New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I've seen the singles re-stocked about three times at each of the TRU's near me. After about a month ago, not any more. Same with the Blaze comic packs. There were several cases of the comic packs at each store but since each case has some Blaze/Sonic and some Classic Amy/Sonic packs, all the Classic comic packs got left behind so there's about 15 at each store now. Now they're also getting in those Free Riders re-releases, Chaotix packs, and a ton of 5" and Super Posers.

It have been a while, but hey everyone!

I am pretty sad to see what's upcoming for 2013, there is hardly anything interesting for me. There's only few that appeal to me, which are...

blackknightfigures.png

It's like.. holy crap, look at how detailed and amazing they look. Pretty badass. I have to get them, I am a big fan of Sonic & the Black Knight (even though most apparently aren't) as well. There's new vehicle figures that I *might* buy, depends on how awesome vehicles would look. Either way, everything else isn't anything huge or really new. I am really happy that I did get Blaze figure sometime in last year though!

There's a small handful of pictures on upcoming items that you may not have seen yet, like life sized ring or 3D chess. http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/02/jazwares-toy-fair-2013-booth-new-toys-confirmed/#more-28257

Anyone played Sonic Jump? While it isn't a big Sonic game, it'll definitely keep you busy for a long time, it's one of best "mini games" I've even played, it's really worth the cheap price. There's score system, rank system (of D to S depends on how quickly you complete the act), there's nice amount of unlockables including characters. There's Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, Blaze, Silver, and even Rouge. Which is really nice for fans enjoy having a variety of characters to play as instead of just Sonic. Of course, you can't unlock most of them until much later, you get random missions to complete such as finish certain Act under time limit, destroy a number of certain enemies, beat a Boss, get every red Rings of the zone, and so on. Every time you complete a mission, depends on what type it is, you get 1-3 sonic medals, filling up medal slots until you get enough to level up, then you get more slots to fill out. Most characters won't be unlocked until certain level, and even when they are unlocked, you still need to purchase them with rings you collected, which makes collecting rings very enjoyable! There are other things to purchase using rings, of course. Heck, a lot of badniks (I spotted Bomb as one of them!) are making an appearance in acts instead of crappy non-badnik enemies.

If you have iphone, I highly recommend you to buy it, even if you aren't a big fan of iphone games, that will still stand out the most to you if you're a great fan of Sonic. It's very cheap, just try it.

In meanwhile, I got an idea, why don't we post a picture of our current Sonic figure collection? I might share mine soon, it would be really cool to see how many you guys got! There is a few I'm still missing like classic Amy Rose, classic Metal Sonic, and Charmy. Clearly for good reasons. I don't want to pay extra to get classic Amy Rose with extra comic and Sonic figure that I already have 5+ of.

Since the day I obtained Blaze figure pack, I haven't shopped for Sonic figures even since. Look like I'll be extra money this year for other things that I am interested in.

Currently I am going through a very strong Pokemon phase of where I suddenly want to get Pokemon games, figures, watch Pokemon, and so on. (Cards excluded, I do not collect cards in general, with one certain as exception) I don't know if any of you like Pokemon, I just want to share. I got games for Pokemon, which are LeafGreen, FireRed, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, SoulSilver, along with White and White 2 as a gift from one of my best friends. It'll keep me busy for quite a while. I already purchased several Pokemon figures off ebay and are looking forward in getting them. I tried watching Pokemon but after 7th episode, got bored of watching it. I guess Pokemon show isn't my taste. : P

There is a reason why I am going through a big Pokemon phase, my parents hate Pokemon for a very long time and they are sadly Christians, they get crazy ideas about Pokemon, it took me forever but I finally convinced my father that Pokemon is indeed not "evil", and even since, I no longer have to hide Pokemon stuff from him and my Pokemon interest began from there. =]

Ookay, my current collection. DSCN2256_zpsb51c4564.jpg

Also wow, even you too, SuperChaos? Right now, few of my friends are into Pokemon right now which is why i'm just surprised that a handful of people I know are into it at same time. lol

Are you excited about Pokemon X & Y? I really am, while I normally don't care about graphics, however I'm really excited about the idea of how over 600 (or 700 with new additions of next generation) pokemon being 3d model instead of sprites... Think of your favorite Pokemon, being 3d model to battle others. See how awesome that is? I look forward in seeing that!

What could prevent you from getting new games?

Yeah, I look forward in seeing my favorite Pokemon being 3d model, like Cubone. : D I never got a chance to play Stadium but heard a lot of positive stuff about it from fans who played it in their childhood, it sucks that I missed out on that game.

