KB Toys files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection & To Close Stores

JayC

All of the KB's near me attracted decent customers. I am sad to see them go, they always provided a nice alternative than TRU, Walmart, and Target. KB was great for getting in wrestlers, i got most of my classics from KB and not the other stores and they were better stocked with DCUC wave 4 than TRU, Walmart, and Target combined. its a real shame,

everybody take the time to thank the Republicans who created foax terror in order to rape America through the gise of safety and protection. To everyone who allowed themselves to be fooled, this is your fault too, the economy sucks now...THANKS A MILLION

I went into another KB Toys today and...well, the selection wasn't that bad but it's easy to see why they were going out of business. The selection was okay--a LOT of DCUC Series 3, natch!--but a lot of the stuff was just pure junk. If they focused more on one area and less on being TRU, they might find a reasonable part of the market to exploit. Being a mall-based store really puts a damper on being a real competitor, especially when most of your store is too hard to move around in because everything is really jammed in there.

All of the KB's near me attracted decent customers. I am sad to see them go, they always provided a nice alternative than TRU, Walmart, and Target. KB was great for getting in wrestlers, i got most of my classics from KB and not the other stores and they were better stocked with DCUC wave 4 than TRU, Walmart, and Target combined. its a real shame,

everybody take the time to thank the Republicans who created foax terror in order to rape America through the gise of safety and protection. To everyone who allowed themselves to be fooled, this is your fault too, the economy sucks now...THANKS A MILLION

And what exactly did those who weren't "fooled" do to stop it? Apparently not enough, I'd say, given the state of things (just blaming or calling out others doesn't count as doing something). And politicians are crooks, not just Republicans or just Democrats. None of them care because they'll all continue to get theirs no matter where this country ends up. It's just as naive/stupid to be fooled by the Democrats and their talk of change as it is to be fooled by the Republicans and the war on terror.

To get back on topic, KB is a victim of Walmart and the internet the same as everyone else is. KB charged more for everything, and they had nothing more than Walmart or Target, so it made no sense to consumers to pay higher prices when they could get what they wanted for cheaper elsewhere. And the internet made availability a moot point because that used to be what toy stores had over everyone else: items you couldn't find elsewhere.

Just curious: has anybody found any of the Series 4 exclusives since KB announced their bankruptcy? If anybody with a kind heart could help out that would rock. :)

I've only found them once. I overheard a clerk saying they're getting a shipment monday so next week I shall be hunting again.

its funny kb has to go out of business for them to get decent prices on anything they are bankrupt because they always charge more than any other store does. the only thing i have found kb good for is finding old toys that aren't in tru or walmart anymore i have found toys that have been off the shelf for a year. its about time they go out of business though they closed stores years ago and that just delayed this. if anyone is to blame its kb cause they always charge crazy prices for stuff you could find at target or any other store.

Just curious: has anybody found any of the Series 4 exclusives since KB announced their bankruptcy? If anybody with a kind heart could help out that would rock. :)

I've only found them once. I overheard a clerk saying they're getting a shipment monday so next week I shall be hunting again.

Cool! I wish you luck. :) Throw me a line if you get anything. :)

Actually, this has been coming for a while now. Over the past few years, they have been closing one store after another on CT, pretty much cutting down dramatically on the territory they were able to cover. I think they only have locations in the lower half of the state now, and they are pretty much consolidated to the most populaced (?) quadrant of that area.

Oddly, two months ago, when I lost my job, I saw they were looking for a store manager at the closest locaton to me. I applied, and haven't heard anything back - I kind of thought this was coming, so I didn't really have any high hopes. It's kind of sad, really, as they were always the main consistent toy store presence in any mall you went to. Now we only have the 'fly-by-night' temp stores who tend to have their own pricing strategies.

Truly a pity - they are now going the way of Child World and the like.

I miss Child World

That were I got most of my G1's

There was one in Westport that now TRU

Norwalk had a KB

My problem with KB was it was allways expensive and the one that was closest to me shut down last xmas and never had any Transformers in stock

Truly a pity - they are now going the way of Child World and the like.

I miss Child World

That were I got most of my G1's

I miss Toys Plus and Toys by Roy. I got the bulk of my childhood toys there. Sears was aso pretty good. I found some of my Super Powers at Woolsworth and TG&Y.

The news is really bad, especially since they were the ones that help me me find the Mortal Kombat figs I needed, adn they just in cases of at least 2 waves of the DCUC . Sad days for us all.

Even worse for the workers. I pray for their families in this holiday season.

well said i agree i hate it for them