Combat Heroes Not Moving......

RobbieDigital

I was just wondering what you guys think about the Combat Heroes burning the pegs? I don't know about around you guys but these things NEVER move around me. It seems like they aren't even touched..........its a shame too. I want everyone from Waves 2 and 3.......but I really have no need for anyone in the 1st wave.

Wave 1 is pretty weak IMO.......Very plain looking characters for the most part. Duke is cool and all but he's pretty plain looking.......the more cooler looking characters look better in this style IMO. Crimson Guard, Destro, BBQ, Snake-Eyes.......even the Scarlett looks cool.

I was just wondering what you guys think about the Combat Heroes burning the pegs? I don't know about around you guys but these things NEVER move around me. It seems like they aren't even touched..........its a shame too. I want everyone from Waves 2 and 3.......but I really have no need for anyone in the 1st wave.

Wave 1 is pretty weak IMO.......Very plain looking characters for the most part. Duke is cool and all but he's pretty plain looking.......the more cooler looking characters look better in this style IMO. Crimson Guard, Destro, BBQ, Snake-Eyes.......even the Scarlett looks cool.

I have yet to see these guys at retail, but, I'm not looking for them either so I may have passed right by them.

My WM has them on the side of an endcap at the back end of the bike aisle. It's this absurdly out-of-the-way little area that's like three aisles removed from the action figures. I only know they're there because I was looking for a board game for my nephew, turned the corner too fast, and literally bumped into them. Had it not been for my clumsiness, I would have walked right by and never seen them at all.

Needless to say, I don't think they're doing too well around my area.

they aren't selling anywhere that I have seen.

And for good reason too, these things are super crappy!

I don't understand how the Starwars Galactic Heroes can be so cool, and the Marvel Super Hero Squad and Joe Combat Heroes are so terrible.

I won't pick up any of them, ever

I don't understand how the Starwars Galactic Heroes can be so cool, and the Marvel Super Hero Squad and Joe Combat Heroes are so terrible.

im with you they suck and are a wast of space

As much as I dislike Combat Heroes, I have to report that in the Clarksville, TN area, they are down to maybe five pack on the three slots they reserved for them in the TRU. I've seen around at Walmarts and Targets that someone is indeed buying them, but it sure as heck aint me.

And I also saw one of the most creative repack figures - an AVAC head on a Wraith body. I hate to say it, but it looks awesome and I wanted to buy it. It says something when you want to buy a rip-off repack figure over a Combat Hero.

Tom

I know I'm in the minority here, but those are my favorite product out there right now. I've always liked the cheesy, fun side merchandise though. I do understand that they aren't to everyone's taste though.

Something to look out for, the Wave 1 figures have a packaging variation, some come with an insert (usually at Wal-Mart), some don't (everywhere else). You can see under the characters feet if the insert is included or not. I've found 4 different inserts so far, I suspect there are 8 in all, if anyone has any of the ones I don't have, I'm definitely looking to buy or trade for them. They've got a product catalog on one side, and on the other they have a little Goofus and Gallant style lesson...

lesson4.jpg

lesson3.jpg

lesson2.jpg

lesson1.jpg

I never got the idea of the line, probably because I'm too old for the 'kidifying' of product, but the same holds true for what I have seen also. And it doesn't only apply to G I Joe, but to the whole idea in general. Stores around me have plenty of T'formers, Marvel, Joe, and the rest of the kid-friendly product on the pegs. I dare say there are not enough kids out there to require the supply?

I've always liked picking up Joe related items like Lunchboxes, Party Favors, ColorForms, etc. (I even got a couple Sigma Six figures, just cause its Joe related) That's why I'm kinda interested in these..........I'll probably get a couple Muggs too.....just because they are something different. I have a random GI Joe merchandise shelf that these will look good on.

I went to 3 Targets, and 2 Walmart's today........all of them had Combat Heroes falling off the pegs....Wave 1. One of the Targets had no Modern Figures and had Combat Heroes on the pegs as filler.

All the stores by me have them right next to the single carded and comic pack figures.......

I like them, but I don't know if I'll buy any simply bc they're overpriced: $7, or $3.50 per figure, is more than I'm willing to pay. Same goes for the tf robot heroes.

I CAN'T get into another toy line. I have no room. That's why I haven't bought any.

And lets face it. The only reason this line exists (not to mention mighty mugs, and those cube shaped figures) is because they're trying to get MORE milage out of figures that have already been done to DEATH in their main toy lines. Personally, I can live without all of them.

I think part of the reason the Star Wars ones are "cool" relative to the others is because they they also have playsets and things in addition. That Rancor set looks like a lot of fun to be honest. Also, I think they have a bigger budget.

I never got the idea of the line, probably because I'm too old for the 'kidifying' of product, but the same holds true for what I have seen also. And it doesn't only apply to G I Joe, but to the whole idea in general. Stores around me have plenty of T'formers, Marvel, Joe, and the rest of the kid-friendly product on the pegs. I dare say there are not enough kids out there to require the supply?

I gotta agree with the above. It almost seems counter productive to sell multiple versions of the same product. Especially what amounts to goofy looking little statues. G.I. Joe is NOT that strong a seller, at least not relative to Transformers and Star Wars.

When the retailers started charging $7 for the SW and TF Heroes, I stopped buying them. I picked up the SE w/ Timber set from SDCC, and it didn't wow me, so I saw no reason to start on the Joe line, even though it'll be tough to pass up that Serpentor from wave 2. Though considering these are DOA everywhere, I doubt wave 2 will hit retail.

I think part of the reason the Star Wars ones are "cool" relative to the others is because they they also have playsets and things in addition. That Rancor set looks like a lot of fun to be honest. Also, I think they have a bigger budget.

I think the StarWars ones are the coolest because they all have that classic pose.

While I don't personally agree with every Hasbro property being kiddie-ized, I wouldn't go so far as to say these are peg warmers quite yet. I mean, they only came out a few weeks ago so who can tell whether or not they're gonna be sitting on the shelves. Time will tell.

I think they are warming the pegs more than the other lines simply because GI Joe has a stronger ratio of adult to child collectors at this point.

Yes, Star Wars has a lot more fans as well, but it is recent enough to still have a lot of kids interested.

I think if a new cartoon, or even re-runs of the classic were around, we would see these sell better...

I was one that thought I'd get 'em all, but after seeing them in person I only want a few and they're in the later waves. It is unfortunate they aren't moving, they probably should have held them until the movie is released.

I think they are warming the pegs more than the other lines simply because GI Joe has a stronger ratio of adult to child collectors at this point.

Yes, Star Wars has a lot more fans as well, but it is recent enough to still have a lot of kids interested.

I think if a new cartoon, or even re-runs of the classic were around, we would see these sell better...

I doubt that a kid who is into Star Wars or GI Joe would prefer to pick up a Combat Hero/Galaxtic Hero figure over the standard 3 and 3/4 figure. Remember when WE were the kids? didn't we love the figures for their articulation and realism? The combat hero's are better suited for collectors who need to get one of everything, and grandparents buying them for kids who will think they look cute.... or for toddlers and those to young to get full enjoyment out of posable figures.