New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I take credit for mentioning it first on the first Jazwares Q and A, first comment.... me first. lol

Raithos: Join Date, April 2010

6th - Super Silver:

The natural progression from the other two Super Hedgehogs, Super Silver nicely rounds out the "Super" trio and allows fans to more-or-less recreate the epic '06 battle (at least until either you guys or someone else actually goes above-and-beyond to make a full-fledged giant Solaris figure). Thing is, SSi is a toughy, easily the hardest to get accurate of the three Supers. Physically his quils, as with the other hedgehogs, rise, the two large ones on the back of his head to be specific, curve upward. Oddly enough, his back spikes are also conveyed as tilting upward in certain pictures, but this is a minute detail at best. Thing is, you're going to have to make a whole new body mold for this guy as his chest fur goes apeshit-crazy in this form, growing outward and actually slightly BEHIND him, so the back spikes may as well be turned up while you're at it. Some pictures also convey him with more quills in his forehead mane but based on actual game-footage this is a mistake. Now for the color. Oi, I can barely describe it. Greenish-White-Gold-Cream anyone? Yeah, SSi's primary color's a #$#@# to figure out, but at least his Chest fur is simple; turning basic gold, with red pupils as with all "Super" hedgies, though his have been noted to be RUBY RED (yeah, now we're getting anal eh?). As for the rest of him, well, he's really sort of a light grey with a green shade, almost mint-like in my opinion. Alot of people will simply tell you SSi is just gold or light gold but if you consult the actual gameplay you can see that aside from his initial transformation (in which he was basked in Super Sonic's golden aura FYI) he retains a more or less non-gold tone. Aside from that, the other "Super" standards apply here; glitter and/or shine effect, accurate physicality, downward "mid-float" ankles (In Silver's case it may be perfectly acceptable to disregard the downward floating ankles due to his boots OR make the mold of his boots downward pointing to begin with and sacrifice his ability to be posed standing up. Maybe throw in a cheap clear display stand with the "Supers" to justify it, how much can those cost to make, right?). I know this sounds like alot of trouble to go through, but Super Silver is a popular/demmanded character, and it also opens up the possibility of a "Super Sonic/Super Shadow/Super Silver" three-pack that you can sell together (or make the "Supers" exclusive to such a pack, though keep in mind, poor quality will dissuade a good %10-15 of your customers from shelling out the $15-20 dollars for such a pack.). Cha-ching baby. Rather then a pic, use this video as reference:

In fact, this mod, ESPECIALLY the "Episode Select: Last Episode" Group shot (about 0:21) is a TREMENDOUSLY GOOD/ACCURATE reference to go by. The thing with the "Supers" is that you want them to look impressive, accurate and complimentary of each other (as in the group shot). My advice? Start by putting all your efforts into a accurate and impressive Super Sonic (he's easily top-tier) and go from there, using the same techniques for Super Shadow (2nd) and Super Silver (3rd). The key here, folks, is quality, if you make a good Super Sonic, then Super Shadow and Super Silver will be that much easier to go with and the triple combo is just a very desirable and PROFITABLE marketable line. A nice photo of your three QUALITY "Supers" in a 3-pack floating around the net/back of other figures boxes = CHA-CHING. And exclusivity-deals to Target, Toys-R-Us, Gamestop, Archie Comics etc. = EVEN MORE CHA-CHING. The Super's aren't tremendously complex characters (Metal Sonic, The E-Series, Big etc. all have way more complex designs and have been figurized), and your payout easily exceeds what you put in.

You're about a year late there guy =P

If you were just joking, sorry. But I did spend ALOOOT of time on that list, followed immediately by ALOOOOT of time defending said-Super 3-pack against LamLam (no disrespect). So, yeah, think I've earned the credit.

I'm sorry, but it's pitiful that people even have to try and grab attention by stating "oh I suggested it first lol everyone thank me!"

Seriously? You're suggesting something. You were aware of this topic before another person; you ackowledged something before someone else had the ability to. That doesn't imply that you should get the least bit of god damn praise.

