New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Awesome! Must have him NOW! I went down to NYC today. Stopped by Nintendo World (key word BY) Seems they are closed till November 1st for renovations. They are having a grand opening party on November 7th. I went to The big Toys R Us store and I got Kirby's Epic Yarn, a free guide and $1o.oo Toys R Us gift card. (which I am saving to use towards when I get big and froggy) No super packs there but they had a ton of Espio and Vector packs. They had 1 10" sonic and an Eggman pack. I have them all so I didn't pick them up. I am gonna go to that grand opening thing. It sounds fun.

Oh god. Bigs out, FINALLY. Chalk another one up for my to do list.

And FYI 20 games a year was an exaggeration (Maybe, heh.) But, aquaslash is right, to the point he makes about "official characters".

Sega has all the rights they need to give us 30 (give or take..) new figures of DIFFERENT characters. But, again, its us to them. The entire ungodly large archie line up. The classic and forgotten game characters. (Mighty, Ray, sonic's animal friends, Nack/fang, bark, bean, mecha sonic. etc.) Then recent obscure characters (chaos, gamma, chip, eggman nega, metal sonic 3.0 etc)

Then we have what sega considers the "official line up" of characters. Which, yes, seems to be the sonic channel line up. They are trying to listen to the fans and not make a new character with every game, or a character that always returns in some way. Hey, I mean. I love characters like MIGHTY and FANG. But its up to sega of course. A toy line however shouldnt exactly have to mess that goal to keep a strict "line up" with in the sonic universe. But again, it depends.

theyve already turned down a simple repaint of metal sonic. Which IMO was dumb as hell. Repaints arent very hard to do. And even fans who havent the slightest inkling where hes from or what his story is, or who arent even actual fans of the sonic franchise, might take interest. Now, Honestly, I couldnt actually care less. I almost have all my favorite characters in figure form actually, but like i said. Its a simple smart way for toy companies to make a easy buck or two. Not that its a bad thing, he who buys it, has no right to "complain" right?

Im just saying, IF they want to extend this line and even maybe keep it going for years to come, their going to have to branch out. New games will only do so much I think. Or it'll just be slow. And a new game with new gimmicks and ideas doesnt mean they'll actually make a interesting or desirable promotion.

Look at sonic colors, sure, the wisps are AWESOME. I would love to have a mini figure of all of them. But...thats it. And their not the kind of characters that would appeal to the age group and range. They need "edgy" or "cool" figures. SONIC WITH A SWORD. WERE HOG SONIC, good examples. It reminds me of those batman toy lines, where they make just about 50 different freaking "batmans". Its literally the same damn character sold 50 (yet another exaggeration...) different ways. Its not BAD, but its...well it works! Right?

Wouldnt a CLASSIC sonic be pretty cool? Or a DARK SPINE sonic? Or a SCOURGE "sonic"? Or a GOLDEN KNIGHT sonic? JUUUST saying really, I ASSUME they need to branch out.

Yeah..yeah thats enough. Heh.

oh, and whats wrong with assuming? The chance im wrong? So? Weve awwwlllll done that before, and unlike about 80 percent of the internets (...welll this isnt actually an exaggeration /joke) I dont mind being wrong, hell, call me out on it if you wants tah heh :P

So....guess what, it turns out now is the perfect time to get Sonic figures at your TRU if you were ever considering it.

Y'know why? I got the TRU ad in my newspaper this morning, and it says that ALL Sonic the Hedgehog figures, play sets, and accessories are Buy One, Get One 50% Off. Happy hunting.

EDIT: To answer your question, LarryKoopa, Joe has confirmed (aside from Jet and Riders Sonic) Clear Purple Espio, Charmy, Blaze, and Big and Froggy as you've seen now. Rouge and Omega may still be in the pipeline; no confirmation yet.

