New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I think he meant video game characters, guys. :P

If we were including heroes and villains from things other than video games, my list would be A LOT different. :o But to be fair, most of the non-game characters you guys listed HAVE appeared in video games, though! :D

Could anyone tell me what's wrong with Sonic 4?

To be honest, I loved Sonic 4 a lot, but it should have been a completed game, though. It felt like a very short game...

Like, we could have 12 zones or more, playable Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, Super Emeralds (lol, they are badass, so why not?), and so on. I... I'll admit I didn't like how there's no speed bonus from rolling, that, and homing attack was kind of annoying, because there's some parts in zones that require you to use homing attack, other than that, I loved everything else!

Yeah I meant video games hahahaha :P if it was anything my list probably would've been a lot different. I also gotta add Kefka from FFVI somewhere on my list :/

Anyhow, I'm gonna need to find somewhere to try Sonic 4 episode 1. Need to get in on the action. I feel all left out and stuff :P haha

Oh so video game characters? Then minus all the non vidyah games characters and thats my list heh.

Wellll...about sonic 4. The boss battles? There have been boss "acts" before, so I wouldnt say thats a mark against it, well for me it isnt. The music? I suppose thats opinion too, but the physics? The physics are essentially Sonic rush, minus the rush. In sonic rush he plays Identical, he uncurls after a loop jump, momentum doesnt dictate where he lands (you spin dash, jump, and he flys in the old games. In rush, he stops half way unless you HOLD forward.)

And people complained about too many boosters, but that isnt a big deal to me personally. But in sonic rush it was more about fast gameplay and timing, their fun sonic games, and it was cool for them to try different things. They knew what they were doing with them, but they basically copy pasted the physics and took away the "rush", which being what sonic 4 is supposed to be, (uh, kinda a big deal for the series.) It was a lazy slap that #@$#@ together app game. The levels arent badly designed and its no a terrible platformer overall, but it isnt and for being SONIC 4 it should of been treated with more care. But they have more episodes to go, its not a complete game. So it should actually over all be a pretty large game, they just revisited old boss's for the first half, theyve already confirmed the next will not have old remixed boss's.

The music is such a wonderful part of the games. It's a shame you have to miss out on it =/

But yeah, like I said a few days ago, I had Sonic Advance for the longest time and didn't get to play it. When I did I raised the best Chao EVER, named Tonic. I moved him around between the GameCube and the GameBoy, but one time it failed and I lost him forever...

The one thing I didn't like about that game though, and pretty much all G.B.A. games is the way the music sounds. It just irritates me. I mean the music was good, but I dislike the capabilities of the sound on that system. Genesis was much better in my opinion XD

Hey, is anyone trying to win the Dreamcast Vinyl or the Dreamcast hoodie? I NEED THAT HOODIE! Like seriously, I'll die without it.

By the Way, my package should be coming tomorrow, at around 3 or 4 P.M. E.S.T. so I'll let everyone know about the Super Pack and my McFarlane figure! Yay! lol

Hey guys! Sorry to change topic but I wanna discuss this. I recently bought the latest release of the Super Pack, you know the one with the Cyan colored emerald instead of that stupid Orange one and I recommend that if any of you have the money and the opportunity to buy the pack then buy it! I'll explain why in my little review on the bottom.

Quality Control: The quality control on all 3 figures are drastically fixed! The original release had that flimsy, soft, weak plastic but now they have the more sturdy plastic that the Sonic Free Riders have. All the joints are tighter! My Super Sonic's knees are a bit loose but not too loose so it's not a big deal. Some of the elbows and Super Sonic's knee joints bend the other way too but also not that big of a deal, the point is the joints are overall more tighter, the plastic is more sturdy and the legs aren't flimsy, both feet on all 3 figures actually can touch the ground so they can stand right. Also all the pegs on the figures are in the sockets properly!

Paint: The paint like all Sonic figures from Jazwares isn't PERFECT but it is better and much less sloppy! The eyes are much better painted, as you know Sonic doesn't have the eye liner this time, The red paint on Shadow and Sonic is a very nice somewhat crimson color which is great! Shadow's gloves and shoes are better painted but still is white and yellow on the bottom of his shoes. Silver's shoes are better painted. They went back to the original light gray instead of that dark almost blackish gray color on the bottom of Silver's shoes. The only downside which is minor and can be easily overlooked is that Sonic and Shadow's shoes are now flat. Not glossy like the original release. Still the colors are much MUCH better anyways so oh well.

Chaos Emeralds: First off I like how they made the Cyan Emerald ACTUALLY Cyan and not just merely light blue! In my opinion, it is the most beautiful colored emerald of the bunch! AND it looks so much better with the group of emeralds than that GOD AWFUL Orange one! Also, I noticed the ALL the emerald colors now look more vibrant. For example, the earlier release of the Super pack, the red emerald looks like a see through, red orange emerald. Now the red emerald actually is like a crimson colored emerald! And the Clear emerald has a slight gray tint to give it a slight Silver look to it too which looks great! All the other colors just look more vibrant and they actually look more like jewels now!

