DCUC Wave 6

Joker08

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which kinda makes me think once the rest of the retail stores get their lots, these are gonna be sitting around for a while. Unless they just boycott this wave, let Walmart have it's fun, and skip on to wave 7, but I doubt that will happen.

Thomas from CSC posted this at Fwoosh last night:

Okay folks. Strap in. Here's the REAL sccop.

I've read a good portion of the posts leading up to this broadcast, but admittedly starting to trail off after several pages and ultimately skipped ahead in order to get this message out ASAP. I'll go back and read the rest later tonight or tomorrow, so if I miss anything in this post I'll try to cover it on the follow-up.

Let's clarify this first. Mattel didn't screw up CSC's order specifically or exclusively. Mattel screwed up EVERYONE AND ANYONE that ordered the solid cases. This happened in several parts. First, they received all the figures EXCEPT Shazam. Then they figured out that the factory did not split the Superman cases in the 50/50 mix they were supposed to AND there was no to tell the difference between the red and black cases, NO IDEA which are which. That's the basic rundown of the logistics issues on Mattel's end.

Now let's cover the service issues. Mattel didn't bother to check the Superman cases in their warehouses even after they knew of the case packing error. They just starting shipping 'em all willy-nilly. Now this is the good part you'll all want to savor... THEY ACTUALLY TOLD US THAT WE WOULD NEED TO WORK WITH OTHER RETAILERS THAT ALSO RECEIVE SUPERMAN CASES IN ORDER TO COORDINATE 'SWAPS' TO GET THE RIGHT MIX OF RED/BLACK SUPERMAN FIGURES WE NEED TO FILL OUR ORDERS. This is not a joke. This was not 'a disgruntled employee's view of the matter.' This is their ONLY actual suggested solution to the problem. Even though our Superman cases are allocated and being released for shipping, they still won't check them for us and let us know what we're getting.

Now, let's cover where we are at with this shipment... We REFUSED to take delivery of the first six figures until the Shazam figure was available to ship at the same time. Tens of thousands of dollars worth of figures clogging up my warehouse does NOTHING for me if I can't ship ANY of them out until the seventh figure arrives. I'm told that arrangements have now been made to get us the seventh figure out of the Texas warehouse (which apparently just arrived there this week), so all of our figures are now being prepped for shipment to our warehouse. We STILL need to sort out the Superman situation, as we still do not know WHICH Supermans we are getting. We may get all of one type or a random mixed quantity of each (though we expect they'll all be the same.) They should be here a few days before the Shazam arrives from Texas, so hopefully we can establish the necessary 'trades' with a couple other retailers in the meantime.

As you can likely understand, I've been at odds with whether to lay this all out for you or not. Do you take a chance on pissing off your supplier who has yet to make things even quasi-right? Or do you continue to allow your business to look like the incompetent entity in a total cluster***k created solely by the manufacturer (yet again)? I actually REQUESTED that Mattel's marketing department be proactive for a change and address this via their shaky message board web-dude who is likely not allowed to admit fault of any kind when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I wasn't really holding my breath on that one happening anyway. Regardless, now you can see the reason for delay in any response from us in the past couple of weeks.

So in a nutshell: Product headed our way now. Superman swaps still pending. Charging commences. Packing commences. Shipping commences. Customer product arrival happy dances commence. Hopefully all within the next week or two. Hopefully without further issue. Hopefully.

Thanks!

T-

For anyone that ordered Wave 6 online, it's not the store's fault you haven't gotten your figures yet. Blame Mattel. If you frequent any other toy forums, please pass this info along, so that online retailers do not suffer from Mattel's blunder.

Don't know how true this is but it was reported on another site that these are currently showing up at Walmarts, as they paid for their own air freight and customs to get them straight from China first. Sounds stange because Walmart doesn't do anything that makes sense but you never know. I'm sure target will have these sometime in Feb. when they can get rid of all those wave 2 red & blue supes!