Also: "my dad can beat up your dad" competitions.

On topic: is the eggman/metal pack $20 retail? If so, there's NO way I'm buying it. It's only worth 10.

I say you guys wait a bit hahaha have some patience! I know. I want BOTH packs so bad it hurts. My soul. But I live in GA (Jazwares is located in Florida...what ever that implies. I mean they ARENT MADE IN the usa.) and it has taken a while for things to show up. Just because we see them now on Ebay doesnt mean OHMAHGOD their errrwhere. Heh. So Id wait a bit, thats my plan anyways heh.

I totally agree, wait until the scalpers have their fill and more packs flood the market, it's not like they'll disappear completely so I'd also wait

Yes, they'll come full circle and the "scalpers" wont have the edge they had when they become readily available. For instance, tails was about 30 bucks on some sites. Now hes availible on Toys R us for his official price and amazon for dollar over (both include shipping of course.) Jazwares will probably ramp up production in the coming winter and fall months. Then or POSSIBLY earlier (if very lucky) some of us might be able to get them.

Plus it's good to wait until wave 2 so the kinks from the first wave can be resolved

You're about a year late there guy =P

If you were just joking, sorry. But I did spend ALOOOT of time on that list, followed immediately by ALOOOOT of time defending said-Super 3-pack against LamLam (no disrespect). So, yeah, think I've earned the credit.

I was just messing around lol, wanted to drop in I was first on the Jazwares Q and A which was pretty much a year after the original concept was pounced by you on this thread lol :P

6th - Super Silver:

The natural progression from the other two Super Hedgehogs, Super Silver nicely rounds out the "Super" trio and allows fans to more-or-less recreate the epic '06 battle (at least until either you guys or someone else actually goes above-and-beyond to make a full-fledged giant Solaris figure). Thing is, SSi is a toughy, easily the hardest to get accurate of the three Supers. Physically his quils, as with the other hedgehogs, rise, the two large ones on the back of his head to be specific, curve upward. Oddly enough, his back spikes are also conveyed as tilting upward in certain pictures, but this is a minute detail at best. Thing is, you're going to have to make a whole new body mold for this guy as his chest fur goes apeshit-crazy in this form, growing outward and actually slightly BEHIND him, so the back spikes may as well be turned up while you're at it. Some pictures also convey him with more quills in his forehead mane but based on actual game-footage this is a mistake. Now for the color. Oi, I can barely describe it. Greenish-White-Gold-Cream anyone? Yeah, SSi's primary color's a #$#@# to figure out, but at least his Chest fur is simple; turning basic gold, with red pupils as with all "Super" hedgies, though his have been noted to be RUBY RED (yeah, now we're getting anal eh?). As for the rest of him, well, he's really sort of a light grey with a green shade, almost mint-like in my opinion. Alot of people will simply tell you SSi is just gold or light gold but if you consult the actual gameplay you can see that aside from his initial transformation (in which he was basked in Super Sonic's golden aura FYI) he retains a more or less non-gold tone. Aside from that, the other "Super" standards apply here; glitter and/or shine effect, accurate physicality, downward "mid-float" ankles (In Silver's case it may be perfectly acceptable to disregard the downward floating ankles due to his boots OR make the mold of his boots downward pointing to begin with and sacrifice his ability to be posed standing up. Maybe throw in a cheap clear display stand with the "Supers" to justify it, how much can those cost to make, right?). I know this sounds like alot of trouble to go through, but Super Silver is a popular/demmanded character, and it also opens up the possibility of a "Super Sonic/Super Shadow/Super Silver" three-pack that you can sell together (or make the "Supers" exclusive to such a pack, though keep in mind, poor quality will dissuade a good %10-15 of your customers from shelling out the $15-20 dollars for such a pack.). Cha-ching baby. Rather then a pic, use this video as reference:

