Third time's the charm?

Devilbat

Okay, I realize I'm possibly setting myself up for some ridicule (and some pot-shots from Admiral Hunter...if he's even still around), but...I just bought a case of 25th Anniversary Joes, namely the Wave 5 Revision 5 case that includes Snake-Eyes Version 2, Beachhead, Flint, etc. This will make my third time starting a new 25th Anniversary collection of G.I. Joe figures. *sigh* I guess that G.I. Joe was such a prominent part of my childhood that I cherished and enjoyed so much that I can't seem to give it up. I settled on this case because it contained some of the best figures that were, what I felt, the best of the line so far. I wanted to start (or re-start, as it were) with a wave that of course included my favorite character, Snake-Eyes, Version 2 to be exact. And the 25th Anniversary Beachhead is G.I. Joe-action-figure perfection in my opinion, so that was a factor. I had also recently seen the Snow Serpent in stores and realized what an incredible figure that was, so I liked the fact that it was included. It just seemed like a nice, well-rounded set to start off with. So I'm happy to consider myself a Joe collector again, and I look forward to hanging-out around here again as a more active member like I used to in the old days.

And y'know, not to analyze it to death or anything, but...does anyone else struggle with the whole age factor? I think sometimes the fact that I'm a little older now influences my decision to quit collecting these things. I don't play with 'em; I'm only gonna pose and/or display them. But then other times (like now) I think that if it's something you enjoy and it has personal meaning to you, along with that "wow" factor, then who cares how old you are? It's a fun, pop-culture hobby; right? And I know I've nit-picked these things to death before, but there are times (like right now) that I can loosen-up and not focus on all of the flaws the line has and just appreciate it for what it is; a toyline that closely resembles one I grew up with and loved and just enjoy it for that very reason. Not because it's anything mind-blowing or perfect.

Now I'm not so sure I'd want a whole wall display of these things, or...Heaven forbid, an entire room full of Joes (not that that's not cool mind you) (lol), but I think it'd be nice to have this cool, selective little collection that includes some personal favorites of mine. (I'd definitely like to have a Snake-Eyes display somewhere down the road though...)

Talking about the age thing can i ask are you married or seeing some one? If your married or datein then age isn't a problem. But try being single and bringing a chick home to a room full of DCUC MOC figures all over your wall and superman figures everywhere and gi joes and transformers and you get the point lol. Not always an easy thing to do. Better yet try it with 2 disabled parents and action figures everywhere.

I gnjoy all my stuff and I tell myself if it wasn't figurs it would be something else dvds or shoes or something takeing all my money. And also it could be alot worse could not have a home at all. But yes I do have inner termoil about it from time to time. But then I just say F--- IT. and go on a toy run... :D:P

I've toy collected since I was a kid and I will always toy collect! And when I die, if no one wants to inherit my collection, then I want all my toys, comics, movies, etc.. buried with me in a big mass grave...you know, like the Egyptians did!

I've toy collected since I was a kid and I will always toy collect! And when I die, if no one wants to inherit my collection, then I want all my toys, comics, movies, etc.. buried with me in a big mass grave...you know, like the Egyptians did!

Where will you be buried lol.

Where will you be buried lol.

Probably in a lot next to a mall.....

I get funny looks from stores when I walk to the register with an arm full of Indiana Jones figures or Transformers and on occasion, older GI Joe figures, since 25th ain't here in the UK. But I don't care. Even the cashiers seem to ask. "so, are these for youself sir?" and to which I always reply "yep" then they look at me confused. I guess to them, the concept of a 20-something year old (I'm 23) buying action figures is alien

