DCUC Problems Galore

Flying_Infant

Ok, so for the holidays, I managed to snag all the 2 Packs, as well as the WM wave. I of course was forced to wait until today to open them, mind you. And behold my suprise when a leg broke off of 4 of the figures. I knew they were on that path, and I tried every "unstick" trick I've read of, and sure enough, I have a one-legged Amazo, Abin Sur, Black Lightning, and Orion. And I know its going to be next to impossible for me to find replacements at the store, and I'm almost certain Mattel won't give a flip and help me out.....*grumbles* ranting over....stupid "enter expletive here".

*facepalms*

*pulls out his hair*

*screams in disgust*

When I got my wave 5 a couple days ago, I had lots of stuck joints....was able to fix all but one (Atoms leg ripped off), but all you need is some patience, a bunch of luck, and a freezer. Hopefully you can find replacements without too much trouble....try contacting Mattel directly though, they do give out vouchers sometimes for replacement figures sometimes, so you might get lucky.

Yes it is really frustrating that such a fantastic line as DCUC(it drew me back into collecting a massive super hero line) has so many problems that undercut its strengths.

It would be one thing if stores' shelves had tons of these to look through to find the best painted and correctly assembled but to have such a hard to find toy line with two right hands, backwards torsos, sloppily painted eyes like on the Cyborg Superman figures, the ridiculously grey washing of Batgirl, sloppy lines on Black Lightning, overly tan faced Aquaman, poorly painted Batman emblems, stuck joints, backwards thighs on Orions, two legged Lightrays, missing emblems on Lightrays, splattered Green Lantern faces, big handed Robins, messy red line on gold Capt Atom, missing pieces/accessories, switched biceps on Firestorm etc etc etc is really pathetic.

And with such poor distribution you pretty much have to take what you can get or miss out on a particular figure(s). Even moreso with the really hard stuff like Wave 5.

They give vouchers for what? The exact same figures? Cause I had that problem with Hasbro, figures would break, and they would offer to send a "replacement," with no guarantee that I'd get the exact figure that broke.

I'm not entirely sure, just seen people talking about it on other boards from time to time. I think its probably along the lines of a coupon you take to a store for a free figure....even if you couldnt find the same figures again, at least that would be some kind of compensation. Again, not really sure how it works, you'd havta tell your story to Mattel and see what they say.

They give vouchers for what? The exact same figures? Cause I had that problem with Hasbro, figures would break, and they would offer to send a "replacement," with no guarantee that I'd get the exact figure that broke.

I'm not entirely sure, just seen people talking about it on other boards from time to time. I think its probably along the lines of a coupon you take to a store for a free figure....even if you couldnt find the same figures again, at least that would be some kind of compensation. Again, not really sure how it works, you'd havta tell your story to Mattel and see what they say.

If you call the 1800 number listed on the bottom of each DCUC figure package and tell them you have a messed up figure(s) they will send you a voucher of 12 bucks for each problem figure.

The voucher is only good for Mattel merchandise and can't be used for any online/mail order purchase--has to be redeemed at a brick and mortar store in person. I have received three so far. I initially called trying to get Mattel to send me an acceptable Aquaman and Orion two pack to replace the crappy ones I had that broke. I really wanted the figures rather than the voucher but that is all they would send. They said they had no product themselves.

Ha, 2 days ago I received a voucher for my Orion and Lightray 2 pack. My lightray has a fused hip joint and won't move. I tried the freezer trick and only one figure worked, my Batman Beyond broke at the hip. It seems the hip is where there is most problems. My Atom still has a stuck leg and it will remain that way, I can't afford any more broken pieces. Whoever Mattel's new manfacturer is, is the worst. These are the most blatant disreagard for quality whatsoever, the craziest this is that is is getting WORSE. Wave one had errors only for Red Tornado and Orion, wave 2 didn't really have any, wave 3 had a couple, wave 4 equalled wave 3 and now wave 5 and the 2 packs are riddled with errors.....its crazy

Silly update time!!!

