New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Iblis Biter is from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, so it isn't very well known. =/

Also, classic Tails look soooooooo adorable. lol Will definitely get him as well. Same with Egg Pawn (yeah, with Knuckles but Egg Pawn look well-made!)

Can't wait for the photo of Robotnik with Egg Robos, that's what I want the most out of all 20th figures. :D

I don't think you get it. Look again, Iblis Biter's name has a blatant typo.

Also, I'm really hoping Egg Pawn has articulation. It'd be really stupid if he was stuck with one arm up like that. I'm also hoping Classic Tails isn't bigger than Classic Sonic like the modern version is. From the looks of it, Classic Tails is kinda big. And yeah, the Egg Robo pack has been my most anticipated thing from this set since we first heard about it. I'm hoping it won't disappoint.

EDIT: Yeah, I too was wondering why Silver's hands still aren't painted. I thought for sure they would fix that for this set.

Went to Target. They had 3 inch modern Tails/Sonic, and the 5 inch modern and classic Sonic. However, I only plan on buying classic 3 inch sonic, so that was a pointless run. Also, to anyone who cares, the new 4 inch assassin's creed figures are out -- they don't look very good, though...

Fantastic - I've already ordered the Eggman set from eBay since I haven't got him yet - but something's not right...

Why isn't there a classic Robotnik pack shown yet?

Don't worry.

When a few new packs first appeared, there were other packs that didn't appear but they did now. Just wait like.. 2-4 days and I'm sure by the time everything will show up! =] We didn't see classic Amy Rose either. XD

Fantastic - I've already ordered the Eggman set from eBay since I haven't got him yet - but something's not right...

Why isn't there a classic Robotnik pack shown yet?

Don't worry.

When a few new packs first appeared, there were other packs that didn't appear but they did now. Just wait like.. 2-4 days and I'm sure by the time everything will show up! =] We didn't see classic Amy Rose either. XD

If that's the case, then it might as well look good for Jazwares to hold it back for a bit longer.

The anticipation is rising fast...

I'm loving the look of the classic figures - despite them having no elbow joints, I don't particularly mind - but couldn't they have made the badniks better looking - or better in general? The motobug with Sonic doesn't even look complete...

I think the line looks good, but I can see and understand the disapointment in some of the badniks (they DO look a bit cheesy). I just got the 5 inch Classic Sonic from Target today, and despite lacking knees, I find him to be a great recreation of old-school Sonic. I will most likely wait for the 2 pack with Classic Amy before I buy the Classic Sonic (3 inch), as I do not wish to but the same figure multiple times.

so basically these are SONIC GENERATIONS tie in toys right, look closely at the background of the cards and you see 2003 Knuckles has the stage from HEROES, C Tails has Chemical Plant, Silver has Crisis city, Eggman has the one from UNLEASEHED which are levels that have been confirmed to be in the game. even modern Sonic in the background you can see SPEED HIGHWAY, Shadow has City Escape. I only just noticed

Has anyone gotten a hold on a badnik yet? They look like they might be hollow and made with thin plastic. That's the reason why I'm only getting the classic characters.....even though that Egg Pawn is reeeallly starting to looks awesome...but the others are rather cheap looking. but that's just my opinion, I know I'm getting the classic ones though! I just really dont feel like having a double of every single character...

To Target!

oh, and @ Little Comet2, I just got the same Bowser at the same price at a Toys R Us, I feel ripped off....that's half price!

Has anyone gotten a hold on a badnik yet? They look like they might be hollow and made with thin plastic. That's the reason why I'm only getting the classic characters.....even though that Egg Pawn is reeeallly starting to looks awesome...but the others are rather cheap looking. but that's just my opinion, I know I'm getting the classic ones though! I just really dont feel like having a double of every single character...

To Target!

oh, and @ Little Comet2, I just got the same Bowser at the same price at a Toys R Us, I feel ripped off....that's half price!

Aw, I know. Thankfully, I can return it as long as I have the receipt, along with everything that goes with Bowser. But you gotta admit, Bowser figure is very amazing, isn't it!? XD

Yeah, badnik figures are missing certain details or colors, but I don't know what, I just know they do miss some of it. I instantly noticed when I saw that GUN Mono Beetle figure

I noticed the thing with the backgrounds when we got the leaked level list. I looked back at the prototypes. Coincidence? Maybe.

Also, the Beetle is off. They should have made it a light grey color. I have yet to see it yet in person, but that's what it looked like.

I kind of wish that they had gone with the classic design for the Badniks. Especially Motobug. I don't like the new design very much.

I just snatched up a 5 inch and a 3 inch classic sonic. So, here are my thoughts.

5 inch, is perfect, it feels durable and it poses very well, despite only having thigh articulation. Its perfect, and the sonic toy i was owed years ago, *sniff* sucha happy day..

3 inch, pretty sweet, actually id theres any qualm with the 5 inch its his color, he actually seems to be a darker shade of blue. 3 inch seems to have the correct idea, the plastic feels nice, as far as quality, yet the joints suffer the same issue as jaz's earlier stuff, sadly Like not being able to twist his feet.. its a rubbery kind of plastic like metal, mistake there, but it doesnt ruin it. Over all very nice, but they seem to still have issues unfortunately.

