New Classic/Universe Images...

Nguyen_Dragon

I think Hot Shot looks good, except for that wonky spoiler in car mode. I suppose that allows for better Powerlinx (right?) integration with Jolt. Overall, it's an upgrade from his overly-Playskool Armada incarnation.

Could he be any more photoshopped? He looks so metallic. I wish the final products looked like that.

Ratchet looks nice.

http://tformers.com/transformers-new-henke...10658/news.html

More Hotshot images... Still not seeing anything special...

Well, there's 20+ years of difference between many of the guys we're seeing. Even the BW guys have a dozen years between the original and now. That's a lot of room to show improvement and change. Not that they always do, I'm just saying that when it's there, it's usually obvious, if for no other reason than the time lapse alone.

Hot Shot doesn't have that privilege. He has six years to work with. Really, the only thing that CAN be done with him right now is to leave out the gimmick to improve the mechanics and articulation, and bring the detailing up to the level we've come to expect from Universe/Classics.

So far, I'm liking what I see, because it looks like they did all that. Even Jolt shows huge evidence of it (hey look, elbows!).

I can understand some of the griping and disinterest. Hasbro could almost be justified in just reissuing the original figure with little to no change... but the Universe line is meant to cover all of the eras of Transformers, and I'm okay with a little love being shown to the recent stuff like the Unicron Trilogy. IMO, putting all that work into a new mold shows a lot of effort is being put into everything.

On top of that, I don't have my Armada stuff anymore, and I actually liked the design of Hot Shot's toy quite a bit, save for his lack of shoulders and the lame gimmick. Now I can get the great design with good shoulders and no silly gimmick. For me, it's $10 I'm looking forward to spending. :)

http://tformers.com/transformers-new-henke...10658/news.html

More Hotshot images... Still not seeing anything special...

Well, there's 20+ years of difference between many of the guys we're seeing. Even the BW guys have a dozen years between the original and now. That's a lot of room to show improvement and change. Not that they always do, I'm just saying that when it's there, it's usually obvious, if for no other reason than the time lapse alone.

Hot Shot doesn't have that privilege. He has six years to work with. Really, the only thing that CAN be done with him right now is to leave out the gimmick to improve the mechanics and articulation, and bring the detailing up to the level we've come to expect from Universe/Classics.

So far, I'm liking what I see, because it looks like they did all that. Even Jolt shows huge evidence of it (hey look, elbows!).

I can understand some of the griping and disinterest. Hasbro could almost be justified in just reissuing the original figure with little to no change... but the Universe line is meant to cover all of the eras of Transformers, and I'm okay with a little love being shown to the recent stuff like the Unicron Trilogy. IMO, putting all that work into a new mold shows a lot of effort is being put into everything.

On top of that, I don't have my Armada stuff anymore, and I actually liked the design of Hot Shot's toy quite a bit, save for his lack of shoulders and the lame gimmick. Now I can get the great design with good shoulders and no silly gimmick. For me, it's $10 I'm looking forward to spending. :)

Its probably because I am biased against the character more than anything else... But I do like Jolt and is willing to buy this guy for him... Now where is updated Sparkplug?...

Bigger?

Thats news to me

Hell Kup has been around since 1986 there was no Hot Shot till 2000

If they can make a new version of Wheelie even though he is a legend size they can do Kup

Kids have a better chance of knowing who Hot Shot is than Kup. Hot Shot was/is popular. I don't really think Kup is that popular..

That being said, TFU Hot Shot looks 100x better than the original and it is sooo bought.

Well the new wave with cheetor/hound/cyclonus/starscream has finally made it to my area and it seems like cheetor is the lame duck in this wave, since that's all that's left at the various stores. I have a feeling hotshot is gonna be the lame duck of his wave. Seems like the folks buying them here are interested in the G1 redo's, leaving the others for peg clutter. Happened with acidstorm, now cheetor, and I'm betting hotshot.

As for an updated Kup, heck yeah. I'd take that over cheetor, hotshot, and any redo of any newer character anyday.

Bigger?

Thats news to me

Hell Kup has been around since 1986 there was no Hot Shot till 2000

If they can make a new version of Wheelie even though he is a legend size they can do Kup

Kids have a better chance of knowing who Hot Shot is than Kup. Hot Shot was/is popular. I don't really think Kup is that popular..

That being said, TFU Hot Shot looks 100x better than the original and it is sooo bought.

Still its the 25 anniversary maybe more older bots should get updates then figures that came out during this decade

Kupp calls for an update Hot Shot didn't

I would buy a new Kup. The original is not one of my favorites and they could definitely improve him like they did Ironhide.

I would hope they do a better job than that.

I mean, yeah, Ironhide is fine G1 update, but not up to the usual standards.

I am thinking they were just trying to do something different... But most of us are just fine with the usual...