How the Superman movie masters should be

Superpowers1980

These would need to be in scale with the DCUC, not the stupid 5inch size of Batman

Superman I (set of 5)

Superman

Lois (outfit from the helicopter scene)

Lex Luthor - with removeable hair and krptonite chain

Young Clark - the train scene

Miss Teschmacher (however it is spelled)

BAF - shuttle with baby

Otis/Jimmy 2 pack - Mattycollector

Wave 2 (set of 5)

Jor El

Clark

Lara

Clark to Superman

Lex with the gray striped wig

Superman II

Superman

General Zod

Ursa

Non

Perry White

Superman III

Superman - beefier

Bubba

Pryor

cute chick

(BAF the computer)

Wave 2

Bad Superman

Robot chick

Bad Superman vs Clark 2 pack

Superman IV

Superman

Nuclear Man

Lex Luthor

Lenny

Prototype Nuclear Man

Superman and Lacy 2 pack Mattycollector

any other suggestions?

I'd say you've just about got everything covered. I mainly just want a Christopher Reeve Superman, but I also like your idea for a Lex Luthor with removable wig. General Zod is a must-have, too, and just for kicks because I liked the movie when I was little, Nuclear Man.

Personally, I'd stick a little closer to the vest and stay away (mostly) from the later sequels - granted, it'd be limiting the range of figures you'd get out of the franchise, but given how badly the Superman movies went south in so short a time, IMO it'd be for the best just to stick with the more faithful or resonant elements (like the Donner Cut of SII, if only for Brando's sake) and gloss over the rest. In fact, what I'd suggested previously, with some afterthought, was this:

- Superman [torso]

- Jor-El (white robe, w/black 'Trial' variant) [left arm]

- 'Oval Office' Lex Luthor w/removable hair (yeah, I know that really came from SII, but then both movies were filmed at the same time) [right arm]

- General Zod [left leg]

- Ursa [right leg]

Build-A-Figure - Non.

Exclusive multi-packs -

- "You Are Here For A Reason" Jonathan and Young Clark

- "Swell" Clark and Lois

- "And Don't Call Me Sugar!" Perry and Jimmy

- "The Son Becomes The Father" Jor-El and Lara w/baby Kal-El

- "The Father Becomes The Son" Holographic Jor-El [semi-translucent] and Bloodied Clark)

- "That's Buster's Dog Food!" Clark and Lana

Other possibilities -

- Otis with a voice chip to recite such classic dialogue as "COMING, MISTAH LUTHOAW!". :D

- The Pimp, also with a voice chip to utter the Single Greatest Line in the original film: "Say, Jim! WHOOO! That's a bad out-FIT!!!" :P

- Supergirl (Helen Slater)

- Bibbo (Jack Larson, from "Superman Returns", even though he's twice as old as the comics' version)

- Kryptonian Sentinel (the helmeted Stormtrooperesque guy who appears in the S:TM Director's Cut and the opening of Lester's II - you could pretend he's Brainiac or Kelex or whoever)

First off NO EXCLUSIVES NONE NODDA!!!!!!

I think the line should span all the movies I don't give a good googly moogly how bad the other movies did back then. It would be kool to see a removeable wig but we all know mattel and they won't do something like that. They can get more money with variants

Superman 1

superman

clark kent

lex with hair/ variant with out hair

otis

lois lane any outfit

2 pack/3 pack

john and martha kent w/ young kal el

jor el and kara w/ baby kal el

lex and otis in prsion garb (black and white strips)

teenage clark w/ a few cars of a train ( running along side it)

lois w/ chopper

superman 2

zod

non

ursa

new suit clark kent/variant open shirt clark

superman w/ kryptnointe neck chaine

2packs/3 packs

jimmy olsin, perry white, lois lane ( box looks like perrys office)

lex, otus, mis tessmocker w/hot air baloon

superman 3

superman/ variant bad superman

clark w/ smallville high sweater around his neck

prior wearing members only jacket outfit w/ variant in sellsmen suit or military outfit with box of kryptoniht

the bad guy (can't think of his name)

his sister

and the other chick subject to a 3 pack i'll list

2packs/3packs

bad guy sister as machine and the other chick maybe with some of the machine or box looks like machine

lana lang timmy and dog

superman bad superman clark kent

superman 4

lex

nephew lenny

nuclear man

battle damnaged superman w/ green crystal

2pack/3pack

superman vs nuclearman in space w/ american flag

lex and nephew w/car

superman returns

superman

clark kent

lois w/variant lois and son

lex

lex's chick

2pack/3pack

lex in white coat, w/hinch men ( really want to see kal penn)

superman and son

jimmy w/ daily planet ball

playsets

yacht

kryptnoite island

plane

news chopper

and one special box

superman flying in space like at the end of all the movies

I'm sure I left something out but thats what comes to mind at the monent

I'd break it down like this:

Wave 1:

Superman

Jor-El w/baby Kal-El

Lex Luthor

Lois Lane

Wave 2:

Zod

Non

Ursa

Clark Kent

Wave 3:

Superman (Routh)

Black suit Superman variant

Nuclear Man

It really doesn't matter to me which figures go to wich wave, let's just make this line a reality!

I want more than just Reeve figures tho.

there HAS To be a Routh Superman and Spacey Luthor.

I can so do without the fiasco known as Superman Returns, personally I hated the film with a passion! I think Routh and Spacey were horrible cast choices. I would prefer a classics Kirk Alyn or George Reeve before another Routh and Spacey set of figures.