The moto bug I personally love, if anything, Im just thankful we're finally getting badniks, and REAL badniks. His paint is simplistic, but I have no issue with that, its adds to the value of this 7 dollar toy. One of you mentioned how it feels? Its a full molded piece of plastic, its not hollow and cheap feeling, the only issue is the moto bug doesnt stand up so good, heh. But can be displayed well regardless.

Sure the nendroid might be the highest quality sonic figure anyones made yet, but for 10 bucks you simply cant go wrong with the 5 inch sonic. I got my 3 inch via gamestop, if anyone can avoid getting theirs at gamestop, Id advise to do so, because to put it blatantly, I paid the same exact amount for both figures....soupson.gif cheapass gamestop...

I know what you mean, Omnichronus. The color on the three inch figure looks a lot more accurate. The five inch Classic Sonic seems to have the same coloring as the Modern Sonic almost. I have a feeling that when I pick up the five inch Classic Sonic (or even the ten inch), it's gonna be a really special feeling, because I'll be holding what I wanted ever since I was a kid. :) I got that feeling with the three inch figure, actually, but as a kid, I would have preferred a five or ten inch figure. Also, the packaging on the three inch figures are great. I almost didn't wanna open them, because they would seriously look awesome displayed on a wall or something, especially because of the level pictures in the background. That's why I've decided to get two of each figure. -__- It almost feels like a total waste of money (and it kind of is), but I have no doubt that I'll be satisfied in the end when I have all of them hanging up on display. :D

Someone on Sonic Stadium brought up an interesting point regarding the typo on the Silver and Iblis Biter figure pack. Do you guys think the name was slightly altered because "Iblis" is the Islamic name of the Devil? Or is it just a careless typo? Jazwares usually corrects mistakes later on, so we'll see if the name gets changed or not.

EDIT:

sonicandrooftree.png

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FIGURE!!!!!111

That, and the fact that it's not in-scale are the only problems it has. Regardless, Rooftree the Tree on a Roof is looking good.

so basically these are SONIC GENERATIONS tie in toys right, look closely at the background of the cards and you see 2003 Knuckles has the stage from HEROES, C Tails has Chemical Plant, Silver has Crisis city, Eggman has the one from UNLEASEHED which are levels that have been confirmed to be in the game. even modern Sonic in the background you can see SPEED HIGHWAY, Shadow has City Escape. I only just noticed

As a matter of fact:

Classic Sonic - Green Hill Zone - Motobug

Classic Tails - Chemical Plant Zone - Grabber

Classic Robotnik - Sky Sanctuary Zone - Egg Robo

Modern Sonic - Speed Highway - Spinner

Shadow - City Escape - GUN Beetle

Modern Knuckles - Seaside Hill - Egg Pawn

Modern Eggman - Rooftop Run - Egg Fighter

Silver - Crisis City - Iblis Biter

Modern Tails - Planet Wisp - Sandworm

That's every main stage in Generations, a character from that year, and a badnik from that level. Way to drop Sega's ball Jazwares =P

By this analysis we can deduce that classic Metal Sonic will have Stardust Speedway featured in his packaging.

I know what you mean, Omnichronus. The color on the three inch figure looks a lot more accurate. The five inch Classic Sonic seems to have the same coloring as the Modern Sonic almost. I have a feeling that when I pick up the five inch Classic Sonic (or even the ten inch), it's gonna be a really special feeling, because I'll be holding what I wanted ever since I was a kid. :) I got that feeling with the three inch figure, actually, but as a kid, I would have preferred a five or ten inch figure. Also, the packaging on the three inch figures are great. I almost didn't wanna open them, because they would seriously look awesome displayed on a wall or something, especially because of the level pictures in the background. That's why I've decided to get two of each figure. -__- It almost feels like a total waste of money (and it kind of is), but I have no doubt that I'll be satisfied in the end when I have all of them hanging up on display. :D

Dood, I literally had dreams about a actual poseable sonic figure, a REAL...sonic toy. This did that and then some, the 5 inch. The color may be off, but it hardly deters its awesome. And again, for 10 bucks, I wont be complaining anytime soon. Yeah I got that magical soul searching feeling when I opened the 5 inch, the 3 inch was special too, but not like the 5 incher.

Nah I hear yah, I infact picked up the modern sonic with the spinner and have kept him boxed, Ive actually thought about doing the same thing. Waste of money? PSHaw, youve got the wrong perspective my friend, we're looking at a toyline thousands of sonic fans have wanted for years, buying multiples is infact an INVESTMENT in such case, I would say. In 30 years if you feel you can part with the boxed figures, sell em for 10 times the original price. Profit. Or keep em for your kids to sell, thats another aspect, I want to try to keep all my sonic stuff, its a fairly niche thing, and when im dead and gone my collection could help them pay off a house!

Also, I want more badniks, the moto bug was far greater than I thought hed be, preferably I want to see a buzz bomber, and a caterkiller, the other two most basic badniks. Sand worm doesnt cut it as a catekiller substitute.