New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

For anyone who don't know how to find TNI site, just read here. Be sure to read the bold part and underline part, that seem promising. =)

Jazwares Inc. today announced that they are making toys based on SEGA's new games; Sonic Free Riders & Sonic Colors! There will be a line of 3" and 5" figures. Both will be available at the same time as game launch, which will be around 4th quarter 2010! Stay-tuned to TNI For more info on these as it becomes available.

Sonic Free Riders

Sonic is speeding onto Kinect for Xbox 360 in an action-packed experience unlike any other!

Become your favorite character as you jump on your board and get ready to compete in exhilarating, adrenaline-fueled races against tough competition. For the first time use full-motion body control to twist and turn your way through a range of visually stunning courses. Hi–octane fun for ‘riders’ of all ages, Sonic Free Riders brings extreme fast-paced boarding action in a main event you won’t want to miss!

Sonic Colors

The diabolical Dr. Eggman has hatched another plan for world domination! He has built an amazing interstellar amusement park, floating in space around Sonic’s home planet, bursting with incredible rides and attractions. However, all is not as it seems as Dr. Eggman has abducted an alien race called Wisps and is harnessing their colorful energy to fuel a sinister plot. However, before Dr. Eggman completes his evil plans, Sonic discovers his mysterious theme park in space. When he arrives, Sonic finds he is also able to use these alien powers and is ready to help! Sonic will need all his speed and skill as he faces this test, but, empowered by the alien energy, it’s a test he’ll pass with flying colors!

Isn't that awesome? It actually said 3" and 5" for Sonic Free Riders and Sonic Colors too... =)

Right so as follows

August- September will be

Big + Froggy

Robotnik + New Metal Sonic

Vector & Espio comic pack

Charmy

Blaze

October and November

Jet

Wave

Storm

Sonic Colours cast

and Rouge and omega are being put forward next which would only leave Chaos 0, Tikal, Marine, the Marauders, Emerl, Gmerl, eggman Nega, from the current generation to be brought out right?

Daaaang... I still want Blaze the Cat and Big the Cat + Froggy SO bad...

Yeah, that is correct.

But remember, robots is also possible; Badniks, E-100 series including E-102 Gamma (and Omega), Egg Pawns (Well known from Sonic Heroes), and maybe even Egg bosses as well, or Zero. So, can't forget them... Along with Mighty having increased chance, although he isn't confirmed yet, but it is nice that Jazwares suggested Mighty for us on Facebook. =]

Oh yeah, and don't forget Burning Blaze. xD She appeared in Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure. I wonder that Burning Blaze could appear in a pack with 7 Sol Emeralds? That could be too epic... Geez, I still can't wait for the super pack of 3 super hedgehogs with 7 Chaos Emeralds... Heck, I might buy two of that, and pretend the other 7 Chaos Emeralds as 7 Super Emeralds (LOL) oh, and we should get Master Emerald as well. O_O

I dunno if anyone mentioned this before, but with the upcoming re-release of Sonic Adventure on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network, it would make sense to get figures of Chaos 0, Gamma, and maybe even Tikal. :o

I've been searching for an active community to talk about these figures for quite a while. It's nice to see a company coming straight to their market and getting ideas from them. With that said, I think an egg capsule with a spring on top the when pressed pops the capsule open, packed with a bunch of little critters wouldbe awesome. Also, I would like to see the chao. I collect the 3" line, so everything I mention I would want in that scale. For the chao, I figure they could pack three or so randomly in a blind bag, charge maybe 3 bucks for them and make some more rare than others. I'm picturing somehing along the lines of the gogo crazy bones things but made with a softer plastic. As an added cool factor, each chao could be encapsulated in an egg that disolves in water so you really have no idea which one you're getting til you get it home. They would make a bundle just by making maybe four or five different chao and then giving each a couple different paint jobs. The rare ones could be the special chao that looks like the characters!

I haven't read all of the threads here, but where has it been announced that eggman will be released with metal sonic? I've been trying to track down the sonic/metal two pack (I've yet to get a regular sonic as I don't care to have a lot of doubles) but I've heard that metal is rather fragile and it sounds like this new one will be better quality. If that is the case, then I have the issue of finding the Amy Rose pack but then having to get her again if the single release comes with a hammer... I guess I need to track down a regular sonic before he gets too hard to find...

I hope a cream comes out soon, with cheese which would be a great lead into my chao idea. I don't know why, but I like her design. I have not played any games with her in it other than a simple excel game on windows.

I bought shadow with bike, since his bike was actually in the regular games, but was a little dissapointed at the simplistic design of it. I corrected that with an LED, battery and on/off switch on the bottom. All it needs now is a paint job to bring out the smaller details, but I'm not much of a painter.

