New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

*AHEM* Here You Go

Also, sorry for pointing this out but:

I've been a Sonic fan for over twenty years

FAIL!

Indeed, I am from the future (sort of).

As I mentioned before, I always search for working Chaos Emeralds whenever I go to a con, well as it turns out the apparently-very-generous me from 2032 found a few and since then various chronological instances of myself have been bouncing about throughout time and space via Chaos Control, ironically doing the exact opposite of controlling any chaos whatsoever.

On the up side, I've ridden a Triceratops, own a hoverboard and have gone drinking with FDR, Gandhi, Jackie Gleason, George Carlin, All the Beatles and Xir-Kig-Karbulak all at once. (The last one you guys probably won't know for awhile, related note: do NOT eat corn within AT LEAST ten months of March 17th, 2019, SERIOUSLY

On the downside, there are six other versions of me doing the exact same thing, so I'm randomly the victium of time-paradoxes and historical rewrites. Pretty sure I was originally living in Montreal as a nature photogrpaher, mastodons were the main exibit in the Central Park Zoo and John Stewart was president.

If I have, through my shaking the delicate threads of chronological order, totally randomized your lives, and I am almost totally positive I have, my bad. ^_^

Now make like a tree and get outta here!

(That and Sonic's been such a big part of my life I sorta forgot about the whole "not being out for that long" thing. ^_^)

After seeing the pic above of the Espio figure next to Sonic and Knuckles, I'm honestly not bothered by it at all. Even the huge feet aren't really bothering me. It may not be totally accurate, but for some reason, the fact that Espio's a reptile makes it seem okay to me. As weird as that may sound, haha. I mean, chameleons are bigger than hedgehogs, right? Vector and Espio are the only reptile characters in the games right now, making them stick out. So the fact that he's a reptile makes it okay in my eyes that he's slightly bigger. The only figure who's scaling kinda bothers me is Silver. I really wish he was taller. I forgot who it was that said this, but because of his forehead quills, Silver appears to be the tallest hedgehog. The figure of him makes him look like a dwarf, though. Tails' scale doesn't bother me as much, mainly because I display him with his knees completely bent, so it looks like his legs are very short from the front.

WHOOO So like, Im too lazy to check the past pages so.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONIC-Sonic-Hedgehog-10-Inch-Figure-TRU-2010-/120622251549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c15a57e1d#ht_826wt_911

WAZAAM TEN INCH SONICto gain your attention.

.........I mean he looks AITE. I mean, its better than any other of the the 10 inch 12 inch big sonic's right? He kinda...looks like my resaurus sonic...I mean its GOOD but, his head to eye ratio is....off. But remember folks, his head is most likely vinyl so, it could actually differ. Maybe. Maybe not. Still awesome though.

SO so SO close to perfect. But IMO 3 inch sonic STILL has the most technically accurate sculpt.

After seeing the pic above of the Espio figure next to Sonic and Knuckles, I'm honestly not bothered by it at all. Even the huge feet aren't really bothering me. It may not be totally accurate, but for some reason, the fact that Espio's a reptile makes it seem okay to me. As weird as that may sound, haha. I mean, chameleons are bigger than hedgehogs, right? Vector and Espio are the only reptile characters in the games right now, making them stick out. So the fact that he's a reptile makes it okay in my eyes that he's slightly bigger. The only figure who's scaling kinda bothers me is Silver. I really wish he was taller. I forgot who it was that said this, but because of his forehead quills, Silver appears to be the tallest hedgehog. The figure of him makes him look like a dwarf, though. Tails' scale doesn't bother me as much, mainly because I display him with his knees completely bent, so it looks like his legs are very short from the front.

It's a bit uglier in person though. Not really too much the scale (though I don't like the scale so much) but the feet really. They REALLY stand out more than anything. Besides, I do agree with what she said in an earlier post. People wanted Espio to have a stand. If so then they may have to reduce the size of the feet for that to be possible.

It's a bit uglier in person though. Not really too much the scale (though I don't like the scale so much) but the feet really. They REALLY stand out more than anything. Besides, I do agree with what she said in an earlier post. People wanted Espio to have a stand. If so then they may have to reduce the size of the feet for that to be possible.

You know, after looking at the picture of Espio's foot next to Robotnik's... that IS pretty bad. They're way too long. The length of the foot probably should have ended right where that black stripe is. Do you think Jazwares will reduce the size of the feet, though? They HAVE fixed problems before, but it was mostly with quality. I don't remember them ever re-sculpting anything on an already released figure. They DID add articulation to Tails' tails, but I dunno if that counts. It'd be really cool if they fixed Espio's feet, though.

Also, 10 inch Sonic... Holy crap! He looks great! I see they even gave him a thumbs up sculpt for one of his hands! I was afraid he was gonna have two fists or something like the three inch one. I just hope they quality on him is good... Maybe THIS is why the quality is slipping up. There's so much coming out all at once!

EDIT- I hope he can stand just as well as the 10 inch Metal Sonic =P

You know, after looking at the picture of Espio's foot next to Robotnik's... that IS pretty bad. They're way too long. The length of the foot probably should have ended right where that black stripe is. Do you think Jazwares will reduce the size of the feet, though? They HAVE fixed problems before, but it was mostly with quality. I don't remember them ever re-sculpting anything on an already released figure. They DID add articulation to Tails' tails, but I dunno if that counts. It'd be really cool if they fixed Espio's feet, though.

Also, 10 inch Sonic... Holy crap! He looks great! I see they even gave him a thumbs up sculpt for one of his hands! I was afraid he was gonna have two fists or something like the three inch one. I just hope they quality on him is good... Maybe THIS is why the quality is slipping up. There's so much coming out all at once!