In fact, this mod, ESPECIALLY the "Episode Select: Last Episode" Group shot (about 0:21) is a TREMENDOUSLY GOOD/ACCURATE reference to go by. The thing with the "Supers" is that you want them to look impressive, accurate and complimentary of each other (as in the group shot). My advice? Start by putting all your efforts into a accurate and impressive Super Sonic (he's easily top-tier) and go from there, using the same techniques for Super Shadow (2nd) and Super Silver (3rd). The key here, folks, is quality, if you make a good Super Sonic, then Super Shadow and Super Silver will be that much easier to go with and the triple combo is just a very desirable and PROFITABLE marketable line. A nice photo of your three QUALITY "Supers" in a 3-pack floating around the net/back of other figures boxes = CHA-CHING. And exclusivity-deals to Target, Toys-R-Us, Gamestop, Archie Comics etc. = EVEN MORE CHA-CHING. The Super's aren't tremendously complex characters (Metal Sonic, The E-Series, Big etc. all have way more complex designs and have been figurized), and your payout easily exceeds what you put in.

Well, you were half right. You missed:

*He actually turns "white-gold"

*Everything that was cyan turns yellow

*The edges of the bottom two forehead quills raise

*The mane usually sits down on his back. Now it curls upward.

Incidentally, all of these could be observed by looking at the game's model.

I'm sorry, but it's pitiful that people even have to try and grab attention by stating "oh I suggested it first lol everyone thank me!"

Seriously? You're suggesting something. You were aware of this topic before another person; you ackowledged something before someone else had the ability to. That doesn't imply that you should get the least bit of god damn praise.

On topic: is the eggman/metal pack $20 retail? If so, there's NO way I'm buying it. It's only worth 10.

Yes, I agree with Lalam here. Taking credit shows you may be mentally challenged.

Also the pack has been shown to be $13. Same price as a comic pack actually.

Bah, checked TRU today, but they only had current single packs with Amy. I have a feeling it'll show up soon.

I was thinking, though: What do you guys think of a Classic Pack? Most of it would be minor changes, like Sonic could have his classic non-buckled shoes and perhaps a new headsculpt that looks close to the old artwork (hard to do, since there isn't much difference). Then they could do a Tails with similarly classic looking shoes and maybe a new head, and heck, they could take the chance to make him a bit shorter. Star of the pack, of course, would be a classic Robotnik, and that would be the reason for the pack. I dunno if they plan on doing him, but since most of the stuff is based on the new games, I assume they would need an excuse like this to release a classic Robotnik.

Any other ideas on how they could release a classic Robotnik?

I was thinking about this. we should send this idea to Jazwares. A 3 inch Forgotten Friends Pack with Bark, Bean, Mighty, Fang, and Ray!

As great as this would be, and as great as the Classic line would be. I...well....it COULD happen. But F4F and GE entertainment already have a license to classic stuff. Do we need more? As far as what you suggested Supersonic1497, THOSE could be something GE entertainment could get into. They make plushs, wallets, all kinds of stuff. They could obtain the Japanese licensing required. Or hell, if F4F's line of classics does well enough, maybe THEY'LL continue series 3 withhhhh.... FANG, and MECHA sonic, and Bark and bean, and possibly ray (possibly.)

But whats next guys? We have a 10 inch sonic coming. Well ive read here and there, and made a suggestion to Jazwares during my email about my metal sonic (3 inch) concerning my TEN inch metal sonic. See, mine broke. The leg broke due to too much stress on such a small joint. The plastic around the joint at his thigh as it meets his torso literally moved ever time I moved the leg (it streched, flexed, and eventually just snapped) its because of the joint structure I believe. They made it one of those....well I cant think of a better term but, like a REVOLTECH like joints. They, hopefully, change this. By all means a LARGE Figure should be the last thing that breaks.

As far as tails goes. He has a large mold hurdle to over come. One that people have always seemed to struggle with. Whats the ONE part on ANY given tails figure or even plushy that breaks first?...Yeah. The 3 inch tails was changed to having rotating tails, which is good. But if jazwares does a full 5 inch line, what then? Well, maybe look to what OTHERS have done in the past. The toy island 5 inch tails had REMOVABLE tails.

