New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Hey guys!

If it wasn't obvious, I'm new here. I've been reading this forum for longer than I can remember, though I never posted on it. I finally caved in today when my friend said he thought "sonic heroes represented sonic, tails and knuckles better than any other game". I couldn't go without telling you guys! I live in Australia and they don't sell Jazwares sonic figures here yet, which is a pain.

Also, can I get everyone to not talk about what happens in the ending of sonic 4 until I've seen it myself? Thanks.

Finally, Larrykoopa did you say super pack V3? I thought there were only two versions (been falling behind in news lately).

First version Sonic had Silver's guy-liner.

Second version Silver had it, too.

Third version Sonic no longer has the guy-liner.

At least you have it, I haven't even touched the super pack yet. lol

Now for Aqua's random tidbits of the day...week..month..whatever.

1. A TRU has opened up near me, and it's very close to walking distance. Probably a 10 minute drive at best. It's a mimi store, but they carry Sonic. This is AWESOME. :D

2. For those not keeping up, Archie Comic's Sonic Encyclopedia has been delayed because Sega of Japan and Sega of America actually LIKED it and want to add to it and promote it. This is somewhat significant because SoJ has been notorious for completely ignoring the comic since it's inception all the way back in the early 90s. Flynn and Co must have pulled some crazy magic.

The point is with actual promotion, (and the Ken Penders case being quietly settled), I think the chances of comic character figures just shot up through the roof. In fact, I'm actually calling that Turbo Tails and Breast Cancer Awareness Knuckles will be canonized in the games at some point, likely in a future episode of Sonic 4. I'm still gonna do my custom though.

Just something to keep an eye out for. Also good lord, I'm gonna have endless jokes about Knuckles if this actually happens. I'll never be able to take him seriously again.

Very off topic:

My SNES after 8 years still works :)

Somewhat on topic:

I got the Jazwares Sonic Plush, For one my aunt said it looked lonely :P and I thought it looked the best out of the series. If I am getting the Tails,Knuckles, and Silver ones down the line, I should at least have Sonic right!?!?

Even more On topic:

When I went to toys r us today they had...............nothing new. Even though Jazwares Said Big would be out. But we need to give it time. heck the guy who posted it the comment didn't even seem that sure of what he said.

Drove to TRU

and...

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

And so we FINALLY FINALLLLLLYYYYYYY got our new stock in and we got it in nice, I got 2 super packs, and an Eggs pack. The Eggs pack Metal sonic looks horrible so Ill just give that and a Super pack to my Brother. Eggs' mustache had a paint flaw on every single one of them, so I picked up the one that was the least terrible. All the Super Packs had eyeliner, but at this point I really don't care. Ill keep one for mint in box, and when I get a second pack Ill make the new pack MIB and open the other one. Still I'm super glad I was finally able to get my hands on some relatively recent Sonic stuff. Hopefully this trend continues to happen since it's literally been almost a year since I've seen new stuff. This is so cool too becuase I got it just in time for my birthday which is in 2 days. woot! the Eggs pack was expensive though, rang in at 24.99!, the Super Packs were 19.99 each.Those mini racer 4 packs were 29.99 each! yikes!!!!!Everything is more costly in Canada :/

Very off topic:

My SNES after 8 years still works :)

It's a dang sturdy system! Mine is still trucking after...well, when did the SNES come out? Wikipedia says 1991, and this one was probably bought around then or 92, at least. So that's about 18 years now! Oh man...I'm old...

My NES technically still works after 20 years, since my parents got it back in 1990. I still take it out from time to time and play Super Mario Bros. on it. :P I must be really good to my systems though, because all of my older systems still work perfectly after many years. N64, Game Boy, Dreamcast, Genesis (though we bought it used from EB Games back in 2001, but still), etc.

But back on topic:

My first on-topic post so far:

Has anyone else seen this? http://cgi.ebay.com....=item3361b008b1

Someone (not TBhouse) is selling 3 inch Super Sonic individually, which would be great for someone who wanted super sonic but had no interest in Shadow or Silver, but unfortunately the figure alone costs more than the entire super pack at retail.

