New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Today I received a brand new factory sealed copy of Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast. Oh and surprise surprise the disc worked! I was a little worried that the game wouldn't boot, because the very first copy of the game I got for Christmas in '99 did not work yet the game was brand new, so I had to trade it in after christmas day to get a new copy. Needless to say I was really upset back then. It turns out that I wasn't alone and that a few launch Dreamcast games were duds. http://www.zdnet.com/some-dreamcast-games-not-working-3002073597/

My copy that had worked for years was heavily scratched and the case was in bad shape, so I decided to just buy a brand new one.

CHAOTIXYO.jpg

Found the Chaotix! Please excuse the shoddy lighting compared to past pics; I just moved into my first house and my toy room is a terrifying mess. No place to take pics.

Anyway, somehow Charmy is the coolest figure! Espio would be awesome, but DANG he's lanky! He's just....man, he's huge! Way too big. On his own he's cool, but when you set him next to anyone he just dwarfs them. Vector is cool though, and I like his little radio. Charmy is perfect! Articulation works and everything and he looks great...can't help but think that Tails should be that tall, though. Still pretty cool!

AtaleoftwotwotailedTails.jpg

Speaking of Tails, I got the new one for the holding-hands. New joints are cool, but a little thick looking. It's worth it for the hands, though. Love the little...thing he's got, though! Dunno what it's for, but it's a nice little peice of tech for 'em. Only thing different is that he's darker now...but I don't mind.

hemeansitman.jpg

Also got the new Knuckles for the Master Emerald! No new joints, but he works just as well as the previous one. This one is also darker, though. Not sure what I'm gona do with 'em since he's an extra...might hand 'em off to the nephew.

Iminsane.jpg

...and now the insane part. I bought the new multipack JUST for that classic Metal Sonic, and I've already got all the other figures in that pack. The end result is a chunk of cash lost for one of the ugliest paintjobs they've done so far. Kinda surprised, honestly! The previous Metal Sonics were so shiny and nice...I don't know why this one just gets flat grey slopped on. Still...I can't help but like him. And heck, it's not all wasted cash 'cause most of 'em can go to my nephew (unless any of you need some extras...?) Anyway, if they only ever release him this way, then I'd kick myself later for skipping him, so there. Gotta collect my favorite evil robot ever, ya know?

The figures with accessories are starting to pop up on TRU.com. They've got Tails, Shadow, and Knuckles so far. The Chaotix pack is up there as well. There is currently a Buy 1, get 1 50% off on all Sonic stuff online and I think in stores as well. No idea when that ends. Also, the singles are only $7.99 which is a lot better than the $9.99 price they were charging for the figures w/ Badniks from a year or so ago.

I am just so disappointed in the Classic Metal Sonic figure. We waited so long for it, and that's what we get. It's frustrating. Charmy and the accessories look good.

i am gonna be flat and say it that classic metal sonic sucks eggmans butt although the accessorie figures are sweet so is blaze and charmy :P

Yeah, all in all I'm glad to have it if they don't release him any other way. If they DO...well, perhaps I'll just try my hand at repainting this one. At the very least, the sculpt is fantastic.

The sculpt of Classic Metal Sonic is exactly what Jazwares can produce - screen accurate, not disproportional, and altogether excellent.

The paintjob, however, makes it look like a kid's freebie from some fast food restaurant. Jazwares CAN do much better, and I hope they will improve on it for possible future releases of Classic Metal.

Good Lord! I almost forgot, Sonic the Fighters is out on XBLA and PSN, also I think the Master Emerald pack will be worth it, the Knuckles I got from the Egg Pawn pack had a really strange left leg, looking closely, new jointed Espio doesn't look as bad as I thought, but he still has super long arms.

I think I'm the only Sonic fan who actually likes Sonic the Fighters. Weird name aside, my uncle used to own an arcade, and he still has a Sonic the Fighters cabinet. I think it's a lot of fun. Dear God, that Metal Sonic's paint job is horrid. I ordered one like the Metal Sonic junkie I am, but it's so bad. I like the new accessories figures, very nice.

I think I'm the only Sonic fan who actually likes Sonic the Fighters.

Actually, no you're not. I also like Sonic the Fighters - I think it was a good arcade game. I have it on Sonic Gems Collection on the GameCube, and I think it's great! Bit out of the ordinary when there were eight Chaos Emeralds, but they had to fit in the number of fighters somehow...

I think I'm the only Sonic fan who actually likes Sonic the Fighters.

Actually, no you're not. I also like Sonic the Fighters - I think it was a good arcade game. I have it on Sonic Gems Collection on the GameCube, and I think it's great! Bit out of the ordinary when there were eight Chaos Emeralds, but they had to fit in the number of fighters somehow...

As a fighter it is unbalanced as hell..... but I somehow love it.

I'm glad that they added more playable characters, including Honey. I think it's great.

*EDIT* I'm a bit late, but I did mention it a while back, this thread has been up for four years now! =D That time flew by for me, but dragged on at the same time. This has to be one of the longest lasting threads on this site, so thanks everyone for your contribution!

I got to dissect SA2, LOVE IT!!!

I will pick up Sonic racing transformed, it looks really good!

I also want a figure of sonics new ride, and all the modes, the car and jet look sweet!