A thread to reminisce in!!

Lady Jaye

Ok, this thread I posted in another forum a while back, but since the holidays are here, and a lot of us are reminiscing about the good ole days, so why not start it up here!!

Where did you get your stuff at?? What and where!! For example, I remember getting Optimus Prime for my birthday at Sears. My mom put it on lay a way, but of course got it out early cause I couldn't wait!! I remember getting Skeletor and Teela at Joskes in the mall, only to find He Man at Winns clear across town, all in the same day!!

So where and when, and what were your best hauls as a kid???

Ok, this thread I posted in another forum a while back, but since the holidays are here, and a lot of us are reminiscing about the good ole days, so why not start it up here!!

Where did you get your stuff at?? What and where!! For example, I remember getting Optimus Prime for my birthday at Sears. My mom put it on lay a way, but of course got it out early cause I couldn't wait!! I remember getting Skeletor and Teela at Joskes in the mall, only to find He Man at Winns clear across town, all in the same day!!

So where and when, and what were your best hauls as a kid???

the 80's, king norman's kingdom of toys, all the constructicons.

I love threads like this...........Child World, TRU.....(When TRU had aisles full of figures) and Kay-Bee. I remember as a kid going to TRU was an EXPERIENCE. I miss those days. This was also when Kay-Bee Toys was a reliable store to get stuff.

Wal-Mart and Target kind of have destroyed the above stores though. I really wonder how TRU stays afloat sometimes.

Toys Plus(almost all of my MOTU figures), Toys by Roy(got a MOTU Stratos there), Toys R US, TG&Y(grabbed two SP Wonder Woman), Wools worth(found Kalibak there), Albertsons(found my first Super Powers there of Green Lantern, Batman, Robin), Sears catalog is where I got the elusive SP Cyborg/Mr Freeze/Tyr, Kb Toys I found the She-Ra figures that came out right after the He-Man She ra film. I also got the bulk of MASK vehicles at KB toys

Saving up allowance and mowing extra lawns for trips to Kmart, Rich's(the artists currently known as Target), KB, and Lionel Playworld for Superpowers, Secret Wars, Joes, Star Wars, Transformers, Thundercats, and He-Man. Christmas time was always the Sears Big Book and JC Penny Christmas catalog. Sears was always the best catalog because they had all of the exclusives.

My mom bought me Optimus Prime from Hills and stored it away for my birthday. My first Ninja Turtles were from TRU as my aunt used to take me shopping on Saturdays.

My first Toy Biz Marvel figures came from Child World. That was a cool place. It looked like a big castle.

Wow, Superpowers has always been my favorite line and I remember vividly getting figures:

My first superpowers figure the Flash from Kmart

Superman, Batman, Robin, Martian Manhunter JC Penny when they had department stores -- Wonder Woman, another Superman

Everything else came Kiddie City, I NEVER went to a TRU, I was raised on Kiddie City baby!!! Turn that frown, upside down

Optimus Prime

Lion O

Wow, so many to recall

Wow, Superpowers has always been my favorite line and I remember vividly getting figures:

My first superpowers figure the Flash from Kmart

Superman, Batman, Robin, Martian Manhunter JC Penny when they had department stores -- Wonder Woman, another Superman

Everything else came Kiddie City, I NEVER went to a TRU, I was raised on Kiddie City baby!!! Turn that frown, upside down

Optimus Prime

Lion O

Wow, so many to recall

Amen brother! Kiddie City was THE place I got all my toys. We had one right near my house and another in King of Prussia (near Valley Forge, PA) and I can remember seeing aisles and aisles of Joes, Masters, and TFs. My parents got my Flagg there and countless other toys. I remember my last time there before it closed and it was a sad, sad day. My the memories of that place always turn my frown upside down.

I got Megos and Legos at Kiddie City! I got alot of He-Man and Transformers at the Best Stores. I bought a complete set of Wave Three Super Powers at K-Mart for $1.58 a piece! I got most of my Secret Wars figures at Boscovs. I worked four years at Toys R Us, so I got alot there in the early 90's.