Meanwhile, I got an idea, why don't we post a picture of our current Sonic figure collection? I might share mine soon, it would be really cool to see how many you guys got! There is a few I'm still missing like classic Amy Rose, classic Metal Sonic, and Charmy. Clearly for good reasons. I don't want to pay extra to get classic Amy Rose with extra comic and Sonic figure that I already have 5+ of.

My Jazwares Sonic display counter is kinda set up in a weird way where it's hard to see everything in one picture, so I snapped a few:

I keep Sonic, Tails, Silver, Blaze, and the Chaotix on the top floor of my Marble Garden Papercraft

8533684988_ccd63b87aa_c.jpg

8533685102_af38a1f78c_c.jpg

And I keep Shadow, Dooms Eye, Werehog, and some of my baddies down on the lower level of the Marble Garden (Knux on his Land Breaker is back there behind it as well as the 10" Flocked Sonic)

8533685204_ef7ab517d3_c.jpg

Then we got Team Babylon

8533685290_8ca2a41157_c.jpg

To be Continued due to photo limit . . .

Next up is Team Rose (ish) and some of my vehicles, as well as my Eggman Nega custom in the background

8532575595_05f0b99ebf_c.jpg

Knux and my custom Julie-Su, guarding the Master Emerald (a paperweight) on the Hidden Palace papercraft with the Super Hedgehogs and Invisible Espios (both shades of purple) for back up

8533685496_35146ae37c_c.jpg

Eggman in his lab, with plenty of badniks to keep him company. I bought two Egg Robo packs, and turned my extra Classic Robotnik into a gold statue. Figured that was something Eggman would have in his lab :P

Also my Resaurus Gamma, since he's pretty much to scale with the Jaz figures. I keep my Resaurus Sonic/Tails/Knuckles on a different shelf with my 5" Jazwares Classic Sonic.

8533685778_cf41fea170_c.jpg

And to round it all out, the Classic characters on the Green Hill Zone papercraft

8532575407_262322bcd5_c.jpg

I also have plenty of doubles of course, but I keep those all in a closet for future customs. I'm slowly working on a "Bark the Polar Bear" out of a Knuckles head and a Storm body, but we'll see how that goes :P

My fiance and I are looking to move into a new place and I'm actively making sure that it has some more room to display these guys in a way that's less cluttered ^_^

While we're at it, here's my F4F Large Scale Classic Statues that I keep up in my loft:

Lights On:

8533685998_0bfecfbf23_c.jpg

And Lights Off:

8532575873_bba002d5ca_c.jpg

Besides my aforementioned Resaurus figs and quite a few plush (including my favorite Nack the Weasle plush!), that's basically all my Sonic-related stuff. Not including the large chunk of Sonic figs that my fiance politely asked me to put in the attic or sell. Seems she thinks the amount shown here is more than sufficient :P

I don't have a 3DS. I also lack the money for one. If I were to get one, I'd buy Dream Drop Distance before any other game. =P I can't wait until Kingdom Hearts III.

Oh I see. : )

3DS games are only $40 each, so I thought it's really a good price, but I do understand. I originally avoided on getting 3DS until it start to get more games I actually like, along with price drop and my prediction came true! Price of $250 went down to $160, I think and that it was a red 3DS which is a really nice color for a handheld instead of colorless, came with a game I wanted as well! =D 3DS actually have some of best games I've even played, if you played Harvest Moon on GBA or Gamecube, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning will be perfect for you, it's the best HM game I've even played. There's Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Mario Kart were best games, like.. Mario game was the best Mario I've played, while MK7 was the best Mario Kart game I've played, so on. Kid Icarus: Uprising was really good for being a very unique game.

Wow, Techaspike, your collection is really awesome! I love your papercraft, especially Marble Garden. I love how underground area have dark stuff down there. lol I think that any hardcore Jazware-Sonic collectors never enter home without first extra copy. XD Man, you even have Chao figure and rare E-102 figure, that is really amazing.

I have several other Sonic items that aren't in picture such as a large poster of Sonic characters, comics of Sonic and Sonic Universe, Sonic Volume books, Sonic Select books, and some plushies like Cream, classic Sonic, classic Amy Rose, Shadow, and Tails. I also have plushies I won as prizes from Six Flags park and got Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, and Super Sonic. (Silver and Super Sonic have really shiny skin). and that is all of my collection =D

Beautiful, Mark. I really want the big statues. XD I need to get some money together.

