Universe/Classics Inferno

Yeah.....inside my CAVE.....I'm tryin' to persuade my MIND.....I'm TRYIN' to be BRAVE.....I will NOT give DEATH the satisfaction of seein' me dyin' AFRAID!!! @firedevil@

Anyway, I was just wonderin' about this new, upcomin' Universe/Classics Inferno.....

Should I bother buyin' him or not?? :unsure:

He's a little too chunky and blocky for my taste but I just wanted to know what YOU guys thought.

Here's a link to help you decide: http://tformers.com/transformers_database/...ts_Voyager.html

Now please give me feedback on ol' Inferno. :) Thank you!!! :D

#US1#

I agree; I won't be getting him bc he's too blocky. He doesn't seem to be updated as much as he could have been.

What??!!??

Micheal Bay influence this decision?

I love this Inferno in all his G1 "blockiness"

I want this beauty of an homage to a G1 toy

I agree; I won't be getting him bc he's too blocky. He doesn't seem to be updated as much as he could have been.

What??!!??

Micheal Bay influence this decision?

I love this Inferno in all his G1 "blockiness"

I want this beauty of an homage to a G1 toy

LOL, just bc we disagree doesn't mean I'm some kind of bay-lover (the movie was good, however).

My point is, inferno here isn't updated enough. Take mirage; his g1 toy is, of course, a brick. His classics version actually looks like a spy; it's lithe and very articulated. Inferno here looks like a box w/ limbs.

My point is, inferno here isn't updated enough. Take mirage; his g1 toy is, of course, a brick. His classics version actually looks like a spy; it's lithe and very articulated. Inferno here looks like a box w/ limbs.

I'm curious what you think a "Search & Rescue" guy should look like.

No sarcasm at all, I'm wondering what pops into your head. Me, I'm of the thought that he SHOULD look bulky- this is the guy his heavily-armed comrades are counting on to go where they've managed to get themselves stuck and bring them back out alive. To a certain extent, he's a walking 'hazmat' suit, built to wade into extreme environments, not to mention the battlefield.

I do see some of what you're getting at. His design and transformation are practically the exact same as it was in G1. Then I look at things like the independently poseable legs, and I can't help but think that's okay. It's makes him a great example of what 25 years of improved engineering can do.

Magic 8 Ball, I do agree that he should be big and bulky, but I wish his chest wasn't just a cube. Does that make sense? To me, he looks too much like his g1 counterpart, unlike the classics figures I do like (optimus, mirage, megatron, etc.).

I guess that could be hard to pull off considering his chest is the front of the truck, and maybe since right now I'm all about the animated aesthetic that those for universe don't seem that interesting to me, but he just seems..bland, imo, and I've said the same thing about almost every new universe figure.

His "blockiness" is ok. What do you expect? He's limited, somewhat, by the alt mode. I like the fact that he's relatively G1 accurate. There are some that are not.

I think it would help if his legs were ACTUALLY attached to his waist, rather than the torso. It would serve to make his torso slimmer a little.

Also, I thought the Mickey Mouse Transformer was another mold. @firedevil@

I'd def get him if he weren't a $20+ figure. As is I love the way he looks in all his G1 goodness, but can't get past the $20 pricetag for him. Just seems like he really should have been a $10 figure.

I'll pass on him because like some have said before, he seems too boxy. But then again my tastes are off, because I did by the brown Vector Prime thinking the brown on him would be copper like it was advertised on the back... damn those impulse purchases!

• 1 month later...

My thinking exactly WJ! My LCS has them for a wopping $35 to which I said "HELL TO THE NO"! But my vote is sill a resounding YES!!! I will most deff get him & add him to my quickly growing Classic Univers Collection.

What I'm most happy about is that Hasbro (in one of there rare "sober minded" thinking moment), was wise enough to call him Inferno & NOT Optimus Prime like they did in the 6" Titanium line. Univers Classic is ment to pay homage to G1 so that why many of the TFs are so simmilar to their G1 counter part. Many times they have done the best they could to improve on any wierd designs or flaws G1 may have had like Iron Hide not having a head.

Why is it taking so long for it to come out?

I saw him at Target, here in Albuquerque. Supposedly, Wreck-Gar is out with him. I did't have the cash to get him though....

Wreck Gar comes in a box with the Atomic Lugnut repaint and there TFA I know becuase I have Wreck Gar

Inferno is Universe