Like, my Megaman Zero (From jazwares) his HAIR is removable. It keeps it from being broken, or getting in the way of poses. Im of course suggesting that they give this some thought. JUST so that they are more durable, and well...that tails is easier for kids to play with!

To me, Im all about durability over accuracy. As far as toys go heh.

I also suggest that jazwares makes a NEW sonic super poser. Well, its only smart really! Collectors and fans will of course jump at the chance to get a better 7-8 inch mold of sonic! Id have to say, I would heh. Then perhaps in the future a new Super sonic super poser? Based off of the "new" sonic? (Altered quills of course.)

OHH also, I think I speak for everyone with this, but. Id love to see 5 inch TAILS, KNUCKLES, And of course. METAL SONIC. In that order heh.

As far as the juvi's go, it seems they never did all that spectacular. I wouldnt really know. I was actually trying to wait and find a "NEW" sonic one, where the head was much more well molded. But was unable to. A tails and a Eggman would probably be awesome. But its of course, up to jazwares.

Sorry, HOW is it pitiful to ask that people recognize you for your efforts? If someone comes up with a good idea, and it's recognized as such, I don't really think it's arrogant or pitiful for that person to expect a certain degree of approval. This entire thread is about people throwing around ideas for the Sonic line, and if we basically take their ideas and then turn around and go "well piss off because you didn't do a freaking thing ass!" what sort of message is that about who we are? How does that make ANYONE want to throw in their input if all their going to get is a giant middle-finger in return?

I'm not a fan of anyone claiming to be superior, but I am a fan of giving credit where credit is due and recognizing effort as such. It is sad to me that there are people on this thread who are so obsessed with "winning" and being "right" that they actively scorn their fellow forum-members and aggressively try to discourage people. It is a sad reflection of their own superficiality that they would put their own pride above creating a friendly round-table environment where people can feel free to bring their ideas fourth for the sake of bettering the Jazware's Sonic line. Choosing instead to merely act as spiteful nay-sayers and pessimists. It really is a dissapointing side of this thread.

As for my own personal claims, it doesn't matter. In the end, these people are just haters and pests. As a wise man once said "don't feed the troll." What's important to me is that, in about two weeks to a month, I'll be holding the very-same Super Hedgehog Three-Pack that I envisioned roughly a year ago when I first wrote out that list in my own hands. Do I claim to be 100% responsible for it's creation? Of course not. Do I still see it as an accomplishment? Absolutely. I am filled with joy that, after all the writing and effort put into it, I will finally have something I've been gunning for since childhood. And I am also ecstatic that this event shows Jazwares to be a company who puts their fans first and DOES validate the efforts of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US here on this thread.

To all the dreamers out there who have their own ideas for Sonic figures and concepts that they feel cannot be actualized, I say do not give up. It worked for me, you can do it to. Let the haters hate, they're just dust in the wind. The important thing is Jazwares is watching, and what you bring here will have value, no matter what others claim. And I, for one, give credit and praise to the folks who have seen their ideas and requests actualized in this line, and I would like to think there are a lot of good people in this thread who would do the same. Peace.

-Tenks

• Like 2

I agree with agent 5050. I mean, its not a big deal guys. Tenks DID mention it first. I remembered it right when I SAW the super pack on, The MAN, Jamaro's desk. But I guess...it at first seemed sorta....asinine? To be taking credit for it? Or was it intended in a kidding sort of way Tenks? Like when you said "Ill take credit for it" or a variation of that. I mean, I can see how it got misconstrued as you saying its YOUR doing that the figures exist in the first place. But I didnt take it as such.

Tenks DID really campaign the idea, as I remember I myself wasnt reaaaallly enthusiastic about a super silver for instance. We talked about it and etc, but it happened much the way Tenks said should happen himself. But of course as he said above, hes not taking FULL credit, you might say the fact that they ended up in a pack together like he said was HIS idea. But anyways...

