New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

That's really cool! :) I hope you had fun. I was supposed to go too. My aunt and I were going to head down. I completely forgot about it because of school. I was disappointed but I am kinda glad I didn't go today. (Strange right) I got my wii points all stocked up for Sonic 4. Is it going to be on the wii shop channel at midnight?

I am not sure of the exact time, but it is some time today... You guys should have seen me, I was answering every Sonic related question thrown the SEGA representative's way...

And thank you, I did enjoy it, my legs are chafed, but it was fun (no I'm not fat, it was just THAT much walking around lol)

I am not sure of the exact time, but it is some time today... You guys should have seen me, I was answering every Sonic related question thrown the SEGA representative's way...

And thank you, I did enjoy it, my legs are chafed, but it was fun (no I'm not fat, it was just THAT much walking around lol)

Yeah I know what you mean. I was at Comic-Con too and man did my legs end up in so much torturing pain. So much standing and walking lol. I too got to play Sonic Colors myself though. I must say, the game is worth buying and playing. My brother was with me. He's not as big of a Sonic fan like I am but he did enjoy the game too.

It was hard not to laugh at some of the cosplayers... I saw a guy in Saiyan armor and almost cracked up, and a bunch of Gokus.... Bad Soras... Two Waldos... Uhh a bunch of Marios... Crippled Princess Leia ... A lot of the costumes were just bad.

I saw the best costumes of the day in Toys Я Us actually, very good Spiderman and very good Iron Man... They obviously worked for the store, which was very funny, like why couldn't the Comic Con hire them?

It was hard not to laugh at some of the cosplayers... I saw a guy in Saiyan armor and almost cracked up, and a bunch of Gokus.... Bad Soras... Two Waldos... Uhh a bunch of Marios... Crippled Princess Leia ... A lot of the costumes were just bad.

I saw the best costumes of the day in Toys Я Us actually, very good Spiderman and very good Iron Man... They obviously worked for the store, which was very funny, like why couldn't the Comic Con hire them?

I saw a bunch of Goku's too. One of them was eh...okay. I did see 1 bad Sora and yeah I saw a bunch of Mario's myself and some were just wearing Mario's cap. That crippled Princess Leia....she's the one in the wheelchair correct? I actually think out of all the bad cosplays I saw. She's the least bad. I only saw 1 good cosplay that I can think of and that is a Batman cosplay. There's was one Batman that looked awesome!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=238&itemid=16461

This was on the main news page of the site, apparently Jazwares will be releasing a 5 inch Sonic with wisps, alongside the special edition 3 inch one they're including with the game releases. Now these new wisps look huge, I'd say about 2.5 inches? Also Sonic's quills seem to be articulated, but that doesn't look like a 5 incher to me, more like a 3 incher with a different head sculpt and more dynmaic hand sculpts which leads me to believe this is clearly a early prototype picture. If that IS a 5 incher, then damn those wisps are massive

That's just the regular five inch Sonic that's been out since 2009. =P

Ah, but the 5 incher doesn't have articulation in the quills, let alone dynamic hand poses like that AND, I think it's a 3 incher since its' limbs look so small, minor differences but still different nonetheless, which make me think it's just a prototype display model.

The hand poses are like that on the five inch Sonic that's released already. Everything there is exactly the same... because it's the same figure. And that's not articulation in the quills. The head sculpt appears to be two pieces. It's like that on my five inch Sonic, only it's not as noticeable as the one pictured. Hopefully they're just using that figure as a stand in right now. If it's the same figure released again, I'd just be buying it for the Wisps. Hopefully they make a newer, more accurate one. Compared to most figures, the five inch Sonic IS accurate, but the three inch, and ten inch Sonics that came out after it, are far more accurate. If you put all three together, the five inch Sonic looks to be the least accurate. It's more accurate than, let's say the Toy Island figures, but it appears that Jazwares really improved after making the five inch figure.

Yeah that's definitely the first 5 inch Jazwares Sonic figure. It's obvious on the quills, there's no articulation. It's shaped like there's 2 halves of the head and you don't see where there would be any pegs for the quills to move. Plus 1 hand looks like he could hold something while the other hand is open, the head is shaped like it's slightly being squished from the sides, the shoes are flat and pointy around the toe area and his tail is bulky. That's is most definitely the original 5 inch Sonic. I agree with you Cloverdox. The 3 and 10 inch Sonic looks much more accurate that the 5 inch one...

