DCUC Problems Galore

Flying_Infant

man, sorry to hear bout your 2 pack orion. luckily the only problem i have with mine is his left foot not fitting snugly into the step of his harness. glad i never got the regular wave 1 version, this one looks so much better to me!

Things have gotten out of hand big time. I have never seen a line with this bad of quality control. I have had issues since wave 3. Small issues in wave 3, Nightwing had a snapped pin slot on his leg, wave 4 brought messy paints, a two left legged silver atom, with a nice buttock showing in the front. Still have the rest of wave 4 to open minus WW and I am scared. The 2 packs, the GL set and the Lightray set both had two figs with two left thighs. This is really, really bad.

Draven

Man, I had worse issues with toybiz legends. I think at least one fig a wave broke on me, if not more, and i wont even mention the crap fest that was the riders wave. Add in Build a Figs with missing pins, broken parts, wrong parts inserted. I cant beleive the crap I put up with from toybiz. I also had problems with sotas street fighter line, but sota is great and replaced all of the figs, so I cant complain on that. Toybiz never even offered cash back, just a sorry and return it to the store (a real pain when bought online). Why I still bought them all I dont know, I must be sick....lol.

These DCUC have been great for me, knock on wood but I have had very little problems so far. Aside from a crosseyed wonderwoman I returned and found another ive been lucky. I mean their not perfect but for a mass produced line ive been happy. It is a bummer so many are having problems, a company mattels size should be able to correct any issues.

Oh don't get me wrong., I know TB got bad..... however not this bad. If you read around the net the complaints dwarf even the TB ones. Its insane how many 2 packs I know of that were defective from one TRU alone, Starman who used to post here some told me. mattel needs to get a grip fast

Draven

here is the run down after opening all of wave 3 minus Nightwing, been through 2 already. Both Sinestro's had fused wrists, and a the variant a left leg. Grundy, all 3 legs fused at the thigh swivel. And one of the left legs had a right hip connector. Green Lantern had a fused right leg at the hip. Deathstroke fused left thigh. All were ok after boiling.

Wave 4 all opened but WW who i already opened. Cyborg, two fused hips and a wrist. Despero Cap Atom piece (one broke at the waist in the package, the other had snapped straps I had to glue. The left leg had a right hip connector. Silver Atom, the one I had that was not a two left legged gimp, had a fused right arm at the shoulder. Batman Beyond fused at the waist. Luckily no breaks after boiling.

Wave 5 all opened but Eradictor (not found yet). Black Lighting, both hips fused. Riddler had a fused left leg at the hip. Amazo, stuck waist, and left hip. All fixed by boiling.

Wave 2.5 Firestorm, right hip fused. Ok after boiling.

This is freaking riduclas!!! I never ever had to boil this many figs from any line in a short amount of time..........

Draven

here is the run down after opening all of wave 3 minus Nightwing, been through 2 already. Both Sinestro's had fused wrists, and a the variant a left leg. Grundy, all 3 legs fused at the thigh swivel. And one of the left legs had a right hip connector. Green Lantern had a fused right leg at the hip. Deathstroke fused left thigh. All were ok after boiling.

Wave 4 all opened but WW who i already opened. Cyborg, two fused hips and a wrist. Despero Cap Atom piece (one broke at the waist in the package, the other had snapped straps I had to glue. The left leg had a right hip connector. Silver Atom, the one I had that was not a two left legged gimp, had a fused right arm at the shoulder. Batman Beyond fused at the waist. Luckily no breaks after boiling.

Wave 5 all opened but Eradictor (not found yet). Black Lighting, both hips fused. Riddler had a fused left leg at the hip. Amazo, stuck waist, and left hip. All fixed by boiling.

Wave 2.5 Firestorm, right hip fused. Ok after boiling.

This is freaking riduclas!!! I never ever had to boil this many figs from any line in a short amount of time..........

Draven

Do you think these fusions might be paint issues? Like as in a result of not letting pieces fully dry before assembly? Seems to me if that is the case, and if they are rushing to get these things out to us, they might be able to easily fix that problem, though it would slow things down a little. Just a theory.

They give vouchers for what? The exact same figures? Cause I had that problem with Hasbro, figures would break, and they would offer to send a "replacement," with no guarantee that I'd get the exact figure that broke.

I'm not entirely sure, just seen people talking about it on other boards from time to time. I think its probably along the lines of a coupon you take to a store for a free figure....even if you couldnt find the same figures again, at least that would be some kind of compensation. Again, not really sure how it works, you'd havta tell your story to Mattel and see what they say.

If you call the 1800 number listed on the bottom of each DCUC figure package and tell them you have a messed up figure(s) they will send you a voucher of 12 bucks for each problem figure.

