Arcee? Did I miss something?

Magic 8 Ball

I was browsing the Hasbro Q&A and I saw this:

3.) Most characters in the TF universe are male, but there were a few fem-bots in the 1980s cartoon as well. Will we be seeing any of them in the universe toy line?

HASBRO-For 2009, there are currently no "female" bots planned. However, we do have Arcee in the Animated line and you never know what could appear in Movie 2!

They do? Since when? I know nothing of this, and would like to correct that!

I've heard about Red Alert, but I've heard nothing of Arcee since her cameo in S1. It's possible that there's a typo at work here "Alert/Arcee", but I'm hoping for an Animated Arcee. Given the rounded Animated style and the darn-near G1 exact duplicate design, she'd probably fit right into my Universe collection with little to no modification, leaving me excited on two separate and distinct levels. I was hoping that they'd just cast the canceled Titanium figure in all-plastic and call it a day, but hey, this will work nicely too!

It doesn't seem that this has been noticed/discussed yet, which either has to do with it being new news, or old news... I figured I'd bring it up and find out which one.

TFWiki notes that "At BotCon 2008's Hasbro slideshow presentation, an altmode was shown for Arcee, and hints were given that a toy is being developed." Sounds like maybe this is tentative confirmation!

Any pics out there of the altmode?

EDIT: Hmm... seems there are no pics, and it's been a rumor for a while. I think this IS in fact confirmation. Awesome!

Oh please they havr othe female looking bots

Try animated Black Arachnia

Movie Arcee

and Beast Machines Balck Arachnia

I think the difficult part is having her transform into her alt mode... Its much easier to have curves when the alt mode is a spider... As for Movie Arcee the only thing female about her is being pink... I rather they take their time and get it right... I been waiting 20 plus years for an Arcee... I can wait a little longer...

Movie Arcee

You forgot Cybertron Thunderblast/Chromia & Energon Arcee

But Yeah, I get your point.

It would be nice if we could get an Elita-1 for the animated line, too. Especially since they were kind enough to show her in a flashback before she became Blackarachnia. Even though it'll probably just be a repaint of the Arcee mold.

Movie Arcee

I think the difficult part is having her transform into her alt mode... Its much easier to have curves when the alt mode is a spider... As for Movie Arcee the only thing female about her is being pink... I rather they take their time and get it right... I been waiting 20 plus years for an Arcee... I can wait a little longer...

Sounds like your waiting for a Masterpeice version instead of a Deluxe version

Movie Arcee

Sounds like your waiting for a Masterpeice version instead of a Deluxe version

Thats not a bad idea... :P

Movie Arcee

Well, the original question is asking about Universe, which is what, 90% G1 themed? I don't think that the questioner intended to say there weren't any other female 'bots, but rather to inquire specifically about the G1 fembots.

Movie Arcee

Well, the original question is asking about Universe, which is what, 90% G1 themed? I don't think that the questioner intended to say there weren't any other female 'bots, but rather to inquire specifically about the G1 fembots.

Don't do that..

Last I heard was the confirmation that you posted and that they wanted to make sure to get her "right".....

I was responding to that

• 2 weeks later...

I think some of you are not understanding what they are saying, they are saying that

HASBRO-For 2009

There will be no female bots..

They were not saying that there are no fem bots at all.

And I (along with many others) would love an accurate G1 Arcee.

I think some of you are not understanding what they are saying, they are saying that

HASBRO-For 2009

There will be no female bots in the Universe line.

Fixed an element of clarity there, as the next sentence makes it pretty clear that the 'no' only refers to that.

Not that you actually were mistaken, but someone who's skimming might not realize what's going on.

HASBRO-For 2009

There will be no female bots in the Universe line.

Fixed an element of clarity there, as the next sentence makes it pretty clear that the 'no' only refers to that.

Not that you actually were mistaken, but someone who's skimming might not realize what's going on.

True, I was kind of replying to this

Movie Arcee

Evidentally it was passed or missed that it was mentioned "for 2009".

but I see that you handled it above.

So plz ignore this post..

True, I was kind of replying to this

Movie Arcee

Evidentally it was passed or missed that it was mentioned "for 2009".

but I see that you handled it above.

Well, not really. The intonation is that we see few female bots because somehow it's more difficult to get them 'right'. WJ's post is, to my understanding, meant to point out that the females are rarely 'wrong', and that after doing a certain amount of them, it really shouldn't be an issue. While that assumes to a certain degree that most/all of the same people are involved on the fem-bots, it's still a pretty valid point.

I think the females that have been put out have been allright ..not great

I don't know how accurate you really can get them especially when they were invented for the screen and not a realistic toy

I wish our first Arcee ever would of been an Alternator but they made her into and Energon motorcycle with mittens as hands

Years ago a model that transformered into her was made

Why couldn't Hasbro had used that design and make it so she isn't a model car?

I think the females that have been put out have been allright ..not great

I don't know how accurate you really can get them especially when they were invented for the screen and not a realistic toy

I wish our first Arcee ever would of been an Alternator but they made her into and Energon motorcycle with mittens as hands

Years ago a model that transformered into her was made

Why couldn't Hasbro had used that design and make it so she isn't a model car?

I am assuming you are talking about Titanium Arcee... It sucks that they canceled her and Shockwave... I still dont know why...

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/titanium-...201/arcee-1551/

I am assuming you are talking about Titanium Arcee... It sucks that they canceled her and Shockwave... I still dont know why...

I'm still trying to figure out why they can't take some of those designs and cast them completely in plastic for the Universe line. Sure, they're probably a little simplistic, but they're deluxe-sized versions of popular characters that were already made into functional prototypes... it seems like a no-brainer.