New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Jazwares customer service got back to me. They need a copy of the receipt from the last 30 days, a photo of the damaged toy, and your home address, name and phone number. I'm getting a new Metal!

Hmm for me they didnt need a reciept, but thats still awesome, go go go :D

I saw that as well, and hopefully Jazwares may see it. Maybe this could be the comment that makes them consider, "Hey, our fans are beginning to get a bit disgruntled. Maybe we should step it up and produce only the best figures possible."

I would love nothing more than to see posts saying things like "I just bought the _____ at Toys R Us today and wow, the QC has really gone up on these things."

EDIT: Oh and happy 4,000 posts Superchaos! Quite the number you've got there. :D

The thread has 4,000, not meeee =P XD

...But yay Airplane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many possibilities! Tornado 1! 2! 3 A.K.A. Cyclone in Adventure 2 for you less educated fans =P) Which do you guys think we'll see? I think we'll probably see the Tornado, it was in Unleashed, so it was the most recent one used. (Unless you count that god-awful yellow one in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing)

***EDIT*** GAH! It is that stupid yellow plane! (I've gotta read more) I want the Tornado!!!! I want the X-Wing Conversion of 2 or 3! I want one that doesn't suck! Lol

To anyone who buys the super pack, and is willing to edit it:

Since Jazwares made new pegs to hold in the feet, they now have a rounded edge. If you cut into the shoe a bit, it'll allow for the joint to work like a limited, but affective, balljoint. This makes it easier for the figure to stand, and allows for more dynamic poses.

On a side note, drew this during Biology when I was taking notes:

335fbdu.jpg

It's not finished, I know, but I don't think I'll finish it since it's on a sheet of loose leaf.

• Like 1

I gotta try that LaLaM...

I just heard like a second of (what I hope and think is) Tails' new voice! He actually sounds like a boy! YAY

I leave you with an epic Eggman quote from Sonic Colors...

"I know they look delicious, but please refrain from licking the rides... that would be disgusting. Do you know where those rides have been?"

• Like 1

Jazwares responded to my wall post with:

"Hi Guys,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we are aware of the problem and are working on having it taken care of!!"

This is nice. Since they actually listen to fans, it may actually get fixed soon. (If you don't remember the post, it was about the current quality control issue with the sonic figures)

• Like 1

That's good to hear. And I agree, they do seem to fix problems when someone reports about them like that, which is a really nice plus.

I requested them about adding stands to the Espio/Vector pack on Twitter the other day and this was their reply:

hey! I put in the request, can't make any promises though, thanks for your suggestion!

Hopefully this means that they will at least consider it. I hope they can get stands added so that Espio and Vector (or at least Espio; Vector's big enough) can be consistent with the other figures. :)

The thread has 4,000, not meeee =P XD

WOW, that was a fail on my part, hahaha. I should probably read before I post next time lol.

Oh, and that's an awesome drawing, Lalam. The shading and details on him are phenomenal.

Thanks. I think it's nice, but I'm still reluctant to finish it due to how low quality it'll ultimately be in terms of durability. I don't think I was out to accomplish anything by it, though. Was simply for fun. Not a big fan of getting praise for fanart.

I think I like the sketch of this a lot more, too:

supersonic12.png

@ Lalam, cut the humble act.. that doodle is spectacular!

I want the super packs, but hopefully they'll address the quality control, ands I can pick up wave 2 after all the children have gotten their packs and finished going psycho over them. I'm constantly on the lookout on Ebay and the average price for them is 40$ including shipping, sometimes more... I can't order off TRU becuase apparently Canada is too international for them to ship.... You know on the same continent and all but it's too much of a hassle >.> . Toywiz is a joke so I'm not going there, BBTS has the Eggs/Metal pack up for preorder but no Super pack (AFF), and I drive to my TRU every Sunday. Since Canadian selection is non existant I can't hope to see the pack pop up there, lol. (Store only has 4 yellow Super poser Sonics', and 5 clear blue ones, and about 5 mini ASR Shadows'... and that's literally all their stock, it never changes and the items don't move... lol. I swear we get a new Sonic shipment like once every few months or something :/

You have watched and waited. You have begged and pleaded. You have asked me. And here they are! Pictures! I'm trying out my new camera so they might not be the best, but hey, theyre pictures. I'll start with the Supers....

Notice Super Sonic's brighter shoes

post-35928-1284508235407_thumb.jpg

post-35928-12845082471852_thumb.jpg

post-35928-12845082577215_thumb.jpg

post-35928-12845082797344_thumb.jpg

post-35928-12845082909349_thumb.jpg

post-35928-12845083033766_thumb.jpg

post-35928-1284508316372_thumb.jpg

post-35928-12845083274514_thumb.jpg

And 2 last pictures. For laughs. My desk, where most of my non-3" Sonic guys go, and have to hang out with a group of other random action figures.

Also Sonic and Super Sonic showing off their posing skills. Thats all my pictures

Looks like some of your joints are still kind of pried open, bro. I'd suggest simply using a hair dryer to fix that.

Also... PLEASE resize your images!

Yeah the joints. I haven't gotten around to fixing those yet, but i surely will some time soon. And the size, too big? I can fix that. But you know, for me they show up as thumbnails and enlarge when i click on them. Are you seeing the whole full-size pictures? Or do you just want them smaller?

post-35928-12845086649568_thumb.jpg

post-35928-12845086749835_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And 2 last pictures. For laughs. My desk, where most of my non-3" Sonic guys go, and have to hang out with a group of other random action figures.

