Anyone do crossovers?

Devilbat

The movie Wolverine figure thread got me thinking: Anyone here still do toy crossovers with G.I. Joe? I had a friend growing up that had ever toyline you could think of, and he'd have these massive crossover battles with his G.I. Joes in his basement. I didn't play that way as a kid personally (I was weird...) (lol), but I thought it was fun and kinda cool to do that kind of thing. My friend went wild with it though; he crossed-over with everything from Transformers to Super Powers. He didn't care what the scale differences were.

Well, as you may know, I've recently gotten back into G.I. Joe, and as I walked through a Toys R Us recently, I saw a movie Hulk figure and was reminded of a fairly recent thread where someone had done a Hulk/G.I. Joe crossover. I just thought that was alot of fun and made perfect sense; just like in the films, the Hulk would be taking on this para-military team, and awesome battles would ensue. Heck, he'd probably take on G.I. Joe AND Cobra. (lol) And it's kinda ironic because I have never been a big Hulk fan whatsoever. I grew up with the show, and I flirted a few times with reading a few comics (The Peter David story about Maestro has been a favorite of mine, and I've recently considered reading the "Planet Hulk"/"Skaar: Son of Hulk" stuff; it looks wildy entertaining. I even enjoyed the first Ang Lee Hulk film. (Hmm...maybe I'm a bigger Hulk fan than I thought...) (lol)

Anyway, in general I've never been real crazy about the Hulk as a character, but I loved the idea of crossing-over the Hulk and G.I. Joe. It's just a good fit. Heck, I even found myself seriously contemplating getting a Hulk figure earlier tonight at Wal-Mart. Now I don't play with my Joes (when I have any) (lol), but I'm really tempted to get a Hulk figure to...er, pose with my Joes. (lol) I don't remember what one of our members here did as far as their scenario went; didn't he have Lifeline in the role of Bruce/David Banner? I was thinking maybe in my scenario the Bruce/David Banner character could be some poor sap of a "volunteer" Cobra Viper or someone that they allow to be captured by the Joes on purpose just so they can "activate" his condition somehow once he's in custody and deep inside HQ, kinda like a "Sleeper-Cell Hulk" if you will. The Hulk figure I was considering comes with the I-beam and even has blue pants on, like a Cobra Soldier's uniform. Man...I wish I would have thought of this as a kid...and had access to a Hulk figure back then. (I would have had to use a Mego Hulk back then though I guess...) (lol) That would have been loads of fun...

All of this just made me wonder what kind of crossovers any of you all may have of have done in the past. I'd be alot of fun to see what you guys may have come up with over the years or are even doing now.

I like the idea of Hasbro making Marvel heroes in the 3 3/4" scale. G.I.Joe started out as a Marvel Comic and really shared a lot of themes with that Universe from the realism and complex villains of the comic to even the the fantastical elements of the cartoon (where radiation poisoning isn't always fatal!). Though they never got to mingle in the '80s, I'd love to toss some of the less powerful Marvel characters-- like Captain America, Winter Soldier, Punisher, Nick Fury, and the Hand-- in with Hawk, Duke, and Snake-Eyes. It would be like a great family reunion! Thor and Doc Strange would be a little 'out there', however, even by Cobra La standards...

I'm actually happier keeping my DC characters in the 6" scale though-- perfect to interact with DC Comics alum He-Man (DC introduced Prince Adam as well as Teela's relationship with the Sorceress) and the new Masters of the Universe Classics!

I will also most likely pick up the Marvel Universe Spider-Man because of all the great memories I have of my Secret Wars Spidey. Since Mr. Parker is not impervious to bullets and has a problem with authority, I think he and the Joes will be keeping their distance. I only like cross-overs if they make some sense to me.

I also keep my eyes open for new releases of Jakks WWE Build 'N Brawl figures with the hope that they'll slip in some classic wrestlers such as a certain bullet-headed Marine drill sergeant...

When I was a kid all my toys were crossed over with each other. My friends and I would pick teams of figures and go on missions and stuff. Gi Joe, Transformers, MASK, Battle Beasts, McDonald Happy Meal Toys, it was all good as far as I was concerned. Then in my twenties I would only display toys in their respective universes. Now early in my thirties I find myself crossing over once again. I've got Transformers, GI Joe, Air Raiders and Cops N Crooks figures all displayed together.

I think it depends on the mentality of the collector? Some folks are ultra serious about their collections, tagged, bagged, displayed, dated, priced and definitely SEPERATED! Others probably think more along the lines of a kid still and how much fun these figures would have been if we had them when we DID still "play" with them, and the whole crossover thing is totally apllicable, same with makers of dios and such...which is an excuse for "playing" with them. @smilepunch@

I have YET to indulge myself in the dio making thing, but I buy all sorts of stuff to accesorize my Joes in the event I ever DO!

I love the idea of cross-overs, but they were not really possible until recently because there were just not enough different in-scale toys lines to work with GIJOE.

I have a second version GIJOE HQ that I want to carefully repaint and detail for this coming year, and once done I plan on displaying all my 3 3/4"--4" figures on/around it. So COBRA might conscript the power of the HULK, Marvel Fury File villains, Microman Acroyears against GIJOE, Marvel Fury File heroes, and Microman Batman and Superman in a epic battle display.

Assuming I can find the room to do such a display....