New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

San Diego Comic Con started today and goes on until Sunday. I think there's still a decent chance we'll get some new news and maybe some shots of what's to come in August.

I just ordered the comic con exclusive Flocked 10" Sonic from Toys R Us.com. Apparently you can only order it while the convention is going on so everyone who wants it should check out TRU.com soon! :D

I'll pass, I already have 10" Sonic one, anyway. =/ Why get another one with special "fur" skin? Though, nice find!!

And, I've learned that big figures like 5" or 8 to 10" isn't my type, taking a lot of space up if I have a few of those. I prefer small figures of 3" to 4" anyway. And small figures have very large variety of characters and such, which I also prefer more. =]

Still, I am so going to buy every new 3" Sonic figure I see.

I'm gonna order the SDCC flocked Sonic today as well! Thanks for the heads up, TECHA! :D Are you gonna open him up or keep him boxed? I was thinking of keeping this guy boxed, as I already have the standard un-flocked version on my Sonic shelf.

I completely agree with you Comet. On a normal day, I only buy the 3" scale and for all the same reasons you mentioned. The only exception to that rule so far is the 10" Metal Sonic, which was a Christmas gift from a friend of mine (actually, THIS was my first Jazwares figure!).

But there's just something really cool about a figure that can be soft (as I imagine Sonic would be) without it having to be a plush (which for me never LOOK as cool). So I'm psyched to sit this guy next to my shiney metal, but after that, I'll be back to strictly 3 inchers and I too will be buying every single one :P

As for his box Clover, if it's in my house, I will have no self-control and I will absolutely open it up :P I was VERY close to ordering two, so that I could keep one in the box and put one on my shelf (seeing as I don't have the regular 10"). At the last minute, I decided only to order one Flocked, but I'm not 100% sure that I won't change my mind and go back to order another in the next two days o_0

If it was any standard Jazfig, I probably wouldn't be giving it so much thought, but the fact that I feel like this will be much harder to find later on makes me think I should strongly consider buying another . . .

Oh man Clover, picturing the SDCC logo on the box might have pushed me over the edge. I think I might order a second one now o_0

Thing is, I won't have room to display the boxed one, so it might end up in my attic. But at least I'll have it.

Oooooh, the wohs of being a collector . . .

Who'm I kidding, it's awesome :D

Well, I'm not ready to live on my own yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to have one room just for all of my Sonic/Mario stuff, like you said.

And I'm really somewhat tempting to give up big figures of Mario, Luigi, DK, Toad, and Yoshi, but I don't have receipt to return them. It's so stupid of me, isn't it? I learn from mistakes, though, I keep every receipt I obtain whenever I buy stuff, just in case if something pop up. I got this 10" Metal Sonic, and few weeks ago, I lost interest in owning it, and returned it with dad, and got the full refund, I was so lucky, honestly. That one was a defect, too. 10" Metal Sonic's thumb broke off. x_x And, not only that, 10 " Metal Sonic was the heaviest Sonic figure I've owned when I had him... Not worth it.

I don't wanna be rude but may I ask your age? I'm just curious because it seems like most of us here are in the 15 to 25 range. I'm 16 and I always thought that I was the only one relying on my parents and family to buy figures. X/

Does anyone else?

Nah, you're not the only one. I have to get help from my parents sometimes. Sometimes I buy on my own, but money isn't always there for me. Maybe I can get a job sometime down the road when high school is more comfortable. And Cloverdox, that's really cool that you want to find your own place (when you finish high school?) I wish you good luck.

Hey Mark, I'm strapped for cash, why don'tcha send that second one to me, I'll keep it in the box for ya ;)

Maybe we can take joint custody. I'll get the little guy on weekends, and you can take care of him during the week ;)

For the record, I DID end up ordering a second one last night. At first my suggestion to buy another made my girlfriend think I had passed on into an unhealthy level of collecting. But I eventually convinced her that it could be in an investment since I COULD sell it on ebay. "Could" being the operative word in that sentence of course ;) So when I get back from Maine next weekend, I should have two fuzzy blue guys waiting for me :D

Haha, look what I've done! And I know the feeling. A lot of what I have gets put away into storage. Quite a bit of it is Jazwares stuff, actually (re-releases, mostly). I'll be honest, when it comes to Jazwares Sonic stuff... I'm a bit of a hoarder. xD For whatever reason, I buy EVERYTHING they put out. Even the re-releases, which some people wouldn't bother with. I keep most of the paper inserts, and even collect some of the card backs of the packaging. It's mostly because I have this thing were I assume I'll regret not getting something later down the road because I'll have trouble finding it or something. It's no good, I know. :P Despite the fact that a lot of what I own gets put into storage, I see it as only temporary. I dunno where I'll be living in the future. For all I know, I'll find a place that will allow me to display everything! Even what was once in storage.

