New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I dont know if anyones seen these yet but, NEW VOICES FOR CHARACTERS OTHER THAN SONIC AND TAILS!

Here is Sonic's new voice, Tails' new voice, Knuckles' new voice, Wave, Storm, Jet, Amy, Cream, Vector, Shadow, Rouge and Omochao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akK4huA6su4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kSr1DHk03I

Personally, I think that Sonic Tails and Knuckles have the best new voices. Shadow's is growing on me, Storm sounds pretty much the same, Wave is a little better, Jet somehow managed to get MORE annoying, Amy is.... unusual, to say the least. Cream sounds really little, Vector sounds kinda strange, and Rouge is radically different, but not all that bad. Omochao sounds like an Omochao. Need I say more?

As far as my opinion goes.

Amy: Sounds too much like Minnie Mouse. Much like Mike Pollock, they should've kept Lisa Ortiz. Her voice will take some getting used to

Sonic: I still prefer Jason Griffith but Roger Craig Smith's voice sounds more "Sonic" like in Sonic Free Riders than in that Sonic Colors cutscene so I'll say it's an improvement but could still use a bit of work.

Cream: Very cute! Much like the other 4kids actors, Cream's 4kids voice improved over time but I like this new voice best. She sounds adorable.

Vector: Well he has the grunt like voice of the 4kids Jimmy Zoppi voice but sounds as deep as the original Sonic Heroes voice so I'd say it's a really good mix with the voice.

Omochao: Never really thought Omochao had a BAD voice from any actors and this ones no exception.

Tails: Thank god Tails sounds like a boy again. Much like Smith's Sonic, I feel Kate Higgins improved with her Tails voice in Free Riders a bit.

Knuckles: I was fond of Dan Green as Knuckles and this new actor is like a Dan Green clone with a slightly cooler tone in the voice so I'm happy.

Shadow: Okay I didn't give a flying f%&k if Jason Griffith or David Humphrey voiced Shadow as they both were really good to me and this new guy is in that category. I like him just as much as the previous Shadow actors! He sounds more on the David Humphrey side which is fine by me.

Rouge: Finally! An actress that sounds a bit like Lani Minella's Rouge voice! No more sounding like a 40 year old flirtatious tranny! I'm more than happy with this voice.

Babylon Rogues: I like them all and think they all are suitable but I like the 4kids voices for the Babylon Rogues a bit better. I found their voices to be more animated and energetic but these new voices are great too. I like Waves voice the most and Jet's the least but they all are good to me.

Oh and If anyone wants to know who voices them. So far it's confirmed that Travis Willingham is Knuckles, Kirt Thornton is Shadow, Laura Bailey is Omochao, and Kyle Hebert recently posted on his twitter that he is taking over the role of Big The Cat in the Sonic Franchise as of 2010.

New Big voice? Huh. Wonder why he wasn't in team rose instead of Vector. That would have made a lot more sense. He may be too fat for a board but they could stick him on a motorcycle with a sidecar for Froggy :P

New Big voice? Huh. Wonder why he wasn't in team rose instead of Vector. That would have made a lot more sense. He may be too fat for a board but they could stick him on a motorcycle with a sidecar for Froggy :P

Very true. I mean he's too fat too grind on rails but they made that possible in Sonic Heroes and the bike idea was done in ASR. He should've been in Sonic Free Riders. I agree with that.

Well... Gohan the Cat huh? XD

Anyone else not like Shadow's new voice? I mean, I wanna hear more, but from the bit I've heard, I wasn't impressed...

Here you go. You can hear more of the new Shadow's voice with this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViNiEi47y04

After hearing it, my only complaint with Shadow's voice is that it sounds too slow and seductively sinister like the way Rouge talks. The voice itself is fine and not ALL of Shadow's lines are like that but most of them are and they should have been said in a faster and more powerful pace.

I need to hear Silver and Blaze. Is there anyone else I missed?

Shadow's voice kinda grew on me so I like it now. Rouge is better for sure. I like it!

Amy....I hate it. I feel Like I am watching Disney Channel when she speaks. I guess time will improve. I see no drastic change with Vector. Eggman has Mike voicing. Nothing New. Sonic, sounds a little better, Tails = awesome, Knuckles is still good. The Babylon Rogues sound the same but Jet sounds younger. Omochao is still annoying per usual.

I love the Main theme "Free" Anyone got a link to the best version?

Well... Gohan the Cat huh? XD

Anyone else not like Shadow's new voice? I mean, I wanna hear more, but from the bit I've heard, I wasn't impressed...

Or you could call him Ryu the cat.

The answer lies...in the heart of Fishing.

Haha, I'm in a bit of a DB kick with my brother, so Gohan was the first to come to mind XD

As for Shadow, not too bad, but I wish it was a bit deeper, but maybe a bit more speed and umph to the voice would help. It sounds a bit like he's TRYING to make Shadow sound kinda like an emo, he just sounds.... empty to me, it's like there's little heart there (well, he did voice Saix, a Nobody, technically a "heartless" role lol)... I don't know how to describe what I think of it, but I think it will transition into that rebel type voice we expect from Shadow in time.

Also, Vector the Almighty Tallest.