Okay, I realize I'm possibly setting myself up for some ridicule (and some pot-shots from Admiral Hunter...if he's even still around), but...I just bought a case of 25th Anniversary Joes, namely the Wave 5 Revision 5 case that includes Snake-Eyes Version 2, Beachhead, Flint, etc. This will make my third time starting a new 25th Anniversary collection of G.I. Joe figures. *sigh* I guess that G.I. Joe was such a prominent part of my childhood that I cherished and enjoyed so much that I can't seem to give it up. I settled on this case because it contained some of the best figures that were, what I felt, the best of the line so far. I wanted to start (or re-start, as it were) with a wave that of course included my favorite character, Snake-Eyes, Version 2 to be exact. And the 25th Anniversary Beachhead is G.I. Joe-action-figure perfection in my opinion, so that was a factor. I had also recently seen the Snow Serpent in stores and realized what an incredible figure that was, so I liked the fact that it was included. It just seemed like a nice, well-rounded set to start off with. So I'm happy to consider myself a Joe collector again, and I look forward to hanging-out around here again as a more active member like I used to in the old days.

And y'know, not to analyze it to death or anything, but...does anyone else struggle with the whole age factor? I think sometimes the fact that I'm a little older now influences my decision to quit collecting these things. I don't play with 'em; I'm only gonna pose and/or display them. But then other times (like now) I think that if it's something you enjoy and it has personal meaning to you, along with that "wow" factor, then who cares how old you are? It's a fun, pop-culture hobby; right? And I know I've nit-picked these things to death before, but there are times (like right now) that I can loosen-up and not focus on all of the flaws the line has and just appreciate it for what it is a toyline that closely resembles one O grew up with and loved and just enjoy it for that very reason. Not because it's anything mind-blowing or perfect.

Now I'm not so sure I'd want a whole wall display of these things, or...Heaven forbid, an entire room full of Joes (not that that's not cool mind you) (lol), but I think it'd be nice to have this cool, selective little collection that includes some personal favorites of mine. (I'd definitely like to have a Snake-Eyes display somewhere down the road though...)

Hey man,

If you're getting back into it I think you've picked a good time. MY LCBS got in a f'n ton of the wave 4 figures. So, if this is going to be mass distributed, it should be easy to grab a figure here and there that you'd like to have.

Post a list on the trade boards, you might be able to rebuild some gusy from your collection on the cheap and easy!

As far as the age thing goes: Don't bother me none. I'm the oldest 8 year old in the world!

The day you worry about your age vs/ Collecting DB, is the Day you need to go find more joes.

Theres no difference from us, as there is a guy who can name you every player in the 1972 World Series.

nerds exsist in different Genres.

Talking about the age thing can i ask are you married or seeing some one? If your married or datein then age isn't a problem. But try being single and bringing a chick home to a room full of DCUC MOC figures all over your wall and superman figures everywhere and gi joes and transformers and you get the point lol. Not always an easy thing to do. Better yet try it with 2 disabled parents and action figures everywhere.

I gnjoy all my stuff and I tell myself if it wasn't figurs it would be something else dvds or shoes or something takeing all my money. And also it could be alot worse could not have a home at all. But yes I do have inner termoil about it from time to time. But then I just say F--- IT. and go on a toy run... :D:P

Actually, I'm married to a woman that, as a little girl, used to pretend she was Scarlett on the playground at school. Of course, it was only because a boy she had a crush on played as Snake-Eyes, but c'mon...she gets points for association. (lol)

I think I've stopped and started so many times I've drove her crazy and she just rolls her eyes at me when I bring it up. But she will buy them for me from time to time. As a matter of fact, just tonight she bought me the Beachhead/Mainframe (Dataframe?) comic 2-pack. So no, the relationship thing's not a problem. She knows what a Joe nut I was growing up.

And it was fun to go out hunting today like I used to. Didn't really find anything other than the comic pack, but it was fun nonetheless.

Hey man,

If you're getting back into it I think you've picked a good time. MY LCBS got in a f'n ton of the wave 4 figures. So, if this is going to be mass distributed, it should be easy to grab a figure here and there that you'd like to have.

Post a list on the trade boards, you might be able to rebuild some gusy from your collection on the cheap and easy!