I find it a mute point because JAZWARES made them, but due to our influence, and perhaps TENKS'S idea for a SUPER, PACK.

I think really its just another asinine misunderstanding, no need again, to get so riled up Lalam, and tenks, I think you simply worded it wrong, you deserve the "credit" for your help, ideas, and influence it had on those particular figures. I mean for instance, I believe IM the only one whos put OMEGA in my "priority list" if he gets made sure, Id be one of the people who advertised it the most, so in a way Id deserve credit for that, (Not that id actually TRULY ask for it, or give a damn in the first place.) but its the people here as a whole and of course the COMPANY whos the subject, that deserves the credit, but again, Tenks WAS as I recall, the first and only person to suggest a super pack with all three characters, and...it happened!

We dont REALLY know how much influence it had, but I dont see the harm in acknowledging he suggested it and it HAPPENED eh? And again, I dont think he was being SERIOUS like, "OHH its all thanks to me bow down." No big deal guys

OHH post 111 heh.

Good news all! You guys remember the horrible Sonic voice for Alton Towers that turned out to be Roger Craig Smith? Well those were edited (I thought so).... When you hear them normally it sounds great! He sounds younger than Ryan and Jason but it is very good in my opinion! Go check it out at The Sonic Stadium if you wanna hear it.

I am still not the biggest fan of his new sonic voice but at least this one sounds more like sonic! People kept getting angry about griffith when he didn't even do a bad job, of course drummond was better but griffith was ok too. but they were both better than this guy in my opinion. so now every one who hates this can thank the griffith haters. :mellow:

I HATED GRIFFITH AT FIRST... Especially the way HiS tOnE fLuCtUaTeD uP aNd DoWn WiTh EvErY sYlLaBlE!!! He lost that and then his voice improved more and more each game and I grew a bit fond of it. Ryan is still my favorite but I want to hear Roger in action.

Also "You too Knuckles, your singing really really suckles"

Im not sure I quite understand this anger towards the change, I mean, each time theyve stepped up to a more credited and possibly more talented voice actor.

Fans hear about 5 lines from him from a freaking hotel recording and they Flail their arms and call foul. I just dont get it. Do people not understand how voice acting works? Jason was never really around much (like doing multiple roles) namely one of his few roles was Ussop from One piece (I couldnt bare to hear it, which is an exaggeration, but still...) which was dubbed byyyyy 4 Kids. Jason isnt REALLY that super talented. Or his experience really lacks, SAME with drummond. WHICH apparently many or MOST sonic fans think other wise.

I have a game on the dreamcast called BLUE STINGER (weird game, corny and stupid in a good way, hard to explain but yeah.) in which he did a voice, other than that and sonic? Yeah, not much. He just wasnt that experienced or really that talented.

NOWW we get ROGER, CRAIG SMITH. Hes been everywhere, and hes respected and very talented. AAAAAND fans complain. I just ignore it usually. Most fans in general, and I speak for MORE than JUST the sonic fans, lack general logic, and get riled up over really and truly trivial things.

ONCE, we get CLEAR samples (which we have!) and once the man finds a "voice" for sonic, THEN we can judge.

And dont get me wrong, Ryan was great at the time, Jason isnt a BAD actor at ALL. I just dont think he has a wide voicing "range" and to me, WASNT A BAD sonic, I never complained or disliked the change, it never mattered to me, the GAMES are what I cared about, I new voice actors would come and go.

But as far as capturing the young cocky energetic character sonic is, I think Roger is my favorite person to voice the characters, people need to stop letting "CHECK OUT THE CONSOLESSS" bother them sooo much. Its far too early to get all angry and stuff.

EDIT: This ACTUALLY isnt a good example, Ive heard other clips of him showcasing even MORE flexibility in his voicing.

