New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Wow.

G.U.N. Beetle will totally make a good figure. XD

I look forward to 2001 Sonic package! I seriously hope that they will go with Soap Shoes Sonic... I look forward to Eggrobos as well... Wow. This is definitely going to be GREAT year... Oh, and I got the same McDonald's Sonic toy as my first Sonic toy. I still have it. XD

Hmm. Classic Sonic & Classic Amy + Issue 226... Will it come out when Issue 226 normally come out? *groans* That will be obviously a long wait... We are certainly on Issue 221, and Issue 222 is on March 8, 2011... That might take a long while. I'm guessing that some new figures are still in make, so... That's okay, Shadow+Silver comic pack have Silver Saga, right? Well, that's for February 22, 2011, which isn't too bad. Although we already have Shadow and Silver, that would explain why they are expected to come sometime soon. =/ Huh...

Well, that's okay, it will be so worth it.

What are you most excited for?

For me, I'm excited for:

2001 Sonic + Sonic Adventure Badnik

Classic Eggman + Eggrobos

Classic Sonic&Amy comic

G.U.N. Beetle

Blaze the Cat

Mighty (If it happens.)

Joe talks about upcoming lines

FIVE PAGES OF SONIC PHOTOS

My reactions:

• FRAG YEAH SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4! I'm gettin Juri AND Dudley :D :D :D
  • everything's coming out in the fall, which means we'll likely see Rouge/Wave/Blaze/Charmy before then.
  • We ARE getting Classic Knuckles

Sorry, can't type coherently, too stoked about the SSFIV stuff. Now where's that blasted Fry image

Viewed those today during class. It sucks that the smaller classic sonic doesn't have knee joints, but at least the larger one does.

Actually, it looks like he does:

DSCN2185.JPG

If you look closely near the area where the leg meets the shoe it looks like he has some kind of joint or some kind of line.

Back when I lived in Britain, I got a few sonic toys from the happy meals there at Mcdonald''s I specifically remember it was classic sonic with an orange cloud of dust behind him and you'd push a button on the cloud and he'd spring out and fly across whatever surface you had him on. He had little wheels underneath him. Oh that's wayyyyy back.

Ah, I remmeber that figure! I pushed it around wishing it was a real action figure. Pretty much the only Sonic I thought I would ever get, back then!

Anyway, I've been clicking back to see what's been going on, since Jazwares apparently wasn't a focus on anyones Toy Fair photos (unless they didn't do much). VERY cool to hear about the classic style figures. I hope there's a Metal Sonic in there somewhere, and maybe the classic style will include Mecha Sonic, someday. I saw a recently list of thier Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat stuff, which sounds cool; hopefully they look cool as well. Was there any news about Mega Man yet?

No lol, way back a couple years ago when jazwares got the rights for Sonic, they had a few 3 inch prototypes. The very first ones only had the same articulation as the T.I. figures. Somewhere in production they decided to add the other joints.

Yeah, I remember those. I thought you guys meant they don't have articulation like them and may have the same future and get articulation after all :P 

Well, Classic Sonic have shorter legs than modern Sonic does... So, it makes sense that he have less articulation. xD

Besides, have anyone seen new plushes, like Tails and Silver by Jazwares? They look awful as Shadow, Sonic, and Weresonic plush by Jazwares. *groan* Oh well, I still have huge plush versions of Sonic, Tails, Shadow, Silver, Super Sonic, and Knuckles. I got them from six flags place. :P

Also, as this goes on during 2011, while we are getting new figures, I hope we will get more badniks in future... I mean... Who wouldn't want more baddies from Sonic 3, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and so on...? =) For me, I'd love to have all of G.U.N. robots from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, I just love them all! XD

You know, we still haven't gotten Omega, E-102, Emerl, Zero, or any robot character (except Metal Sonic) for that matter. Maybe someday, we could get a pack of E-102 with E-101 and E-103, or something like that, you know...? Since there's a pack of modern Eggman with Sonic Unleashed robots, and classic Eggman with Eggrobos, so it is possible.

I think our chances of seeing Mighty as a figure are about the chances that we see him in a new game. Idk, maybe we'll get comic stuff, but most of it will probably be a non-buy from me if we do.

