New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Personally I think Omega needs to be next. Hes...kind of an evil character. Then I think for the Supers to "fight" id like to see a sonic and eggman play set with eggman and a "mech" of some sort. Maybe the final boss from Sonic 4?

I definitely agree we need to see some more enemies on the line, we're being spoon-fed heroes here, and while I'm not complaining, it sort of leads to a boring line if all we have are good guys. Need some more baddies, definitely need to do some more with Eggman and Omega, maybe try releasing bosses from the games, but obviously not to scale. Like Chaos, the Biolizard, Metal Madness, Perfect Dark Gaia or even neo metal sonic and Solaris (as tenks has said) etc.

• Like 1

A new Sonic Riders game was announced for Microsoft's Kinect extension to be released early November. I think this seals the deal that we'll be getting the Babylon Rogues this year.

http://kotaku.com/5563349/new-sonic-kinect-game-seems-familiar

They seem to be going by the current design Specs for sonic. Sonic board figure anyone? I MIGHT buy another sonic. Maybe. But like Aquaslash said, perfect opportunity for the Jet and Storm and etc to get figures. Honest opinion is...eh. I mean I like the idea of getting the KART figures more. But theyd obviously be cheaper...I think they could have success. I mean, the hover boards ARE pretty cool. And jet is another Rival/villian character so. It could be pretty cool.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Of course, I'm sure that no one know me, so I'll explain!

I'm Little Comet, a huge fan of Sonic games, and a HUGE fan of Sonic 3" figures, as well. =] I was on last two articles in Sega America Blog based on Joe Amaro, the epic creator of Sonic figures!! I posted my comments on these articles long ago, just in case if you didn't know.

Now, on topic...

I CAN'T wait to get all of new upcoming Sonic figures, especially super forms of Sonic, Shadow, and Silver... I was so happy when I heard the news about all of new Sonic characters that will be made for 3"!! As for Sonic Riders characters, Jet the Hawk will be made, right? It seem very likely that Wave and Storm will be made as well, it just seem kind of obvious, I guess!

I was disappointed when Joe asked Sega about Metal Knuckles, and Sega didn't approve... I was really looking forward to get Metal Knuckles... He's one of coolest robot characters ever, next to Metal Sonic, and other few robot characters like E-102, and Omega... But even when Sega said no, according to Joe, I can't give up my hopes yet, because I figured that if more fans are begging, asking for rights on classic and comic characters, I bet that Sega could eventually listen, and it could be good for getting more money for them, right? This is no way they could say no to Sonic fans who wanted classic & comic characters!

If Sega said yes... I will finally get Bean the Dynamite figure (I been wanting him to be made as 3" figure in a very long time...) and just for people who doesn't know who he is, Bean the Dynamite is underrated character. He's a green duck, with the power to create bombs and he was in Sonic the Fighters. Although, he was also featured in Sonic the Hedgehog comics as well.

Oh and...

Raithos, your signature is a epic win, I agree with you!

Aquaslash, I'm not sure, I think Babylon Rogues are more of like... rivals, not enemies, but we definitely need characters that aren't heroes, so Babylon Rogues are good choices... Same with Omega, we need him.

Knowing that they are looking into Sonic 4, let hope that we will also get a lot of badniks, along with some bosses!!

And a question, is Sonic Gem Collection (video game on Gamecube and PS2) owned by Sega in Japan? Because, I thought, if Sonic Gems Collection (along with all of classic games in there) is owned by Sega of Japan, maybe it is possible for classic characters like Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles, Bean the Dynamite to be also owned by Sega of Japan? I wasn't sure, please answer my question, if you know.

Welcome Little comet! I dont think its so much that, its a rights issue for sega of america as it is that. Sega is unwilling to get the rights to make older characters. I suppose to keep their desired image for sonic. Keeping a cap on what characters appear when and how and if at all.

Off the thread topic but....E3 WAS EPIC Nintendo IMO, ruled. The show. SOOO many games. Im hoping we sonic fans see more of Sonic colors, and even sonic 4

Either way. This is one of Nintendos best years ever. And one of my favorite yet.

Hi Little Comet! Good to have you :D, thanks :P I just can't wait for the super pack! Jet the Hawk is already confirmed and we're hoping for the other Babylon Rogues to be made as well, but given the current flow of the line it's probably a given they will be made- I just hope they have boards although I'm pretty sure they won't :P but that's just my speculation/opinion. lol

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome!

And well, for the boards idea, I think that will happen, because of good reasons...