The voucher is only good for Mattel merchandise and can't be used for any online/mail order purchase--has to be redeemed at a brick and mortar store in person. I have received three so far. I initially called trying to get Mattel to send me an acceptable Aquaman and Orion two pack to replace the crappy ones I had that broke. I really wanted the figures rather than the voucher but that is all they would send. They said they had no product themselves.

Now if you call that number because your figure is messed up do they make you send them back the figure before they send out the Voucher?

They give vouchers for what? The exact same figures? Cause I had that problem with Hasbro, figures would break, and they would offer to send a "replacement," with no guarantee that I'd get the exact figure that broke.

I'm not entirely sure, just seen people talking about it on other boards from time to time. I think its probably along the lines of a coupon you take to a store for a free figure....even if you couldnt find the same figures again, at least that would be some kind of compensation. Again, not really sure how it works, you'd havta tell your story to Mattel and see what they say.

If you call the 1800 number listed on the bottom of each DCUC figure package and tell them you have a messed up figure(s) they will send you a voucher of 12 bucks for each problem figure.

The voucher is only good for Mattel merchandise and can't be used for any online/mail order purchase--has to be redeemed at a brick and mortar store in person. I have received three so far. I initially called trying to get Mattel to send me an acceptable Aquaman and Orion two pack to replace the crappy ones I had that broke. I really wanted the figures rather than the voucher but that is all they would send. They said they had no product themselves.

Now if you call that number because your figure is messed up do they make you send them back the figure before they send out the Voucher?

yes, i'd like some clarifications about that voucher business as well. sooner or later, i think i'm gonna end up with a bum figure.

Each time I offered to send the figure(s) back they told me it wasn't necessary. So I just chunked them in the trash.

But I would hope collectors wouldn't abuse this and just call in to receive vouchers otherwise it would ruin it for those of us that actually had legitimate crap figures.

Each time I offered to send the figure(s) back they told me it wasn't necessary. So I just chunked them in the trash.

But I would hope collectors wouldn't abuse this and just call in to receive vouchers otherwise it would ruin it for those of us that actually had legitimate crap figures.

oh man! i would have taken them off your hands, hehe! which figures did you throw away?

oh man! i would have taken them off your hands, hehe! which figures did you throw away?

An Aquaman with two left arms and hands with a big chunk of his orange tunic missing. An Orion from a two pack with a missing left hand that had broken off apparently at the factory and a Firestorm Jason with a face that was more orange than black. You wouldn't have wanted any of these.

An Aquaman with two left arms and hands with a big chunk of his orange tunic missing. An Orion from a two pack with a missing left hand that had broken off apparently at the factory and a Firestorm Jason with a face that was more orange than black. You wouldn't have wanted any of these.

yer probably right, but maybe one of the customizers on here might have put it to good use.

Well no sooner do I ask you guys about this procedure for the voucher that I get home with my buy of Blacklightning, Amazo, and Wonder Woman; that I notice that Blacklightning has two right arms and a stuck thigh plus when I go and connect both legs on to Metallo they just don't seem to want to stay in. Oh man Mattel first you screwed us with the MOTU line with re-paint after re-paint of the same figure until no one bought any and you had to cancel the line due to poor sales. Then the same problem with the Batman line you gave us six good figures such as Joker, Robin, Nightwing, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, and Zip line Batman, but unfortunetly you gave us 20 different Batman re-paints which in turn caused poor sales again and the line gets canceled. Then you gave us a glimmer of hope with the DC Superheroes line which catered toward Batman and Superman themed characters. Yes of course there were tons of re-painted Supermen figures but hey it was ok these were legit re-paints after all of different costumes he has worn. You made that line so successful that it evolved into the DC Universe Classics Collection which now catered toward the entire DC Universe pretty much. You've given us 3 excellent waves but then starting with your fourth wave you began sending us terrible distribution, terrible paint jobs, and double limbs! Mattel have you lost your damn mind!!?? :angry: Where is your quality control? Why are you having me begin to regret collecting your products again?

I just started a campaign on ThePoint.com - I think if we can all gather in one "location" we'll be harder to ignore.

http://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/dcuc-what-i-see

I suggest everyone join up there - we all need to be seen in one spot for our voices to be more effective.

This will allow us to be seen in our true numbers instead of as a bunch of disconnected forum posts and blog entries.

Spread the word!

I just started a campaign on ThePoint.com - I think if we can all gather in one "location" we'll be harder to ignore.

http://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/dcuc-what-i-see

I suggest everyone join up there - we all need to be seen in one spot for our voices to be more effective.

This will allow us to be seen in our true numbers instead of as a bunch of disconnected forum posts and blog entries.

Spread the word!

Definetly goin to head over there