I can so do without the fiasco known as Superman Returns, personally I hated the film with a passion! I think Routh and Spacey were horrible cast choices. I would prefer a classics Kirk Alyn or George Reeve before another Routh and Spacey set of figures.

Come on man routh wasn't that bad and spacey is awsome I though he was what luther should have been more sinester and not so funny. Don't get me wrong i love hackman but spacey didn't do that bad

What killed the returns movie was the story bring in a son for superman and just a lack luster story but routh was ok I saw glimmers of reeves in his preformance.

I forgot about george reevs I love to see him as well.maybe a 3 pack of george and chris and routh or maybe a history of sups box set

George, chris, dean, routh, welling

grow up.

what you're saying is "I don't want YOU to be happy, but I want the things that make ME happy."

seriously, could you be any more childish?

i can only see them making c.r. superman, lex luthor with removable wig, lois lane, and probably zod cause none of the movies really have anything great to make into a toy that would sell. lex was the villan in all the movies and then you had zod and his buddies but other than that its just eh the superman movies always had lex vs superman not darkseid or brainiac instead they had a stupid solar guy very weak.

i can only see them making c.r. superman, lex luthor with removable wig, lois lane, and probably zod cause none of the movies really have anything great to make into a toy that would sell. lex was the villan in all the movies and then you had zod and his buddies but other than that its just eh the superman movies always had lex vs superman not darkseid or brainiac instead they had a stupid solar guy very weak.

The bold isn't entirely accurate - he was absent from "Superman III", although Robert Vaughn's character borrows heavily from Luthor, complete with an outlandish market-cornering plan (in Wester's case, oil rather than land). He also does sport at least a trace of Post-Crisis Corporate Lex, though not half as shrewd.

But I understand what you're saying, which is why I specifically suggested sticking for the most part to the first two movies, with a few exceptions - an overpowered Atari designed on table napkins by a misplaced stand-up comic does not a Brainiac make, nor a sandy-blonde surfer-dude with an old-man voice a Bizarro. (Even Ilya Salkind knew this - he wanted Brainiac proper in III, and when he couldn't get that he tried to get Brainiac into "Supergirl" - WB shot him down there, too. In an odd way, I think it's rather fitting that all those attempts to bring Brainiac in that they threw heaps of money at in the '90s fizzled badly).

Which reminds me - if we do get a figure from IV, I'd actually prefer it be the FIRST Nuclear Man from the film's deleted scenes, and call it (with reference to Jon Cryer's line) Freako the Bizarre Super-Clone (they could even give him a variant with a backwards-S shirt underneath his jacket - not in the movie, but you see where I'm going with this). I'd rather see that come to pass than a Nuclear Man figure. Heck, I'd even take a figure of Brad Wilson (teenage football jerk OR half-drunken adult jerk) before Nuclear Man.

I think you're all vastly overestimating the possibilities here. Mattel's not going to make a full assortment/line for movies that haven't been on screens in decades. We'll be lucky if we get one Christopher Reeve Superman figure, and maybe a Routh Superman Returns figure. I'd find it highly unlikely that they'll do a full "Superman" Movie Masters line without a media tie-in.

I was going to call for a Welling figure too but was afraid I'd be heckled for Smallville not being "movie" enough for a Movie Masters line.

The DCD Welling is really cool, but it's 7 inches :(

I'd like to see him, too, but I believe I remember reading that DC Direct has the license for Smallville figures and they're the only ones who can make them (for now).

I think you're all vastly overestimating the possibilities here. Mattel's not going to make a full assortment/line for movies that haven't been on screens in decades. We'll be lucky if we get one Christopher Reeve Superman figure, and maybe a Routh Superman Returns figure. I'd find it highly unlikely that they'll do a full "Superman" Movie Masters line without a media tie-in.

You maybe right on this. But the thread is how it should be not what it will be right? We the fans are just expressing what we would love to see on the pegs. Will it happen probly not but its great to dream and get out what we have thought about for years.

Yeah, but a fanboy can dream, can't he?

Well, no one said you'd have to buy them or as Frankenfurter put it, "I didn't make him for YOU!

Come on man routh wasn't that bad and spacey is awsome I though he was what luther should have been more sinester and not so funny. Don't get me wrong i love hackman but spacey didn't do that bad

What killed the returns movie was the story bring in a son for superman and just a lack luster story but routh was ok I saw glimmers of reeves in his preformance.

I forgot about george reevs I love to see him as well.maybe a 3 pack of george and chris and routh or maybe a history of sups box set

The box set idea is great without Routh of course, come on dude is was so inept as Superman, he didn't have any strength of character or substance, the movie was overall horrible including the entire cast, except Jimmy

I was going to call for a Welling figure too but was afraid I'd be heckled for Smallville not being "movie" enough for a Movie Masters line.

The DCD Welling is really cool, but it's 7 inches :(

I'd like to see him, too, but I believe I remember reading that DC Direct has the license for Smallville figures and they're the only ones who can make them (for now).

Fair enough. Now they need to take a look at number two in my sig :)

The box set idea is great without Routh of course, come on dude is was so inept as Superman, he didn't have any strength of character or substance, the movie was overall horrible including the entire cast, except Jimmy

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this issue while I do agree the movie over all wasn't that great. I enjoyed rouths and spaceys acting over all. The sustanance was there it was just a bad story.