EDIT- I hope he can stand just as well as the 10 inch Metal Sonic =P

I know redoing the sculpts is like something many would doubt they'd do. I doubt they will myself but it is something one can hope for. Besides, like I said. If people want Espio to come with a stand and Jazwares actually goes through with making it then they'll have to reduce the size of his feet. That or make a bigger base. What's even more sad is that I looked at Espio's feet compared to the resaurus figures. Espio's feet is not as long but IS just as thick as the feet on the resaurus figures which I think it's ugly. I know it's a fat chance but they should at least reduce the size of His feet and too even it out, his hands and head too should be smaller too. One can only wish. Heck maybe if they do redo the feet to be smaller, we could see detail on the bottom of his shoes. Oh and that 10 inch Sonic really is awesome! Great sculpt all around. A better sculpt than the 3 and 5 inch one. 20 bucks says that he'll fall over when someone tries to stand him up though. lol

Metal sonic really was like a big fat "sorry theres never ever ever evar been any merchandise of this character" apology to metal sonic fans. And god is it freakin sweet. Until they break that is. But yeah Sonic looks aite. Coulda been better I think. But still the best looking sonic figure of that size ever.

In other news, my Super Pack came in from TRU.com today!

Let's start with the negatives:

*There are two yellow Chaos Emeralds. There's a very small shading difference between them, but it's not enough to call the darker one orange.

*You all weren't kidding when you said the Emeralds were fraggin HUGE. They're like, really really wide. Enough so that they are now the Super Emeralds for me.

*Super Sonic's head was detached in the box

*It uses that same flimsy plastic that Amy/Espio/Vector uses, and the entire set suffers for it. The heads pop off really easily on Sonic and Silver.

*Super Sonic is even MORE structurally weaker than Sonic. Neither one can easily stand without a base as they are too top heavy.

*My Super Sonic has horrible paint apps on the eyes. Thank goodness I can remove them with a little polish remover.

Now for things that I knew were there, but still irritate me:

*Silver lacks paint apps on the bottom of his shoes. Why did they stop this?

*Silver has brighter blue on his shoes, but darker teal. This makes no sense at all.

*The yellow markings on Silver's gear are missing. I guess it wasn't worth the effort?

*Shadow's shoe undersoles are yet again miscolored.

*The interior of Shadow's gear is white, and it looks tacky as balls IMO

*Silver's face. I don't care if they changed it, I liked the old one better. Will totally be googling how to fix that.

And now for the postives. Yes, they are here!

*They got the shades of yellow right. I still find that damned impressive.

*Sonic and Shadow have the glossy red and black apps that I was (and still will) add to all the characters to match the CG renders

*Super Sonic looks awesome despite his flaws. That's what a proper head sculpt does for you!

*No busted catches or incorrect limbs!

*They did curl up Silver's back hair. It's only as low as it is for articulation's sake. I'm ok with this.

*Silver actually has the proper muzzle color this time. Again, I am proud.

*Sonic has a serious face. That's actually a nice touch

Overall, I'm pretty ok with it. Biggest flaw is that god awful plastic. Just about everything else can be dealt with. I wonder if I can order a replacement emerald from Jazwares.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1d#ht_826wt_911

.........I mean he looks AITE. I mean, its better than any other of the the 10 inch 12 inch big sonic's right? He kinda...looks like my resaurus sonic...I mean its GOOD but, his head to eye ratio is....off. But remember folks, his head is most likely vinyl so, it could actually differ. Maybe. Maybe not. Still awesome though.

SO so SO close to perfect. But IMO 3 inch sonic STILL has the most technically accurate sculpt.

He looks so beast!!! I still prefer the 3in version, but this guy is awesome. He looks exactly like... Sonic in Unleashed and Colors, which is a plus. Jazwares, with their spot-on sculpts. And I bet the QC is WAY better on this guy since he's bigger and easier to make correctly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONIC-Sonic-Hedgehog-10-Inch-Figure-TRU-2010-/120622251549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c15a57e1d#ht_826wt_911

HOLY FLIPPING WHEE. I DO WANT. You see, 3" Sonic looked exactly like Sonic Unleashed. But this guy.... this guy looks like Sonic Adventure! Yes!

Aybody try popping a chaos emerald in some RIT dye? I've used it before on other projects and it worked really well.

I am unfamiliar with this substance. What would it do?

It's normally used for dying clothes. You mix it with water and heat it up onthe stove then let whatever you are dying sit in it for a little bit. It's pretty awesome stuff.

When the smeg did the 10 inch Sonic come out?, my god its like a year ago since 10 inch metal came out :) . so something popped into me brain, we saw Big's prototype all those months ago back in march/april and yet Vector and Espio have managed to come out before then. Whats up with that?

They're sculpting Froggy, that's what's up! We all know how EPICALLY EDTAILED Froggy is! We shouldn't expect them for at least another 20 years! Tenks, can we use your time travel powers?

Well Supersonic1497 at least ure in the USA (I assume) so you're in a country thats actually got em, all the U.K has is SONIC & TAILS + BLACK KNIGHT at the moment on PLAY.COM, i will be goin to Plymouth's TOYS R US soon to see if they got anything, but highly doubt it.

You think that's bad? I live in the country that's attached to the @##@@ U.S. and all our tru online has is Sonic/Knuckles comic pack.

Our stores have Super poser Yellow Sonic (I refuse to call that repaint crap a Super Sonic), and clear blue plastic sonic... lol.

I'm forced to import from Ebay, which is sadddddddd, considering our stock should be just as good as the U.S. >.>