Ask and answer a question game for 80's Joe toys

RedKat

i got a new game that will keep on this thread only.

Just something to stimulate your knowledge on 80's Joe's Toys. So answer the question above you and then leave a question for the next person. Remember, this is for the 80's Joe's toys ONLY!

Q. for question , A. for answer biggrin.gif

Q. Which Cobra-La character didn't get a figure made due to poor sales of previous released Cobra-La figures? __________________

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a new game that will keep on this thread only.

Just something to stimulate your knowledge on 80's Joe's Toys. So answer the question above you and then leave a question for the next person. Remember, this is for the 80's Joe's toys ONLY!

Q. for question , A. for answer biggrin.gif

Q. Which Cobra-La character didn't get a figure made due to poor sales of previous released Cobra-La figures? __________________

A: Pythona

Q: What do the three "T"'s in Sgt. Slaughter's Triple T stand for?

A. 80's figures only would be: Junkyard, Timber, Polly, Freedom, Order, Max (oops! Thanks Arrow, I guess I was in a hurry typing)

Q. Which Joe hails from my home state, Oklahoma?

A. Drop Zone — Poteau, Oklahoma and Lift Ticket — Lawton, Oklahoma

Q. Who was the first figure available by submitting Battle Points in the mail?

A. duke

Q. this international figure had the following, the head of Flash (1982), the repainted waist of Zandar (1986), and the repainted body of Torpedo (1983). who is this figure ?

A. 80's figures only would be: Mutt, Timber, Polly, Freedom, Order, Max

Would it not be Junkyard, rather than Mutt?

And did not the last version of Deep-Six not come with a porpoise ( or killer whale, depending on the version?)

A. duke

Q. this international figure had the following, the head of Flash (1982), the repainted waist of Zandar (1986), and the repainted body of Torpedo (1983). who is this figure ?

Wrong answer my friend, try again.

A. 80's figures only would be: Mutt, Timber, Polly, Freedom, Order, Max

Would it not be Junkyard, rather than Mutt?

And did not the last version of Deep-Six not come with a porpoise ( or killer whale, depending on the version?)

They were limiting it to the 80s, so the porpoise doesn't come into play. The Mutt/Junkyard thing is a good catch.

A. duke

A. The first mail-away was Cobra Commander, followed by Major Bludd, then Duke.

A. Superhero, of course!

Q: Which Joe from the Original 13 had an out-dated MOS?

A. duke

ok it was C.C. so i forgot. #US1#

Zap, since the bazooka had been obselete since the 40s.

Where in Greenland was Slaughter renowned to blow a months pay according to his filecard?

A: Thule

Q: What Joe vehicle only lasted 1 toy insert catalog? (Sub Teams excluded)

A: U.S.S. Flagg?

Q: True or False: Did Hasbro have plans for a gay GIJOE character?

A. im going with False, i cant see this happening, but in this day and age you never know.

Q falcon was know to be dukes half brother, but before it was change, who was to be falcons father?

A: U.S.S. Flagg?

Q: True or False: Did Hasbro have plans for a gay GIJOE character?

A. im going with False, i cant see this happening, but in this day and age you never know.

Q falcon was know to be dukes half brother, but before it was change, who was to be falcons father?

I don't think the gay question is valid.

A. I'm guessing Hawk.

Q. What was the name of the unproduced new Tiger Force character.

Actually, a quick check says the "gay character" question MIGHT not be valid, given the "80's figures-only" request.

But to answer the question, YES it is apparently true that, accordingly to one of the trading card sets for the 30th Anniversary, that Hasbro did have plans for a gay character on the JOE team. Obviously, those ideas never got any further than the idea stage. The claim is made on a card, where in there is a somewhat space=age looking armoured male smoking a cigar. Now, what the design suggests that character is gay is anyone's guess, but the "evidence" is there.........assuming its accurate.

What Hasbro-sanctioned product would that have been slipped out on? @hmmm@

It's not that I doubt you, but I'm wondering if we can get more details beyond 'one of the trading card sets', maybe a scan, etc?

There's a serious undercurrent of PC running in GI Joe, and I'm just not seeing this as being something other than a lunchroom joke. It seems much too controversial for them to have ever, even for a moment, seriously considered it.

Actually, a quick check says the "gay character" question MIGHT not be valid, given the "80's figures-only" request.

But to answer the question, YES it is apparently true that, accordingly to one of the trading card sets for the 30th Anniversary, that Hasbro did have plans for a gay character on the JOE team. Obviously, those ideas never got any further than the idea stage. The claim is made on a card, where in there is a somewhat space=age looking armoured male smoking a cigar. Now, what the design suggests that character is gay is anyone's guess, but the "evidence" is there.........assuming its accurate.

are you sure. i have that card, and it saids nothing about that, all he was a nun perdues space man,

Q. What was the name unproducedunproducedaracternew Tiger Force character. .

A. there were 3, saber-tooth, wild bill ripcord

Q. in the g.i.joe comic, who gave hawk is stars to be the next leader of gijoe?

are you sure. i have that card, and it saids nothing about that, all he was a nun perdues space man,

To the best of my recollection, that is what the text on the card read. I have that card series in a binder, but its stashed somewhere after a move a couple of months ago, and I have no idea which box or bin it is in.....it'd take some time to find it so........

I thought this was about the toys, not the comics. But i'll answer...Lawrence Flagg?

its the comics too, and thats the wrong answer ,its General Austin, flagg had been killed by bludd already, issue #45, In the US Army Medical Center in Washington DC, General Austin is briefing Colonel Hawk on the information about Cobra Island. He gets the President of the US, as well as the Joint Chiefs chairman to confirm that Colonel Hawk is promoted to Brigadier General and commander in chief of the GI Joe team. General Austin is retiring. Hawk receives his stars.

Q. leialoha, edwards w. is know as what joe?

Were previous questions answered already??

Edward W. Leialoha is code named 'Torpedo'

As for the whole 'gay' character question........the point is moot. As they say, "Don't ask, Don't tell"

'Nuff Said!

Q: Which character's MOS clearly stated COMMANDO and was all but overlooked in favor of 'something more spectacular'??

*yeah, I know its a 'gimme', but what the hell?*

Q. What was the name unproducedunproducedaracternew Tiger Force character. .

A. there were 3, saber-tooth, wild bill ripcord

Q. in the g.i.joe comic, who gave hawk is stars to be the next leader of gijoe?

Actually, only Sabertooth counts. Wild Bill and Ripcord weren't new characters.

Were previous questions answered already??

Edward W. Leialoha is code named 'Torpedo'

As for the whole 'gay' character question........the point is moot. As they say, "Don't ask, Don't tell"

'Nuff Said!

Q: Which character's MOS clearly stated COMMANDO and was all but overlooked in favor of 'something more spectacular'??

*yeah, I know its a 'gimme', but what the hell?*

A: Snake Eyes.

Q: Who were the 3 non-American Joes? (Trick question maybe).