We are apparently kindred spirits Clover. The only thing that's kept me from buying the re-releases so far is that I'm pretty sure I'll have to buy them anyway to get the badniks in August. The only re-release I've gotten so far was Clear Espio. I justified that because the new release is more pink than purple and so I called it a different "phase" of Espio's camouflage. That caused a few raised eyebrows from the sane non-nerds in the room :P

But yes my current room is pretty small and I hope to have a bigger room in the house I eventually get, designated just for all my stuff to be displayed (my girlfriend likes this idea because it infers no toys in our bedroom, though I have by no means guarenteed anything like that :P)

I'm entering my third year of high school now myself and still have yet to work. Plus I have no allowance or anything, so I can't buy anything myself. Good to see I'm not alone though =P

Yeah, my parents buying me toys has ended long ago, unfortunately. Since high school I've actually been pretty much on my own in that regard, though they've always helped me in other areas (ie: a house to live in) so I guess in many ways that facilitates me being able to spend my own money on pieces of plastic :D

Thanks a lot, JS. I graduated from high school, actually, so I have my mind set on moving out already. Right now... more than ever. -___- You have no idea how ticked off I am at the moment. Due to a terrible storm, my whole basement flooded, and a lot of my stuff got ruined. The one that stands out the most to me is the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess store display. The bottom is completely soaked, and it doesn't look like I can fix it. >_< So, so, SO frustrated right now...

My dream is to move out to California. I want to be an actor and filmmaker, and I think I have a better shot of achieving this if I move out there. Sadly, I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon. Looks like I'll be stuck in Chicago for a little while...

I'm sorry to hear about your flood man. That's happened to me too (I lost a Lord of the Rings display). I'm glad I got too tall for the basement and had to move upstairs cuz floods can seriously ruin a collectors day. I hope you didn't lose too much! o_0

On a more lighthearted note, it appears our life goals are similar. I want to be a filmmaker too! And I've always thought about moving to California. Me and my girlfriend think we might do it one day, because (as you said) that's where the work is. It's a big step though, crossing the country and leaving everyone behind. For now, there are enough jobs in NYC to keep me going until we get up the guts to move out there. But it's cool to meet a like-minded filmmaker. One day maybe we'll make something together! :D And than when we make millions off of whatever we create, we can buy Jazwares figs for everyone at TNI! Woohoo!!!

Hey sorry to be a dirty double poster, but while we're on the topic of filmmaking, I just finished a new feature length comedy that I've uploaded to YouTube.

I'd love if you guys checked it out sometime! And let me know if we're funny or not! :D

Here it is:

It's not Sonic-related this time (unfortunately). It's a satirical story about the world's greatest Christian Rock band: "Teerz of Christ". I play the socially awkward Bass Player Nathan Incarnate:185118_591849886395_47401158_32727335_4270953_n.jpg223089_591849911345_47401158_32727337_6820142_n.jpg264198_591849956255_47401158_32727340_1686254_n.jpg283275_591757316905_47401158_32726013_3652276_n.jpg

Well, it's somewhat personal, but I'll explain.

I'm 21, but I can't drive... yet. Usually, I ask dad or mom to drive me to places. =/ And, I get 100 dollars monthly as "allowance" which is actually money that is sent by a very large group of people who support deaf and disability people. Oh but I always use that to buy Sonic figures or cool video game stuff, which is why I can afford them almost instantly. Whenever I get a job, I always save all of my "job money" into my saving account. Plus, I wanted to learn how to drive, after I finish high school first. Mostly because I obviously don't have time for driving lessons when I'm too busy with high school, and in the summer, I needed it for myself to chill. So I waited until I finish school first. I failed once in 5th grade (it was too hard that time, so I was forced to fail) and 10th grade (I was depressed and didn't care much about school.) so I have to stay in school for two more years until I turn 20, and finished high school last year, and I decided to take a year or two to chill before I get back to business in trying to get a part-time job with dad's help, and I hated school too much that it greatly effected my college decision; what if it is bad as school? What if there's some people that I may not like, and they are in same class as I am? What if it is too hard that I'm forced to fail again? Sheesh. Plus, it is possible to be successful without going to college, like Michael Dell, Bill Gates, Henry Ford, etc... However, chances are small, but it doesn't mean that it is completely impossible, so I'll keep trying my best!

