New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Also gonna buy Sonic Monopoly which I'm happy to hear is finally being made. It's about time.

Oooh. Where did you hear about Sonic Monopoly? I'm interested too. =]

To people who aren't interested in getting extras... Remember, even if you get extra Sonic/Amy/Knuckles/etc, you could always give them away as present to your close friends that love Sonic and doesn't have any toy. That, or keep them as back-up if original figures break... Although, it might be very unlikely nowadays... lol

Oh and hey Joe! *Didn't notice your post at first* Good to see that you aren't gone!! You have nice pictures of your custom work. =] I looked at other people's figures, most of them aren't good as yours... You really do have the talent, Joe!

I LOVE props, but the ones listed feel like they fall short of Badniks... I've already got Item boxes, rings, a gun for Shadow, and a Master Emerald.

I LOVE props too. They are so awesome.

Hogfather at SSMB brought up a good point. The 3 inch figures with accessories are probably these:

Right in front of the six pack. It DOES look like Shadow has some kind of weapon there.

Not even close to being 3". Those are clearly the same size as the 2" figures in the box right behind it. It looks to be a set of 2" un-articulated figures.

Not even close to being 3". Those are clearly the same size as the 2" figures in the box right behind it. It looks to be a set of 2" un-articulated figures.

If it was that "clear" I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made that assumption. =P

Definitely not those upcoming 3" figures with props, as everyone else said. lol

There is no Silver figure and Metal Sonic wasn't mentioned to be one of figures with prop. Those are definitely new and weren't mentioned on the list. I'll skip those too. I don't need smaller versions of figures I already have, especially ones that aren't articulated.

That's interesting, it took me a minute to spot them XD

If they look good and have good paint, I may consider buying them. But how many times have we heard that one before?

I don't know how many times it was mentioned but it is definitely not over 9,000 times. lol Those figures also have a stand attracted to them. I... don't want tiny figures that have a stand on them. D: It makes them feel like small trophies and- wait... Those tiny Sonic figures are perfect for being playable on Monopoly board. Maybe I'll get them if they aren't pricey. =]

I don't know how many times it was mentioned but it is definitely not over 9,000 times. lol Those figures also have a stand attracted to them. I... don't want tiny figures that have a stand on them. D: It makes them feel like small trophies and- wait... Those tiny Sonic figures are perfect for being playable on Monopoly board. Maybe I'll get them if they aren't pricey. =]

I hope we get some variety with this Monopoly set. I was really disappointed with how repetitive the pieces were in the Sonic Chess set:

sonic_chess.jpg

Why would Gold Rings be pawns? Why would a Chaos Emerald be a bishop? They're inanimate objects o_0

Four Knuckles and Tails? Two Sonics and Amys? So Lazy. We could have had Sonic & Pals vs Eggman and pals. Chao pawns vs Motobug pawns. So much potential.

I hope more thought is put into the Monopoly game. I would really like to pick that up if it was cool enough ^_^

I'm not quite sure what to make of the trailer. I want to see more.

But I love everyone's complaint for this game: "LOLOL HIS RUNNING ANIMATION LOOKS TERRIBLE! THIS GAME WILL SUCK, I AIN'T BUYING THIS GARBAGE LOLOL!"

Stay classy other Sonic fans, stay classy.

Anyway, yes, Sonic feet would make Tails rare XD.

Alex is spot-on, pretty much word for word for what the jazwares person said. So I expect Classic Knuckles eventually.

I totally forgot about Classic Amy. Still need to buy her.

I pretty much avoid other Sonic fans these days. Some of them just like to b*tch and complain about everything. I saw some weenies flipping out over the red danger signs from Sonic Generations being in Sonic 4 ep 2. rolleyes.gif

I'm not the the kind of fan that will just eat up anything Sega/Sonic Team releases either. I will call them out on their flaws when necessary. For example I thought Sonic 4 episode 1 was mediocre.

