Uh... wave 12?

GPM in ICT

what happened to wave 12? I haven't seen any reports of it being sighted (unless I missed them which could be the case) but I got Blowtorch and the Resolute figures today and then when I looked at the back of the card I saw the wave 12 figures and realized I hadn't seen them at all. Is this gonna be one of those hard to find wave since Hasbro has just been throwing everything at us the last couple weeks or are these jsut slowly trickling out? Just thought I'd ask.

what happened to wave 12? I haven't seen any reports of it being sighted (unless I missed them which could be the case) but I got Blowtorch and the Resolute figures today and then when I looked at the back of the card I saw the wave 12 figures and realized I hadn't seen them at all. Is this gonna be one of those hard to find wave since Hasbro has just been throwing everything at us the last couple weeks or are these jsut slowly trickling out? Just thought I'd ask.

If you have a comic shop that sells joe figures, you might check there, mine got a ton of em last week.

I haven't seen them either... but I don't really care for this wave.

I'll grab the Tripwire to keep MOC, a Python CG or two..

but I am skipping the Cobra Trooper, Cobra Diver, Ninja Viper, and ultra-blue Ripper

If you have a comic shop that sells joe figures, you might check there, mine got a ton of em last week.

My LCBS also has them. It's the only place I've seen them.

As noted elsewhere, it's possible that Wave 10-13 have been shipped so rapidly that retailers can't quite keep up. Particularly with revision cases clogging the pegs at most retailers. Action figures don't necessarily fall into the "first in, first out" category at most retailers, so cases of Wave 11 and 12 could be languishing at distribution centers while wave 13 is getting shipped out just because it's the first thing people grab to ship out...or because restock orders were coming in right as wave 13 was hitting the distribution centers.

So yeah, we'll probably see Waves 11 and 12 in reasonable numbers...but it might not even be until after Christmas.

Right - I just today found Pilot Scarlett and Matt Tracker from wave 11. I passed on COBRA Flint and Zartan (with the sad excuse of a swamp skier). And they were intermingled with figs from wave 10, which have not previously been stocked before, meaning this store (Target) put up a case of both at the same time. Just thought that was odd. But at least they are getting over the plethora of that wave 9(?) filler wave finally! Those things have been clogging the pegs here for quite some time now.

Okay first off, Ares6009 this is not directed at you in anyway, shape, or form so please do not take this as such. Even if this wasn't the point you were trying to make. This was just the straw that broke the camel's back man. Please do not be offended.

Having said that. Please help me figure this out:

All over the net on other Joe boards I see b%^chin' and whining about how the new Zartan sucks becasue of his tiny swap skier.....

So F&*^ING what!?!

IMO The new Zartan is pretty damned near perfect. There has never been a more acurate version of his original figure released yet.

Don't believe me? Look for yourself: http://www.yojoe.com/action/84/zartan.shtml. Go ahead find one. They list every Zartan in 3-3/4 scale ever done photos and all. Version 12 is close but the colours still aren't there.

He's a single pack figure! That came complete with:

-Webgear

-Pistol

-Knife

-Duke Mask

-Storm Shadow Mask

-Backpack

-And the freaking swap skier!

The Bazooka Trooper came with:

-Webgear

-Knife

-Handgun

-RPG

-That's it

There is not one penny difference between the two in price. What do you want A full size skier? It would come packaged with a RAM cycle and yet another Duke or Snake Eyes!

I dont understand what the problem is, I really don't. Someone please explain it to me.

Some guys collect MOC, I get that. They don't like how it looks on the card? Fine. If the damned thing came full sized it wouldn't be on card at all. It be a vehicle packaged with a figure wouldn't it? Should he have been packaged without the skier? Would that make everyone happy? Is there some huge flaw with the figure I'm not seeing? Why can't we see the skier as a neat little bonus?

I am truley sorry if anyone feels attacked. That's not my intention. I've read post after post about this and I'm just getting pi$$ed off. Seems we're bI%^ing for bi%^ing's sake.

If I'm missing something someone please correct me and I will gladly appologize for my rant.

-

-

-

-

ZARTAN RULES!!!!!

SA400292-1.jpg

I tend to agree. The swamp skier is tiny, sure, but at least Hasbro made the effort. Instead, fans apparently wanted Hasbro to either create an entirely new pricepoint or put it in a vehicle pack (about the only two options Hasbro could have gone with). If it were the former, they have to basically convince the retailers to accept a new product just for one figure. If it's the latter, people would be whining that we could only get "classic Zartan" in a vehicle pack.

No offense taken - I love the figure, just wish they had done something else with the plastic than use it on the skier. They could have just left that out completely or gave him some other accessories. If I didn't already have the other Zartan they already released back in the beginning, I would have got this one and just tossed the skier. It's just so laughable when I saw it, it looked more like a toy for The Son of Zartan to tool around behind his dad on.

My Wal-Mart just got all of Wave 13 this week, but still no sign of Wave 12 or the rest of Wave 10. Wave 11 is pretty much everywhere-- Zartan is the Merriam Webster's Definition of Awesome, ski-doo and all, and my poor beloved Pilot Scarlett has already began to clog the pegs (if only I could give a good home to them all!). Of the two Fred Meyers in town, only one ever carried Wave 10, which never showed at Target at all. The troup builders from 10 were released in 11, so Target has had plenty of Bazooka Troopers and even Para-Vipers. But anybody wanting a Crock Master for less than Ebay prices is kinda out of luck.

Apparently, Bellingham stores only stock odd-numbered waves. Before the re-issue wave, I could never find a Mass crystals CC or even a TF Flint, though wave 9 (minus the mythical Single Card BAT) arrived right on time. Some Mutts and even a couple TF Dukes have crept onto Walmart pegs, nothing else from Wave 10, and they came heavily mixed in with re-issue guys. Now I'm sorry that I passed on Crock Master when I first saw him.

Following the local pattern, I should be seeing Wave 12 a few weeks after Wave 13, soooo... sometime in January, I guess. I really want those MASS elements, too. And the Single Card Tripwire that shoulda been Tiger Force. Oh well.

I found wave 11 including Zartan a few week ago.He is a big improvement over the one that came out last year.The Skimmer is tiny but the way I see it.Look at the one that was on HTS.That vehicle was microscopic.I wave have seen Waves 10,11 and 13 but 12,no where.Heck on Saturday I saw 6 basic Wraiths at one Target.