That how they are possibly doing it then since nobody has anything anywheres else

I actually called CSC before they received the info from Mattel asking about the orders. Its crazy how Mattel is operating, so basically I should of had my figures by now but Matty made a huge blunder. Its so amazing. I like CSC, you can call and ask questions, they post the real deal about the figures and the companies they do business with. Mattel can print money but their management is so terrible they can't get almost anything right.

swapping with other online retailers sounds ridiculous and quite unbelievable, thanks for making me wait another 2 - 3 weeks............That's not right! CAT SNOT!!!

Went to 3 Walmarts last night and found nothing, one had 6 Riddlers taking up space. So far i have only found Mr Miracle, and last week I went to 5 Walmarts and only saw the Riddler at 2. For some reason we are suffering here in Philadelphia. I saw Dinobot and Smokescreen last night at the Walmarts and I found all the recent Joes at Target but DCUC have always been the hardest to find in Philadelphia, this is why I stopped going to the stores for my figs, I only started back up because of the WM and TRU exclusives....BLAH

Also someone on Ebay was selling a Orion and Lightray 2 pack with a Captain Atom in place of Lightray, well my friends I thought it was a hoax until I was in TRU and I saw it myself on the shelves, WTH is going on with Mattel and this nonsense, its the craziest thing!

ALSO AGAIN, how is it that people on Ebay are selling wave 7 figures, Kid Flash, Flash, Captain Cold, Big Barda, when most retail and online stores haven't even seen Wave 6?????? WHAT IS WRONG WITH MATTEL, they are crazier than crazy.

Has anyone who has found this wave seen any kind of an effort to restock it once the store was out? Every Walmart in my area pretty much seems to have put them out within a day or two of each other, sold out shortly thereafter, and has not restocked since. There could be a variety of reasons for this, but I was wondering if the same is true for everyone, or if there is re-ordering going on, and I just haven't seen it yet?

On a related note, and only someone who works at Walmart would probably know the answer, one of the stores I visited today had put small circle-shaped colored stickers on the ends of the pegs without any toys on them. I would assume this would be some kind of identifier to someone either placing an order or stocking the shelves. In the case of DCUC, there were no figures at all out and the stickers were orange, while other lines maybe had some stock, but still empty pegs, and their stickers were blue. I'm just hoping that the orange doesn't mean 'we sold out and no more's coming in, so fill with something else'.

Has anyone who has found this wave seen any kind of an effort to restock it once the store was out? Every Walmart in my area pretty much seems to have put them out within a day or two of each other, sold out shortly thereafter, and has not restocked since. There could be a variety of reasons for this, but I was wondering if the same is true for everyone, or if there is re-ordering going on, and I just haven't seen it yet?

According to my stores the initial purchase of wave 6 by Walmart fell short and some stores that were suppose to get a case didn't although most did. My stores have put in a re-order but according to their computers the item is on back order and it could be several weeks before they receive them since it is an "Assembly" item meaning it comes directly from Mattel. So I'm guessing that is it for wave 6 at Wal Mart and that what will end up happening is those re-orders since they all fall under the same code will be filled with the wave 7 assortment although I could be wrong.

According to my stores the initial purchase of wave 6 by Walmart fell short and some stores that were suppose to get a case didn't although most did. My stores have put in a re-order but according to their computers the item is on back order and it could be several weeks before they receive them since it is an "Assembly" item meaning it comes directly from Mattel. So I'm guessing that is it for wave 6 at Wal Mart and that what will end up happening is those re-orders since they all fall under the same code will be filled with the wave 7 assortment although I could be wrong.

That's darned disappointing. Guess it's an EvilBay Shazam for me.... /sigh

That's darned disappointing. Guess it's an EvilBay Shazam for me.... /sigh

Hold on. I might be able to get you one and will only charge cost plus shipping.

That's the one I'm looking for - Shazam. I've already got a Metallo with only one arm, due to the absence of Eradicator, but a Kalibak with one leg does NOT work for me. (not without a crutch, anyway, but there seems to also be a shortage of 1:12 medical equipment...)

If they're starting to show at Targets, then TrU can't be far behind, either, so that's good news. But I was so impressed with this outting from Walmart, I'd hate to think that was it, and that this is how they (or Mattel) are going to play it in the future. Guess I'll have to resort on patience in both cases (Eradicator and Shazam).

I'd still like to know about that color-coding thing, though. Maybe it's store-specific, but it could give some insight on how these guys work.