As far as the age thing goes: Don't bother me none. I'm the oldest 8 year old in the world!

Yeah man! I noticed on a few online sites that the original Wave 4 was gonna be re-released on the white-border cards. I was hoping they would. I just hope all of the earlier figures are, including Shipwreck, Lady Jaye, and Hooded Cobra Commander. I think my problem's gonna be finding figfures on mint cards. That's what I look for first, and I can be insanely picky, like AFA picky. (lol)

As far as being young at heart goes, my father-in-law was kinda teasing me the other day about the whole toy thing. He does it all the time, but it's in a "That's an interesting hobby" way, and not a "My son-in-law's a huge nerd that I'm extremly embarrassed by." (lol) Now let me tell you, he is the most practical man you would ever meet, but he has fully accepted what I do (or have done over the years), and he seems okay with it suprisingly. For example, we were over at his house talking about retirement (don't ask me how that came up, I have no idea) (lol), and he piped-up and said I could open a toy museum when I retire and charge people to see it. (lol) Now he was halfway joking, but he was acknowledging something about me that I've been denying myself for the last few months; I enjoy collecting toys and I can appreciate the hobby on so many levels, and where I had sold all of my Transformers and Joes, thinking I was making my life simpler and narrowing my collecting down to a more "adult-friendly", mature collection, I was missing something I truly enjoyed...toys.

It felt so great today knowing I had ordered that case. Like a big kid I've been excited all day long, looking forward to a simple pleasure again that I had missed in recent months. Maybe it's like an addict getting a fix after a long stint of sobriety. (lol)

The day you worry about your age vs/ Collecting DB, is the Day you need to go find more joes.

Theres no difference from us, as there is a guy who can name you every player in the 1972 World Series.

nerds exsist in different Genres.

(lol) Yeah, my future brother-in-law's like that. He's this huge footbal fan, both on the collegiate level and the NFL. He knows all of the teams, the coaches, the players, and he just really knows the game. It's like his hobby. But growing up he loved the Ninja Turtles too. So he completely gets me, where I'm coming from. I guess we all have vices that take up out time, money, and attention. I've just let myself think at times that I'm at a certain age and therefore I should be giving-up toys because I'm too old for them. But y'know, I felt...normal today, like I was doing something that came natural to me. It's somthing that fits me, that makes perfect sense for me considering the nostalgia of the line and what G.I. Joe has always meant to me.

Sorry I'm so "talkative" guys. I think I've squelched all of this in the past few months, and this is like therapy for me. (lol)

Dude, you know I'm with you all the way on this!!!

We've known each other since the good ole days of the wizardworld boards. In fact many of us are hold overs from those boards!! But back then man we were young bucks and does, early, early 20's, no worries really other than scoring the latest figure and what to do for the weekend!! Now, those carefree days are behind us!! I mean I know most of us are reacing our 30's, and some of us have surpassed them!! For those of us headed toward middle 30's, the whole age thing can be a bit daunting sometimes!! Especially if your single and have no kids!! At least with kids, you can use the old playing with your kids excuse, which is great by the way!! But when your by yourself, it's a bit I don't know weird now!!

Here's hoping most of us are doing what we were meant to do. For those of us that aren't, present company included, collecting toys seems like a hinderance sometimes, know what I mean!! I should be less concerned with collecting the latest toys and what not than settling down with figuring what I want to do with my life. It's a bit sad to think that I wasted my 20's and still don't have a career I can be proud of!! So that always pops into my mind when I make a stroll down the toy aisle, which is why I haven't bought much as of late. I always see something cool, like the new Starscream and Cyclonus figures and then I think what the hell do these have to do with finding the perfect job! So I put them back!!