And check out 2:43, thats SONIC and TAILS talking to each other...HAHA. And Kate higgins is WAY better than amy palant (tails's old and new voice actress's)

Sorry, HOW is it pitiful to ask that people recognize you for your efforts? If someone comes up with a good idea, and it's recognized as such, I don't really think it's arrogant or pitiful for that person to expect a certain degree of approval. This entire thread is about people throwing around ideas for the Sonic line, and if we basically take their ideas and then turn around and go "well piss off because you didn't do a freaking thing ass!" what sort of message is that about who we are? How does that make ANYONE want to throw in their input if all their going to get is a giant middle-finger in return?

I'm not a fan of anyone claiming to be superior, but I am a fan of giving credit where credit is due and recognizing effort as such. It is sad to me that there are people on this thread who are so obsessed with "winning" and being "right" that they actively scorn their fellow forum-members and aggressively try to discourage people. It is a sad reflection of their own superficiality that they would put their own pride above creating a friendly round-table environment where people can feel free to bring their ideas fourth for the sake of bettering the Jazware's Sonic line. Choosing instead to merely act as spiteful nay-sayers and pessimists. It really is a dissapointing side of this thread.

As for my own personal claims, it doesn't matter. In the end, these people are just haters and pests. As a wise man once said "don't feed the troll." What's important to me is that, in about two weeks to a month, I'll be holding the very-same Super Hedgehog Three-Pack that I envisioned roughly a year ago when I first wrote out that list in my own hands. Do I claim to be 100% responsible for it's creation? Of course not. Do I still see it as an accomplishment? Absolutely. I am filled with joy that, after all the writing and effort put into it, I will finally have something I've been gunning for since childhood. And I am also ecstatic that this event shows Jazwares to be a company who puts their fans first and DOES validate the efforts of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US here on this thread.

To all the dreamers out there who have their own ideas for Sonic figures and concepts that they feel cannot be actualized, I say do not give up. It worked for me, you can do it to. Let the haters hate, they're just dust in the wind. The important thing is Jazwares is watching, and what you bring here will have value, no matter what others claim. And I, for one, give credit and praise to the folks who have seen their ideas and requests actualized in this line, and I would like to think there are a lot of good people in this thread who would do the same. Peace.

-Tenks

What in the name of the All Spark are you babbling about? There haven't been any haters or naysayers here. Sure, there's been a couple of disagreements, but that only boiled down to everyone doesn't wanna buy everything, which is understandable. The very fact of the matter is that the Super pack was set in stone before you even started typing (Likely as early as when the Werehog started coming out). And even if it wasn't, the fact that such a thing was going to exist was so bleedingly obvious, it really didn't even need suggesting.

In any case, to ask for credit here, would be to suggest that this wouldn't have happened if you (in general, not you specifically) hadn't mentioned it, which just plain ain't true. Even Metal Knuckles whom I practically obsess over would have, and in fact has been suggested by plenty of other people.

In the end, I don't think anyone really gives a slag who came up with what idea. I'm personally just glad to have the stuff coming.

As for what to do next, I think as far as current game characters, Team Dark is at the top of my priority list. Followed by Eggman Nega, and then two of the remaining three Super States that aren't Sonic's (Knuckles, Blaze). Tails, I'm not too big on a super figure because I think that both of the game versions are VASTLY inferior to the comic's Turbo Tails (and I still have the extra Tails for that)

After that, I suppose I'd like to see the modern game cast finished off, in hopes of starting out either the classic game cast or the comic cast.

Oh, and the new voice. Better than Griffith by a fair margin. Could possibly surpass Drummond with proper dialogue.