Comet, there's another thing we've got in common, I love Harvest Moon. XD

Holy crap. lol That's crazy! Which HM games have you played and enjoyed? I started with HM: Friends of Mineral Town, played HM: DS, HM: A Wonder Life, and HM: Magical Melodies, and HM: A New Beginning. Those are good ones, especially the last one, HM:ANB for 3DS. I kid you not that it was really the best HM game I've even played, unlike all other games, this game have much more 'unlockables' in a way as you progress the game, it have fairly slow painful start but once you have gotten past that, that's when it get really good afterward and better and better. There's so much of stuff you can buy as well as build such things and there's many ways of customizing your town, you can place props and buildings anywhere you want. (You can't in start of game, keep that in mind) There's a lot of new things you can do that you couldn't in past games either, you should research and see for yourself =D When I first got the game, I ended up playing it everyday for more than two months, it was pretty addicting, I wasn't even done with the game either, there's still tons of stuff to do. XD

Yeah, do it, Tigger! I'd like to see, as well =]

Awesome. *o* Wow!

I was actually waiting for more posts to spawn here but it doesn't seem happening, so I'll post once more.. lol

Now that Sonic Dash (a interesting sequel to Sonic Jump) is out, what's next? There's a small amount of rumors saying Sonic Adventure 3, some say that Sega took domain on several Sonic Adventure 3 link names or something, some say that it's in development, may be out sometime this year, and so on. It seem all fishy but those rumors are kind of recent, it might actually happen.

But I'm little worried though, what if it isn't like what we expected? Like, Sonic 4 wasn't.. er. well, up to Sonic 3's standards, at least for me. Then again, they did a great job with a handful of recent Sonic games. Hm..

By the way, I hate a major part of Sonic fandom, there seem to be too many kids involved, (I get that it's aimed for everyone in age but it seem like most of fandom isn't adult) some are artists, but not so creative with their characters, most of their characters are usually just Sonic, Amy, Shadow clones and so on. The thing I hate most about the fandom is that they *ALWAYS* say negative crap about some of decent games or say stupidest things ever, and so on. For instance, if people talk about Sonic Adventure 3, there's going to be posts of people saying Sonic 06 was basically Sonic Adventure 3 or Sonic Heroes was basically Sonic Adventure 3.. And then there's times where people complain about one new character nearly every time. Don't get me wrong, some of game's exclusive characters does suck like Chip but come on, it's not like he'll appear in many Sonic games from that point, so people need to stop overreacting over it. He's likely just a story character.

But let's face it, it's not going to change sadly. I've witness some different type of fandoms, they all have horrible majority part of it, not just Sonic fandom, it's depressing. The least I can do is not be part of them and enjoy Sonic games and obviously not complain about a game so damn much.

A bit of rant there, I never liked that about Sonic fandom in general. And don't get me even started with comments you could find on Jazwares' page about Sonic figures, there's a handful there. At least I think, since the last time I checked. *shivers*

Anyway, if there is going to be Sonic Adventure 3, I'd hope that they at least have two stories, or maybe more, I do not know, along with playable characters other than Sonic, with gameplay that is more like Sonic Adventure series, then well, I'm sold. =P It's not that I dislike playing as Sonic, but playing as other characters in major Sonic games makes game more enjoyable for me. I loved playing as Blaze in Sonic Rush and Sonic Adventure Rush but was kind of disappointed when I found out that Blaze wasn't playable in Sonic Colors (DS), even though it's sorta expected, you know.. since it isn't exact a story line to Sonic Rush series, but Sonic Rush's gameplay style is definitely there, so..

Am I only one who prefer it that Sonic games get playable characters other than Sonic? And I miss playing as Shadow, watching him skating with his rocket shoes and zooming through stages. If you get what I'm saying.

I think what you're saying is really interesting. I don't mean to get into hypotheticals but what if Sega recreated the sa2 multiplayer for story mode where after you play through it, there will be characters you can go back and play as and go on new routes otherwise inaccessible pre-completion. Say play through a sonic level as knuckles and instead of running the loops, you have to dive and glide through them. Even if there is another good game made, there's going to be that part of the fanbase that wants the opposite of what was implemented in the game and generate negative mob mentality. I think the hope of a sa3 is kind of ridiculous because it sets an expectation for Sega that I don't think they should be concerned about. Just let them do what they need to do to make something fun.

Comet, haven't heard from you in a while. Glad to have ya back. :D I would post a picture of my collection, but it's in storage until i finish moving. It's pretty small, but I will try and have a pic up soon. As for the upcoming Sonic game, I'm excited. I'm not sure if Sonic Adventure 3 would be a good name, like Super Chaos said. I know Sega's learned about the right Sonic games, but if SA3 isn't the best damn Sonic game there is, the "fans" are going to find something to complain about. Another thing is that it is going to be on the 3DS too, but in a Sonic Rush style. That's fine, but I would like a console perspective on the go too.

