New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Oct04_001.jpg

Not the best pic, but w/e. I don't have a camera anymore :/

Looks great! It even still has a shine to it. Gah, this only makes me wish that the emeralds were the correct color from the start. Or at least have the incorrect one actually be orange instead of piss yellow

That does look better, I gotta say, ive been a sonic fan since forever and I never really kept track of the EXACT colors of all 7 emeralds.

Same. To me it doesn't really matter, I mean they still serve the same purpose.

Yeah, I mean itd be cool if there was an official color set (which I think there is) but, they serve the same purpous regardless, the miscoloring doesnt bother me either. Heck, there was 6 originally, and there were 8 in sonic the fighters.

There was orange one in Sonic R, too. :P

Gah, I love my Super pack so much. =]

Though, I got a few of questions about painting figures. As you see, I have a good skill at painting toys, but I have no knowledge of which paint type I should use (That can't be liquid paint, of course.)

And I was wondering, where can you get good paint stuff, which one, and what store is best to check out for? Because I'm thinking about buying two more packs of colored Yoshis (Yellow, Pink, Aqua) since I could paint them into white, black, purple, orange, blue, and red. =] (Orange do exist, you can find orange Yoshi in Yoshi Island series, or Paper Mario game on Gamecube, and purple Yoshi exists only in Yoshi Island series, I think...)

And I'd like to know which is right paint type and such, pictures could be extra helpful, too. =]

I heard about that, actually. I recently saw that in a post on SSMB:

Went into my TRU today -

- The Super Pack has been restocked.. but I noticed a few changes.. one of them is the black lining around Sonic's eyes which are no longer there..

- The R/C Sonic racer has gone up $5 ($19.99 - $24.99)

- The Juvi's have been discounted a couple of bucks

They probably listened to the people that said that the black eye line was inaccurate. But honestly...line or not, I think it made the figure look cooler. :P I'd like to see a pic of it, though, if anyone ever comes across it.

I heard about that, actually. I recently saw that in a post on SSMB:

Went into my TRU today -

- The Super Pack has been restocked.. but I noticed a few changes.. one of them is the black lining around Sonic's eyes which are no longer there..

- The R/C Sonic racer has gone up $5 ($19.99 - $24.99)

- The Juvi's have been discounted a couple of bucks

They probably listened to the people that said that the black eye line was inaccurate. But honestly...line or not, I think it made the figure look cooler. :P I'd like to see a pic of it, though, if anyone ever comes across it.

He edited the pic with some text and stuff but you can see his eye.

http://twitpic.com/2v8dvj

...and there were 8 in sonic the fighters.
And let us not forget that in STF the eigth emerald was orange! ;oP

yeah as far as im concerned they don seem to have an official set color for "number 7" yet theres always a green, an red, and etc. so the figures miscolor is aite to me.

I doubt it. Honestly, the "fixed" eyes is probably a qc problem of itself.

LOL wouldn't that be ultimate irony?

Us: "We have a problem with Quality control!!!, "Oh look they fixed Super Sonics' eyes!!!".

Jazwares: "Erm yeah that was a QC issue, we'll be reissuing a new wave with the eyeliner shortly!!!

Us: "..................................(crickets chirp)........... "Damnit".

lol!

• Like 1

...and there were 8 in sonic the fighters.
And let us not forget that in STF the eigth emerald was orange! ;oP

yeah as far as im concerned they don seem to have an official set color for "number 7" yet theres always a green, an red, and etc. so the figures miscolor is aite to me.

There's been a set color since Sonic Adventure. Sonic Battle's palette limitations aside, it hasn't been deviated from since.

The hand held Sonic games (and Sonic 4) even have a set order:

Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, White, Sky, Purple

The More You Know, etc

I'm so used to seeing Jazware's Sonic stuff that when other companies release stuff I automatically deem it bootleg, lol. I'm pretty sure it's becuase they have a license to release Sonic stuff.

If that's real then that's cool, it's cool even if it's a bootleg too.

So I just got back from the New York Comic Con!

I got to play Sonic Colors and I have to say it was great!

I got to talk Sonic with a nice young man from SEGA who worked on Sonic 4, he said he's been a Sonic fan his whole life and it was pretty cool, we talked about the games, the voices, etc. (He said the new voices might need some getting used to, but they'll grow on us)

I also went to the Toys Я Us in Times Square, veeeeery limited Sonic selection, though they did have 10 inch Sonic... I'm gonna go to one here in New Jersey while I'm visiting my family, hopefully I'll find more...