New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

SONIC GENERATIONS.

I think I'm going to need doubles of all the 20th anniversary Sonic merchandise coming out becuase it'll probably become extremely sought after down the road and I can make some $$$. Lol.

Nice trailer, Modern Sonic's gameplay looks like it did in Unleashed, Classic Sonic looks good too...but looks a bit strange in 3d...prehaps I am used to only seeing Classic Sonic as a 2d sprite lol.

Allthough I prefer the modern designs for all characters, its nice to see the classic style being used in this game...I hope it has classic Robotnik, Tails etc. in it as well.

Okay. I trust SEGA on this one. I will buy this without reading reviews. But if they screw me over....

For now though, IFIOFNJNAEIJBF&Q#@*&RT#%^@%%^*@E&*Y)GR^&(FG&YY SONIC GENERATIONS YESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!! AHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. I trust SEGA on this one. I will buy this without reading reviews. But if they screw me over....

For now though, IFIOFNJNAEIJBF&Q#@*&RT#%^@%%^*@E&*Y)GR^&(FG&YY SONIC GENERATIONS YESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!! AHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havent been "hyped" for a sonic games since before Sonic the disaster 06 came out. Even when colors came out I didnt allow myself to get super super "excited" but Sonic generations? Has me TORQUED like you wouldnt comprehend. Dammit....im hyped...

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched for this. I might not even wait for reviews either (WHY ARE WE ALL SO STUPID!?!?). But I might just get this the day it comes out. Please don't fail me SEGA!

I also love the modern character designs, but it would be VERY cool to see the old designs used again. I hope we see more than just Sonic though. Jazwares' classic models of Tails, Amy, and Robotnik bode well for that, I think ^_^

And Alex, I've been going back and forth to a town called Gillette in NJ. Since I finished work on the Marriage Ref, I've been working with a small team on producing our own web series and we shoot primarily down there. It's about an hour and a half each way every day (for no pay) but it's fun and it's coming out good so far so hopefully we can do something useful with it :P

Oh and the Target in Poughkeepsie is still completely devoid of any Sonic toys. They gotta hurry up so I can have a new toy isle to hang in. My local TRU might be getting sick of me :D

Ahh. I'm about a half hour away in Glen Ridge. It's near West Orange, Newark, Meadowlands Sports complex, etc. Everything is very accessible here which I love.

We're stupid because our love for Sonic blinds us. I seriously think SEGA is listening to EVERYTHING we want with this game though, and trying to deliver for us instead of trying to make money, the way it used to be. I mean Classic Sonic? Him being mute? DUBBED IN SEVERAL LANGUAGES? HUGE TOY LINE? They are going ALL OUT on this one and for once I am near definitely they will deliver!

I haven't been to any stores yet, but my aunt says she saw Sonic stuff at Target, so YAY! lol.

Also, today my friend Patrick here in NJ is taking my copy of Sonic Adventure 2 to this old game store in Bloomfield. (next town over). He's gonna see if they can fix it. Maybe they'll actually have a new copy though!

Sonic Generations June 23 folks? What do you guys think the release date will be?

Reading over previous posts and...wait, what? XBox 360 S-model?

I now feel even more out-of-tune with the news then I felt a minute ago.

xbox-360-s-250-gb-hard-drive-to-be-sold-separately.jpg

Nothing like a quick Google search. :P

And I think they said Sonic Generations will be out around the holidays, which doesn't really surprise me.

I dont think its confirmed yet but...I really hope Sonic gens is on a DISC. The sega blog post hinted at it being on a disc...but I have no clue. I did preorder sonic colors, but I was still skeptical the moment I put the disc in. Thankfully, not only did I get a frikken sweet sonic hat, but I was more than happy with colors.

Okay. personally, Sega is doing it right and wrong in my opinions...

Sega made Classic Sonic gameplay look good as original Sonic 3 + Knuckles. That's the "you are doing it right" part... but I kinda died a little inside when I saw Modern Sonic's gameplay... Look, Sonic's gameplay in Unleashed and Sonic Colors Wii was nice, but why that one AGAIN, out of all Sonic games? They should have picked gameplay of Sonic from SA2B... Hmph.