Went back to WM today with the 2nd BL I bought (which broke), and the 1st BL that broke, and the Amazo that broke. Got a good replacement for Amazo. BL...well...I went back in 3 times....and the last BL they had on the pegs is now in my freezer....because all the others....broke.

*facepalms*

There's a Batman Beyond at my comic shop with a backwards backing card. The back of the card is on the inside.

how much are they asking for that? i'm not interested in it, just wondering how much their mark up was. there's this shop in the loop where i see DCUC figs for 16bucks and up, yikes!!

There are TONS of quality issues with this line. Bad paint, loose joints sometimes even broken figures. Worst I've gotten is a very loose ankle on Deathstroke. Some of my movie masters have loose joints as well. I have sure heard some horror stories though.

There are TONS of quality issues with this line. Bad paint, loose joints sometimes even broken figures. Worst I've gotten is a very loose ankle on Deathstroke. Some of my movie masters have loose joints as well. I have sure heard some horror stories though.

i thought my deathstroke's right bicep/shoulder joint was gonna snap cause it was stuck, it bothered me for a week, damn ocd! but i eventually did that hot water trick and fixed it.

Yeah, it's 16.99. Where in Chicago are you? What comic shop do you go to?

in the loop, on state st. yer joe's brother right?

Si, JoséRhyno es mi hermano. You should check out the Amazing Fantasy stores. We have 4 locations. www.myspace.com/afbookscomics

tell Joe i said hello! wish i could go to those af stores, no car, didn't bring it over from san francisco, good thing too, the traffic is awful in the loop.

Things have gotten out of hand big time. I have never seen a line with this bad of quality control. I have had issues since wave 3. Small issues in wave 3, Nightwing had a snapped pin slot on his leg, wave 4 brought messy paints, a two left legged silver atom, with a nice buttock showing in the front. Still have the rest of wave 4 to open minus WW and I am scared. The 2 packs, the GL set and the Lightray set both had two figs with two left thighs. This is really, really bad.

Draven

I got into this toy line with wave 3. I just happened to go to RTM and saw all these posts about something called DCUC. I looked into it further and learned about what it was. Went out that very day and my local Target just was putting out an untouched case and I grabbed them all.

I had read before going to Target about all the issues with wave three most noticeably the big fisted Robin but to my astonishment every one of the six were perfect and I mean perfect! So I just figured all the waves would be that easy. Ha Ha. Not! I've had problems with all the waves since then. If only I could find each wave the way I did wave 3--going in to Target, having all of the figures waiting for me, no paint problems or wrong parts, and being done with the bulk of a wave in a matter of minutes.

Things have gotten out of hand big time. I have never seen a line with this bad of quality control. I have had issues since wave 3. Small issues in wave 3, Nightwing had a snapped pin slot on his leg, wave 4 brought messy paints, a two left legged silver atom, with a nice buttock showing in the front. Still have the rest of wave 4 to open minus WW and I am scared. The 2 packs, the GL set and the Lightray set both had two figs with two left thighs. This is really, really bad.

Draven

Man, I had worse issues with toybiz legends. I think at least one fig a wave broke on me, if not more, and i wont even mention the crap fest that was the riders wave. Add in Build a Figs with missing pins, broken parts, wrong parts inserted. I cant beleive the crap I put up with from toybiz. I also had problems with sotas street fighter line, but sota is great and replaced all of the figs, so I cant complain on that. Toybiz never even offered cash back, just a sorry and return it to the store (a real pain when bought online). Why I still bought them all I dont know, I must be sick....lol.

These DCUC have been great for me, knock on wood but I have had very little problems so far. Aside from a crosseyed wonderwoman I returned and found another ive been lucky. I mean their not perfect but for a mass produced line ive been happy. It is a bummer so many are having problems, a company mattels size should be able to correct any issues.

I forgot to add i also saw a black manta. And the forarm at the elbow was clearly broken off the pin. But again a found another one at a different target. thank goodness.

From what i hear there closeing toy factories over seas because we aren't ordering as much as we were. Which sucks for them but I still belive they need to be made right here in the good ol u s a. or at least canada where the main company is.