I've seen that, as well as Super Shadow, Super Silver, and the Chaos Emeralds sold separately as well. I agree, though, I would rather buy the pack and get all the extra figures than spend that much on that figure alone.

Jeez! O_O I stopped over at Toys R Us today, and it was filled to brim with Sonic stuff. Tons of the racers, ten inch Sonics and Metals, Super Packs, Eggy packs, and even the walkie talkies and MP3 players and things @_@ I got 10in Sonic and the Super Pack. They had three fixed Super Packs(AKA Sonic with no guy-liner) and one pack with guy-liner Sonic. 10in Sonic was TERRIBLE out of the box. His right shoulder joint, waist joint, and right elbow joint were all VERY loose. As well as his head not being able to look forward. So I did the super glue trick and they work fine now(well, his shoulder is now a little ugly cause of the super glue, but it works! xD). The Super Pack that I bought, oddly enough, had no errors(minus a small black spot on the tip of Super Sonic's top spine and the bottom of Silvers shoes not being painted in, but that's nothing new). Very good day today :P

I want to stregthen my Super Sonic's joints so he can stand without flopping, how can I do this?

Well, you could try the super glue trick. It's where you dab a small drop of super glue onto one of its joints and rotate it around for two minutes. Though it's not really recommended for the smaller figures, I would think. Because their joints are so small.

• Like 1

Man have I been gone for a long time.

I have yet to see any Super Packs, flawed or otherwise, at my TRU.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Oh, and speaking of Megaman, I was at NYCCAF and heard from an Archie rep that

dah dah dah dah

Archie Megaman Comic is ON THE WAY

-Original Megaman

-Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante is doing the art (as in the story-art not just the covers)

-Ian Flynn might be doing the story (This I'm not too sure of, might have been my 1-hour sleep-powered brain tricking me)

Oh dood. I know, what an amazing surprise there. Damn i cant wait, it really is about time the blue bomber got a comic book.

I randomly saw Yardleys Deviant art one time and saw this

Mega Man

I mean, im not saying they actually even were planning it when he drew this, which was at his own leisure Im guessing. But kind of ironic, I wonder if this will be what he looks like?

And I also got the Chaotix pack, they are GREAT. Looking back, I never really thought anyone would make an espio or a vector. Its surreal in a way, but yes, I was very pleased. A little loose in some of the joints, and vectors feet were switched, but a quick fix and hes perfect. I do hope for charmy, but man am I pleased with these guys!!!

And I also got the Chaotix pack, they are GREAT. Looking back, I never really thought anyone would make an espio or a vector. Its surreal in a way, but yes, I was very pleased. A little loose in some of the joints, and vectors feet were switched, but a quick fix and hes perfect. I do hope for charmy, but man am I pleased with these guys!!!

Man, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want Ray!

DBZA is a web show making fun of DBZ. It's pretty much parts from DBZ, but dubbed over. It's very funny.

Anyway, I haven't been able to get online recently (in fact, I'm using my phone as we speak)... I beat part 1 of Sonic 4 a few days ago, I want more so badly, it was way too short lol... Did anyone else notice the zany amount of rings? It takes like 15 seconds in each level to get 50.

When you figure out the final Special Stage, you facepalm by the way.

Right now my Avatar is a Michael Jackson/ Sonic hybrid. He has a Sonic body and MJ head lol. I have to get all the rings in that ending scene, but fighting the final boss over and over is a pain. (it's easy once you've figured it out, much like the Special Stage.)

So what are some fastest times? I've got 44 seconds in Act 1 of Splash Hill Zone, with Super Sonic use included on the 360.

I do like ray, digging into the archives a bit and making old forgotten characters wouldnt be a bad idea.

i say a mighty, ray combo pack.

I do like ray, digging into the archives a bit and making old forgotten characters wouldnt be a bad idea.

i say a mighty, ray combo pack.

AMEN, BROTHER.