New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

My sis took a picture of me showing it. I'll just have to see if she uploaded it to her laptop. I opened it on Christmas eve, So I don't have the box anymore. I'm not the kinda guy that sells things anyways. Still it was pretty cool and rare.

(YAY,100th REPLY!!!) Ah... I still need to get the re releases. My dad won't take me to Toys 'R' Us so I can't get them... I hope little mini T'R'U s replace the KBs... The nearest T'R'U is 30 miles away in Albany...

awwww memories! ...... I miss jamaro!

I do too... You have any idea where he is? Maybe he went to Japan to ask Sega about the Metal Sonic lol... The newcomer Rockzilla actually had the 100th post on the thread, I had the 100th reply to jamaro's #1 post... I hope this thread lasts for a long time... I have a good analogy for this actually, when The Simpsons started, my dad said he hoped it would last 'till season 8... Now look at it... It's in it's 20th season lol...

awwww memories! ...... I miss jamaro!

I do too... You have any idea where he is? Maybe he went to Japan to ask Sega about the Metal Sonic lol... The newcomer Rockzilla actually had the 100th post on the thread, I had the 100th reply to jamaro's #1 post... I hope this thread lasts for a long time... I have a good analogy for this actually, when The Simpsons started, my dad said he hoped it would last 'till season 8... Now look at it... It's in it's 20th season lol...

Lets hope so! lol

Hm...I had forgotten about Silver. I suppose he makes sense for a "never before seen figure" as well. Bah! So many new characters now, we'll never get to the ones I care about.

As for the cannon question, I always made up my own story (given what was in the instruction manuals). However, for Sonic's origin, I went with this short comic that was in my TMNT magazine that I got way back when. It showed Robotnik as a man named Dr. Kintobor (clever, I know). Soinc was just a normal hedgehog who popped up and helped the doctor with some sorta speed test, and Sonic ended up breaking the machine and turned blue from all the speed he produced. After that, he was Kintobor's lab assistant until *shock and amazment!* Soinc brought him a hard boiled egg and some pop, which he spilled on his computer (dunno what it did, but rings and chaos emeralds were involved). The computer fried him, somehow turned him into Robotnik ('cause he wasn't fat before...somehow the egg did it) and the first game started!

Granted, alot has changed since those days. I still enjoy the old Sonic, but much of my love is for the old SatAM toon, now. I also kept up with the comics then, too. Those are the characters I'd love to see in toy form someday...but I'm sure that's out of the question. They had planned to make a game involving all the SatAM character back then, but it was scrapped for some reason, and from then on out it was just dropped. It's too bad, really.

I first got into Sonic by watching the toons, Sonic The Hedgehog (Satam) was my favorite. I got more into the series by playing the games. Genesis was my first game console actually.

I always consider the Sonic Team verse as the main cannon series. Personally I like a sorta Archie comics like mix between Sonic Team and the Satam universe. Although the Archie comics have been pretty bad recently lol.

I'd love to have figures of Antoine and Rotor from Satam but I know the chances of that are unlikely.

I got into it through the games. Then when in a local drug store (not the meth kinda drug. The "I need medicine" kinda drug), I saw a comic rack. Decided to look through it and saw they had a Sonic comic. Decided to pick it up (it was issue 0. My bro still has it somewhere). Started following the comic series and found in one of them an ad for a tv show. Now here I am, 16 going 17 and still talking about Sonic in toy forum. But that's enough nostalgia for me.

As for figure wants, Any form of Metal Sonic. Uncle Chuck (either normal or robotic). Fang (my favorite bad guy). Chaos (always thought he was pretty stellar). A GOOD Rouge. Sall and Bunny (heck anyone from the old show). Some Badniks (possibly as pack ins?). Enerjak (this awesome echidna dude from Knuckles spinoff comic). And the Chaotics.

I got into it through the games. Then when in a local drug store (not the meth kinda drug. The "I need medicine" kinda drug), I saw a comic rack. Decided to look through it and saw they had a Sonic comic. Decided to pick it up (it was issue 0. My bro still has it somewhere). Started following the comic series and found in one of them an ad for a tv show. Now here I am, 16 going 17 and still talking about Sonic in toy forum. But that's enough nostalgia for me.

As for figure wants, Any form of Metal Sonic. Uncle Chuck (either normal or robotic). Fang (my favorite bad guy). Chaos (always thought he was pretty stellar). A GOOD Rouge. Sall and Bunny (heck anyone from the old show). Some Badniks (possibly as pack ins?). Enerjak (this awesome echidna dude from Knuckles spinoff comic). And the Chaotics.

I never really read the comics (maybe 1 or 2 of them)... Yeah We need Metal Sonic, a good Rouge,badniks, and maybe Chaotix...

I haven't bought a Sonic comic since 2004, so it looks like the series has really went downhill. Scourge looks like some lame fanfic character.

I'm actually looking forward to Sonic Universe which is going to replace the Sonic X series that Archie had.

14wrudu.jpg

The artwork looks sick!

I haven't bought a Sonic comic since 2004, so it looks like the series has really went downhill. Scourge looks like some lame fanfic character.

I'm actually looking forward to Sonic Universe which is going to replace the Sonic X series that Archie had.

14wrudu.jpg

The artwork looks sick!

Wow that looks good...

Wow, Scourge is still around, eh? He actually originated a good long time ago, earlier in the comics. He came from the standard "reverse world" where good is bad and bad is good! Clever, I know. My point is that the comic isn't really going down hill because of that old character, unless you got something against him going super. I got out of the comics around the time when Adventure came out and they started bringing in other humans (and Robotnik died, and there was another totally different one who just so happened to be dressed like Robotnik from Adventure, then the real Robotnik came back, etc...ugh).

Anyhow, I originally got into the comics when they made the Sonic and Knuckles game special edition. I figured it would be closer to the game than it was! Turned out it was a whole other story (based on the game) and I was hooked!

Yeah Scourge use to be Evil Sonic. He somehow turned Green and got a scar on his chest. Archie has really overused him recently. I never cared for the alternate reality stuff in the comics. But most of the current stories have been pretty bad. I remember they had an obsession with this lame Tommy the turtle character for a while.

Yeah Scourge use to be Evil Sonic. He somehow turned Green and got a scar on his chest. Archie has really overused him recently. I never cared for the alternate reality stuff in the comics. But most of the current stories have been pretty bad. I remember they had an obsession with this lame Tommy the turtle character for a while.

Yup one of the ones I read had that stupid turtle...

So has every one seen the Night Of The Werehog short yet? Its been out since November I think.

If you haven't seen it yet!

remember to watch it in HD!

I really liked it myself. The Sega CG team is as good as Pixar lol.

It would be pretty cool if Jazzwares could make figures of those Ghosts.

So has every one seen the Night Of The Werehog short yet? Its been out since November I think.

If you haven't seen it yet!

remember to watch it in HD!

I really liked it myself. The Sega CG team is as good as Pixar lol.

It would be pretty cool if Jazzwares could make figures of those Ghosts.

It was pretty good... I wouldn't compare them to Pixar but they are good...

I never cared much for Sonic X. Speaking of Sonic movies, does anyone remember the old Sonic movie? It had Knuckles Metal Sonic an awesome giant robotic Robotnik. It was cool.

Yeah, the movie was pretty dang cool. Knuckles' hat always irked me. Of course, that was hilarious to my friends, so they would often take this little hat (dunno from where...) and hover it over Knuckles while they played the game!

Speaking of the movie, you should check out the "abridged" version of it on youtube. Its not amazing, but its funny in its own right!