Hey everybody, Silver and Blaze's new voices are here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2FJ5D1MCY

Personally, I think that Silver sounds like his old voice, but less annoying. And Blaze more or less sounds the same. So now we've heard every new voice (Unless i'm forgetting someone, which i'm pretty sure i'm not)! The only new voices i don't like are Amy and Jet. Jet sounds even more annoying than his old voice, and Amy just doesn't sound right. But i'll get used to 'em eventually. Other than that I think they're all great!

I never had a problem with Pete Capella and Bella Hudson voicing Silver and Blaze as I felt they both fit the characters very nicely. It's nice to hear that Silver and Blaze pretty much still sound the same. Although Silver sounds more...."regular young man" type of voice now which I do like!

I think Sega did a commendable job choosing the new voice actors. I was a little disappointed that Tails couldn't be voiced by a guy, but Kate does a good job and is much better than the weirdo who voiced him before.

I love Shadow's new voice because it has a David Humphrey vibe and it sounds grittier than before.

I'm confused about Knuckles is he still voiced by Dan Green? His voice kinda sounds like Roger Craig Smith impersonating Dan Green.

I think Sega did a commendable job choosing the new voice actors. I was a little disappointed that Tails couldn't be voiced by a guy, but Kate does a good job and is much better than the weirdo who voiced him before.

I love Shadow's new voice because it has a David Humphrey vibe and it sounds grittier than before.

I'm confused about Knuckles is he still voiced by Dan Green? His voice kinda sounds like Roger Craig Smith impersonating Dan Green.

If you read my earlier post, I mentioned that Knuckles is voiced by Travis Willingham.

I like the new voices for the characters. Roger's voice sounds like an improvement for Sonic already and the only voice I really don't like is Amy. I'm sure they could've found an Amy voice since SEGA hired actors that are well known and been in so much. Also I know kf71189 mentioned some cast names for some characters. I found others.

Cream The Rabbit: Michelle Ruff

Jet The Hawk: Michael Yurchak

Storm The Albatross: Travis Willingham (Same guy who voices Knuckles. I guess he really is a Dan Green clone!! XP)

Wave The Swallow: Kate Higgins (Same voice for Tails.)

Silver The Hedgehog: Keith Silverstein

Blaze The Cat: Laura Bailey (Same voice for Omochao.)

Vector The Crocodile: Wally Wingert

Amy Rose: Cindy Robinson

Rouge The Bat: Karen Strassman

If you read my earlier post, I mentioned that Knuckles is voiced by Travis Willingham.

Sorry I must have missed it.

My god Im so relieved. Shadow sounds way different but good. But rouge.....SO much better.

Unsure about vector. He sounds....alot like his old voice. Bad. So definitley want to hear more.

And...wheres omega? Kinda disappointing, as I like the character. But, ah well.

Amy's fantastic. Im very happy with everyone myself.

Now that I've beaten Sonic Free Riders and gotten a load of everyone:

This was one of the best moves SEGA's done in a long time. Almost every single new voice is an immense improvement over the previous. The only ones with worse tone are Amy and Vector. Vector was actually pretty good with Dan Green at the helm.

HOWEVER, the acting is leagues better. None of them are offensive at all, and I've already warmed up to Amy and Vector.

To go into specifics, the biggest improvements by far are Shadow, Rouge, Jet, Cream, and Tails. Incidentally, I think those were all the worst offenders of the 4KIDS lot. Thank PRIMUS that Shadow and Rouge are taking cues from Humphrey and Minella. They've instantly gone from having the worst voices to having the best in the whole lot. Much props to Sega and to this new studio! I probably won't buy Colors unless I hear good things about the Super Sonic presence, but I'll definitely check out the cutscenes.

In closing, I'm pretty much the complete opposite of how I felt at the first voice change. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

I listened to vector more. Hes not too bad. Dan green was better. I still love everyone else. Kirk Thornton is shadow, I had a feeling! Hes been damn near everywhere. Over all. Yes, best move theyve made in a while. Reviews arent spectacular so far for this. A disappointment. Perhaps controller support would have helped.

Just got the 2 inch First 4 Figures Sonic minis in. And I must say these are extremely well done. If not for the classic look, then the simple fact that they paid attention to detail. I love the Super Sonic so much, and the Metal isn't bad either. Who knows maybe we will see more of these guys from the classic line in this scale.

I stacked them up against a couple Jazwares counterparts to give a sense for the size. They are exactly 6.5cm tall, so about 2-2.5 inches, the tails is only about 1.5 inches though since he's in scale. I really recommend you pick these up... they run for 30$ off Ebay, and 45$ off the F4F site. (totals include shipping and all)

The six pack:

75144_449543536502_512906502_5837679_5433476_n.jpg

Yes, yes I havent gotten around to getting Jazwares tails or Amy yet...

150323_449538176502_512906502_5837633_3660923_n.jpg

Absolute Favourite:

77175_450166411502_512906502_5841722_2564340_n.jpg

The First4 figures look pretty cool, but I'm still looking for the Super Pack among other things, lol. My birthday is on Tuesday (the day Sonic Colors comes out here, yay), so I hope I can look for it and find it that day... I have some pictures to throw up later, some of my art project, a bust of Eggman (work in progress), it weighs a ton, just like him XD, and some pictures of my Eggman figure which I've customized a tiny bit, I think it is much better though.