I dunno if anyone mentioned this before, but with the upcoming re-release of Sonic Adventure on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network, it would make sense to get figures of Chaos 0, Gamma, and maybe even Tikal. :o

That is a very good idea. I hope it will happen...

I've been searching for an active community to talk about these figures for quite a while. It's nice to see a company coming straight to their market and getting ideas from them. With that said, I think an egg capsule with a spring on top the when pressed pops the capsule open, packed with a bunch of little critters wouldbe awesome. Also, I would like to see the chao. I collect the 3" line, so everything I mention I would want in that scale. For the chao, I figure they could pack three or so randomly in a blind bag, charge maybe 3 bucks for them and make some more rare than others. I'm picturing somehing along the lines of the gogo crazy bones things but made with a softer plastic. As an added cool factor, each chao could be encapsulated in an egg that disolves in water so you really have no idea which one you're getting til you get it home. They would make a bundle just by making maybe four or five different chao and then giving each a couple different paint jobs. The rare ones could be the special chao that looks like the characters!

I haven't read all of the threads here, but where has it been announced that eggman will be released with metal sonic? I've been trying to track down the sonic/metal two pack (I've yet to get a regular sonic as I don't care to have a lot of doubles) but I've heard that metal is rather fragile and it sounds like this new one will be better quality. If that is the case, then I have the issue of finding the Amy Rose pack but then having to get her again if the single release comes with a hammer... I guess I need to track down a regular sonic before he gets too hard to find...

Welcome to the awesome community here! And I could love the Egg capsule figure, that sounds awesome... And yeah, the Chao ideas is also very good, and I hope your Chao idea will be mentioned to Jazwares with Sega, I could buy a lot of blind packs of Chao for say; 3 dollars each, even if I end up getting some same Chao, I LOVE CHAO and I won't mind buying a lot. :P And I could make my own "Chao Garden" with many Chao figures, wow... XD And whoa, I could like Tails Chao, Knuckles Chao, and so on... Huh. These kind of Chao does exist, there is Sonic Chao appearance from Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Advance 3 (Cheese can transform into Sonic Chao with Sonic, by the way!) Ahem.. :P

OH yeah and Eggman+fixed Metal Sonic pack isn't out yet, sadly. And I don't think Sonic+Metal Sonic pack is out there anymore, so you should seek for Sonic+Amy Rose pack for now, because they are still coming right now in Toys R US stores!! And the fact that Amy Rose need a hammer with her, we don't know if that will appear when Amy get her single release, but let hope for that possibility.

I hope a cream comes out soon, with cheese which would be a great lead into my chao idea. I don't know why, but I like her design. I have not played any games with her in it other than a simple excel game on windows.

I'm Cream fan too, so I could love to see her with Cheese, too. She is well known from Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Advance 3, Sonic Rush, she also appeared in some Sonic games such as Sonic Adventure DX (As cameo appearance), Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, and Sonic+Mario Olympic Games (As gun holder for start of races). But just like everyone else in current generation, she have a good chance to be made in future.

I bought shadow with bike, since his bike was actually in the regular games, but was a little dissapointed at the simplistic design of it. I corrected that with an LED, battery and on/off switch on the bottom. All it needs now is a paint job to bring out the smaller details, but I'm not much of a painter.

To be honest, that was based on Shadow and his bike; from Sonic & Sega All-stars Racing game, so... =/

Right so as follows

August- September will be

Big + Froggy

Robotnik + New Metal Sonic

Vector & Espio comic pack

Charmy

Blaze

October and November

Jet

Wave

Storm

Sonic Colours cast

and Rouge and omega are being put forward next which would only leave Chaos 0, Tikal, Marine, the Marauders, Emerl, Gmerl, eggman Nega, from the current generation to be brought out right?

WHERE'S the supers in that list????

I know the bike was based off the all star racing game but it made sense for him to have the bike since it appeared in other games. I couldn't find a single carded shadow, so I used that to justify getting his bike but not knuckles or sonics vehicle.

I know the bike was based off the all star racing game but it made sense for him to have the bike since it appeared in other games. I couldn't find a single carded shadow, so I used that to justify getting his bike but not knuckles or sonics vehicle.

Good idea. XD Shadow as single carded and Shadow with bike is exactly same but with different hand forms.

Thanks much!

I figured it had to have come up, but I wasn't going to go through 125 pages to find out. I did read a lot of the older posts, but there's too much to look through that's just too outdated.

Agreed. XD

Good to know that same kind of ideas were around for a while. =]

I don't wanna sound like a jerk or take too much credit or anything, but I was the person who suggested Metal Sonic (if my memory serves me right)

Heh hey man, if you DID then I thank you for first suggesting!

Geez I cant wait to see stuff for sonic colors and free riders.

I don't wanna sound like a jerk or take too much credit or anything, but I was the person who suggested Metal Sonic (if my memory serves me right)

I believe you.

