Which figures saw the most play when you were young?

yojoebro82

Who were your go to Joes as a kid? Mine, actually, were never any of the heavy hitters. Instead I went for guys like :

Spearhead

Psych-Out

Fast Draw

Windmill

Law and Order

and Salvo was the leader because I didn't have a Hawk and Duke until later on. It was OK though, because my Salvo was tough as nails anyway :)

One vehicle that saw a lot of action was the Battle Wagon (too bad I got rid of it). LOTS of Cobras got crushed in its rolling wheels.

clutch, airborn and gung ho saw most of the action when i was a kid as for cobras hooded cobra commander and his sidekick (a robeast from the voltron line) and hiss driver

as for vehicles the vamp and hiss tank

TM

Flash was in on most missions. He was one of my only original 13 with thumbs. Other then that

Recondo

Alpine

Leatherneck

Dialtone

Airborn

Cobra always saw whatever troops (my mom didn't understand the whole army building thing so I had one of each troop) I could muster led by Major Bludd.

Vehicle wise I loved the Whale and Cobra Wolf

For vehicles/playsets, my Snowcat and Tactical Battle Platform saw a lot of use.

For figures, I don't think any one figure really got more play than another. Usually which ever Joe was my newest got the most use.

Salvo was renamed "Mr Tough" and was always the hard nosed knuckle fighting leader of the group. Laser-Viper was my poor kid's imitation version of Snake Eyes, and Blocker was a superhero from another planet who could turn invisible. (he looked so unimpressive that we had to do something to make everyone want to play him).

Figures:

Alpine

Torpedo

Wetsuit

Baroness

Hooded Cobra Commander

EEL

Mutt

Vehicles:

Mauler

Bridge layer

Killer Whale

Moray

I grew up in coastal South Carolina, so I had lots of fun at the beach, swamps, woods, etc with all these figures and vehicles. I'm actually surprised my Mauler didn't crap out with all the mud puddles I drove it though.

For me it was always Duke V.3, Snake Eyes V.4, Mutt V.3, and Wet Suit V.3 for Joes along with the Crimson Guard Commander, Alley Viper V.2, Baroness V.2, and Firefly for Cobras. The vehicles I went with were the Battle Wagon and Mudbuster.

Joes:

Snake Eyes v1 & v2

Torpedo

Duke

Scarlett

Cobra:

Destro

Hooded Cobra Commander

Zartan

Firefly

Storm Shadow v1

For vehicles/playsets, my Snowcat and Tactical Battle Platform saw a lot of use.

For figures, I don't think any one figure really got more play than another. Usually which ever Joe was my newest got the most use.

hey, me too!

The snowcat was probably my most used vehicle, even after I broke off the missle rack.

And whatever new figures I got instantly became the stars of the team too.

when I was really young, I mostly used:

Gung Ho, Snowjob, Tripwire, Roadblock, Mutt n Junkyard, Scrap Iron, Stormy, Airtight, Alpine, Barbecue, DUSTY, Quick Kick, (somebody stole my first Snake Eyes v2)

.. But when I got serious into my collecting (i.e. organizing and attempting to keep them, and loving them @lol@ ) I used:

DUSTY, Airtight, Sci Fi, Lowlight, Wet Suit, Crazylegs, Falcon, Tunnelrat, Hit n Run, Muskrat, pathfinder, Lightfoot, Repeater, Shockwave, SpearHead, Tigerforce guys, Backblast, Downtown, Rock n Roll v2!, Bullhorn, Ambush, Freefall, Salvo, etc.

I never paid too much attention to my Cobras, they were just there to get killed.

my most used vehicles: Snowcat, Warthog, Desert Fox, Mudfighter, Locust, Rolling Thunder, Devilfish, Stun, Persuader, Wolf, Swampsmasher,

Muskrat, Pathfinder, Mean Dog, Arctic Blast, Raider, Hammer, Hammerhead, Hurricane, Mobile Battle Bunker, Pirahna, Rage, Badger, etc.

man, I had a lot of Joes...

All of 'em, any figure that I could get my hands on. Even Eco-Warriors. I did tend towards more land battles than sea or air, but that was because I didn't have much for vehicles. My collection also scewed towards the post '87 crew since I started collecting G.I. Joe pretty late. I loved the cartoon, but I tended to get MOTU and Transformers instead for awhile there.

I know that Dusty and Bazooka were my two favorite characters and figures as a kid. My brother and I each had our own Flint figures, so he was a pretty consistent mainstay.

I know I was super excited when Duke v3 came out because I had never had the original Duke figure. Plus, that Duke was desert themed (kind of) and so he fit in with Dusty well.

In terms of Cobras I know my hooded Cobra Commander, Zartan, Serpentor, and IG Destro saw a lot of face time.

As a kid, besides Dial Tone, I loved characters that had removable helmets. Maverick, Charbroil, Blowtorch, Astro-Viper, Laser Viper, Secto Viper...whoever had a removable mask was good in my book. And my most used mode of transportation was the Cobra BUGG cause it could hold so many Joe's.

Joes were: Salvo, Shockwave, Bullhorn, Spearhead, Snake Eyes, and Captain Gridiron.

Cobra: was Gnawgahyde, Metalhead, Storm Shadow, Laser Viper, H.E.A.T. Viper, and S.A.W. Viper.

Vehicles were: Warthog, Mean Dog and Hammerhead.

my most used vehicles: Snowcat, Warthog, Desert Fox, Mudfighter, Locust, Rolling Thunder, Devilfish, Stun, Persuader, Wolf, Swampsmasher,

I forgot about the Warthog!

I remember I got it for Christmas one year, and that became my mainstay vehicle for awhile. I used to pack the back of it full of Joe's, with SM Mutt and SM Spirit in the front along with Slaughter, and take it on Cobra butt-kicking missions. @lol@

As some others have said, 'ALL OF THEM!!'

Seriously, whenever a new Joe/Cobra 'joined' they got right into the thick of it and stayed active.....until there got to be soooo many that they started getting sent on 'missions'....where they'd be gone for whatever time we didn't need them....then they'd re-appear and get right back into it!!

I forgot about the Warthog!

I remember I got it for Christmas one year, and that became my mainstay vehicle for awhile. I used to pack the back of it full of Joe's, with SM Mutt and SM Spirit in the front along with Slaughter, and take it on Cobra butt-kicking missions. @lol@

Oohh...the WARTHOG!! I forgot!! I LOVED that thing!! And I loved the Sgt. Slaughter figure that came with it. *sigh* I wish I had kept the RAHC version I had a few years back. I didn't even open it...

Joes :

Breaker (my first one)

Shipwreck (I remember having major wars where there would be only one survivor , & it was usually him & Polly)

Flint

Torpedo

Wild Bill

Cobras :

Major Bludd

Tomax/Xamot

Buzzer

Firefly

Vehicle/Playsets :

Dragonfly Copter

Joe Headquarters