Mainly used to get toys at the pre-Walmart stores like Caldor, Bradlees, Ames, etc. Occasionally the family would go to a mall or someplace more populated and we'd come across a Child World, TrU or KB. At that age, it was more a matter of where the parents were going on errands than now, where I can go wherever.

A store.

Really man, that's the best you can come up with?? Why bother?

Anyhow, great replies guys, keep em coming!!

I got one, the very first action figure(s) I ever got!! It was at Highland Mall in Austin, and this mall had the store Toy Box, which was eventurally taken over/bought by KB. So I was 4, and I remember getting Princess Leia and Greedo!! I think that I thought I was slick because I got Leia so my mom would think it was a girl's toy!! Of course it all went down hill from there, but those were the first of hundreds of toys to come!!!

One of my best hauls as a kid, was definitely this one summer! My mom had gotten off work and took me to Target, there at one time I got Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and 2 other Joes, I just don't remember which ones!! All I know is I was ecstatic and could not wait to get home to brag about my haul!!!

Best X-Mas gift as a kid, was the Mobile Command Center!! Oh mah god, the jaws just dropped on all the neighborhood kids when they came over in the morning!! I had it already opened, we're hispanic, and we open our gifts at night!!! So it was all ready put together when they got there in the morning!!

Biggest jealous moment was when my neighbor got the Devastator gift set!!! Very nice set!!

A store.

Really man, that's the best you can come up with?? Why bother?

Anyhow, great replies guys, keep em coming!!

I got one, the very first action figure(s) I ever got!! It was at Highland Mall in Austin, and this mall had the store Toy Box, which was eventurally taken over/bought by KB. So I was 4, and I remember getting Princess Leia and Greedo!! I think that I thought I was slick because I got Leia so my mom would think it was a girl's toy!! Of course it all went down hill from there, but those were the first of hundreds of toys to come!!!

One of my best hauls as a kid, was definitely this one summer! My mom had gotten off work and took me to Target, there at one time I got Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and 2 other Joes, I just don't remember which ones!! All I know is I was ecstatic and could not wait to get home to brag about my haul!!!

Best X-Mas gift as a kid, was the Mobile Command Center!! Oh mah god, the jaws just dropped on all the neighborhood kids when they came over in the morning!! I had it already opened, we're hispanic, and we open our gifts at night!!! So it was all ready put together when they got there in the morning!!

Biggest jealous moment was when my neighbor got the Devastator gift set!!! Very nice set!!

wow, devastator came as a gift set? cool, that made it an easy hunt. i had to track down each one, heheh! i've still got mine in a transformers collector case collecting dust in my parent's basement.

Lets see:I bought Action Masters Transformers at the local department store in Germany and I bought some European released only Castle Legos at a small hobby store down the road. I picked-up some M.A.S.K. figure two-packs in Paris.

Usually Ames, Caldor or Bradlees. Theose old department stores before Wal-Mart, Target and K-Mart came in. When we went to TRU it was a special trip and was always the best experience as a little kid.

Must be from the same neck o' the woods. And I totally agree about the special trips to TrU and Child World - it was like Mecca as a kid - the source of all joy!

Usually Ames, Caldor or Bradlees. Theose old department stores before Wal-Mart, Target and K-Mart came in. When we went to TRU it was a special trip and was always the best experience as a little kid.

Must be from the same neck o' the woods. And I totally agree about the special trips to TrU and Child World - it was like Mecca as a kid - the source of all joy!

Yeah i grew up in Western MA, those were all over the place back then.

Zayre's, Bradlee's, Children's Palace, KB Toys, Rose's, and a whole host of other stores that don't exist anymore.

I grew up in Virginia Beach.

There was a division of KB Toys that actually had a large toystore downtown (it was across from a Burger King). The building was shaped like a castle.

I remember getting a lot of GI Joes there, and some Ninja Turtles as well.

the building is still there, I hear it's an art supply store now.

I mowed a bunch of lawns on my vacation one summer so I could buy all the combiner Transformers at the local K-Mart...you know: Aerialbots, stunticons, combaticons, and the protectobots...I was proud that I recieved no funds from dear old mom and dad!