Ask and answer a question game for 80's Joe toys

RedKat

Redcat you got number 5 wrong!!!

I was never into Extreme, questions from that era shouldn't soil this thread!!! :P

Here's a question: Name the Trucking Company that Honda Lou owned in the Revenge of Cobra mini-series!! Easy one!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never into Extreme, questions from that era shouldn't soil this thread!!! :P

Here's a question: Name the Trucking Company that Honda Lou owned in the Revenge of Cobra mini-series!! Easy one!!

Actually, your right, Extreme SHOULDN'T be included, because it WASN'T 80s Joe. It came out in 95.

Actually, your right, Extreme SHOULDN'T be included, because it WASN'T 80s Joe. It came out in 95.

If you wanna get picky, the thread title also says the Q&As should be about 'toys', yet no one has raised any fuss over questions about the cartoon and comics... including the one my question was thrown out in favor of.

And okay, I can accept that the game doesn't cover 'peripheral' stuff, like the Devil's Due comics, or things that are speciously related like Sgt Savage and Extreme, but limiting it to the 80s seems rather arbitrary in the first place, as that doesn't even cover the whole of ARAH.

So are there consistent and reasoned 'rules' to this, or not? I don't want to sound like sour grapes here, but crying foul and bringing in the rules when someone doesn't like the question is a lot different than establishing and following the rules.

Toon question: what were the names of Roadblock's aunt and uncle and what was the name of the franchise they bought?

A: Sarah and Caleb Bronson. The restaurant chain was Red Rocket- their particular restaurant was later renamed "Joe's Place".

What is the name of the Joe action figure, that appear in just one episode of the original series? @firedevil@

Ya gotta answer a question before you can post one. In the interests of not leaving a challenge undone though...

A: Heavy Metal in "The Pit of Vipers".

Q: Aside from Grand Slam, which '82 GI Joe bears a sports reference?

So are there consistent and reasoned 'rules' to this, or not? I don't want to sound like sour grapes here, but crying foul and bringing in the rules when someone doesn't like the question is a lot different than establishing and following the rules.

Oh, why not expand it to cover everything from any time? After all, its supposed to be nothing but GIJOE-lovin'....

Oh, why not expand it to cover everything from any time? After all, its supposed to be nothing but GIJOE-lovin'....

Well I took it to mean just 82 to 89. I only figured that Extreme was a little to obscure for most people. But I don't see why not include anytihng Joe. But then that would mean including questions about the 12" that only YOU could answer @firedevil@

If you wanna get picky, the thread title also says the Q&As should be about 'toys', yet no one has raised any fuss over questions about the cartoon and comics... including the one my question was thrown out in favor of.

And okay, I can accept that the game doesn't cover 'peripheral' stuff, like the Devil's Due comics, or things that are speciously related like Sgt Savage and Extreme, but limiting it to the 80s seems rather arbitrary in the first place, as that doesn't even cover the whole of ARAH.

I think we were just being insolent because we couldn't answer the question. Where would we find the answers?

I think we were just being insolent because we couldn't answer the question. Where would we find the answers?

Well, I googled "GI Joe Extreme" and the second link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G.I._...reme_characters

Had this to say about Ballistic (the second character on the list):

Due to this publicity (and network standards against have gun-related character names), his codename was changed to Eagle Eye

Seemed pretty simple to me.

But I'm not trying to start a fight about it or anything. There's no point and nothing to be gained by that. The topic is '80s Joe toys', so let's go with it. The question on the table (copied and pasted from above) is:

"Q: Aside from Grand Slam, which '82 GI Joe bears a sports reference?"

Due to this publicity (and network standards against have gun-related character names), his codename was changed to Eagle Eye

But I'm not trying to start a fight about it or anything. There's no point and nothing to be gained by that. The topic is '80s Joe toys', so let's go with it. The question on the table (copied and pasted from above) is:

The Fridge - Physical Training Instructor - William "Refridgerator" Perry

Available via mail order in 86 - 89

By the way I got mine in 2006... #US1#

The question specifies an '82 Joe. As you note, he was not an '82 Joe.

Sorry, but that one's obviously incorrect.

The question specifies an '82 Joe. As you note, he was not an '82 Joe.

Sorry, but that one's obviously incorrect.

Sorry for that one!

My answer to that? DOH!

A: Steeler. Pittsburg Steelers.

Q: Which four Joe's share a speciality that is obsolete?

• 2 weeks later...

I know that

Blowtorch, Charbroil, and the Ice Cream Soldier, share an obsolete specialty since flamethrowers were deemed cruel or something to that extent, and are no londer used in the military!!! Forgot who the 4th flamethrower was, probably after my time!!! Hopefully that's close enough, don't want to google it!! The point of this game should be how well you remember your Joe figures!!! :D

Ok, besides T Rat, and any celebrity Joe's, which Joe's file name was based on a real life person, not famous mind you!!!

Dusty

his realname is an anagram of Ronald Rudat, a designer

Which Joe drivers both share have items which are considered holy grails of collecting?

Would one of them be Heavy Metal's mic?

Not sure who else has a hard to find mic...possibly Lift Ticket?

I know that

Blowtorch, Charbroil, and the Ice Cream Soldier, share an obsolete specialty since flamethrowers were deemed cruel or something to that extent, and are no londer used in the military!!! Forgot who the 4th flamethrower was, probably after my time!!! Hopefully that's close enough, don't want to google it!! The point of this game should be how well you remember your Joe figures!!! :D

Ok, besides T Rat, and any celebrity Joe's, which Joe's file name was based on a real life person, not famous mind you!!!

The last one was Blast-Off from Mega Marines.

Dusty

his realname is an anagram of Ronald Rudat, a designer

Which Joe drivers both share have items which are considered holy grails of collecting?

Would one of them be Heavy Metal's mic?

Not sure who else has a hard to find mic...possibly Lift Ticket?

The question is a little confusing. Does he mean they all share a common item that is a "holy grail" item?

If that's the case, and its microphones, it would be Lift Ticket, Heavy Metal, Cold Front and Hardtop.