spring-loaded weapons...count me out. :(

Joe, I'd love for you to point me to the neon in those pics.

No, powder blue is not neon. Neon is not a buzzword to describe a color you don't approve of. Do not fall into the Transformers trap.

(sorry if I'm being rude, but I'm REALLY touchy about that one)

Honestly guys (general address here, I'm not targeting Joe), it's okay to not like it. You don't have to start re-hashing the same tired complaints about how this will lead to the death of the line, the brand, the company, and the planet as we know it in order to justify that dislike.

Personally, I couldn't hate the Ferret more if I tried... and I might, because it really is that ugly. But it, like rectal blockage, will pass. Hasbro is a gun and a good paint job away from a 25th Ferret, and that makes me a little happy and a LOT hopeful that they'll see it too.

Hasbro must think that kids are either blind or stupid.

I don't think that's the case... I think it's kind of cool. Granted, it's not a a clear duplicate of the original Ferret, but it's not bad. We're going to be seeing alot of this over the course of 2009, so get ready, I guess. : /

Tom

Joe, I'd love for you to point me to the neon in those pics.

No, powder blue is not neon. Neon is not a buzzword to describe a color you don't approve of. Do not fall into the Transformers trap.

Maybe I should've used the word "pastel." ;)

The Ferret, even with its strange colour scheme is OK, until you notice the Huge spring loaded launcher on it.

The IGs or MARS troopers are pretty good until you notice that their rifels are bigger than they are.

For those of you who have seen the upcoming Armadillo and Rockslide for the movie, similar, out of scale spring loaded weapons hamper otherwise decent designs.

And lastly the night raven is rumored to have sound features (which likely means huge red buttons).

Does someone at Hasbro have a problem with scale issues???

@can@

If you guys actually expected to get vintage realistic or modern BBI realistic stuff for the movie line, I don't know what to tell you. Hasbro's gonna go all out on the movie line this summer, loading the shelves with spring loaded, action attack sound blasting figures and vehicles no matter what the "true fans" say or want. The movie is going to be one of the summer blockbusters, so they're going to bank on it like all their other movies... and to be honest, for kids, those things work, you may not have liked them when you were a kid cause they weren't around that much, but you give any ol' 4+ year old a toy that is super articulated with realistic features and life like skin tone, and then give him an animated or exaggerated figure with light up features, missile firing action, and I guarantee that kid will throw the other figure down in a heart beat for this one.

Hasbro said they're going to throw us fans a bone or two with classic figures in the movie line.. but like I said, don't expect to be happy with 90% of the stuff that comes out... ;)

If you guys actually expected to get vintage realistic or modern BBI realistic stuff for the movie line, I don't know what to tell you. Hasbro's gonna go all out on the movie line this summer, loading the shelves with spring loaded, action attack sound blasting figures and vehicles no matter what the "true fans" say or want. The movie is going to be one of the summer blockbusters, so they're going to bank on it like all their other movies... and to be honest, for kids, those things work, you may not have liked them when you were a kid cause they weren't around that much, but you give any ol' 4+ year old a toy that is super articulated with realistic features and life like skin tone, and then give him an animated or exaggerated figure with light up features, missile firing action, and I guarantee that kid will throw the other figure down in a heart beat for this one.

Hasbro said they're going to throw us fans a bone or two with classic figures in the movie line.. but like I said, don't expect to be happy with 90% of the stuff that comes out... ;)

I applaud you sir!!

This needs to be said over and over again to get people to understand. However it will most likely end up being just like the Transformers fans when the movie came out. Continual complaining by a hardcore group.

I applaud you sir!!

This needs to be said over and over again to get people to understand. However it will most likely end up being just like the Transformers fans when the movie came out. Continual complaining by a hardcore group.

I second the applause.