New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Holy balls, I've been gone since october/november ish cause of so much school work and all of this happens.... I need someone to give me a quick recap of what's going on with classic figures and everything after the super pack and the big the cat pack.

Edit: scratch that, I just looked at nearly everything myself.

I recently saw something on the SSMB forums that wasn't too big, but would still count as something new. Apparently we might be getting 3 new comic packs, though they aren't any new characters. I'm not sure if this is the US or the Canadian version.

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item1e617c833c

The first one is apparently an Espio and Knuckles pack. But look at the second picture and you'll notice that there are two new ones near the bottom: A pack containing Shadow and Silver, and a pack containing Tails and Clear Blue Sonic (which was only previously packaged with Knuckles.) I'm guessing the Shadow and Silver pack would be the one that we saw in the recent pictures, since it's packaged with the Silver-themed Sonic Universe comic.

I am sort of disappointed that Jazwares wouldn't take advantage of adding new characters the comic packs in order to generate more sales (since one would pay for the new figure PLUS the price for the older figure and the comic), but I guess it would be a good way to snatch up more popular characters that aren't as widely distributed, especially ones like Shadow and Silver. Plus, those who are aiming to collect every single figure will have a second chance to pick up the now-rare Clear Blue Sonic if they missed him during the very first run.

Those don't represent new comic packs. They don't have the series label on them.

Hey Bleach, I actually noticed the steady lack of you and RockSteady. We've all been busy lol. So how've you been?

This is what I get for trying to get a teaching degree lol I've been stalking this thread though, so I'm some what up to date. I'm ssssuuuuppppppeeeeerrrrr excited for the classic Sonic figures. I like the newer designs, but I grew up playing the Genesis games (who else here can remember blowing cartridges? Or did I totally just make myself seem really old? Should I start saying whippersnappers now too?) so I naturally love the designs due to nostalgia and other trivial things. But I digress. Toy Fair starts tomorrow right? Any news of when Jazwares shows off their lovely products?

All's been going good. I'll probably get back into action figures but I've been saving up for my "Fairlady Z" to restore and drive around. I'm into old muscle and japanese sports cars and the Z line is my favorite, so the car is going to run me around 8,000 dollars total for restoration and upgrades that I'll be working on until my senior year in high school. Action figures can cost alot of money when it's all added up together so I'll have a hard time buying the sonic ones....

Amaro/Jamaro, if you're still reading this forum, can you tell me what's the deal with shipping to Australia? We had the EBgames Werehog promotion with Sonic Unleashed a couple of years ago, then a month after that a heap of five inch black knight figures and werehogs showed up in toysRus, but next week they were gone. Then, every second or third time I went to toysRus I would find one or two werehogs on a shelf. Then just a few weeks ago I found 3 inch Tails. What is going on? Why can't we just get what everyone else gets? It's not much of a 20th anniversary if only the Americans get to enjoy it.

I've seen a shirt around, it said "BLOW ME" and it had a picture of a game cartridge lol. You're not as old and decrepit as you might think, I remember having to do that too. Still have to when I play it. Also, am I the only one here who tapes the cartridge to the console so it doesn't screw up? I also taped together my current copy of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. ( The Sonic the Hedgehog 3 part is sensitive, and is also broken somehow because it won't let me save. I wish I could still call the number for them to repair it lol.) I'll just buy mint copies of all the games when I grow up.

It looks like they read:

Definitely "1991 Sonic & Badnik" Sonic the Hedgehog Sonic

Definitely "1994 Knuckles & Badnik" Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles Knuckles

Either "1994 Sonic & Badnik" or "1998 Sonic & Badnik", but it looks more like "1994" Either Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles Sonic or Sonic Adventure Era Sonic

Probably "2006 Silver & Badnik" Modern Era Silver

I can't read the Tails one, but it looks like "2XXX" Modern Era Tails?

Jazwares has nearly equalled the level of Teamfourstar.