I also refuse to buy any of the terrible "Story book" or Olympic games because I don't like them and I think Mario is lame. But apparently an audience exists for those games, so I won't complain.

how bout... EGG PAWNS AS PAWNS???

That made my day.

Good idea! I also like the idea of Chao being pawns as well.

I hope we get some variety with this Monopoly set. I was really disappointed with how repetitive the pieces were in the Sonic Chess set:

sonic_chess.jpg

Why would Gold Rings be pawns? Why would a Chaos Emerald be a bishop? They're inanimate objects o_0

Four Knuckles and Tails? Two Sonics and Amys? So Lazy. We could have had Sonic & Pals vs Eggman and pals. Chao pawns vs Motobug pawns. So much potential.

I hope more thought is put into the Monopoly game. I would really like to pick that up if it was cool enough ^_^

Whoa! I didn't even know Sonic Chess exists! But you are right, that is very bad variety. It's probably because there isn't many characters for Classic Sonic's world...? But there is Robotnik and many different badniks... There's Flickys and Chaotix team that they can use. By the way, Chao Emeralds are rooks, I think. lol

Speaking of variety, being mario fan myself, they DO have good variety on Mario chess, thank God. I have it, actually. Hehe

bce5_super_mario_chess_set.jpg

I'm not the the kind of fan that will just eat up anything Sega/Sonic Team releases either. I will call them out on their flaws when necessary. For example I thought Sonic 4 episode 1 was mediocre.

I also refuse to buy any of the terrible "Story book" or Olympic games because I don't like them and I think Mario is lame. But apparently an audience exists for those games, so I won't complain.

I thought Sonic 4 I was too short, which was the only disappointment for me... Besides that, I did enjoy playing it. I hope Sonic 4 II have at least more than four zones. Otherwise I may not get it... =/ Oh by the way, I do love those 'Story book' games, actually! Sonic: The Secret of Rings and Sonic: The Black Knight are on my top Sonic games list, in fact. =] However, for Olympic games, those are horrible, even if I'm a Sonic & Mario fan, it's really nothing special about them. Especially London Games, it looks like a giant party game with a lot of mini games. I don't like party games myself. =/ And the only Sonic game that I didn't enjoy was 'Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity', it's really bad. Very poor gameplay, not much of replay value, story is extremely short, poor control, etc.

Oh and look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULw30bR4x14&feature=related

...That is actually from Mario & Sonic in London one.

Duuuuude, that Mario chess set is the standard that all other chess sets should live by! how awesome would it have been if the Sonic one was like that??? but, no, we get a lazy set. boo.

I have the Mario chess set too! It's ace, not least because it's the only means of owning a Bowser Jr figure I have at the moment.

Apparently, the person who bought it me for my birthday actually had a choice of that and the Sonic one to get. I don't know what possessed them to get the Mario one since they know I'm a huge Sonic fan, but it was a good possession.

Nice to see you around Rokczilla, it seems like you haven't been here in forever lol. I try to avoid talking to Sonic fans myself, besides the folks here, they're pretty balanced so that makes for more discussion.

As for Sonic Monopoly, I'm more interested in what the properties will be. There are 22 property spaces on a Monopoly board. So 22 Zones from the old games maybe? Or a mixture of old and new levels?

If you remove Death Egg and Final Zones, the Zones from Sonic the Hedgehog to the Sonic 3 part of Sonic 3 & Knuckles fit in nicely.

I doubt that new Black Knight figures are coming, but I hope they do. And also, this Knuckles Super Poser has a TRU exclusive sticker http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONIC-HEDGEHOG-FIGURE-6-1-2-SUPER-POSER-Knuckles-20th-Anniversary-/270919321831?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f140cc8e7#ht_1578wt_1163.