Also after all these years of collecting, I'm probably a bit burnt out!! I want to have a complete collection, but companies never seem to do it anymore!! I mean Marvel Legends was doing so well, and then Hasbro took over and things went amuck!! Old stuff doesn't mesh with the new, and so on!! GI JOE's keep chaning lines. VvV, Spy Troops, and now 25th. Even within 25th we keep getting changes!! I mean take a look at Beach Head, Zartan, Bludd, etc!! HOw many figures do we get until the perfect one!! It gets old, quiok!! I'm getting tired of starting over!! The DC line seems to be doing what all of these lines couldn't, get one unified look and roll with it!! Sure a bit out of touch witht the scale on some figures, but all in all, they are all looking swell!!

Oh and of course who can forget about the cost!! Friggin 7 to 8 bucks for a friggin figure!! Come on now. I still remember my under 3 bucks GI JOE's!! Gas has gone down, let's start seeing some of them figures go down!! That would help!!

You know, it will never be like when we were kids growing up in the 80's!! Times were different, we were different! I mean toys weren't perfect by any means neccessary, but whatever came out, we loved!! Today we just #$#@# and moan about every little thing!! Paint this, sculpt that. Come on, they're toys!! A child's plaything!! :D We had our fun as kids, we collected as much as we could,perhaps we shold let the next gen step up and let us look to other things for our past times!

Perhaps I'm ranting, perhaps I'll feel different in the morning!! But for now, toys might start taking a back seat to everything else in my life!!! I may pick up the occasional one. I may display what I have, I may sell off!! I don't know yet!! We'll see what tomorrow holds!!

So yeah DB, you aint the only one that feels the way you do!!

Dude, you know I'm with you all the way on this!!!

We've known each other since the good ole days of the wizardworld boards. In fact many of us are hold overs from those boards!! But back then man we were young bucks and does, early, early 20's, no worries really other than scoring the latest figure and what to do for the weekend!! Now, those carefree days are behind us!! I mean I know most of us are reacing our 30's, and some of us have surpassed them!! For those of us headed toward middle 30's, the whole age thing can be a bit daunting sometimes!! Especially if your single and have no kids!! At least with kids, you can use the old playing with your kids excuse, which is great by the way!! But when your by yourself, it's a bit I don't know weird now!!

Here's hoping most of us are doing what we were meant to do. For those of us that aren't, present company included, collecting toys seems like a hinderance sometimes, know what I mean!! I should be less concerned with collecting the latest toys and what not than settling down with figuring what I want to do with my life. It's a bit sad to think that I wasted my 20's and still don't have a career I can be proud of!! So that always pops into my mind when I make a stroll down the toy aisle, which is why I haven't bought much as of late. I always see something cool, like the new Starscream and Cyclonus figures and then I think what the hell do these have to do with finding the perfect job! So I put them back!!

Also after all these years of collecting, I'm probably a bit burnt out!! I want to have a complete collection, but companies never seem to do it anymore!! I mean Marvel Legends was doing so well, and then Hasbro took over and things went amuck!! Old stuff doesn't mesh with the new, and so on!! GI JOE's keep chaning lines. VvV, Spy Troops, and now 25th. Even within 25th we keep getting changes!! I mean take a look at Beach Head, Zartan, Bludd, etc!! HOw many figures do we get until the perfect one!! It gets old, quiok!! I'm getting tired of starting over!! The DC line seems to be doing what all of these lines couldn't, get one unified look and roll with it!! Sure a bit out of touch witht the scale on some figures, but all in all, they are all looking swell!!

Oh and of course who can forget about the cost!! Friggin 7 to 8 bucks for a friggin figure!! Come on now. I still remember my under 3 bucks GI JOE's!! Gas has gone down, let's start seeing some of them figures go down!! That would help!!

You know, it will never be like when we were kids growing up in the 80's!! Times were different, we were different! I mean toys weren't perfect by any means neccessary, but whatever came out, we loved!! Today we just #$#@# and moan about every little thing!! Paint this, sculpt that. Come on, they're toys!! A child's plaything!! :D We had our fun as kids, we collected as much as we could,perhaps we shold let the next gen step up and let us look to other things for our past times!