Speaking of Big, here's another picture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-figure-Big-CAT-Froggy-/250716383015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5fdc6727

Wow Jazwares. So I get a super pack for my little brother, and 3 minutes after Super Shadow is out of the box one of the legs snaps off, I mean clean snaps off joint and everything. All he was trying to do was pose it standing up. UMMM Your quality control sucks. Like badly.

I opened all of my Sonic toys after I got Racing Shadow, but I DID keep my Super Pack in it's box. Gosh, I hope none of them have quality control issues.... I had to buy 3 Chaotix comic packs to pull together one nice set of the two of them.

ALSO, thanks for that list!

EDIT: I though Big was gonna have his fishin' pole... Where is it? Someone tell me it hasn't gone the same way as Amy's Piko Piko hammer....

Hey people! My brother went to toys r us... and found Big! He is near-perfect (Wheres the fishing pole?) and easily the largest 3" guy to date. I could post some comparison pictures if anyone wants.

On the darker side, I got the Vector/Espio pack, and my Espio is junk. Luckily Vector was fine, but i'm looking to take advantage of this 50% off sale to get a new Espio.

So....guess what, it turns out now is the perfect time to get Sonic figures at your TRU if you were ever considering it.

Y'know why? I got the TRU ad in my newspaper this morning, and it says that ALL Sonic the Hedgehog figures, play sets, and accessories are Buy One, Get One 50% Off. Happy hunting.

EDIT: To answer your question, LarryKoopa, Joe has confirmed (aside from Jet and Riders Sonic) Clear Purple Espio, Charmy, Blaze, and Big and Froggy as you've seen now. Rouge and Omega may still be in the pipeline; no confirmation yet.

Speaking of Big, here's another picture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3a5fdc6727

How long is that sale for, and is it american TRU only?

Joe has confirmed (aside from Jet and Riders Sonic) Clear Purple Espio, Charmy, Blaze, and Big and Froggy as you've seen now. Rouge and Omega may still be in the pipeline; no confirmation yet.

Clear purple? Was that confirmed? I thought it would be fully clear, not colored.

By the way...does anyone here collect Hasbro's Iron Man 2 figures? I was looking at the hulkbuster figure, and noticed it would make a great custom of the Sonic 4 final boss!

Yes, it was confirmed that clear Espio will be shaded purple. I actually prefer it that way, because that's how he looks in the game.

Hey guys, this is unrelated: I was at a party Monday night where I got very, very drunk and answered my friends' questions about nerdy things, such as Sonic. The original premise was actually that it be Drunk Sonic History, but we got away from that topic pretty handily. If you'd like, you can enjoy the videos at http://www.youtube.c...unkLarrySez#g/u !

Yes, it was confirmed that clear Espio will be shaded purple. I actually prefer it that way, because that's how he looks in the game.

Hey guys, this is unrelated: I was at a party Monday night where I got very, very drunk and answered my friends' questions about nerdy things, such as Sonic. The original premise was actually that it be Drunk Sonic History, but we got away from that topic pretty handily. If you'd like, you can enjoy the videos at http://www.youtube.c...unkLarrySez#g/u !

Heh I watched the Image sonic crossover thing. I remember seeing that comic in an ad and never really understanding it. I had no idea who savage dragon was and all that until much later. So i found it interesting heh.

Heh I watched the Image sonic crossover thing. I remember seeing that comic in an ad and never really understanding it. I had no idea who savage dragon was and all that until much later. So i found it interesting heh.
Haha yeah! I still have that book. It was worth it just for the centerfold poster of the cast. If you have the Gems Collection, which has an Archie comic cover gallery, the cover of the Image Crossover has the faces of the Image characters grayed out.

Haha yeah! I still have that book. It was worth it just for the centerfold poster of the cast. If you have the Gems Collection, which has an Archie comic cover gallery, the cover of the Image Crossover has the faces of the Image characters grayed out.

Oh wow..I do actually, and I had actually noticed that but never thought about it. Wow heh, copyright stuff im sure, but I freakin remember wondering about that. And I think its sonic mega collection, gems was the one with Sonic CD and the fighters, the mega collection was the regular one with 1-3 and stuff.