While we're on the topic of 3DS and stuff, you guys have way too much in common with me. Not long ago I realized SuperChaos like KH like I do, but BOTH of you guys like Pokemon and Harvest Moon. I've been keeping up with Pokemon lately, with some of the earlier titles to almost all of them in recent years. Looking forward to X & Y too. Never liked the show, thought Ash was pretty oblivious about something he's been dong for 15 years. I used to collect the cards, but I stopped last year. I've got quite the number of good cards(value, anyway. Don't even know how to play competitive anyway). I have Harvest Moon for the 64 and DS, I think. 64 one was pretty fun, and the DS game was great to me. I need to pick up the 3DS release. And, Comet, would you like to exchange friend codes with me?

Also, SuperChaos, I like Dream Drop Distance better than Birth By Sleep(have you played that one?), but mostly because of Sora and the new worlds.

I think what you're saying is really interesting. I don't mean to get into hypotheticals but what if Sega recreated the sa2 multiplayer for story mode where after you play through it, there will be characters you can go back and play as and go on new routes otherwise inaccessible pre-completion. Say play through a sonic level as knuckles and instead of running the loops, you have to dive and glide through them. Even if there is another good game made, there's going to be that part of the fanbase that wants the opposite of what was implemented in the game and generate negative mob mentality. I think the hope of a sa3 is kind of ridiculous because it sets an expectation for Sega that I don't think they should be concerned about. Just let them do what they need to do to make something fun.

That'd be pretty awesome, from what you said about muiltplayer and play as other characters. =D

That is true though, there'll always be the part of fanbase to rant about great things in new games.

Heh, it'd be nice if they DO make Sonic Adventure 3 but I still don't see it happening... maybe not yet.

I agree with pretty much everything you folks touched on. I don't think they should use the Sonic Adventure 3 name unless they're sure it will please most of the fans, like Sonic Generations did.

True that.

Comet, haven't heard from you in a while. Glad to have ya back. :D I would post a picture of my collection, but it's in storage until i finish moving. It's pretty small, but I will try and have a pic up soon. As for the upcoming Sonic game, I'm excited. I'm not sure if Sonic Adventure 3 would be a good name, like Super Chaos said. I know Sega's learned about the right Sonic games, but if SA3 isn't the best damn Sonic game there is, the "fans" are going to find something to complain about. Another thing is that it is going to be on the 3DS too, but in a Sonic Rush style. That's fine, but I would like a console perspective on the go too.

While we're on the topic of 3DS and stuff, you guys have way too much in common with me. Not long ago I realized SuperChaos like KH like I do, but BOTH of you guys like Pokemon and Harvest Moon. I've been keeping up with Pokemon lately, with some of the earlier titles to almost all of them in recent years. Looking forward to X & Y too. Never liked the show, thought Ash was pretty oblivious about something he's been dong for 15 years. I used to collect the cards, but I stopped last year. I've got quite the number of good cards(value, anyway. Don't even know how to play competitive anyway). I have Harvest Moon for the 64 and DS, I think. 64 one was pretty fun, and the DS game was great to me. I need to pick up the 3DS release. And, Comet, would you like to exchange friend codes with me?

I've actually been watching this topic every week, so I was never really gone, just mostly not posting. XD

Oooh. I'd like to see your collection! I always find it pretty interesting to see anyone's collection, small or big. =D

Wow, 3DS just kept getting better and better, I swear. There's already a handful of great games to be coming for later this year. Especially Animal Crossing: New leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Pokemon X & Y, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon something, and few other games. While I'm glad to know that if SA3 come, it hits 3DS with Sonic Rush gameplay, I do wish that it'd be console perspective for a game like SA3 if it's happening. Since SA3 is a huge deal and it shouldn't go by 2-d gameplay but that's just my opinion. I'll likely go end up getting it, if they include characters like Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, then well, that'd be actually awesome. Maybe I'll end up getting both 3DS and console version... What if in 3DS version, they make beautiful sprite art style on SA2-like stages such as Radial Highway, and you could play as characters like Shadow on 2-d stage... I think it sounds very nice, when you think about it.. I'd get that game. I'm also a huge fan of Sonic Rush games, their gameplay is really good, it's like saying New Super Mario Bros games are really good for being 2-d game with nice gameplay style. : )

Wow, that is awesome that we have indeed a lot of things in common ^_^ I wouldn't be surprised if we end up being all video game best friends in future. X'D I'm not into KH games though, never owned one, so... You'll definitely love 3DS game for HM, it's really the best.

On topic of Pokemon show, after seeing 7th episode or so, I end up getting bored of it and thought that Pokemon show wasn't my type of thing, so I'll stick with Pokemon games in general, I have no interest in collecting cards in general, with Animal Crossing E-reader cards as an exception.

Sure, let's exchange 3DS friend code! I'm not active playing 3DS right now, since I've been playing Pokemon Diamond on my original DS, same with Pokemon LeafGreen. So... Just letting you know =)

While we're at it, how about messenger as well? (To Gamma and SuperChaos) In.. case if this forum explode or something. I use Skype mostly. What do you think?