New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Woo!! And yes, Superchaos. That sig is a lot better now! Hahaha. :D

Also, when I look at the 5" Sonic, it doesn't really remind me of anything. It just feels like a generic Sonic to me. 3" reminds me a lot of the Unleashed model, and the 10" one reminds me of the 2010-2011 artwork. You know which figure actually reminds me of the 2006 Sonic? The first re-release Jazwares put out of the TI Sonic Super Poser (before the eyes and paint were improved)

IMG_2040.jpg

That there is just scary. I had the Toy Island one along with Shadow. They were such terrible figures, all floppy and loose, Sonic's hand came apart after one pose. LOL. I prefer the 3 inch figures. They are the absolute best.

Those wacky eyes return!!

sonic_free_riders_sfr_figures_figurines_ny_toy_fair_header-620x250.jpg

Oh no! Hahaha, and I remember those Shadow and Knuckles figures. They were on Toy Globe a while back listed as "Sonic X Megabot Series 2". All the same characters as series 1, only a lot uglier. And two mouths? lol Glad those never saw the light of day...

Oh. They suck at Sonic eyes then =P

I never understood why it was so difficult for every company to make an accurate Sonic figure up until 2008. It seems like everyone's sculpts have been spot-on since jazwares got the license. STRANGE ISN'T IT?

Oh and by the way, I want your "Omm nom nom" shirt... I've seen it before, and it'd be awesome to have lol.

I could barely beat Devil Doom with Action Replay lol (I really wish my brother hadn't broken my Action Replay...). Needless to say, I'm a much better Sonic gamer now.

Black Doom = win for having the same voice as Funimation's Goku.

You know, us Dragon Ball fans have a voice debate of our own. I prefer Funimation. (they were very good in games like Budokai Tenkaichi and Raging Blast, that's when Linda Young was at her best as Frieza. I'm looking forward to seeing how Chris Ayres will progress in the future.)

I also prefer Gohan and Bulma's original Funimation voices, but yeah. I always seem to prefer what I grew up with voice-wise.

*EDIT* One ironic thing about the whole Sonic voice debate: Ryan Drummond, the original English game voice (not counting the Sonic CD one-liner), is a mime. Yup, he's a mime. Mime's are silent, like Sonic was before this whole thing happened.

Woo!! And yes, Superchaos. That sig is a lot better now! Hahaha. :D

Also, when I look at the 5" Sonic, it doesn't really remind me of anything. It just feels like a generic Sonic to me. 3" reminds me a lot of the Unleashed model, and the 10" one reminds me of the 2010-2011 artwork. You know which figure actually reminds me of the 2006 Sonic? The first re-release Jazwares put out of the TI Sonic Super Poser (before the eyes and paint were improved)

IMG_2040.jpg

Are you saying it's like the 06 model because it's ugly, or does it actually remind you? Personally, I don't think it resembles anything. It looks like an empty shell whereas the jazwares figures have life in them.

Here's a combination of what I want to see and expect to see:

1998 Sonic: Re-issue of current Sonic.

2001 Sonic: Maybe a re-issue with SOAP shoes, and an extra dot of whit paint on the eyes, like they had in Sonic Adventure 2.

2001 Shadow: New sculpt, shorter, chubbier, a bit of a facial restructure, it more like our current Sonic.

2006 Silver: Not much to change, either re-issue or make him a bit bigger, like in Next-Gen

2011 Sonic (if there is a 3.75 inch scale): A bit leaner and taller, quills a tad different, more like our current Shadow.

It seems like our current Sonic IS 1998 Sonic to me.

A taller Silver and shorter Tails would fix the scale issue. I kinda hope Jazwares remolds Tails' well tails. Would be cool if they molded them in a propeller type pose to we can pretent he is actually flying or something. I would so get a Soap Shoes Sonic.

Those SOAP shoes seem to be pretty difficult to find unless you order them through the website though (at least around me). I went through 3 pairs when I was in high school (after SA2 came out). First pair, I had to drive an hour to get. By the time I was ready for the 2nd pair, even that place had stopped carrying them and my subsequent pairs had to be found online.

I've stopped wearing them since then, just because price and availability was getting tough. But I still look back on those days fondly ^_^

Sorry about all of the posts, guys! (I never knew there was an edit feature, lol.) I would KILL for SOAP shoes Sonic, at any scale really. I don't know if it is a good idea or not, but what if for 1998 (Sonic Adventure) Sonic they did a re-release of the Resaurus figure? Just a random guess though. I ordered a Resaurus Sonic not to long ago. And I finally found a Super Pack!! But it was the older one, but I just want a Super Pack, so I bought it.