Also, that made me really wonder about something...

Why didn't THE HELL that Sega make it Classic Sonic for Sonic 4 Episode 1 instead of Modern Sonic? Then it could have became the real sequel of Sonic the Hedgehog games, just like Megaman 10.

Generations will have a physical release. It's been confirmed since the first teaser trailer.

Also, going back to the SA-style gameplay would be a step backwards. Unleashed-style gameplay works best, as it fixes issues with the SA-style, with the camera being one of the best examples. Toss all the nostalgia you have for Sonic Adventure 2 out the window and honestly say that that gameplay style works better than the Unleashed style. However, I do agree with what you said about Sonic 4. Looking at Generations brings up A LOT of questions about Sonic 4; like, why the hell was it even made?

Sonic Adventure 2 plays better than Sonic Unleashed. 'nough said there. Best of all 3D games hands down. I've never had any of these "camera issues" everyone complains about. I welcome your opinion though XD

If we're gonna split Sonic though, as I said, I'd make it in 3 parts, Classic, Adventure, and Modern. All 3 completely different styles for Sonic. Make ALL possible game fans happy. If only I worked for SEGA...

I loved the Daytime levels of unleashed and I suppose, if viewed from the angle that Sonic is all about speed, it's the sensible direction. That being said, I don't think the gameplay is BETTER than SA or SA2. They were a bit more exploratory and free-roaming, which I love. But perhaps that's not the direction they want for the blue blur.

I'm also a big fan of Sonic's supporting cast and I think he becomes far less interesting without them. I would maybe propose that Tails or Knuckles could have SA style gameplay in newer games, leaving Sonic free to go all out Unleashed. I think we lose a lot by not having the eclectic gameplay styles of the different SA characters.

But I guess if this game is all about comparing new and old, Sonic 1 and Sonic Colors were the obvious gameplay styles they would choose to replicate.

It would seem to make more sense if the game was released in the summer so it was actually an anniversary game. But holiday releases might make more money so who knows what they'll do. But it better be on a disc or I'm not buying it. I will be so pissed if they make this another download o_0

Personally, I like both styles (Adventure and Unleashed/Colors). Still, it's cool to see some different opinions

Good news though, Superchaos. It's been announced that the Sonic Adventure era is being covered (level-wise, at least), if you haven't heard already. I completely understand how you want the gameplay style to return, however.

o0o0o0o so the game will LITERALLY cover aspects of the whole series from Sonic 1 through Adventure through Colors? That would be fantastic. I'm very interested to see where this goes.

Maybe Nack the Weasel will appear in a Triple Trouble level! Oh man.

I had heard SonicHOG. Levels from all over the years. I'm trying though to think what Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 levels we'd get... I have no clue... Emerald Coast? Final Egg? I'd LOVE to see Crazy Gadget remade!!!!!

I would love to see Clasic Sonic outrun the City Escape GUN truck, myself (or the Orca from Emerald Coast, but that trick's being done in Green Hill with Modern Sonic out-"grinding" a giant Chopper (the piranha robot, if you're unsure what I mean)). That said, I agree that Crazy Gadget would be badass (especially with the "gravity switch" mechanics). Anyway, I think it'd be cool if there were unlockable characters (or DLC. Which ever works best) like Tails, Knuckles, Amy, etc. (Tails, Knux, and Shadow are at least making appearances in the game, according to an interview with Takashi Iizuka). Of course, I'm happily satisfied with the two Sonics (as the blue blur is my favorite character in the series).

Kinda seems like I'm the minority here, haha. If you guys prefer the SA-gameplay, that's cool with me. Even though I prefer the Unleashed-style, I still don't think it's perfect by any means... but I will admit that I think it's close to perfect. :P In my opinion, the only thing that really needs changing is the 3D sections. They're far too linear. If some 3D areas were a bit wider and offered more exploration ( like the SA-style gameplay), it would be even more amazing.