Also, if you edit it a bit and look closely, you see what clearly appears to be a cutout of Sonic with a yellow border around him, in front of some sort of red and blue background. There's also something in the top left corner. Perhaps a 20th Anniversary label? Idk.

I was right on all counts. Yay!

What did those 3" boxes say? Wonder no more, because German Sonic site Spindash.de has close-ups of all of them:

http://spindash.de/S...messe-2011.html

So in the 3" line we're getting:

• 1991 Sonic with Badnik (Motobug from Sonic 1)
  • 1992 Tails with Badnik (Grabber from Sonic 2)
  • 1994 Knuckles with Badnik (Egg Pawn from Sonic Heroes/Sonic Colors, I think)
  • 1998 Sonic with Badnik (Spina from Sonic Adventure)
  • 2000 Shadow with Badnik (Beetle from Sonic Adventure 2)
  • 2006 Silver with Badnik (Biter from Sonic 06)
  • 2010 Tails with Badnik (Sandworm from Sonic Colors)

Also, a Sonic and Shadow disc battle game. Sweet.

What did those 3" boxes say? Wonder no more, because German Sonic site Spindash.de has close-ups of all of them:

http://spindash.de/S...messe-2011.html

So in the 3" line we're getting:

• 1991 Sonic with Badnik (Motobug from Sonic 1)
  • 1992 Tails with Badnik (Grabber from Sonic 2)
  • 1994 Knuckles with Badnik (Egg Pawn from Sonic Heroes/Sonic Colors, I think)
  • 1998 Sonic with Badnik (Spina from Sonic Adventure)
  • 2000 Shadow with Badnik (Beetle from Sonic Adventure 2)
  • 2006 Silver with Badnik (Biter from Sonic 06)
  • 2010 Tails with Badnik (Sandworm from Sonic Colors)

Also, a Sonic and Shadow disc battle game. Sweet.

Those look amazing. It's great to finally see Jazwares adding in those pack in Badniks that you guys requested like back on page one. Does anyone know if Jazwares has rights for other classic Sonic games for like Game Gear (such as Triple Trouble)? I'd love to finally get a Fang figure. He's always been one of my favorites.

Ausgestellt waren "1991 Sonic & Badnik", "1992 Tails & Badnik", "1994 Knuckles & Badnik", "2000 Shadow & Badnik", "2001 Sonic & Badnik", "2006 Silver & Badnik", "2010 Tails & Badnik", sowie je eine Großfigur "Sonic 1991" (klassisches Design) und "Sonic 2011" (neues Design).

Translated, it says "Were issued "1991 Sonic Badnik" , "1992 Tails & Badnik" , "1994 Knuckles & Badnik" , "2000 Shadow & Badnik", "2001 Sonic Badnik" , "2006 Silver & Badnik" , "2010 Tails & Badnik" each, and a major figure "Sonic 1991" (classic design) and "Sonic 2011" (new design)."

It's on that page, under the picture of ALL of the prototypes.

Another thing, above the picture with the 10 Inch looking figure, a part translates "from a movable plastic skeleton should exist with fabric cover" If that's what I think it is, I've had that idea for years!

That might be a typo on his part. Such a figure is nowhere on this display. Plus, he didn't list 1998 Sonic, which was seen in that display. He probably meant that. Also, one has to wonder... will most of these be new sculpts? I mean, they've got a 1998 Sonic, and a 2011 Sonic. What's the current 3 inch Sonic considered? O.o

And yeah, the packaging may end up getting corrected. Another minor mistake is "2000 Shadow". Shadow's first game was Sonic Adventure 2, which came out in 2001, not 2000

Indeed.

Everyone at school hates me for liking Sonic. It's very aggravating. They don't know anything about Classic Gaming...

They all tell me everyday about how "Sonic is terrible" and how "he sucks" and how the games are about "a seven year old fox lusting after a teen"... it drives me nuts...