But there's also one other thing you need to remember; Joe is a huge fan of Metal Sonic as well. That is why 10 " Metal Sonic was created... xD I knew, it was in Joe's answer fans' questions thingy, and he admitted that his biggest favorite Sonic character was Metal Sonic. ^_^

And yeah, I know right, Omnichronus.

I already started my summer job; in order to save up for new Sonic figures... here I come.

I figured it had to have come up, but I wasn't going to go through 125 pages to find out. I did read a lot of the older posts, but there's too much to look through that's just too outdated.

Yeah, we're gona need to start our own forum before long! Alot of the stuff in here is separate topics. I was around more for the humble beginings. I doubt we had a hand in that much (since the questions were asked because they were planning on doing a Sonic line anyway) but I know we helped with all our suggestions as the thread went along. Seems like this line is really taking off, so I'm glad we were all around from the start. We knew when this stuff was coming and spent those dollars to help this line grow!

Muhaha, oh yes.

It's the power of fans... oh and Joe, too. If it wasn't for him, we probably will never have well-made Sonic figures in any size... Oh man. XD Besides, the fan community is still growing, and soon, we could probably have the power to bring many great classic characters to life; Metal Knuckles, Tails Doll, Bean the Dynamite, Mighty, Ray... Huh? ^_^

I may not have been around since the very beginning, but I've also enjoyed being a part of this experience,

But with all this talk of beginnings, I'd like to thank the person/people who suggested the idea of including stands to Jamaro. Because after that, I remember him saying "GREAT IDEA" and next thing we know, the next wave onward would feature stands, an inclusion that I love. All thanks to the person/people on this forum that suggested it.

Also I agree with Alexx, though it seems like a long shot, a forum dedicated to Sonic figures (and maybe even other merchandise) would be cool. I know I'd join it.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think I was the one that brought up the stands. I do remember saying that, and Mr. Amaro replying with "Stands... Great idea!" or something. XD

As for the "franchise changing news". Honestly, I hope they announce that after Sonic 4 and all it's episodes, Sonic will be exclusively on Nintendo from now on. I dunno, I just always wish Sonic stayed with Nintendo, and didn't branch out to other platforms. Though, I doubt this, as Sonic being on every platform will sell a lot better, I guess. I have no idea what the news could be...

You know...I wouldnt mind that either. But with sonic free riders...id sorta think that that wont happen anytime soon. New voice for sonic? A redesign? (I dont want THAT to happen, and its SOOOO unlikely.) Maybe their giving those angry classic fans the Classic sonic they want for sonic 4? (IM a classic fan, and I grew with the franchise, needless to say, I think its all stoopit, as much as I adore old chubby sonic hehe.)

I cant wait to find out, but I sorta have a feeling it wont be as great a deal as they make it sound.

Oh in case any sonic fans are interested:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/pre-order-sonic-colors-get-a-free-sonic-cosplay-hat

Pretty snazzy I must say! A cute, if not goofy sonic cap.

Oh, that is a pretty cool hat... Too bad, it is also in F.Y.E. store as well, check there if you miss out! :P F.Y.E. also have Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles character hat as well... And don't worry about the size, all of them are adult-sized, so... They can fit on teenagers' heads too. I just know because I seen them in person myself in F.Y.E. and I already owned Sonic/Tails/Knuckles character hats, and they all fit just perfectly fine!

These are Sonic character hats I talked about.

417h0X88YlL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

412Nonc8feL.jpg

Also, as for Sonic Colors, I admit, I loved Sonic Unleashed on Wii when I rented it, but I liked Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure a LOT... So... I'll take Sonic Colors on DS! =) Besides, I can take it with me anywhere I go, so it is good choice for me! Although Sonic Colors on Wii is basically a game about Sonic without Weresonic gameplay, so I don't know because I actually liked Weresonic gameplay as well... hard to decide, but I made up my mind, Sonic Colors on DS, definitely.

I also can't wait for Wisp 2" figures... or so, up to scale for 3" Sonic figures. XD

Edit: Oh yeah, I almost forgot to say this...

Yes, we do need our own forum to discuss about Jazwares, Sonic 3" figures, Sonic plushies by Jazwares, Sonic 5" figures, Joe, suggestions, ideas, classic/comic characters, etc.

So, why not? We should leave it to anyone who have been here for a VERY long time. I'd like to join, as well.

Oh according to The Sonic Stadium, there will be "franchise changing news (not a game)" on Thursday! What could it be? A movie? Firing of 4Kids artists (please)? What do you guys think?

Its funny last year the news was that 4kids went under, but somebody must have saved them apparently. It would be really awesome if Sega would just get rid of them.

As for the franchise changing news I think it will just be that all Sonic games will be multi-platform and that the story book series is dead.