DC Universe Classic Atom Variant

psagem10

OK call me weird but I am generally not a fan of the variant figures and this is the second time I have gotten the variant when I wanted just the regular figure. I opened my case of wave 4 just now and got the gold variant of Captain Atom... ahhhhhhh. When wave 2 came out I got the variant Aquaman instead of the classic version, which made me mad. If anybody out there has a sealed regular captain atom who would like the variant let me know.... would love to trade.

Funny you mention that. I can not find any Cap other than the gold version (I'm not going to call him a variant anymore, seeing as how prevalant he is). I have been finding this wave like one figure at a time to begin with, and so far, I have faound more gold Atoms than the rest of the wave combined. How odd is that? And yet, I have seen no Artemises (?) whatsoever. I'm almost to the point where I will buy a goldie just to complete the BAF, even though I have no esthetic regard for that version.

Seems to me that the Silver Cap Atom is the variant...good to know that I have a guy who is holding a silver Atom for me!

It was the same thing with aquaman the modern was the vairant but finding the short hair was harder Damn sometimes I hate mattel. Playing with our emotions

I bought 5 cases of Wave 4 and each had the silver captain atom. I was pissed I said at least one could of had the gold. As far as retail is concerned I have seen the silver at TRU and Kaybee more so than the gold version. I did snag 2 gold versions but the silver is the one that is really showing on the pegs in Philly, and only k&b had the gold variant.

Funny you mention that. I can not find any Cap other than the gold version (I'm not going to call him a variant anymore, seeing as how prevalant he is). I have been finding this wave like one figure at a time to begin with, and so far, I have faound more gold Atoms than the rest of the wave combined. How odd is that? And yet, I have seen no Artemises (?) whatsoever. I'm almost to the point where I will buy a goldie just to complete the BAF, even though I have no esthetic regard for that version.

I've actually found a couple of Artemis figures but haven't seen a gold Captain Atom yet.

I've actually found a couple of Artemis figures but haven't seen a gold Captain Atom yet.

If you find more Artemis, keep me in mind since l would love to get one; I haven't seen any wave 4 and 5 at the stores yet

I found a silver Capt. Atom today, as well as the rest of Wave 4 at a local Target (that usually has nothing). Looks like they got 2 cases. There were 4 Batman Beyonds, a couple Cyborgs, 1 Wonder Woman and a couple Ares, as well as 1 Capt. Atom. I snatched up the Atom and a Batman Beyond, since they are the only ones I needed. I really wanted to get the Wonder Woman for trade or to sell (not scalp) but I was low on the cash flow as it was. I might stop tomorrow to get it, if it's still there. All 4 BBs had paint chipping on the Bat-symbol on his chest. I got the one with the least. It doesn't matter because all I want is the BAF part. I'll sell him loose on ebay.

BTW, I scored an Aquaman on Ebay for 24 bucks. It was 17 bucks BIN with 7 bucks shipping. I couldn't believe it and couldn't pass it up. All I need now is a Firestorm Jason. I've also seen all the 2-packs at TRU.

Re: My spare Captain Atom:

I'd like to get something I don't have out of it.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable though, there's a LOT I don't have. You can even go as far back as the DCSH line.

but let me make it easy for you:

Lobo

Bizarro

Doomsday

Lex Luthor

Man Bat

Mr. Freeze

Supergirl (Blue or White)

Two Face

Jason Firestorm

Artemis

Amazo