New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

$12 is about £6.

Well Nega is finished. And so is Shade.......well, it was, and as I was putting the finished head back on the body, the 4 spines collased and fell off, followed by the tail. So yep. I'm giving up on the customizing my figures, that was my 3rd attempt. So yeah, its frustrating now.

Well Nega is finished. And so is Shade.......well, it was, and as I was putting the finished head back on the body, the 4 spines collased and fell off, followed by the tail. So yep. I'm giving up on the customizing my figures, that was my 3rd attempt. So yeah, its frustrating now.

NOO don't give up. You're improving. The problems are probably with what you're using and how you're doing things. What material were the spines/tail made of? and how were you putting the head back on?

NOO don't give up. You're improving. The problems are probably with what you're using and how you're doing things. What material were the spines/tail made of? and how were you putting the head back on?

The spines and tail were made out of clay. After cooling off today I've decided once this week is over, I'll get back to making it, Luckily its just the head this time that needs making and a new tail. Shouldn't take too long to customize, but I'm not entirely sure how to put the head back on the figure without breaking it?

The spines and tail were made out of clay. After cooling off today I've decided once this week is over, I'll get back to making it, Luckily its just the head this time that needs making and a new tail. Shouldn't take too long to customize, but I'm not entirely sure how to put the head back on the figure without breaking it?

Sculpy, right? Thats stuff is so brittle all the time. Even when cured properly its not strong at all. A stronger sculpting compund wouldn't give you breakage problems. And how'd you get the head off in the first place? If you used the boil and pop method, you can do the same to get it back on. However, since you sculpted on things, you will just have to be extremely careful since we already know whatever clay you're using isn't too strong.

LaLaM, you need to give us a lesson on how to properly make customs. You're the most knowledgeable person here when it comes to that kind of stuff =P.

Use appropriate/proper tools, and a medium that isn't absolute #$##. Super Sculpey is the best you can get when it comes to baking clay -- if you're using colored clay, you're doing it wrong. Regardless, the best to get when it comes to custom figures is Ave's Apoxie/Fixit Sculpt.

Don't use simple walmart-bought acrylics. Look for Tamiya/ModelMaster/paints that state they're meant for MODELS. Try to avoid enamel if you're not willing to spend months training with a paint/spend a very large amount of money on thinner.

Buy sand paper. I really don't know what it is you're sculpting, but I can guarantee that it will have to be sanded -- you will never find a professional sculpture artist producing works of quality that haven't been sanded in some format.

Tigger knows what he's talking about. HyperTails, I would advise that you listen to him.

I have polymer clay. Is that any good for sculpting?

I found Free Riders Tails. I passed on it because I'm holding out for Storm. Plus only one of the Tails figures looked decent, the others suffered from QC issues but that's nothing new.

That depends on what it is. Again, you really shouldn't be using any form of standard clay to sculpt any action figures/custom pieces. Super sculpey is a cheap man's medium, because it's a good sculpting compound, but it still isn't that durable. Apoxie sculpt is very durable once dry.

That looks great Phoenix. I kinda feel like making on myself now! The hands look like they are made out of MilkyBar yoghurts am I right? As for the head? What did you use? And can Eggman fit in it?

the are actually by milkybar yogarts how did you know the head in the lid two one of my clay tubs that i never used to keep the clay in and yes robotnick can actually sit in it with the the lid onits quite large actually :D! my deviantart account will apear when i finish both tornado 1 and 2 :D!

Eggman Nega! I finished it the other day, I'll upload the photos to deviantart tomorrow, but here's the youtube video of it.

What kind of paint are you using? It looks incredibly thick and, to be frank, poorly places. This is less of an account on your abilities but more the materials you're working with.

Yeah, I kinda agree. Not with one person's customs though, but all across the board. All the Sonic customs I've seen just look to be made with sub par materials and look a bit rushed as a result. I've yet to see a custom that looks like it could pass as a factory made figure. I keep saying I'll be done with a custom or two in anyday now but I'm such a perfectionist that I'm sanding down every little bump in the sculpt and making sure the paint is very even with minimal paint rub.

Regardles, thats a neat Eggman Nega, Hypertails. When I get an extra Eggman I may do that with mine.

And Phoenix, that Eggrobo is HUGE!

Eggman Nega! I finished it the other day, I'll upload the photos to deviantart tomorrow, but here's the youtube video of it.

What kind of paint are you using? It looks incredibly thick and, to be frank, poorly places. This is less of an account on your abilities but more the materials you're working with.

I'm using Acrylics paints, Wakeangel2001 said to use them, so I did, but they are cheap Acrylics, so that's probably why. I guess that could be the reason, I'm going to buy myself another Eggman at some point when I can afford to, along with better paints and do it again.

ALSO, my Storm and Free Riders Tails and Knuckles are here! The head sizes for Tails and Knuckles are smaller than their actual figures.