And I can't bother going to college if I can't drive yet. But I'm not interested in college anyway. I can't also bother in getting a place for myself if I don't have a job to support myself, so that sucks.

Also, my dream is to become a good cartoonist that make good comic series with nice story and humor, (like old Looney Tunes show, or most of old Nick shows that have great story and humor) and I'm unsure in starting a animated show. I won't be alone if I want to start one. I still have a long way to go, but I'm already getting better and better in drawing cartoon, and I kept learning how to draw new things and better as I keep drawing and drawing.

I know that I'm not living the way like everyone else, but I don't want to live as a guy who work for a whole life until he dies, a guy with a purposeless boring life. Most of people could work from baby school to high school, enter college, JUST soon as high school is over is kind of bad idea in my opinions, because you'll likely have a hard time and barely have time for yourself to have fun, as you try to get a job, learn how to drive, trying to get a place to set in... Whooooa. And after college, you'll still need a job to continue support yourself, and by the time you get old enough, you retire, but you'll be either too weak or old to enjoy a lot of things in life, so you are screwed at that point.

Me? I'd like to live my way, and be able to enjoy things, while taking one important thing at a time. (Like, finishing school first, then learn to drive, then get a job, but not all at one time) and it's slow but I like it better so I get more time to have fun. I don't want to work my ass off until I die, I want to work but not ALL the time, I want to have fun too, everyone deserve to have fun once in a while.

Pretty crazy, huh?

I'm sorry if I come off as rude, but whenever I talk to you, I try to imagine being deaf. And frankly I can't comprehend it at all. Not a bit. I really hope that some point in the near future that they find a good way to give deaf people hearing. Sound is a wonderful beautiful thing and you all deserve to experience it. Like I said, I can't imagine life without it.

Mark joint custody sounds fine =P

Back to Little, I've myself always wanted to get into cartooning. Either that or voice over work. Oooor SEGA =D

Deaf people can get hearing aids, that goes on their ears, and it runs on super tiny batteries, I've tried hearing aids, but i hated them, I'm not used to how everything have a sound, I never knew opening/closing doors can be noisy... Hold the paper and swing it around creates noises too. I place a cup or plate down on hard surface, makes a noise that scare me a little every time.

Still, I really do love being deaf, though! It have many advantages (and some disadvantages but whatever lol) And after that post I made, I've been discussing things with my dad, I'm going to learn how to drive soon, sooner, the better, I guess.

Edit: Oh right, I almost forgot, I have aspergers' syndrome, too. Mostly affects my behavior and the way I speak online, and I tend to act like cheerful kid who love playing with figures, playing video games, no matter how old I am.

So, I'm a guy that is deaf with aspergers' syndrome. Pretty rare, isn't it? =/ I love being deaf, I do love having aspergers' syndrome. If it wasn't them, I wouldn't be myself like today. Honestly...

I have Aspergers too! Several ot my siblings do as well. Annnd my best friend. So I personally need no explanations. =P

Things are noisy, but when you get used to it it's good. Did you try Sonic games? =P

I sure do wish I knew everybody in this thread in person. You guys are the best =D

I have Aspergers too! Several ot my siblings do as well. Annnd my best friend. So I personally need no explanations. =P

Things are noisy, but when you get used to it it's good. Did you try Sonic games? =P

I sure do wish I knew everybody in this thread in person. You guys are the best =D

That would be cool. Some kind of reunion or meeting or something. And could you please explain to me what Aspergers is?

Also, I picture being deaf too. I love sound, but I can see how it can come across as irritating if you're not used to it. Haha I'm happy you enjoy being deaf though man. We all have things that make us unique. I definitely do not want to be rude at all. I am just very curious, because I've never met a deaf person before. Comet, how do you communicate? Do you use sign language or do you prefer lip reading?

Asperger's is like a high-functioning form of Autism. People with it have the same mental capacity as others, but tend to be... More.... Idk, more like a kid. People with it often have a few social issues like shyness, and social awkwardness. We Can also be very talented in one area and can gain an encyclopedic knowledge of it. (I have this with Sonic, some TV shows, and voice acting.

I'll admit, I haven't been diagnosed *yet* but several of my siblings have it, and from my research, I fit all the criteria as well. One of my sisters has that coupled with Down's Syndrome. Soo... Yeah. I really don't know how you can be diagnosed with both, but she was.