1. Sonic from Black Knight game, he got the sword, which is kind of like that...

2. I have been told that Super Pack will have 7 Chaos Emeralds, so...

3. Basically, characters that can't be without important objects like sword for Sonic BK, and Chaos Emeralds for super hedgehogs.

4. So, just like I said, it could be also important object for Jet the Hawk, along with Wave and Storm!

Besides, they did make a base and a little dot hole in some characters' shoe, right? I figured, why not if they can just make two little studs on top of the board for a character to stand on it... With character's shoes, having a dot hole on bottom of both shoes, they can easily plug their shoes on the board, and it will connect, like Lego, you know? I can see how well that could work! Maybe they could even start making characters based on Sonic Riders' style, like Sonic with sunglasses and different glasses, same with Tails and Knuckles... along with their own board, as well! It can be known as Sonic Riders line, I can see how well that will sell... Maybe that can happen once Sonic Free Riders is released, who knows?

Although, I was surprised that Amy Rose's hammer wasn't coming with Amy Rose figure... Maybe once Amy Rose is being sold in solo pack, with her own hammer in future? I hope... But since hammer didn't come with Amy Rose figure in Sonic/Amy/Comic pack, that gave me only one reason to worry about how boards might won't show up. But honestly, things look good for Babylon Rogues along with their boards in my opinions! =]

Off-topic: Yes, E3 was very amazing this year, I never expect to see Kirby and Donkey Kong to come up for Wii... I was so happy to hear news about that.

Yes, welcome LittleComet! It's cool that you got your questions answered on the Q & A, I was actually the "SSC" one on the first Q & A.

But anyway, I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but I would love to see the 3 Babylon Rouges as part of another 3-pack like the Super 3-pack. It would sell well, and like what's already been said, it would go well with the upcoming Sonic Free Riders game.

Better yet, it would be awesome if Jazwares did a series of 3-packs to group together related characters. We'd have the Super pack with the 3 hedgehogs; a Babylon Rouges pack with Jet, Wave, and Storm; maybe even a robots pack with Gamma, Omega, and Metal Sonic; and so on.

• Like 1

We're definitely getting the Rogues, since Jazwares like to keep up with new game releases. Rogues should be on the shelves in November.

In fact, we might get GAMMA to tie in with Sonic Adventure's XBLA release, as well as a few Wisps item boxes for Sonic Colors. In addition, we'll get whatever Super form Sonic gets.

Speaking of super forms, I'd like to ask why we didn't get Excalibur Sonic

• Like 1

SuperSawnyc: Better yet, it would be awesome if Jazwares did a series of 3-packs to group together related characters. We'd have the Super pack with the 3 hedgehogs; a Babylon Rouges pack with Jet, Wave, and Storm; maybe even a robots pack with Gamma, Omega, and Metal Sonic; and so on.

Wow. I agree, and I can imagine that... XD

"Chaotix Team pack!"

"Super Team pack!"

"Babylon Rogues Team pack!"

That could be epic win, really. I really don't like the idea of 2+comic packs (especially when they have normal Sonic in it), to be honest... But rather, 3 characters pack sounds really good, if it is all 3 new character figures that we don't get before, like Babylon Rogues, and Chaotix team. Or 2 characters pack, but with no comic included, please... Sure, I love Sonic comics, but I could prefer two characters pack more, without comics, so you can easily get replacement for figures or buying extra characters, without buying another comic, since comics don't really need to be replaced, you know...?

Because I got two same comics due to buying a pack that had Sonic/Metal Sonic, AND a pack that had Sonic/Amy Rose.. =/

Plus, I don't think I have my questions answered on Joe Amaro, but I did mention that I have my comments on there, though. =]

Edit:

Aquaslash: In fact, we might get GAMMA to tie in with Sonic Adventure's XBLA release, as well as a few Wisps item boxes for Sonic Colors. In addition, we'll get whatever Super form Sonic gets.

You have a very good point there... Maybe Excalibur Sonic is far too detailed and hard to make? (Shape on spikes and a cape) Then again... They perfected details on every other characters, so I figured, they should do Excalibur Sonic in future... Seriously, I love that super form, it's really amazing to me. I mean, look at Metal Sonic... It was perfect detailed. They even got fingers on Metal Sonic detailed, as well... Same with Sonic BK's sword, so I know they can pull it off! As for the red cape on Excalibur Sonic, it can be small piece of red cloth, so...! =]

I could love to have Wisps and E-102 as well, by the way! Now that I thought about it, Big the Cat is going to make it, and he was from Sonic Adventure... So, E-102 have a very good chance... Same with Chaos 0.

We're definitely getting the Rogues, since Jazwares like to keep up with new game releases. Rogues should be on the shelves in November.