I'm not gonna judge much but based on what I heard in the commercial of the Sonic Spinball (I'm not counting the Sonic Room lines because altered or not, we all know it wasn't the greatest.), it does sound pretty decent for Sonic. However the pitch of his voice sounds way too high like that voice was altered and it sounded like a regular teenager trying to act as Sonic. Now I don't hate Roger Craig Smith as Sonic, he does sound like he might actually be just as likable as Ryan Drummond was. I'll wait til Sonic Colors comes out for me to completely put my finger on how I feel towards Smith as Sonic but as of now, I'd have to say that I like both Ryan Drummond and Jason Griffith better. I think the main reason for that is because while neither of their Sonic voices were of course their real voices, both of them made their voices sound very natural like they didn't have to try so hard to pull off the kinda nasally, high toned, very energetic voice that is Sonic where as to my opinion anyways, Smith's Sonic voice sounds more forced. Perhaps my opinion will change when Sonic Colors comes out. After all, my opinion for Jason Griffith did change over time too. At first, I didn't like Griffith's voice but I had faith in his potential, then over time I liked Griffith but Ryan more and now, I don't give a damn which one voices Sonic. Maybe it'll be the same with Smith, maybe not. It's just my opinion and no matter how I feel about the voice actors, I'm gonna enjoy playing the game and watching the cut scenes anyway! As for Kate Higgins as Tails though. I've heard her demo reel and I have more than enough faith that she'll be the first female Tails actress that'll do such an extraordinary job! Never was too fond of Amy Palant as Tails but overtime, I accepted her voice and accepted the fact that she was improving a bit. I never did like that whole "valley girl" accent I heard in Tails' voice though. Kate Higgins was a great choice by Sega! Looking forward to hearing how her voice for Tails would sound in Sonic Colors!

I just called both of the TRUs in my area (Cary and Durham, NC) to save the time and gas from going over there, and both seemed very picked over. I asked about the 3-inch figures, and the Cary TRU only had the Sonic/Amy packs and the 3-inch Werehog, while the Durham TRU only had the single-card Sonic and Knuckles. No Amy or Eggman/Metal Sonic pack that I was hoping for. I just wish Toys R Us had a more even distribution of figures throughout their stores, instead of having certain regions wait for items that other regions already have. That would be greatly appreciated.

On a different note, I just thought of an awesome idea for the 3-inch display that I was making. See, I've been wanting to use Clear Blue Sonic for the display in some way, since he was the only one who didn't have a stand. Well after checking this page on Sonic Gear today, I noticed that you could actually remove and keep the diorama part of the package for the Eggman/Metal pack. So I decided that I would keep the diorama part and actually display Eggman on it behind the other figures. But for that tube that you can hold characters in (which holds Metal Sonic in the package), I'll put Clear Blue Sonic in there so it looks like Eggman is building a clone of Sonic that's still in the prototype stages! That way, every figure will be used in some way. Genius, no? :P

Alexx, we've been over this time and time again =P

Oh heck, really? Bah, I don't pay attention. This thread is huge! Hopefully I wasn't the one to bring it up last as well...I've done that before on other forums. When enough time passes I can't remember if I've suggested things before.

I agree with agent 5050. I mean, its not a big deal guys. Tenks DID mention it first. I remembered it right when I SAW the super pack on, The MAN, Jamaro's desk. But I guess...it at first seemed sorta....asinine? To be taking credit for it? Or was it intended in a kidding sort of way Tenks? Like when you said "Ill take credit for it" or a variation of that. I mean, I can see how it got misconstrued as you saying its YOUR doing that the figures exist in the first place. But I didnt take it as such.

Tenks DID really campaign the idea, as I remember I myself wasnt reaaaallly enthusiastic about a super silver for instance. We talked about it and etc, but it happened much the way Tenks said should happen himself. But of course as he said above, hes not taking FULL credit, you might say the fact that they ended up in a pack together like he said was HIS idea. But anyways...

I find it a mute point because JAZWARES made them, but due to our influence, and perhaps TENKS'S idea for a SUPER, PACK.

I think really its just another asinine misunderstanding, no need again, to get so riled up Lalam, and tenks, I think you simply worded it wrong, you deserve the "credit" for your help, ideas, and influence it had on those particular figures. I mean for instance, I believe IM the only one whos put OMEGA in my "priority list" if he gets made sure, Id be one of the people who advertised it the most, so in a way Id deserve credit for that, (Not that id actually TRULY ask for it, or give a damn in the first place.) but its the people here as a whole and of course the COMPANY whos the subject, that deserves the credit, but again, Tenks WAS as I recall, the first and only person to suggest a super pack with all three characters, and...it happened!

