New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I'm holding off on Colors in the hopes that it comes out for the 360 (my sister owns the Wii and I'd rather not have to borrow her system again to play it). So I haven't gotten to play through with the new actors.

But I have checked them out on youtube and what I heard was a vast improvement over the previous voice actors. Which is good because they've sounded horrible for most of their speaking lives.

I think people who complain about Sonic's annoying supporting cast are actually complaining about the horrible dialogue and voice acting. If they were well-written and sounded cool, there would be no argument over their awesomeness.

If there's any one positive to the otherwise disconnected medium of comic books, it's that you didn't have to hear Vector's obnoxious voice.

I also noticed that in Dark Brotherhood for the DS. Even BIG THE CAT was a likeable character. All it takes it some good writing :)

And some good (or nonexistent) voice acting ;)

Vector's voice has been terrible to meh since Shadow the Hedgehog. Sonic is an improvement. Omega sounds a bit deeper, but good, Big sounds strange but I need to hear more. Knuckles sounds very similar, but younger. Tails is better. I don't like Amy's new voice much. Or Shadow's. Rouge is an improvement.

Still, original cast wins hands down overall.

***NOT THAT I HAVE TO WRITE THIS ON THIS FORUM, BUT THESE ARE ALL FROM MY POINT OF VIEW***

Lessee, the scaling I'd expect them to use would roughly have to be 24-27 inches long, 8-10 wide, 6-12 tall. While not impossible, I'm curious as to how much they'd charge for that.

I'm trying to do the math, but I'm having trouble with the Scaling Sonic X gives us (It seems way off)

The figures are 10.4 times smaller than the real characters (using Sonic as a baseline, and going with the listed 3.75 inch figure hight.) According to Sonic X, the Biolizard is about 64 feet tall (sounds too tall to me), that's 768 inches. Divide that by 10.4 and you get about 74 inches. That's over 6 feet tall! Stand that next to Sonic and it'd look waaay to big! I'm gonna have to look at the game and calculate the dimensions like that (Why you might ask? Because I am O.C.D.ing about this right now lol)

*EDIT* If you look at the game I'd say Shadow is roughly between 1/15 and 1/16 the hight. Biolizard is bigger than I remembered lol. Still, that's nearly 5 feet tall, and that's gonna have to be a fan project if we want to see it proportionally scaled. I'll go look at some more game stuff and get more numbers.

TechaSpike I assume ure in America? Anyone here ever read the Fleetway Comics? some of you may not know that in the first 10/15 issues a certain Mark Millar wrote for the comic, Yep the same Miller who wrote 'THE ULTIMATES - KICK-ASS - NEMISIS - KICK - ASS: BALLS TO THE WALL etc. He was quite young as well.

Yes, I am in America and I had in fact heard about Millar writing for the Fleetway books, though I sort of forgot about it. I may or may not have some of his issues now. I probably have about 25 scattered issues of that series so far but I wanted to wait until I had a decent amount before I started reading them. But I am looking forward to see Millar's take on Sonic. It's funny because he's usually very violent and inappropriate in his Marvel comics so I'm interested to see him writing what was generally considered a kids book.

Big fan of the Ultimates though. And lets not forget his famous Civil War mini :)

Thank you! I am looking forward to the new Sonic Through Time line. Classic Sonic looks awesome! Also, I have a tip for people looking for Sonic stuff. I went to Marshall's yesterday, and I bought a Super Sonic Super Poser. There were about 2 of them there along with Sonic and Sega All Stars racing RC figures of Sonic and Knuckles. Also, they are about 3 dollars cheaper than Toys "R" Us.

Clover, that's one of my favorite lines from that game lol!

But yes, welcome!

By the way, my post about the Biolizard, I actually had not finished, I was editing it, but fell asleep lol. It should have said:

"Lessee, the scaling I'd expect them to use would roughly have to be 24-27 inches long, 8-10 wide, 6-12 tall. While not impossible, I'm curious as to how much they'd charge for that.

I'm trying to do the math, but I'm having trouble with the Scaling Sonic X gives us (It seems way off)

The figures are 10.4 times smaller than the real characters (using Sonic as a baseline, and going with the listed 3.75 inch figure hight.) According to Sonic X, the Biolizard is about 64 feet tall (sounds too tall to me), that's 768 inches. Divide that by 10.4 and you get about 74 inches. That's over 6 feet tall! Stand that next to Sonic and it'd look waaay to big! I'm gonna have to look at the game and calculate the dimensions like that (Why you might ask? Because I am O.C.D.ing about this right now lol)

*EDIT* If you look at the game I'd say Shadow is roughly between 1/15 and 1/16 the hight. Biolizard is bigger than I remembered lol. Still, that's nearly 5 feet tall, and that's gonna have to be a fan project if we want to see it proportionally scaled. I'll go look at some more game stuff and get more numbers."

Thank you for all of the warm welcomes! I feel right at home with Sonic nerdyness.(Is that even a word?) Also,SC2585JAZHEADPINGASMASTOR, I am sorry to hear you get made fun of at school cause you like Sonic.To be honest, I don't get made fun of because a lot of people at my school like Sonic. But, it makes me sick that all people talk about is "Call of Duty! Call of Duty!"

I'd like to thank everyone as well for their support about school lol.

Sonicmario, you can just call me Superchaos or Superchaos2585 (I just changed my name like yesterday, and I don't wanna make everyone enter this giant name)

I know whatcha mean about Call of Duty as well...

I really like how we've gotten this influx of new members since the announcement of the "Through the Years" Line, it just goes to show how many people grew up during Sonic's good years and like the nostalgia. These things will sell INCREDIBLY I think.

I'm actually very curious as to how the Sonic stuff is selling. My guess is that it's currently Jazwares' highest selling series. :P I really wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I sure do wish they sold Sonic figs places other than TRU. The one I go to was SO far away, and they almost NEVER restock. I hope to see a Super Pack, only to see those little Racing cars. My friend said he saw a 3 inch Sonic at Kmart, but they are not there anymore. The guy there said "They are out of season, you know?" Out of season? Wow.soupson.gif

Its cool you have the Super Pack, Clover. I break my back looking for it. It's always out of stock, its even out of stock online. I dont think of going to Amazon or Ebay because they are 75 dollars!! I don't mind single releases like Super Shadow, but I need the Chaos Emeralds.

Wow, that's a huge ripoff. The pack is currently on eBay for a little more than double the retail price... Which isn't THAT bad. Way better than $75. -.- But you never know. The pack MAY get restocked eventually. And if not, I'm sure we'll see the Chaos Emeralds again (maybe with all the correct colors this time. :P)