In fact, we might get GAMMA to tie in with Sonic Adventure's XBLA release, as well as a few Wisps item boxes for Sonic Colors. In addition, we'll get whatever Super form Sonic gets.

Maybe he could still be a pending release? I say this becuase Jazwares is only just starting to really hammer the 3 inch line down and is starting to incorporate all the games into it, sure we have Sonic and the Black Knight Sonic and the Werehog and the ASR figures as "game" releases, but those releases were spanned apart and are from only three games, if anything we might see Excalibur after the rouges, of course this would need to be brought up to Joe so he could see that and it might be a go, I dare to say that I think they are releasing the figures roughly in a chronological order? Either that or based on popularity and general knowledge of the characters (explaining the sonic, knuckles, tails, then shadow silver werehog etc), so Excalibur Sonic wouldn't be made for a little bit

Yes, welcome LittleComet! It's cool that you got your questions answered on the Q & A, I was actually the "SSC" one on the first Q & A.

But anyway, I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but I would love to see the 3 Babylon Rouges as part of another 3-pack like the Super 3-pack. It would sell well, and like what's already been said, it would go well with the upcoming Sonic Free Riders game.

Better yet, it would be awesome if Jazwares did a series of 3-packs to group together related characters. We'd have the Super pack with the 3 hedgehogs; a Babylon Rouges pack with Jet, Wave, and Storm; maybe even a robots pack with Gamma, Omega, and Metal Sonic; and so on.

Interesting you mention that, and I think that would sell well mainly becuase Jazwares released the first three 3 inch racing figures virtually right along with the release of Sonic All Stars Racing in fact if memory serves me right I think they released the toys a week or two before they released the game?? With the new Riders game coming out a 3 Rouge pack would certainly compliment it and boost sales- that's a strong point to make a release like that.

And we could have the Chaotix in one nice bundle with a three pack too encompassing Vector, Espio, and Charmy... Oooooo you could have a Sonic Heroes collection and do 3 packs based on each team since the teams were all split into 3 it would perfectly compliment the 3 packs- Team Dark, Team Rose (you get Big, Chocola, Froggy (count as one) Cream and Cheese (count as one) AND Amy with her hammer! Come on that would be a killer release! (The sub partners matched with each main partner could count as the accessories!), Team Chaotix, and Team Sonic would all have an appearance, AND you could even use that as an excuse to implement super versions of Knuckles and Tails with a "Team Super Sonic Super three pack! (lol)"

• Like 1

Raithos: Maybe he could still be a pending release? I say this becuase Jazwares is only just starting to really hammer the 3 inch line down and is starting to incorporate all the games into it, sure we have Sonic and the Black Knight Sonic and the Werehog and the ASR figures as "game" releases, but those releases were spanned apart and are from only three games, if anything we might see Excalibur after the rouges, of course this would need to be brought up to Joe so he could see that and it might be a go, I dare to say that I think they are releasing the figures roughly in a chronological order? Either that or based on popularity and general knowledge of the characters (explaining the sonic, knuckles, tails, then shadow silver werehog etc), so Excalibur Sonic wouldn't be made for a little bit[/color]

That's possible... That could have explained a lot of why that Jet the Hawk, Chaotix team, other characters are coming later after main well-known characters like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, as you mentioned before.

Raithos: Oooooo you could have a Sonic Heroes collection and do 3 packs based on each team since the teams were all split into 3 it would perfectly compliment the 3 packs- Team Dark, Team Rose, Team Chaotix, and Team Sonic would all have an appearance

DEFINITELY YES. Sonic Heroes collection... GENIUS! I'd go for that goal in collecting of Sonic figures...

Edit:

Also, I was thinking about Excalibur Sonic, maybe a lot of people doesn't know his form, because the game (Sonic and the Black Knight) was "too hard" for many people and didn't reach to a point where they will see Excalibur Sonic scene? Either, or due to stupid bad reviews based on Sonic and the Black Knight, causing the game not to go selling well as other awesome Sonic games? (I love Sonic and the Black Knight game, by the way! It was really good to me, too)

Oh okay, I'll stop, sorry about that, Aquaslash.

I also changed all of my blue posts to normal! =]

Maaaan... I'm glad Joe Amaro is a creator of Sonic figures... Any figure is now possible because of him, wait until we get licence on classic/comic characters, hopefully!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm super pack mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol hehehe

I still want my Big the cat figure and Robotnik+Metal Sonic combo to come out.

