New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Now that I think about it, you are right. Re-releases may also make people think they make their figures different and wierdish. That's what a lot of people thought when Jazwares put out those ugly Toy Island figures, but it helped people get a hold of it. Most Sonic figures look like trash compared to Jazwares awesome figures. (Although, I like First4Figures Classic Sonic figures.) On a lighter note, I like Super Mario Bros. I think it would be AWESOME if Jazwares could make Mario figures, or any other video game character for that matter, like Link.

That's something I say all the time! :D If Jazwares had the license to do Mario and Zelda... I'd probably be the HAPPIEST person on the planet. No joke.

The only real Zelda action figures are kind of rare and expensive now, and Mario... well... I love the Banpresto/PopCo stuff... but come on. Give us something NEW. Those same figures have been around forever. We want NEW figures. Not a million repaints of Yoshi. I'm starting to see them as the Toy Island of Mario toys. But seriously, it'd be amazing to have Mario and Zelda figures that are well articulated and in scale with the Sonic stuff.

While the sculpts from First4 are good, I don't like them, I don't get that "Classic Sonic" feel from them. Sonic characters had a more intense look to them back in the day. Both in the games and in the art. There's something they do wrong, but I just can't put my finger on it.

Yeah, I agree with you on this, that, and Classic figures are smaller than 3 inches figures by Jazwares, anyway. Take a long good look at First4Figures' pack.

horizontal.jpg

I think Metal Sonic is the only one that look right as one from Sonic CD, but everyone else look... well, something is missing, that's for sure. You are right, Knuckles might look right without the smile, he should have frown smile instead. Maybe Sonic isn't posing like he should in old time... You know, like "3" pose like he did on cover of Sonic 3 game, or peace sign pose. Super Sonic... they almost got it right, but something is missing, though...

Besides, we are getting classic Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/AmyRosy/Robotnik/Eggrobos/badniks this year, so yay!

Let's take a good look at our classic characters!

sonic-classic.jpgtailsclassic_4.jpgknuckl11.pngamy01_32.png

I tried to look for Super Sonic ones, but I couldn't find anything official, though.

So... yeah, I'm sure Jazwares will nail this. XD

Wait.... Did they ever give us a time date of when they'd release the figures? I just hope they make it a unified release over the u.s unlike when the first series came out. I had to wait two months for Toysrus to get the 3 inchers. I'm also pretty anxious for the Sonic Adventure figure since I loved the cartoon like style of the SA era, same goes for every other Sonic that's going to be released for the 20th anniversary line.

Edit: This got me thinking, why didn't they choose to make Chaose 0? Let's hope they make it later into the line.

Mr Amaro said around Fall 2011 for the anniversary line, but if thats all they plan to do/release from now till then then thats a looooooooooooooooong time without any figures. though ill admit the sonic universe comic pack will be out bout juneish and the classic sonic/amy be around sept ish. though rouge/omega/charmy/blaze/ others will be now till september i think

Mr Amaro said around Fall 2011 for the anniversary line, but if thats all they plan to do/release from now till then then thats a looooooooooooooooong time without any figures. though ill admit the sonic universe comic pack will be out bout juneish and the classic sonic/amy be around sept ish. though rouge/omega/charmy/blaze/ others will be now till september i think

That's... AMAZING that gives me time to actually get money to acquire the damn things! :P

Hell, I'd take out a loan to buy Jazwares toys on the spot. :P Seriously though, I stop by the Times Square TRU after work probably twice a week and than usually hit up the one near my house in upstate New York on the weekend, just in hopes of seeing something new (or at least something I haven't yet found, like the Super Pack or Sega Racing Tails).

If Jazwares put out a new figure once a week, I would absolutely buy each and every one.

Oh and love the avatar BleachXVizard! I'm wearing a shirt with the same logo on it right now! :D

Techaspike do you live near Times square coz I love NEW YORK i went there in christmas 2008 and stayed at the portland square hotel, which was awesome literally 2 minutes next to Times Square and the TRU store is 200 times better than the British one (nearest one is plymouth) but when I went in there its what like 4 floors? I got the 5/6inch werehog from there and brought it home :D.

