M.A.S.S. Device

theLegacy

I've been waitng a long time for the third-fifth pieces. did that whole thing get scrapped?

No, they were all released. I don't think the distribution was very good on them though. I got the 3rd and 4th set from bbts.com, but I'm still waiting for a chance for the 5th set...everything is sold out online for it.

I know over on JoeBattlelines.com there were some members who posted up completed sets....I'd have to dig around, but I could probably find pics buried in the threads somewhere....

I'm still waiting for 3-5 to drop in my area.....tho' I'll most likely pick up another M.A.S.S. base set to place my Weather Dominator on when I actually get the rest of the pieces....

Any pics folks? I haven't seen it completed yet.

anyone got pics of their complete MASS devices and Weather Dominators?

Just 'cause I like having an excuse to bust out ye ole dio set. :)

The completed MASS Device, Cobra's ready to invade Joe HQ:

SA400292-2.jpg

The Weather Dominator by itself:

SA400303.jpg

In case someone didn't know, the Weather Dominator can be mounted on top of the base of the MASS Device, it has peg holes for it and everything. IMO it looks way better like this:

SA400310.jpg

Another neat tidbit is the Weather Dominator is designed to be broken up into 3 pieces (well, 4 if you count the controls) just like in the Revenge of Cobra Mini-series:

SA400316.jpg

I squealed like a little girl when I figured that out! :D

Another neat tidbit is the Weather Dominator is designed to be broken up into 3 pieces (well, 4 if you count the controls) just like in the Revenge of Cobra Mini-series:

I could be wrong here... but didn't it say something about that on the box? It's not really a surprise if you're just being unobservant, now is it? ;)

Or were you just shocked that something in the box sets was actually as advertised?

*grumbles about weapons in the photos being different from those in the set... "colors and contents may vary" indeed!*

Looks good...now you only need a second one for the Joes!

And another one for the Weather Dominator to sit on..... <_<

I could be wrong here... but didn't it say something about that on the box? It's not really a surprise if you're just being unobservant, now is it? ;)

Or were you just shocked that something in the box sets was actually as advertised?

*grumbles about weapons in the photos being different from those in the set... "colors and contents may vary" indeed!*

It very well could have, I don't remember. I'm pretty sure I figured it out for myself without noticing anything on the package.

from left to right, the elements should be: red, blue, yellow

Watch out! Your MASS is gonna explode! :o;)

I thought someone would call me on that! I wasn't sure, and the wife wouldn't let me pop in the DVD to check.

Having the elements swicthed wound up transporting the troops back to the shelf instead of Joe HQ. ^_^

The 3-5 sets are one per case, along with #2 in a case of four. There really isn't a shortpack, but more of a smaller number of cases ordered after the first wave stagnated. It really is a shame because the last 3 are soooo much better than the initial 2. The Vac-Metallized CC is the best CC ever. Absolutely iconic. They're out there at retail, I found mine at WM. I've seen 2 or 3 full sets since. Good Luck.

I have been holding off buying any of these due to lack of cash, but I plan on buying them this weekend. Well, 1-2 or 3, really. I guess I will have to wait and hope that the others come in.

the elements go in Red (Radioactive crystals), Blue (heavy water) and Yellow (Meteorite fragments)

Thanks! I see you posted that up before too.

I missed it because I was just looking at the pictures and noticed they had the elements in different places and I was just skimming the words.

Thanks again! #US1#