Perhaps I'm ranting, perhaps I'll feel different in the morning!! But for now, toys might start taking a back seat to everything else in my life!!! I may pick up the occasional one. I may display what I have, I may sell off!! I don't know yet!! We'll see what tomorrow holds!!

So yeah DB, you aint the only one that feels the way you do!!

You said it all lady you said it all.....

Yeah Lady Jaye, we go way back my dear. Sheesh...wizardworld.com. And...*ahem*...I'm one of the aforementioned people that has recently landed right squarely in their mid-thirties... *sigh* (lol)

Anyway, for the last couple of years, I've slowly gravitated towards exclusively collecting Star Wars statues and mini busts. I've swayed back and forth concerning Joes and Transformers all the while. At one point I had even sold all of my other toys to fund the Star Wars stuff. (It can get really expensive!!) I'd buy a few of each; a wave or two of Joes here, and Encore Transformer or two there, then I'd see a bust or statue I really wanted, so I'd sell everything to be able to afford it. And then I'd convince myself that the statues and mini busts are a nicer, more high-end class of collectible instead of having all of these little plastic army men and robots displayed everywhere, that it was a more adult-oriented collectible than a bunch of toys...

But then I'd come to the realization that these anniversary figures let me get in touch with a simpler time in my life, a time when I still had my dad and a time that was a little more carefree and comforting, when I'd set up battles and play with my brothers, read the comics, and watch the cartoon every afternoon after school. Is it so wrong to want to commemorate that time in my life with some little plastic action figures? Or is it the fact that I'm trying to hang on to a part of my life that doesn't exist anymore, that I'm spending too much time living in the past through these things? I don't know why I've agonized over something as trivial as collecting toys, but I have...

Yeah Lady Jaye, we go way back my dear. Sheesh...wizardworld.com. And...*ahem*...I'm one of the aforementioned people that has recently landed right squarely in their mid-thirties... *sigh* (lol)

Anyway, for the last couple of years, I've slowly gravitated towards exclusively collecting Star Wars statues and mini busts. I've swayed back and forth concerning Joes and Transformers all the while. At one point I had even sold all of my other toys to fund the Star Wars stuff. (It can get really expensive!!) I'd buy a few of each; a wave or two of Joes here, and Encore Transformer or two there, then I'd see a bust or statue I really wanted, so I'd sell everything to be able to afford it. And then I'd convince myself that the statues and mini busts are a nicer, more high-end class of collectible instead of having all of these little plastic army men and robots displayed everywhere, that it was a more adult-oriented collectible than a bunch of toys...

But then I'd come to the realization that these anniversary figures let me get in touch with a simpler time in my life, a time when I still had my dad and a time that was a little more carefree and comforting, when I'd set up battles and play with my brothers, read the comics, and watch the cartoon every afternoon after school. Is it so wrong to want to commemorate that time in my life with some little plastic action figures? Or is it the fact that I'm trying to hang on to a part of my life that doesn't exist anymore, that I'm spending too much time living in the past through these things? I don't know why I've agonized over something as trivial as collecting toys, but I have...

That is the best description you've ever given for why you get out of collecting and back in.

And I'll save the pot shots until you decide to sell again. :)

-Kevin

That is the best description you've ever given for why you get out of collecting and back in.

Thank you Admiral Hunter. Seriously that means alot coming from you. I guess my above post is the dilema that I've struggled with so much...