I'm looking forward to everything from them this year by the way. =D

Hey, long time stalker of this forum, first time writer :P

I too am SUPER excited about the new announcements. However, a part of me is slightly dissapointed to have not heard about the new characters previously hinted at (Rouge, Blaze, etc). For me (though I agree with everyone that the sculpts are great) it was the supporting cast that got me into this toy line. When I saw Espio and Vector on a shelf a few months back, I was hooked and I went back and found all the more prominent characters.

Since Resaurus kicked off legitamite Sonic toys, I found myself always buying Sonic/Tails/Knuckles from each company that got the rights to make them. Occasionally you'd get the 2nd tier Shadow/Amy/Eggman figures but all in all I was getting sick of having 6 different versions of the same 3-6 characters.

The variety is what makes this line so amazing. I'm psyched for these classic remakes of the big 5, even more psyched for the new badniks (particularly EggRobo), but I hope they don't forget about the rest of the animal cast.

And some Archie comic characters like Sally, Bunny, & Geoffrey would only make the toyline even more unique. I for one, would buy every single character, whether it be Sega or Archie ^_^

Except Chip. I won't buy a Chip toy ;)

I think our chances of seeing Mighty as a figure are about the chances that we see him in a new game. Idk, maybe we'll get comic stuff, but most of it will probably be a non-buy from me if we do.

I'm looking forward to everything from them this year by the way. =D

Hey, long time stalker of this forum, first time writer :P

I too am SUPER excited about the new announcements. However, a part of me is slightly dissapointed to have not heard about the new characters previously hinted at (Rouge, Blaze, etc). For me (though I agree with everyone that the sculpts are great) it was the supporting cast that got me into this toy line. When I saw Espio and Vector on a shelf a few months back, I was hooked and I went back and found all the more prominent characters.

Since Resaurus kicked off legitamite Sonic toys, I found myself always buying Sonic/Tails/Knuckles from each company that got the rights to make them. Occasionally you'd get the 2nd tier Shadow/Amy/Eggman figures but all in all I was getting sick of having 6 different versions of the same 3-6 characters.

The variety is what makes this line so amazing. I'm psyched for these classic remakes of the big 5, even more psyched for the new badniks (particularly EggRobo), but I hope they don't forget about the rest of the animal cast.

And some Archie comic characters like Sally, Bunny, & Geoffrey would only make the toyline even more unique. I for one, would buy every single character, whether it be Sega or Archie ^_^

Except Chip. I won't buy a Chip toy ;)

Welcome! I know exactly what you're talking about, too! I would always bring that up. Most of the Toy Island figures that came out were pretty much different versions of the same characters. You have regular versions (like, four of them), versions with weird space armor and a helmet... versions with different colored space armor and no helmet... it was getting very old. Despite getting a great range of figures before the Vector/Espio pack, it was that pack that made me fully realize how great this line really is. Back with the Toy Island figures, I could only dream of having figures of the Chaotix. I sound like a broken record, but hell, all of these are figures I would have killed for as a kid! They're that great. And with every new announcement, this line just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks for all the kind welcomes! But yes, it was definitely the Vector / Espio pack that renewed my lost faith in Sonic figures. Those space suits. Ugg. I took one look and walked away :P

Also agree that chip would have to be an accessory.

Which is still no guarentee that I wouldn't just throw him out and keep whataver characer he came with.

I am in love with all things Sonic INCLUDING Sonic Unleashed, which many didn't care for. But that little guy is the most annoying creature ever and I will not have him on my shelf.

Then again, do I have the heart to throw out a beautifully sculpted Jazwares Sonic Toy? Probably not :P

Hi!

Is there a name for Sonic fans?

Like for Masters of the Universe fans it's He-Fans or Star Trek fans it's Trekkies or Trekkers.

Do we have one?

Just got back from New York ToyFair, Jazwares was not showing but I was at the booth of one of our distributors Zoofies.

http://www.zoofies.com/

I was helping them out talking about some of our new products, like Sonic!!!

I spoke to Jay from ENI, they have some good photos:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=288&itemid=16928

Pixel Dan stopped by to chat you can see the videos below.

Direct link to our Jazwares photo album:

http://popculturenetwork.com/mediagallery/album.php?aid=719&page=1

Interview with me:

http://popculturenetwork.com/article.php?story=20110215112047736

Thanks,

Joe