I remember my dad who used to be with British Airways used to go N.Y regulary and went to SCWARTHZ and he remembered back in like 1987/8/9 when the U.K didnt really hear about the TURTLES yet but in America it was huge and he brought them home and I woke up in the morning with my bro and they were lined up on the table and my dad said that these are amoung the first in the country to be seen and i had to go school. But as soon as I got back man o man i spent all night playin with them.

Then in 2008 I went in there kinda weird like 20 years earlier my dad went in there bought something that the U.K didnt have yet, and then 20 years later I bring the Werehog home :). Awesome.

Meh, not when it comes to Sonic stuff =P

It is peeeeeerty cool though.

Also, sounds like the stores in Europe suck =/

You guys know that they are headquartered in New Jersey? Yay New Jersey!

I've been to Toys"Я"Us Times Square a couple times on my trips to NYC, but the last time I was there was before the Sonic line was released (October 2008).

Still, I agree it's an amazing store, especially compared to your average TRU.

I've meant to go to Nintendo World so many times, but I always end up not going. I used to live 10 miles away from N.Y.C., a 10 minute drive from the Meadowlands, I got to see the Jets, Giants, Nets, Devils aaaall the time when I as little. I really miss North Jersey lol. I hate the image that Jersey Shore has created for New Jersey. Everyone makes fun of it and acts like everyone from Jersey is like that. Most of those people aren't even from NJ anyway .../rant

Aanyway, very good place to live, next to N.Y.C., lots of sporting venues and a Toys Я Us every 10 miles! lol

Hey LeeSeymore! I actually live about an hour north of NYC, but I work in the city and stay at my girlfriend's house in the bronx most weekdays, so I get to take advantage of the fun NYC TRU :D It is probably the coolest Toys R Us I've ever seen (maybe in the world) as far as it's layout. There's always 10 billion things to look at as you walk through. The Willy Wonka Candy Shop! The Ferris Wheel! The giant T-Rex. Fun stuff.

Lately, I mostly just head straight downstairs to the video game department where they keep their "collectibles" though. But it's awesome to meet a fellow Sonic and Turtles fan from across the way! :D Sorry it's so difficult to get them over there though! I thought it was hard enough here. But maybe with Jazwares new team-up with TOMY, it'll be a little easier for you when the next wave comes through ^_^

And Superchaos, the Sonic display has actually gotten much better at Times Square! They have a whole display bay just dedicated to Jazwares Sonic Toys and than almost 1/2 of the bay next to that has more! Unfortunately, they're generally lacking in the 3.75" figures, which are the only ones I collect. But they have lots of 5" Sonic Colors, Sonic Unleashed, and Black Night figures. Also a LOT of the 1.5" racers.

They have a few 3" Knuckles w/ Quad Racers and some of the Big/Froggy & Eggman/Metal packs too, but unfortunately I already have those.

I don't know if the lack of 3" is really their fault though, since the Toys R Us in my home town has very few as well. A few racing Knuckles and one or two Chaotix Comic Packs. Maybe Jazwares isn't sending them out as much for some reason?

But credit where it's due, I would not have a 3" Jet the Hawk if it wasn't for the Times Square TRU. I bought him the one time I saw him and I haven't seen him there or anywhere else since!

I think people forget about that figure a lot. He's really awesome. He looks perfect. Hope they make Wave and Storm too! And if they do, I hope Storm is roughly the size of Big the Cat, cuz he towers over the other Rogues in all their Riders promo art ^_^

I've meant to go to Nintendo World so many times, but I always end up not going. I used to live 10 miles away from N.Y.C., a 10 minute drive from the Meadowlands, I got to see the Jets, Giants, Nets, Devils aaaall the time when I as little. I really miss North Jersey lol. I hate the image that Jersey Shore has created for New Jersey. Everyone makes fun of it and acts like everyone from Jersey is like that. Most of those people aren't even from NJ anyway .../rant

Aanyway, very good place to live, next to N.Y.C., lots of sporting venues and a Toys Я Us every 10 miles! lol

And Superchaos, I totally hear you on the Jersey Shore front. As an Italian, with many friends who live in NJ, I'm offended on two levels by how borish and ignorant those two demographics are represented. But then again, they DO exist so I guess it's no one's fault but their own.