Overall the figures are great! The emeralds are great! I recommend getting this latest release of the Super Pack because you won't be disappointed! Thank you so much Jazwares for fixing everything that needed to be fixed with the Super Pack!

Beat me to it. :P I too found a newer Super Pack today. The quality is FLAWLESS! Just like the Espio/Knuckles pack.

Way to step up, Jazwares. Very, very happy with these.

I am, if you'll forgive the pun, JAZZED about getting the new Super Pack! Thanks for the review Ess-Cee! When I get it, I'm going to keep my orange gem from the first pack so I can have all 8(!) from Sonic The Fighters.

BTW, I finally got Big the Cat and he can hold the ReSaurus Big's fishing pole pretty well!

Yep, Big can hold the ReSaurus fishing pole! :D Lucky for me, I somehow have two of those, so I can keep one for my Jazwares Big, and one for the ReSaurus one. "Jazzed up", huh? Hahaha, I think that's a term that I'm gonna have to use! :D

Also, not only can you pretend it's the 8th emerald from Sonic the Fighters, but it could also be the fake emerald Tails made in Sonic Adventure 2!

Okay, package came!!!

Super Pack: FANTASTIC quality control! I'm so happy they improved!!!!! Plastic is GREAT! Joints are Great! Nothing stuck at all! Figures all look great! Cyan Emerald too. Worth every penny!!!

Zach Parise: Very good. Stripes are completely missing from one of his socks though so this error'd version may be worth a pretty penny!!!

Okay, package came!!!

Super Pack: FANTASTIC quality control! I'm so happy they improved!!!!! Plastic is GREAT! Joints are Great! Nothing stuck at all! Figures all look great! Cyan Emerald too. Worth every penny!!!

Zach Parise: Very good. Stripes are completely missing from one of his socks though so this error'd version may be worth a pretty penny!!!

Where did you order yours from? The store here doesn't have any for the time being.

Yuppers. Only complaint was that they had UPS deliver it to the Post Office instead of right to my house. I probably would have gotten it 2 days sooner, but oh well. I don't even mind that they sent me a figure with a flaw even a blind person could see lol. It's gonna be a cool thing to have. McFarlane does not screw up that obviously very often. Now though I'm gonna have to drop another $15 on one I can open up lol

*EDIT* I actually did notice some EXTREMELY minor errors with my Super Pack:

Sonic had 2 left arms. You could tell because where his arm connects to his body, there is a sort of ball shape. It was facing outward on his right arm, so I could tell they were both left arms. All I had to do was clip away the elbow catch, and put one on the other side of the arm and he was fine. His left knee catch doesn't work, but this is an easy fix.

Shadow's right arm catch works, but it's easy to bend the arm backwards. Like I said, not that big a deal.

Silver's right knee catch has the same issue as Shadow's arm. With his right knee, they cut too far into his shin by a little bit and the catch doesn't work.

Again, minuscule issues, jazwares FINALLY has their Quality Control firing at all cylinders, and it couldn't have come at a better time! With this new ocean of figures coming up, it'd be a shame to see them screw it up!

SuperChaos (JAZHEADPINGASMASTOR....), good to know your Super Pack's in great shape.

For all its minor faults, at least your Super Sonic doesn't completely collapse most of the time. XD

Unless I get my Super Sonic figure (which is from the new pack as well) in the right pose (even on the base), it collapses like it had a stroke.

I assume it's because my S.S. is "double jointed" (knees go forward AND backward). :P Silver and Shadow are nearly perfect, though.

Thanks, and that's a fairly easy fix. You just need a pair of scissors of something, and you pinch and pull out the plastic where you want the catches to be. I did that for a few joints and it did wonders. I have these clipper things that I used, and I wanna get another pack so I can use them to cut the Emeralds to the 3.75 inch scale (the current ones actually work for the 5 inch scale quite well. I'm so glad that they are soft, solid plastic instead of the hard, hallow plastic that Toy Island used. Now I can actually cut through them lol

I'll try to get some pictures up if I can do that.

*EDIT* Who else thinks this topic deserves to be pinned? Lol

I have not seen any new Super Packs around my area. The only thing I see are the Espio/Vector comic packs. They seem to have become pegwarmers around my area. My local TRU had a bunch of Free Riders Sonics and all but one had sloppy paint apps. So I got it and I'm glad.

SuperChaos (JAZHEADPINGASMASTOR....), good to know your Super Pack's in great shape.

For all its minor faults, at least your Super Sonic doesn't completely collapse most of the time. XD

Unless I get my Super Sonic figure (which is from the new pack as well) in the right pose (even on the base), it collapses like it had a stroke.

I assume it's because my S.S. is "double jointed" (knees go forward AND backward). :P Silver and Shadow are nearly perfect, though.

Also becuase of his correct spikes the plastic in his head makes him super top heavy. I rectified this by superglueing the joints and moving the legs before the glue could set in.