Also Sonic and Super Sonic showing off their posing skills. Thats all my pictures

Looks like some of your joints are still kind of pried open, bro. I'd suggest simply using a hair dryer to fix that.

Also... PLEASE resize your images!

Yeah the joints. I haven't gotten around to fixing those yet, but i surely will some time soon. And the size, too big? I can fix that. But for me they show up tiny and get bigger when i click on them. Are they always huge for you?

the sizes are good on the page when you click them they blow up bigger than my screen, lol

the sizes are good on the page when you click them they blow up bigger than my screen, lol

Yeah, heh heh. Sorry bout that. I could make them smaller if you want

Yes please! that would be cool, so I don't have to scroll around the whole page to see a character :P

I've been working on my drawings too... While you sorta free style yours (LaLaM), I tend to do either in game or game artwork styled drawings. I can't break the habit. I have a good looking in game Super Sonic. I also have a very good artwork Sonic, I just can't figure out what to do with his hands.

I love drawing hands, and since I've been drawing them for years, it comes with ease at this point.

• Like 1

Eee he he! Man, it does me good to see those Chaos Emeralds! I remember using these random plastic jewels for Chaos Emeralds way back in the day (and having to use those McDonald's toys for Sonic figures). I cannot wait to find this pack! I only wish Sonic had a joint in his neck to let him look up so I could do a flying pose.

My TRU got the Chaotix pack in, so I had to rush there to beat the scalpers. Same old story. Great sculpts, poor OC.Both of Vector's legs have defective catches, but he can stand regardless. I had to pick and choose to get a decent Espio, Also, I've just been made aware that Espio is friggn HUGE compared to the others. I thought it was a scale problem, then I looked up his canon height. It's 110 cm, which is the same as Knuckles. However, I recently learned that height measurements are taken from the base of the skull. Espio's is somewhat visible from the back, and sure enough, it's exactly where the Knuckles figure caps off. So Espio is actually in scale, and I learned something today.

The funny thing is, he's about the size Silver SHOULD have been. His head quills should make him tower over the other Hedgehogs. Oh well, what can you do!

I'll have some very neat pictures coming up later on.

Oh, and whoever said Vector was the same height as Sonic stood their figure wrong. Vector EASILY towers over the Sonic figure. He's almost as tall as Eggman here.

A thought occurs.

Jazwares was spot on about fixing up the crap-tastic first wave of Metal Sonics, has ANYONE tried doing the same thing for error-filled Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver, or Espio and Vector? I mean, hypothetically speaking the circumstances are identical; their QC messed up royal and they provide the consumers with corrected figures.

Or did I miss something?

• Like 1

My super silver has super sonic joints in his left leg. The leg is fine, but the joints are bright yellow. Also, sonic has two left arms. I switched his right one around and trimmed the elbow catch so it works properly. Shadow has two right forearms (or is it left? Or his leg...?). The red stripe is on the inside. Oh, sonic also had a black figerprint on the sidebar his head, but I chose it over the other cause I figured I could sand it out and the other set had some major paint problems. His mouth is not set properly on his head.

I might end up buying another pack if they fix them, but it's not a major concern. You'd never be able to tell the problems from afar.

On a side note, it'd be nifty if they came out with an alternate hands pack. I would love some open hands without having to buy another tails just for his hands.

I went to TRU today and I saw that there were 3 of the Espio/Vector comic 2-pack so I bought one. Vector came out very nice. I'm very pleased with him. His left lower leg was assembled backwards though but I fixed the problem so it's no biggie. Espio though....ugh! In my opinion, he looks so stupidly out of scale. He should be about the same height as either Sonic or Knuckles I believe but he's much taller than Sonic and a bit taller than Knuckles. As far as the sculpts go. I'm not too fond of it. His limbs are so skinny and long, he has this wide apple shaped body and I think what really makes him stupidly out of scale is that he has a BIG head and his feet are big and bulky compared to even Knuckles. His feet are just as long as Dr. Eggman's. As for the QC control of Espio, I didn't have the backwards knee joint problem I've heard about but his most of his joints were very loose and some were poorly assembled. Over all, I like the prototype of Espio better. Based on what Lalam said, it seems like they'll fix the QC on figures like Espio in the future so that's great. I know this will most likely not happen but I really do hope they fix Espio in a better scale suitable for the majority of the 3 inch Sonic figures.

• Like 1

I went to TRU today and I saw that there were 3 of the Espio/Vector comic 2-pack so I bought one. Vector came out very nice. I'm very pleased with him. His left lower leg was assembled backwards though but I fixed the problem so it's no biggie. Espio though....ugh! In my opinion, he looks so stupidly out of scale. He should be about the same height as either Sonic or Knuckles I believe but he's much taller than Sonic and a bit taller than Knuckles. As far as the sculpts go. I'm not too fond of it. His limbs are so skinny and long, he has this wide apple shaped body and I think what really makes him stupidly out of scale is that he has a BIG head and his feet are big and bulky compared to even Knuckles. His feet are just as long as Dr. Eggman's. As for the QC control of Espio, I didn't have the backwards knee joint problem I've heard about but his most of his joints were very loose and some were poorly assembled. Over all, I like the prototype of Espio better. Based on what Lalam said, it seems like they'll fix the QC on figures like Espio in the future so that's great. I know this will most likely not happen but I really do hope they fix Espio in a better scale suitable for the majority of the 3 inch Sonic figures.

I noticed that Espio was bigger than the others in pictures. I think that's how he's supposed to be, though. The only problem I see really is that his feet are way too big