Hopefully people don't think we're all like that though. We'll just have to prove them wrong ^_^

Oh and I just googled Nintendo World, cuz I had somehow never heard of it before. OMG I can't believe I've never stopped by there. More of a Sega guy myself, but I'll definitely have to take a trip over there one day :D

Yeah, I've made it clear I'm about SEGA myself, again, I owned nothing but a Genesis, Saturn, or Dreamcast until like 2000. 6 years lol.

But yeah, there ARE some people like that in NJ, but we aren't all like that. I mean I have mostly Italian ancestry but I am nothing like that.

You know what? I'm starting to realize just how rabid people at school are.... I get called a Jersey Shore Guido every day (even though I am not a Guido, and those people probably don't know what one is). I'm not even from NJ, I was born in Poughkeepsie, NY, I just lived in NJ for a long time and everyone says "Oh, your still one because you lived there lolol."

These people do whatever they can to put me down, it amazes me. Ya know what? I'd rather live in Jersey and be a Guido! At least people in NJ were respectful and nice, and not a bunch of expletives. Eff these people and their stereotypes!

VIVA LA NJ! VIVA LA SONIC!

YES! Sega systems all the way. Yeah I after the Atari, I went from Genesis to Saturn to Dreamcast. Then when I had no other Sega options, I picked the new guy in town: XBOX. I know it's kinda silly, but at the time I was blaming the appearance of PS1 for the death of Sega, so I refused to buy a Sony system.

But I always had a little place in my heart for the Nintendo guys too (as my signature suggests). Just not as big a place as I had for Sonic ^_^

But yeah, don't let the haters get to you. Brush 'em off and they'll move along eventually.

Pougkeepsie though, that's crazy. I went to college about 10 minutes away from Poughkeepsie, at SUNY New Paltz. And even before that I was taking trips up there from my hometown to the Dragon's Den comic and game shop with my friends.

What a small Sonic world we live in :)

Don't even get me started on Jersey Shore...

Anyways, when I was growing up, I was always a Nintendo kid. To be more specific, I was Nintendo/Sonic. :P I had both Nintendo and SEGA systems growing up. PlayStation as well (this is what I would spend all my birthday money on. :P) I prefer Nintendo mostly because it has so many great games. SEGA had good ones too that I liked, but the only one I really loved was Sonic, while Nintendo had a bunch of franchises that I loved.

I believe the first Nintendo game I ever played was Pokémon Stadium. Eventually I got Mario Party 2 and fell in love. Best Mario game ever =P

Anyway, I'm not sure how long I lived in Poughkeepsie, it was when I was first born. My cousin lives there though so I make the trip down there every once in a while. I have even more family in NJ, and my best friend, (Bloomfield, Glen Ridge, really close to Newark, Edison, the Oranges, East Rutherford, etc.) so I'm there much more often. I'm currently living in Amsterdam NY, but my parents have been talking about a possible move to Florida, which would be TERRIBLE for me! I LOVE the Tri-State area, and I plan on living there when I grow up.

The Sonic world is indeed small, at least for us East Coasters XD

*EDIT* What do you see when you look next to Eggman in these shots from Sonic Unleashed?

Sonic_Unleashed_Dreamcast_cameo_1.png

Sonic_Unleashed_Dreamcast_cameo_2.jpg

I believe the first Nintendo game I ever played was Pokémon Stadium. Eventually I got Mario Party 2 and fell in love. Best Mario game ever =P

Anyway, I'm not sure how long I lived in Poughkeepsie, it was when I was first born. My cousin lives there though so I make the trip down there every once in a while. I have even more family in NJ, and my best friend, (Bloomfield, Glen Ridge, really close to Newark, Edison, the Oranges, East Rutherford, etc.) so I'm there much more often. I'm currently living in Amsterdam NY, but my parents have been talking about a possible move to Florida, which would be TERRIBLE for me! I LOVE the Tri-State area, and I plan on living there when I grow up.

The Sonic world is indeed small, at least for us East Coasters XD

*EDIT* What do you see when you look next to Eggman in these shots from Sonic Unleashed?

Sonic_Unleashed_Dreamcast_cameo_1.png

Sonic_Unleashed_Dreamcast_cameo_2.jpg

Old news is old. xD

Not only does he have a Dreamcast, but he also has a copy of the NiGHTS sequel and "Eggman Adventure"