On mine, I don't see such a hardcore joining of the two halves of the head that's why I thought this was a 3 incher with articulated quills. If this is the 5 inch figure, then that would make the wisps 3- 3.5 inches????

Finally, some new figure news! :D

That does appear to be the same 5-inch Sonic, like everyone had said. I honestly would be fine with it though, since I only have the Black Knight version, not the regular version. Those Wisps look awesome as well, even more so than on the pre-order figure's picture. Apparently their heads can even turn, which is a nice plus. Hopefully they can sell more kinds of Wisps in the future!

ALSO, I just saw this on Jazwares' Facebook page:

Hey!

Charmy Bee will not be for this year, we hope 2011!!

Looks like we have to wait a bit longer for Charmy. :( I was looking forward to him, too. Hopefully Blaze can still come out this year.

Finally, some new figure news! :D

That does appear to be the same 5-inch Sonic, like everyone had said. I honestly would be fine with it though, since I only have the Black Knight version, not the regular version. Those Wisps look awesome as well, even more so than on the pre-order figure's picture. Apparently their heads can even turn, which is a nice plus. Hopefully they can sell more kinds of Wisps in the future!

ALSO, I just saw this on Jazwares' Facebook page:

Hey!

Charmy Bee will not be for this year, we hope 2011!!

Looks like we have to wait a bit longer for Charmy. :( I was looking forward to him, too. Hopefully Blaze can still come out this year.

@cry@ Dang, well guess we just have to wait, but still I hope he comes soon. What about Big the Cat and Froggy? What about them? #WTF#

We'll be getting Big and Froggy this year, don't worry. Jazwares said "Big and Froggy later this year, no images yet." I assume it'll be a 2-pack, hopefully in diorama-style like the other packs.

It's a little ironic though that we've seen the most pictures of Big, yet he's the last to come out. :P

Haha, I thought Sonic 4 would be out at midnight Monday morning on Wii... I was wrong. XD Stayed up all night Sunday getting pumped. Playing the classics, watching AoStH, and other Sonic stuff. So midnight comes around.. It's not there. I shrugged and figured it was a time zone thing. Next thing I knew it was 4 AM and I was still Sonic 4-less. So I waited until six AM, because that's when the customer service started.. There was still no game by seven. XD So I went to school and got it when I got home. I must say, it was extremely fun. The physics were a little Willy Wonka, but it was still great. And MAN, I hope that Jazwares makes a figure of the final boss.. ;)

Man have I been gone for a long time.

I have yet to see any Super Packs, flawed or otherwise, at my TRU.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Oh, and speaking of Megaman, I was at NYCCAF and heard from an Archie rep that

dah dah dah dah

Archie Megaman Comic is ON THE WAY

-Original Megaman

-Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante is doing the art (as in the story-art not just the covers)

-Ian Flynn might be doing the story (This I'm not too sure of, might have been my 1-hour sleep-powered brain tricking me)

Didn't even know Sonic 4 came out today until I checked here! They kept pushing it back and I kinda stopped paying attention. Anyway, I downloaded it and played up to Mad Gear (haven't played Mad Gear, just stopped there). I'm loving it so far! I was so afraid they would just try to recreate everything from the old games, but they've managed the first interesting level designs since the original days without just rehashing the old stuff. What they did bring back is cool, though, 'cause they're great little homages here and there. I also really like what they've done with the emerald levels! Challenging, but not impossible, like most of the GBA ones. A great little mix of Sonic 1 and the ring collecting of Sonic 2. So far I've lost from plain running into the red spheres, and from a time out. I can tell these things will have me tearing my hair out soon! In a good way...

Anyway, I'm really glad they are able to bring back the old gameplay. I'm really feeling it, and i'm having a great time!

I'm not on the last special stage yet, but I've heard that same thing elsewhere and shiver at the thought of it.

And YES, I heard about the Megaman comic! I'm not a fan of Megaman (never got into it; maybe the comics could do that), but I know the comic is already gonna be awesome with people like Spaz. And don't worry Tenks, Ian is doing the story. Your 1-hour sleep-powered brain is telling the truth. :P

--

Also, guys: Keep your eyes peeled. According to Jazwares on Facebook:

Big should be in stores, if not now than soon!

They said this with the Super Pack too, and it showed up about a week or two later. Better start scouring eBay and checking Tbhouse's auctions...