And I'll save the pot shots until you decide to sell again. :)

Heh...thanks. Fair enough. (lol)

This is actually a pretty good topic and I think its something many of us have wrestled with before. I suppose this is my fourth go 'round. I collected as a kid and then "outgrew" 'em. I collected the 2000 ARAHC through SpyTroops, then sold/donated them all. Collected VvsV and DTC and then, yup, sold/donated them again. Finally, I started collecting the 25th Anni, but ended up getting out of the game this year because I decided it just wasn't worth it, money, time and stress-wise. The diff here is that I haven't sold any of the 25th guys yet and I don't care if I ever do. Simply put, it just doesn't matter to me. While I still dig GIJoe and it's a neat part of my life, it's also something from the past and I don't need tangible reminders of that past when I've got my memories. I guess what I'm saying is that I've embraced the fact that life is transient and no amount of possesions are going to change that. Bottomline, I'd rather concentrate on the here-and-now than on the passed-and-gone and there are other things I prefer to spend my cash and time on. I'm content and feel no need to buy anything more. Matter of fact, I spend most days never giving GIJoe a thought, but if/when I do feel a little nostalgic, I just drop by the forums and see what's up.

My advice to you, as a fellow (but former) on-again-off-again collector is to just take it slow. First, quit dwelling on it. You're devoting too much time and energy into thinking about this stuff. You're overanalyzing and that's always a buzzkill. Second, If you feel you're getting the urge to sell again, pack 'em all up instead and wait to see if that urge subsides. Finally, if this time around the hobby doesn't stick, admit it and move on. Remember that it's not an all or nothing game. There's no rule says you gotta own everything or that when you stop you hafta get rid of it all. Part-time collecting is probably the healthiest form of collecting. Keep this sh!t in perspective and it all gets easier. Maybe you're like me and your psyche has been trying to tell you that you no longer need to own plastic representations of past memories. Perhaps there are better ways (for you) to spend your time/money.

Best of luck tho, you'll get it all figured out.

This will make my third time starting a new 25th Anniversary collection of G.I. Joe figures.

The THIRD time starting to collect a line that's barely two years old...?

Are you kidding yourself? 'Cuz you're not kidding ME!

Easy now. Bear in mind that there's been like four years worth o' crap in these two years. This line is easy to get burnt out on.

This will make my third time starting a new 25th Anniversary collection of G.I. Joe figures.

The THIRD time starting to collect a line that's barely two years old...?

Are you kidding yourself? 'Cuz you're not kidding ME!

Okay, I got mad the first time Neutron, but then I saw how you were towards everyone else. Now I know it's just how you are; painfully honest. And I vowed to myself that I'd just ignore you from now on. But I have to admit, instead of making me mad, your comments are piquing my interest. I'm seriously curious; what exactly do you mean by that? And this is a serious question, I'm not being defensive here.

This is actually a pretty good topic and I think its something many of us have wrestled with before. I suppose this is my fourth go 'round. I collected as a kid and then "outgrew" 'em. I collected the 2000 ARAHC through SpyTroops, then sold/donated them all. Collected VvsV and DTC and then, yup, sold/donated them again. Finally, I started collecting the 25th Anni, but ended up getting out of the game this year because I decided it just wasn't worth it, money, time and stress-wise. The diff here is that I haven't sold any of the 25th guys yet and I don't care if I ever do. Simply put, it just doesn't matter to me. While I still dig GIJoe and it's a neat part of my life, it's also something from the past and I don't need tangible reminders of that past when I've got my memories. I guess what I'm saying is that I've embraced the fact that life is transient and no amount of possesions are going to change that. Bottomline, I'd rather concentrate on the here-and-now than on the passed-and-gone and there are other things I prefer to spend my cash and time on. I'm content and feel no need to buy anything more. Matter of fact, I spend most days never giving GIJoe a thought, but if/when I do feel a little nostalgic, I just drop by the forums and see what's up.

My advice to you, as a fellow (but former) on-again-off-again collector is to just take it slow. First, quit dwelling on it. You're devoting too much time and energy into thinking about this stuff. You're overanalyzing and that's always a buzzkill. Second, If you feel you're getting the urge to sell again, pack 'em all up instead and wait to see if that urge subsides. Finally, if this time around the hobby doesn't stick, admit it and move on. Remember that it's not an all or nothing game. There's no rule says you gotta own everything or that when you stop you hafta get rid of it all. Part-time collecting is probably the healthiest form of collecting. Keep this sh!t in perspective and it all gets easier. Maybe you're like me and your psyche has been trying to tell you that you no longer need to own plastic representations of past memories. Perhaps there are better ways (for you) to spend your time/money.

