My Indiana Jones Customs

Jackknight92

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sick? heh. How so? Thanks guys.

I've been trying to keep the recipes simple and cheap for these.

Pic1

Professor Indy: KOTCS Indy head w/ Henry Jones body.

Walter Donovan: Chancellor Valorum head w/ Vogel body.

Fedora: Hand Solo head on KOTCS Indy body.

Pic2

Nepal Marion: Marion head w/ Elsa torso & LC Indy legs. Used a piece of hi whip for her ponytail and vinyl from a DCD Super-Lois forthe tie

German Indy: Han Solo head on a tan German Solider body. Finding a 2-pack would've made my life easier.

Belloq: Belloq head & legs with a LC Indy torso & hat.

Pic3

Satipo: Some Rebel Pilot head; possibly Wedge; on a KOTCS Cemetary Warrior body w/ Indy jacket.

Marcus Brody: GI Joe 25th Blowtorch head w/ Henry Jones body.

Col. Dietrich: 21st century toys head on Vogel body w/ German Soldier hat.

Pic4

Chattar Lal: Phantom Menace guy w/ eyepatch head on Henry Jones body.

Possessed Indy: Han Solo head w/ Evolutions Darth Maul torso & Indy legs.

Thuggee Priest: Cairo Thug turban/legs w/ Ugha Warrior torso, Evolutions Darth Maul head & Cairo Monkey head for the skull.

Thanks again.

I love em, they do look like qyick and easy LBC

What does LBC mean? At any rate quick and easy was one of the things I was going for with these guys. I usually make DCD figures which usually require a good bit of sculpting; so one of the things I wanted with this line was to try to make them with as little sculpting as possible. So they're all basically part swaps and repaints. It also makes them more durable than some of my other stuff; which I like. :-)

And I agree it annoys me that they couldn't give us some more stuff; especially considering they own all the molds I've been using with the exception of the 21st century head. I blame the Hasbro team working on them though; they appeared very unimaginative on the whole and didn't seem very into the line they were making.

Thanks guys.

Ah. I suppose they would fit the bill then. They took me about an hour or two for each trio from start to finish. Though I really don't see how Indy figures in this scale could take any longer unless you use parts that're vastly different from what you're trying to achieve. The only character I could see being a pain to produce is the Maharajah. But really it takes longer to find the correct parts than finish stuff like this. Though honestly I don't think anyone who does more than a simple headswap could be lazy by definition.

Yeah I did look at him; but that robot arm killed it. The cut joint isn't that bad in person. And because the torso didn't fit the legs I ended up having to glue him together at the waist. So he's basically got that annoying 25th ann GI Joe articulation going on. heh. But thanks bud. I appreciate it.

I have a Toht from the original line I bought to go with the Theme Park figures a while back (which didn't work so well. heh.) So I've been using him in my display and am quite happy with him. There's still 24 other characters I'm planning to do. Though finding heads for the Willie Scotts I want is probably going to be rough. :-/

Yeah. I'm thinking of finding a figure with a sculpted top and then going soft goods for the lower half of the dress on that one. There should be a Princess Leia that fits the bill somewhere. I have the parts except for the head for Willie in Indy's Club Obi-Wan outfit which I may just use an Elsa head with sculpted hair on for now.

Also know of any bare-legged female figures? I have the top half of the parts for Elsa in the Venice outfit; but still those heels are a pain. Would even settle for flats. hmm. Maybe a sanded down Slave Leia would work.

Got inspired to make this today after seeing the Exulted Unicorn's wip of the character and realized I had most of the parts lying around. Picked up the Belloq head when I went to pick of my check and voila; Peru Belloq. Hadn't planned on doing him; but now I'm glad I did. :-)

belloq2.jpg

He was made using a Belloq head & left hand, KOTCS Indy torso & upper arms, Ugha Warrior lower arms; and Admiral Ozzel's legs.