We dont REALLY know how much influence it had, but I dont see the harm in acknowledging he suggested it and it HAPPENED eh? And again, I dont think he was being SERIOUS like, "OHH its all thanks to me bow down." No big deal guys

OHH post 111 heh.

Exactly.

I don't think anyone is arrogant enough to take full credit for anything that comes out of Jazwares. And I'm not in any way saying that, without me, Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver wouldn't have been figurized eventually. Really I think when people take "credit" what they are really asking for approval of is how they campaigned an idea in the first place. In my case, I pushed like crazy for a Super 3-pack (specifically Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver together in a single pack) with stuff like the long-ass original Tier List. We all knew these characters would be seen in figure form eventually, but there was alot of doubt about the idea of tossing all three Super Hedgehogs together. Even right after I wrote the idea it was met with alot of resistance (during which time I kept pushing for it and defending it) and, as I recall, initially the pack was only a two pack with Super Sonic and Super Shadow. So yeah, I'm not claiming anybody OWES me for anything at all. Only thing I'm saying is, I put alot of effort into campaigning for and defending the idea (pretty much by myself) in the face of alot of nay-sayers (lots of people here dislike Super Silver =P), so even if Jazwares had a similar idea way back in the day, I'd like to think I was, at the very least, a serious help in tipping the scales in the Super Sonic/Super Shadow/Super Silver 3-pack's favor. It's really more the EFFORT of campaigning the idea that I'm asking for credit for, not really the initial idea itself. That's all.

And no worries. As I said before, I'm not gonna "feed the troll" on this one.

Alexx, we've been over this time and time again =P

Oh heck, really? Bah, I don't pay attention. This thread is huge! Hopefully I wasn't the one to bring it up last as well...I've done that before on other forums. When enough time passes I can't remember if I've suggested things before.

No worries, I'm the same way... Let's hope this thread lives strong and we'll be placing our forgotten ideas that we've already posted onto it for years to come! Lol

The bios are awesome i think (If anyone cant read them i could post them up for ya). Metal's bio is perfect and Eggman's bio is funny (ROLY-POLY). The only mistake i see is; "Dr Eggman: Also known as Dr Robotnik". It should've been the other way around
Seconded. His full name is Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik AKA Warlord Julian Kintobor. I'm happy they acknowledged it at all, though!

I just called both of the TRUs in my area (Cary and Durham, NC) to save the time and gas from going over there, and both seemed very picked over. I asked about the 3-inch figures, and the Cary TRU only had the Sonic/Amy packs and the 3-inch Werehog, while the Durham TRU only had the single-card Sonic and Knuckles. No Amy or Eggman/Metal Sonic pack that I was hoping for. I just wish Toys R Us had a more even distribution of figures throughout their stores, instead of having certain regions wait for items that other regions already have. That would be greatly appreciated.

On a different note, I just thought of an awesome idea for the 3-inch display that I was making. See, I've been wanting to use Clear Blue Sonic for the display in some way, since he was the only one who didn't have a stand. Well after checking this page on Sonic Gear today, I noticed that you could actually remove and keep the diorama part of the package for the Eggman/Metal pack. So I decided that I would keep the diorama part and actually display Eggman on it behind the other figures. But for that tube that you can hold characters in (which holds Metal Sonic in the package), I'll put Clear Blue Sonic in there so it looks like Eggman is building a clone of Sonic that's still in the prototype stages! That way, every figure will be used in some way. Genius, no? :P

That's a great idea! Haha. That would work out nicely, seeing as Clear Blue Sonic doesn't have a stand. I'm going to TRU today to look for the pack. And man. After seeing all these pictures of Eggman... Seriously. He's BEGGING for an Eggmobile! Jazwares, make it happen!