Yeah, the Mario chess set kicks the butt out of the Sonic one. So little variety. I have yet to purchase that, though. I have the NIntendo Monopoly, and if the Sonic one is like that, it'll be amazing. You could have ring pieces, Chaos Emerald(s), stuff like that. And also, does anyone think it would be cool for Sega to have a Club Nintendo like loyalty program? Special Sonic items... maybe? Annnnddddd, has anyone heard of the so called "Mystery Project" being made by NamcoBandai, Capcom(yesssss), and Sega? It could include Sonic.

I have the Mario chess set too! It's ace, not least because it's the only means of owning a Bowser Jr figure I have at the moment.

Apparently, the person who bought it me for my birthday actually had a choice of that and the Sonic one to get. I don't know what possessed them to get the Mario one since they know I'm a huge Sonic fan, but it was a good possession.

It IS good possession! Some of pieces make VERY good figures, like Kamek, Birdo, Bowser, Bowser Jr, etc. Those pieces match the same size of other current Mario figures.

I doubt that new Black Knight figures are coming, but I hope they do. And also, this Knuckles Super Poser has a TRU exclusive sticker http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1578wt_1163.

It is true, out of all stores that offer Sonic figures, only Toys R US have Knuckles Super Poser, no idea why. lol

As for Sonic Monopoly, I'm more interested in what the properties will be. There are 22 property spaces on a Monopoly board. So 22 Zones from the old games maybe? Or a mixture of old and new levels?

If you remove Death Egg and Final Zones, the Zones from Sonic the Hedgehog to the Sonic 3 part of Sonic 3 & Knuckles fit in nicely.

Wow, that is a very nice idea. I think that zones from old Sonic games are far more interesting than new games' zones. It got more of Sonic feel to it. Don't get me wrong, I do love stages from Sonic Adventure games, but they aren't... Sonic themed enough, you know? Only one out of all was Green Hills, it was amazing. I'd totally get Sonic Monopoly if it's something like you described!

Annnnddddd, has anyone heard of the so called "Mystery Project" being made by NamcoBandai, Capcom(yesssss), and Sega? It could include Sonic.

Wow, everyone always find new information on SEGA or Sonic here. Niiiiice. I haven't heard about 'Mystery Project', no. I'm curious though. =]

Yup, I also love the little tidbits of information I can read here.

I haven't heard about any mystery project either, so would you mind filling us in?

Sure thing! So, apperently Sega, Capcom, and Namco Bandai are working on a mystery project for the Nintendo 3DS. That is all the information there is at this moment, and the only reason I posted it here is 'cause it's Sega, which is mainly Sonic. You can follow this link (http://pxz.channel.or.jp/ ), and if you click on the company names, you'll see colorful x's. (the letter x.) Some say they are chromosomes, and that the colors represent characters from the company. For instance, people think that Sega's "chromosome" has the colors of Shadow, Knuckles, and SIlver. Everyone speculates that it will be a fighting crossover a la Super Smash Bros., but it could be anything. Click the link and post what you think. Personally, I don't see how people get so much from colorful x's.

Sure thing! So, apperently Sega, Capcom, and Namco Bandai are working on a mystery project for the Nintendo 3DS. That is all the information there is at this moment, and the only reason I posted it here is 'cause it's Sega, which is mainly Sonic. You can follow this link (http://pxz.channel.or.jp/ ), and if you click on the company names, you'll see colorful x's. (the letter x.) Some say they are chromosomes, and that the colors represent characters from the company. For instance, people think that Sega's "chromosome" has the colors of Shadow, Knuckles, and SIlver. Everyone speculates that it will be a fighting crossover a la Super Smash Bros., but it could be anything. Click the link and post what you think. Personally, I don't see how people get so much from colorful x's.

Wow, that is VERY interesting... I do hope it is a fighting crossover because hey, why not?

Finally finished my Ray sculpt. I made the arms detachable so that I could make a second set with his wings open but I'm having a hard time making them look decent. I may come back to that at a later time. Drilled a hole in one of his feet so he can use those stands. Works great so I may drill holes in the feet of all the classic figures I have since they all love to topple over.

RaySculptCompleted.jpg