Which Rachel Dawes Do You prefer? Katie Holmes or Maggie Gyllenhaal?

Capt.S.G.Wiseman

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are the Godfather equivalent of all comic book movies. However even in older Batman movies, there is always a leading lady, and these two are no different. Katie Holmes gave us the girl next door in BB, but Katie bowed out of TDK due to having kids and sopping up tabloids with washed up Tom Cruise. Maggie Gyllenhaal took over the roll as Batman's true love, and in MY opinion did a better job in acting and presents.

The big question is this, which one of the two do you like better?

My opinion....I prefer Maggie Gyllenhaal. She has a better figure and she's a better actress. I really like the way she walks.(seriously, she has some grace in those hips #mrsauve#) I think her body is kickin and her face is cute as can be. Some people complain about her face, but look at Katie Holmes. :wacko: She is no Nicole Kidman. @haha@

Anyway, whatever you say I won't bash it. :D Everyone's taste are different. I'm just curious what you think. :)

Maybe Katie Holmes by a fraction but to tell you the truth I never cared for the Rachel Dawes character in either movie but it hurt the second film more since the emotional resonance the writers intended with her death and its fallout on Bruce and Harvey was missing because I had not attachment to her so I could care less if she was killed or not.

I agree, Maggie is the better actress, though I think Katie is cuter. I don't think Nicole Kidman is all that atractive.

jiM

kidman looks a hellava lot better than either of those bow wows!

Katie Holmes. Since the character Rachael Dawes was especially written for Katie Holmes. Gyllenhaal did a good job but it's still two actresses and two different performence. I don't feel like that's Rachael Dawes. Dawes was an original character in Nolan's Batman movie so the only reference is the first actress that played her and I don't get how people can say Gyllenhall did a better job. It's just that in general people hate Katie Holmes I guess so whoever actress replaces her is better :P.

All politics and other non vital points aside, Maggie for me, only because she's the stronger performance, but I do NOT discredit Holmes. I thought she was actually the best female counterpart character in a live batman movie yet. The supermodel bimbo in Batman 89? Terrible actress, in my not so humble opinion. Michelle Pheiffer doesn't count because she's catwoman, doesn't fit the "damsel" category. Kidman was a weak link as well, though an improvement, and whoever the chick was in B&R isn't even worth mentioning, really.

Maggie is not a dog, despite a lot of the fanboy gripes. I'll grant you she looked strangely old in the scene with Bruce on the roof, but that was bad lighting, seriously. She's pretty cute, and she has a great figure. Any dumb twerp that calls her a dog couldn't boast to have someone a fourth as cute as her, and I defy anyone to prove me wrong.

Sorry had to vent, I just find the shallowness surrounding Holmes and Maggie to be a whole lot of pathetic, though I'm sure it'll all be forgotten by the time the third batman movie comes around and yet ANOTHER new chick love interest is introduced. let's see who it is and who starts complaining then. :)

Maggie is not a dog, despite a lot of the fanboy gripes. I'll grant you she looked strangely old in the scene with Bruce on the roof, but that was bad lighting, seriously. She's pretty cute, and she has a great figure. Any dumb twerp that calls her a dog couldn't boast to have someone a fourth as cute as her, and I defy anyone to prove me wrong.

i didnt know that you smoked the pipe, because you must be high! if the best a guy can get, is a woman that looks like maggie....he better stick to figures. that woman's nose and cheecks are awful! add in the down syndrome eyes, and father time pulling at her face.... TOP OF THE LINE TRASH! im not saying that maggie wasnt a better rachel, but se damn sure "aint no looker"

untitled-5.jpgkatie-holmes-9.jpg

Not to sound too defensive, but Maggie was pregnant throughout the shoot. She was probably looking sickly from working long days and such. Making a movie isn't that easy, especially when you're pulling out the acting chops like she was in most of the scenes. So if she doesn't look too hot, that's probably just her dealing with her own circumstances while doing her job. I can't fault her for that.

And she was good in the role. Katie Holmes just doesn't seem like she's part of the same movie as everybody else was in Batman Begins, much less the same reality.

Not to sound too defensive, but Maggie was pregnant throughout the shoot. She was probably looking sickly from working long days and such. Making a movie isn't that easy, especially when you're pulling out the acting chops like she was in most of the scenes. So if she doesn't look too hot, that's probably just her dealing with her own circumstances while doing her job. I can't fault her for that.

And she was good in the role. Katie Holmes just doesn't seem like she's part of the same movie as everybody else was in Batman Begins, much less the same reality.

yeah....maggie was a better rachel, but she looses the looks race.

I would go for Maggie

I like the girl next door look

you must live next to the animal shelter.

So you are more interested in the face, rather than the base, ey pooda? @smilepunch@ I'm more for the sway of her hips more than the "Cover Girl" face, which Katie has NOT. <_<

Like I originally stated, to each his own. ;)

I would go for Maggie

So you are more interested in the face, rather than the base, ey pooda? I'm more for the sway of her hips more than the "Cover Girl" face, which Katie is NOT. <_<

dont get me twisted, ill take curves over face anyday for a quicky, but maggie is just plain ugly. i dont care for katie either, but she looks worlds better than maggie.

I would go for Maggie

So you are more interested in the face, rather than the base, ey pooda? I'm more for the sway of her hips more than the "Cover Girl" face, which Katie is NOT. <_<

dont get me twisted, ill take curves over face anyday for a quicky, but maggie is just plain ugly. i dont care for katie either, but she looks worlds better than maggie.

In the FACE, but come on. If you had a few drinks and was talking to either one of them, the face is not THAT important. Maggie is still a hollywood girl and would be a lot more fun and far more interesting. Katie would just bore you to tears about her BS Tom Cruise marriage and how Dawson's Creek should be a national holiday of some sorts.

Maybe that's my 34 year old age talkin, but I would rather dig my face in Maggie's fun bags than listen to one word from Katie.

Niether and I'm glad she's dead. Didn't likr the character and Batman doesn't need the distraction and now has yet another reason to be brooding.

I love a pissed mean Batman.