Plus still need Amy combo

So what are we lookin at the Eggman/Metal combo + Big in the summer

Super pack in say September

Chaotix in say october

Rouges in November

Blaze in december?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm super pack mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol hehehe

I still want my Big the cat figure and Robotnik+Metal Sonic combo to come out.

Plus still need Amy combo

So what are we lookin at the Eggman/Metal combo + Big in the summer

Super pack in say September

Chaotix in say october

Rouges in November

Blaze in december?

Hmm, Id like to think the super packs will be out before September. Maybe around end of July maybe August

Nothing like a new member to juice it up around here! Welcome LittleComet!

I was finally able to get to Toys Я Us the other day, I saw the comic pack with Amy (it looked... strange to me) and I picked up the fixed version of the 10-inch Metal Sonic (For my 6 year old brother D:< ). I also got Super Saiyan Goku doing Kamehameha :P

• Like 1

Ah, thank you, Superchaos2585!

Also, whenever there's a new Sonic figure out, it always appear in Toys R US near where I live, if you want, I can take a picture of it with my camera and show you on here.

And I just noticed something...

If Big the Cat is from Sonic Adventure and he is going to make it, there's a chance for all of other characters & robots to be made that was in Sonic Adventure... Maybe.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose... Done, right?

We are also getting Big the Cat, so E-102 is definitely possible! (I hope...)

That's not all, that also means Tikal and Zero can make it as well! Just a reminder, Zero is a giant green robot designed by Eggman, chasing Amy Rose to kidnap her, Zero could be a great "bad guy" figure for Sonic figures... Same with Chaos 0! If it isn't too much of trouble, could we end up getting Chaos 2 (Boss that only Knuckles fought), Chaos 4, and Chaos 6? Heh! They should be up to same scale, you know...? It's okay if Chaos 6 is pretty big, but remember, Joe created Metal Sonic 10"... so Chaos 6 as big figure for 3" Sonic figures can happen, who knows...?

Although Joe didn't say anything about planning to create big figures like Chaos 6, Perfect Chaos, any giant Egg bosses for 3" Sonic figures, but let hope that will happen... Maybe after we get a lot of main characters and side characters (Silver, Blaze, Espio), then we get badniks, bosses, etc? =) But Joe DID admit that he LOVE transparent figures... So, it seem likely that he could create Chaos 0 in future!

But whoa, I also hope that all of characters can make it from Sonic Adventure 2... Because that will lead to possible characters such as Maria, G.U.N. robots, many different Chao, G.U.N. bosses, and such... =) It's just... too good to be true.

Wait a minute... Remember Egg Robo? He's a Eggman-like robot, featured from:

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (As enemies in a world before heroes get in Death Egg world)

Sonic R (Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles was in that game too.)

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (As unlock able racer for racing mini game)

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (He appeared as cameo in background on one of worlds. This is not a joke, it was really him, I knew because I played the game myself.)

With Egg Robo's appearances in games like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Chronicles, does that mean Sega own him? Not sure...

Since Joe seem to enjoy answering fans' questions, the last entry of that was on June 1, will there be new one on July 1? That's my prediction, I hope Joe will agree to do it again, I enjoyed how he share a lot of juicy information with his fans! :)

I really can't wait for all the new Sonic figures! And Chaos and Zero would be awesome! I'd get 'em in a heartbeat. I dunno, I also found Zero to be the pefect "Stalker robot" with how he practically stalked Amy. XD

Anyways, I love that we have all these new figures to look forward to, but what really surprises me is that there hasn't been any confirmation on a Rouge figure being made. Heck, I think she's the most popular female character behind Amy, so I'm kinda surprised.

Zero as stalker robot? I agreed. Muhahahahaaaaa.

Why, he could also stalk other characters if I want him to, just for the fun of it. >:]

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Rouge, but if other many characters will make it, then Rouge will eventually make it, just give it some time!

After all, Sonic Team made it, and Chaotix Team made it, as well as Amy Rose & Big the Cat (with Froggy)! I hope Cream will appear, as well. =]

It would seem the restock of Shadow 3 inch is hitting online stores fast, Ive seen a few shadows on ebay and one on amazon, i may finally be able to pick it up now! if the shipping isn't downright stupid of course... lol

Recently, I just checked Toys R US here, and...

Nothing new released, sorry. I will check again next week... Toys R US always stock up more stuff on Thursday night, so that's why it is best time to check on Friday! =]

Although I saw a bunch of 5" Sonic, Weresonic, etc... And many different 3" Sonic characters, along with mini racers... Nothing new, definitely, yeah...

I only mentioned the apparent restocking of Shadow to give myself and others (Tenks) a heads-up to look out for them now, since he and I would most likely kill a person to obtain one at this point :P