Best of luck tho, you'll get it all figured out.

Wow, thank you hobobellew. That's some insight you have, and it seems to ring true. You are where I've been for the past few months. I've been collecting Star Wars statues and mini busts, but then I'd drop by here every now and then, just to see what's new and what might be going on in the world of G.I. Joe, just out of curiosity. But in the past few days, I've just had this strong urge to dabble a little in G.I. Joe if you will, to have some of my favorite characters on nice, mint cards to display. But then I tell myself that I could be buying another mini bust that's made much better and is alot nicer to display. But then...action figures are just fun. (lol) I cancelled my G.I. Joe case order, bought a mini bust, then cancelled THAT order, and now I'm just sitting in limbo, trying to decide, like you alluded to, what I think is more worth my money and time...

I truly believe I have issues and need professional help. (lol) I really don't know what's wrong with me.

I get collector's remorse every so often, too. I'm 37 and I've been collecting Batman, Transformers and various other toylines since the mid 80s. I missed a lot of the original GI Joe toyline (3.75 inch, that is) back in the 80s, but I've really hit the ground running with the 25th collection. So my advice is: follow your bliss! If you enjoy it, then don't let anyone tell you or influence you to stop collecting anything ... stamps, action figures, dryer lint ... whatever!

I think that this was the premise behind last week's "Big Bang Theory".

The whole issue over collecting and it's relative "maturity" has never been one that has concerned me. Many times I have stopped (mostly because there was a lack of funds or space) but I don't believe that my age has ever been the issue. I think that many rational people can relate to your desire to collect things that remind you of your childhood or a collection of things that you simply find cool. Lord knows you'll find a bunch of them on this forum.

There's also a ton of people that will criticize you for buying toys... but I'm sure that if you were to look at their lives under a microscope that they have "immature" tendencies. Maybe they play video games for hours upon end. Or maybe rattle off stats for fantasy football or display their collector plates. Maybe they run out and get a new plasma TV because the people next door has one. I don't think that you should judge your value based on how people that really don't matter perceive your age. It sounds like you have someone pretty wonderful that understands you... and that's what really counts.

I agree that if you feel the urge to sell again to just pack them away for a while. It may be best to get your feelings clear about the Joes before you sell them off. My brother works at a collectibles shop and I swear that most of the guys in there are trying to buy back their childhoods... and they are paying top dollar to do so.

If you bought these toys for nostalgic reasons, then there is something in you that drove you to buy these once. Chances are it will drive you to do so again. You can buy them and still be a responsible adult.

Thus ends hoganvibe's after school special.

Well you know, hoganvibe, it's not that I worry about anyone judging me for buying and collecting toys; that's not the problem. I still have plenty of Star Wars figures boxed away in my man-cave. I've even been somewhat proud of my geek status. (lol) Everyone I know, even my extremely practical father-in-law, seem to foster my status as a toy collector and accept it. No, I think the issues I have are ones I've projected on myself. And I think too part of it's paranoia; if I buy a bunch of G.I. Joe figures up, I won't be able to afford the Star Wars stuff I want, and vice-versa. I'm not saying that kind of thinking is sane (lol), I just think I'm on a limited budget, and there are just too many choices out there. It really has forced me to be more selective over the years...

In the end though, there are just alot of great, fun memories wrapped up in G.I. Joe, and I guess that's mainly why I keep coming back to it. I really do appreciate everyone's words of advice and encouragement. It's nice to no I'm not the only one that goes through this from time to time. Like I've said before, this board has been like therapy for me. (lol)