Oh hey, fellow sonic fans, If your interested, Click here to listen to Sonic and tails's new voice's!

Im SO very pleased. Tails is perfect as I had thought he would be. WARNING: Corny silly saturday morning cartoon. Which is beeeautiful in my opinion. They have FREAKIN nailed it with the voices and etc. The sonic I grew up with right there.

In JAZWARES news, Super poser tails is up on Toys R us.com!

Oh wow..I do actually, and I had actually noticed that but never thought about it. Wow heh, copyright stuff im sure, but I freakin remember wondering about that. And I think its sonic mega collection, gems was the one with Sonic CD and the fighters, the mega collection was the regular one with 1-3 and stuff.

Oh hey, fellow sonic fans, If your interested, Click here to listen to Sonic and tails's new voice's!

Im SO very pleased. Tails is perfect as I had thought he would be. WARNING: Corny silly saturday morning cartoon. Which is beeeautiful in my opinion. They have FREAKIN nailed it with the voices and etc. The sonic I grew up with right there.

In JAZWARES news, Super poser tails is up on Toys R us.com!

Oh man,

I know I don't post in here much these days (since I'm working on a manga project), but OUCH. Why did I have to return to that?

I'm totally not a Sonic VA naysayer and I'm sure Smith will be better with time, but seriously, he sounds like one of the tools from Total Drama Island. I know Sonic's always been sorta cocky, but something about the way Smith is voicing his tone in this scene just makes him come off as a doosche. Sonic, despite jossling people from time to time, always had a light-hearted tonage and despite the dialogue, I never really remeber him outright bragging so much as mocking his enemies and snickering alot. Sure he was cocky, but it was more about the subtle things like a smirk here, a grin there and a "You're too Slow!" occasionally. But in that Colors scene Smith DRAAAAGS Sonic's arrogance to a point that he just sounds like the sort of guy you would run into in the gym who comes up to you and says "Hey, IIIIIIII just benchpressed 180lbs." The difference with Drummond and Griffith would be that they would deliver lines like "I was out smashing robots" like it was a fun thing to do, keeping with Sonic's carefree and adventurous spirit without implying arrogance or the like. But when Smith said that line I seriously thought the next thing he was going to say was "I was out smashing robots, how much cooler is that then what you're doing, aren't I awesome. Yeah, I am." BAAH! Maybe it's just the writing in that scene, but YEESH.

The voice itself isn't TERRIBLE, but I think Sonic sounds like he's 28 in this scene. I guess that will be popular, alot of people have wanted Sonic to "grow up" over the years and American culture perpetuates the idea that "everybody should be a badass 28 year-old gunsliger." But eh, I've always seen Sonic as more of a beloved childhood character, so it's a bit odd. The most sobering thought is just re-watch that scene and then imagine Sonic with Mario. Mario's, what, 45 or so? But he sure doesn't sound it. Same thing with Sean Schemmel voicing Son Goku. Goku's an adult, yes, but he has a light-hearted, optimistic voice which reflects the character's own innocent nature. Sonic's a similar case. When Griffith first started out he made Sonic sound too young. I think Smith went in the opposite direction and will have to spend his time with Sonic concentrating on making him more youthful, or at the very least more light-hearted and less arrogant in terms of tone.

Overall, not the worst Sonic VA start, but there's alot of work to be done.

Still waiting for him to punch boulders though. =\

Oh, and Tails sounds fine, but I still can't stop expecting him to say "SAAAAAAASSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Oh and by the way, does anyone have any tips for TIGHTENING the joints of these figures? I got a new Sonic figure and the legs are almost ragdoll.

I know somebody mentioned using hot water to temporarily loosen the plastic. Is there some trick toward doing the opposite, or just making joints tighter so the figure can stand? I remeber using a thin layer of Gorilla glue helped once but I'm too paranoid to try again. Thanks for the help!